Why are Christians leaving their churches?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the bible says so.

Actually it does not say that. The reformers were taught by satan to twist scripture to make that false claim.

Enjoy the fruits the teachings of darkness provides.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

This means the Lord is not counting the sin of Adam against us as some falsely claim He is.

Deuteronomy 24:16
Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

AFTER we were born, each of us starting sinning when we reached the age where we knew the difference from right and wrong and those are the only sins the Lord is holding each of us accountable for, not Adam's sin which he alone is responsible for.

If original sin is true, then babies are born guilty of sin, totally depraved, destined for eternal punishment. All passages already studied disprove this. Now note specifically:

Psalm 106:37,38; Jeremiah 19:4,5 - In sacrificing babies to idols, people shed the blood of innocent people. But if the babies inherited Adam's sin, they would be guilty and worthy of death. [cf. Jer. 32:35]

Romans 7:9 - Paul (representative of people in general) was alive before sin came, but then he died. How, if people are totally depraved since birth? (cf. v11)

Hebrews 12:9; Zechariah 12:1; Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Our fleshly nature comes from our earthly fathers (like Adam). But God is the Father of our spirits. God gives the spirit and forms it within man.

Total depravity says man is "wholly defiled in ... soul and body." Does the sinless Father in heaven give us wholly defiled, totally depraved spirits? If the spirit comes from God, not from earthly parents, how can we inherit sin from our parents?

Matthew 19:14; 18:3 - The kingdom of God belongs to those who are converted and become like little children. But if little children are totally depraved, why should we become like them? Does conversion make us totally depraved?

Jesus prayed for children and blessed them (Mark 10:14-16), but He did not baptize them. They did not need baptism, because they were acceptable just as they were. But how could this be if they were born total depraved?

The Bible teaches that sinners must be baptized to be saved (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Mark 16:16; 1 Pet. 3:21; Rom. 3:6,4; Gal. 3:26,27). The consequence of original sin is that babies who die without baptism are all lost eternally. But the Bible teaches that babies are innocent and need no baptism. So original sin is not be true.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus Inherit the Guilt of Adam's Sin?

Hebrews 2:14,17 - He shared in flesh and blood, made in all things like us.

Luke 3:38; Galatians 4:4 - He was a descendant of Adam, born of woman.

2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 2:22 - Yet Jesus knew no sin. In Him is no sin, because He did no sin [Heb. 4:15; 7:26]

If we inherit sin from Adam, then Jesus must have inherited it since he was a descendant of Adam and was like us in all things. But He did not inherit it, therefore we do not inherit it. Guilt is not inherited.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it does not say that. The reformers were taught by satan to twist scripture to make that false claim.

Enjoy the fruits the teachings of darkness provides.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

This means the Lord is not counting the sin of Adam against us as some falsely claim He is.

Deuteronomy 24:16
Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

AFTER we were born, each of us starting sinning when we reached the age where we knew the difference from right and wrong and those are the only sins the Lord is holding each of us accountable for, not Adam's sin which he alone is responsible for.

If original sin is true, then babies are born guilty of sin, totally depraved, destined for eternal punishment. All passages already studied disprove this. Now note specifically:

Psalm 106:37,38; Jeremiah 19:4,5 - In sacrificing babies to idols, people shed the blood of innocent people. But if the babies inherited Adam's sin, they would be guilty and worthy of death. [cf. Jer. 32:35]

Romans 7:9 - Paul (representative of people in general) was alive before sin came, but then he died. How, if people are totally depraved since birth? (cf. v11)

Hebrews 12:9; Zechariah 12:1; Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Our fleshly nature comes from our earthly fathers (like Adam). But God is the Father of our spirits. God gives the spirit and forms it within man.

Total depravity says man is "wholly defiled in ... soul and body." Does the sinless Father in heaven give us wholly defiled, totally depraved spirits? If the spirit comes from God, not from earthly parents, how can we inherit sin from our parents?

Matthew 19:14; 18:3 - The kingdom of God belongs to those who are converted and become like little children. But if little children are totally depraved, why should we become like them? Does conversion make us totally depraved?

Jesus prayed for children and blessed them (Mark 10:14-16), but He did not baptize them. They did not need baptism, because they were acceptable just as they were. But how could this be if they were born total depraved?

The Bible teaches that sinners must be baptized to be saved (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Mark 16:16; 1 Pet. 3:21; Rom. 3:6,4; Gal. 3:26,27). The consequence of original sin is that babies who die without baptism are all lost eternally. But the Bible teaches that babies are innocent and need no baptism. So original sin is not be true.
So let me get this straight.

You believe in baptismal regeneration of babies.

The fact that you said that babies who die without being baptized are lost eternally proves the point I showed from SCripture.

Infant baptism and baptismal regeneration are different discussions to have.

All are born dead spiritually as Paul declared in Ephesians.

Ephesians 2

King James Version

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

When one trusts in Jesus and is quickened( made alive) what is quickened? Body and soul are already alive- so it is the spirit of man that is made alive which is dead in all offspring of Adam.

As for you r commentary of Matt. 19? That is your opinions forced onto the text And you denied your own opinion when you declared unbaptized babies are lost eternally.

So, all those in India, China, and all countries around the world where babies are not baptized- they are lost! Just as Scripture says.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must make a decision to put the Lord first and foremost in their lives and since most churches teach false doctrine, the smart thing to do is not associate with them. No need to be sucked in to their darkness.

Yes, if possible we should all belong to a congregation but if there are no good ones in your area that teach the whole counsel of God then not participating in their darkness is the thing to do.

Even if you had a great church to go to, ultimately Jesus is our Shepard

Thank you, God Bless you.

I do not go anywhere TO participate in a man-made Church. I have my membership in Christ’s Church, open 24-7, with the Supreme High Priest’s teaching available 24-7.

Praise and Glory to God,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reformers teach heresy which is on God's list of "those that do these things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God"

It's too bad those following reformed theology are not right with the Lord.

They'll learn this the hard way when they croak some day and go south instead of north.
We will ALL learn the truth about ourselves when we stand before God to be judged, and hear what HE has to say about us, not just our own opinions of what we perceive about ourselves.

You write with a broad brush which renders your words meaningless, like any other fallacy.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the "evidence" I've seen against Christianity is really just people thinking that their ignorance of theology is proof of atheism.

They don't care that their arguments have already been refuted by biblical scholars who know 1,000 times more about the bible than them, or even want to ask AI which can be pretty helpful too.

They just want to go on their Reddit atheist echo chambers and whine about "if God is good why do bad things happen."

However of course they never question atheism or how ridiculous some of its implications are.

Also many of them are so uninformed that they believe that Jesus never even existed, which is just historically incorrect, they just can't fathom the fact that they're actually wrong about something though.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have my membership in Christ’s Church, open 24-7, with the Supreme High Priest’s teaching available 24-7

And we still have this even if the internet goes down or if some other outage occurs like no electricity, no cell phones, etc

I've checked out the churches in my area and sadly they all teach false doctrine.

I did not bother with checking out the catholic, JWs, Momons, 7th Day Adventist or other known cults since they are known false religions to be ignored.

Most of the "evidence" I've seen against Christianity

It's best not to pay attention to any point of view claiming the Lord is not real.

That would be an exercise in listing to satanic thought

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, nothing in my posts suggests that I believe this.

You are severely confused.
YOu wrote in your post that unless a baby is baptized they are lost forever!

From you rpost #21

So call it what you will but you declared you believe in infant baptismal regeneration.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu wrote in your post that unless a baby is baptized they are lost forever!

No, some people claim if a baby is not baptized they are lost forever which is why some claim babies need to be baptized.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we still have this even if the internet goes down or if some other outage occurs like no electricity, no cell phones, etc.

Amen brother! The assuredness and comfort in BEING a member of Christ’s Church is the Conversion INCLUDES the Word of God IN ones Heart, always with you, regardless if the hardcover BOOK, the access to the INTERNET BOOK, is forced from our possession.

I've checked out the churches in my area and sadly they all teach false doctrine.

I concur. I have friends who they and their folks attended the same upright church for decades, and the pastor passed away, and a younger generation pastor was appointed/hired…and they utterly disappointed, without much consideration of long-time members input…and (they being the dwindling minority), ended up leaving their church.

I did not bother with checking out the catholic, JWs, Momons, 7th Day Adventist or other known cults since they are known false religions to be ignored.

Not my preference as well.

Glory to God,
Taken

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
#4 Unfulfilled Prayers
I think this is the biggest blessing and greatest failure within the Christian community. I believe God answers prayers, but most of the time we have to act. Its not just prayer alone which is supposed to provide opportunity. Its actions that define the journey. I believe prayer is the support system to our actions and desires.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well teh SBC statement of faith from the 2000 conference says nothing about people in other Christian sects going to hell if they believe in teh death and resurrection of Jesus.

The simple fact is people leave for two basic reasons,

1. A church has lost its way and is preaching false doctrine (dead churches)

or

2. People are sinners by nature and will look for an excuse to not have to submit to teh Lordship of Jesus.

Moinor reason:

1. we are living in the last days
2. We live in the perilous times Paul spoke of.
Lot of churches have been preaching wrong doctrines since soon after the early church and the apostles, so can't blame it on that..

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot of churches have been preaching wrong doctrines since soon after the early church and the apostles, so can't blame it on that..
Well of the three churches I have been part of for the past 50 years, and from many interviews I have read, many refugees from other churches come from churches preaching dead doctrine