WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Itching ears with tongues that draw near but hearts that are far away.

Just look at the denominational doctrines. What they proclaim to believe is nothing like how they endorse and teach for the sake of membership.

The churches of revelation are here.

Particularly, the church of Laodicea.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good point. I don't know why some churches bother to claim that they believe certain things, when they have already decided not to believe and practise them.

A case in point is that when you go on the website of any apostate mainline ("liberal") church these days. Their doctrinal statement is still the same as it was 150 years ago but their actual beliefs seem very far from their doctrinal statement. I was in a liberal mainline church to attend a wedding recently, and looked at the list of "recommended reading" for church members. There was a book by John Selby Spong (to say the least, NOT orthodox in his beliefs). There was another about the "Goddess Sophia". :eek:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Their doctrinal statement is still the same as it was 150 years ago but their actual beliefs seem very far from their doctrinal statement.
Which confirms the TOTAL DISHONESTY of these denominations. They have been dishonest for about 200 years, and the RCC for about 2000 years.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which confirms the TOTAL DISHONESTY of these denominations. They have been dishonest for about 200 years, and the RCC for about 2000 years.

The thing that is weird about the mainline Protestant churches is that the doctrine is dependent on the pastor. I'm mostly familiar with the United Methodists. One pastor can be very Bible-centered and another be preaching woo-woo theology--based on his/her ideas with scant attention paid to the Bible. I guess it IS like the Seven Churches of Revelation. There was the church of Philadelphia and then there was the church of Thyatira. :oops:
That is why preachers and teachers have a heavy responsibility to preach and teach Truth. "God is not a man that He should lie." His truth is found in the pages of Scripture--which is totally inspired by the Holy Spirit--the "Spirit of truth". Jesus affirmed ALL of the OT in John 10:35. The New Testament is affirmed by the witness of those Jewish men who became followers of Yeshua ha Maschiach (Jesus the Messiah of Israel). They went to their martyrdom gladly--counting it a blessing to die for their faith in Him. But even if they had not been martyred, they would have understood that to add to God's word with untruths would consign them to eternal damnation. We can totally trust His word. Too bad the Johnny-come-lately pastors from the apostate seminaries don't understand that.

Reactions: Enoch111

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All of this are more reasons why Paul was right to oppose denominationalism and I am nondenominational.

Yes. In Paul's day there was only the church at Corinth, the church at Antioch, the church at Rome, etc. But the reason why denominations were formed in the first place is because there were doctrinal differences that they felt forced them to split. Paul even approves of this in 1 Cor. 11:19

I like to joke that I am "Bapticostal" because I like the conservative Biblicism of the Baptists and the emphasis on the leading of the Holy Spirit that you get in conservative, Bible-centered Pentecostal churches. Some Pentecostal churches are into woo-woo theology that makes their services into a real circus--or even worse, some kind of a cult, centered around a charismatic "pastor".

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so, Deny, Deflect, Reiterate, your standard model I guess huh. No actual discussion of an important concept that might be misunderstood, at all. Ok.

So then I have some precepts and some lines that we might discuss, mjr. Only experience tells me that you will not be able to see them. either. You have been given a lot of rope here up til now mjr, roaring around calling everyone a hypocrite...

Is there anyone here who has not been called a hypocrite by mjr yet? How bout we find out?
Well when you finally start believing in Christ and all that HE has done for you, maybe you can than you can star telling Christians what to believe, I really did tread on your Idol, didnt I...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The thing that is weird about the mainline Protestant churches is that the doctrine is dependent on the pastor. I'm mostly familiar with the United Methodists. One pastor can be very Bible-centered and another be preaching woo-woo theology--based on his/her ideas with scant attention paid to the Bible. I guess it IS like the Seven Churches of Revelation. There was the church of Philadelphia and then there was the church of Thyatira. :oops:
That is why preachers and teachers have a heavy responsibility to preach and teach Truth. "God is not a man that He should lie." His truth is found in the pages of Scripture--which is totally inspired by the Holy Spirit--the "Spirit of truth". Jesus affirmed ALL of the OT in John 10:35. The New Testament is affirmed by the witness of those Jewish men who became followers of Yeshua ha Maschiach (Jesus the Messiah of Israel). They went to their martyrdom gladly--counting it a blessing to die for their faith in Him. But even if they had not been martyred, they would have understood that to add to God's word with untruths would consign them to eternal damnation. We can totally trust His word. Too bad the Johnny-come-lately pastors from the apostate seminaries don't understand that.
The Seven Churches of Asia are so relevant for today! :)

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk