Why are there so many versions of the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And NONE of those verses matches [SIZE=10pt]Eph. 6:13-17 [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]as closely and specifically as[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Wisdom 5:17-20 - [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]not even when they are combined.[/SIZE]
Sure they do. But, as I said, (Eph. 6) doesn't need to match at all any writing of the Old Testament or any apocryphal books. Whoever wrote the apocryphal book of Wisdom probably got his ideas from Isaiah.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's even more dangerous to reject Christ by rejecting his Church (Luke 10:16).
Rejecting, your not only rejects but has being persecuting His church since it begun, You dont want the truth because

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

whose side are you on??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Sure they do. But, as I said, (Eph. 6) doesn't need to match at all any writing of the Old Testament or any apocryphal books. Whoever wrote the apocryphal book of Wisdom probably got his ideas from Isaiah.

Stranger
And denial will only get you so far . . .

monkeys.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Rejecting, your not only rejects but has being persecuting His church since it begun, You dont want the truth because

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

whose side are you on??
And Protestants have NEVER persecuted Catholics??
Looks like somebody needs a history lesson . . .

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its amazing how every topic, no matter what the discussion, always ends in protestant vs catholic lately. It goes from debating the topic to debating if whether or not the catholic church is the one church. I think, going forward, any topic that turns that direction I'm just going to close. Its the same arguments every time. Why don't you guys just exchange emails or something and take this off line instead of clogging up threads with it. Seriously......

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
Its amazing how every topic, no matter what the discussion, always ends in protestant vs catholic lately. It goes from debating the topic to debating if whether or not the catholic church is the one church. I think, going forward, any topic that turns that direction I'm just going to close. Its the same arguments every time. Why don't you guys just exchange emails or something and take this off line instead of clogging up threads with it. Seriously......
I think it's because, many of these topics, when taken to their natural beginnings ARE a matter of Catholic doctrine vs. Protestant doctrine.
For MY part - I don't engage in any of these conversations unless falsehoods are being perpetuated. It think it's important that we discuss these Scriptural and historical matters without having to resort to lying.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I think it's because, many of these topics, when taken to their natural beginnings ARE a matter of Catholic doctrine vs. Protestant doctrine.
For MY part - I don't engage in any of these conversations unless falsehoods are being perpetuated. It think it's important that we discuss these Scriptural and historical matters without having to resort to lying.
Yep, you bet! That infallible truth..... Either way. My position stands. Anymore threads take a turn that way, they are locked. Its the same repetitive jargon and you and the other RCC members on here thrive on it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
Yep, you bet! That infallible truth..... Either way. My position stands. Anymore threads take a turn that way, they are locked. Its the same repetitive jargon and you and the other RCC members on here thrive on it.
And this is precisely what I'm talking about.
You just lumped ALL Catholics together as "RCC", which I guess means "Roman Catholic Church."

There are over TWENTY Rites of the Catholic Church that are ALL in communion - but not all are "Roman" Catholic.
There is the Coptic Rite, Melkite Rite, Byzantine Rite, Armenian Rite and many more

When you lump us all together as "RCC" - you do a disservice to the pursuit of charitable conversation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You just lumped ALL Catholics together as "RCC", which I guess means "Roman Catholic Church."

There are over TWENTY Rites of the Catholic Church that are ALL in communion - but not all are "Roman" Catholic.
There is the Coptic Rite, Melkite Rite, Byzantine Rite, Armenian Rite and many more

When you lump us all together as "RCC" - you do a disservice to the pursuit of charitable conversation.

I think this one gets locked. Some cant help them selves.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, you have found the Invisible Jerusalem, don't expect the blind to be thanking you or accepting of this. Not like you have a much better time with Protestants or anything, is it?

There is only one Book, there in the Lexicon, accessible to anyone. And we are told to go and read It ourselves, with the Spirit's guidance. Of course no one hardly does that, but a remnant find it later, and make the slog out of unlearning what they did not know.

But we are talking now about stepping off a cliff, all alone with Christ, as the many examples in the Book show us.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
well, you have found the Invisible Jerusalem, don't expect the blind to be thanking you or accepting of this. Not like you have a much better time with Protestants or anything, is it?

There is only one Book, there in the Lexicon, accessible to anyone. And we are told to go and read It ourselves, with the Spirit's guidance. Of course no one hardly does that, but a remnant find it later, and make the slog out of unlearning what they did not know.

But we are talking now about stepping off a cliff, all alone with Christ, as the many examples in the Book show us.
Can you tell me where the Bible says that we are to read the "Book" and interpret it by ourselves??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

I think this one gets locked. Some cant help them selves.
Why - because we're not allowed to speak logically and charitably??
Pretty sad . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why - because we're not allowed to speak logically and charitably??
Pretty sad . . .
The only logic to lies is ones way to justify ones opinion when it is wrong. the whole justification of your religion is based on lies and , as you would put it " heresies", God gives all those who are in Christ teh Holy Spirit to Guide the and lead them into teh truth, because the are His children and not bastard sons, who try entering a differnt way. Again the reason why there are so many versions of teh bible is because it is not from God, it was compiled by men to justify there religions and it cause nothing but trouble and keeps men from God as does religion. It has a place but it is not His word and dosent replace teh Holy Spirit.
Il lsay it again, one day when christians discover Jesus teh churches will be empty.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, they're emptying out pretty quick now, anyway, i guess.

13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
The only logic to lies is ones way to justify ones opinion when it is wrong. the whole justification of your religion is based on lies and , as you would put it " heresies", God gives all those who are in Christ teh Holy Spirit to Guide the and lead them into teh truth, because the are His children and not bastard sons, who try entering a differnt way. Again the reason why there are so many versions of teh bible is because it is not from God, it was compiled by men to justify there religions and it cause nothing but trouble and keeps men from God as does religion. It has a place but it is not His word and dosent replace teh Holy Spirit.
Il lsay it again, one day when christians discover Jesus teh churches will be empty.
So, then everybody can follow YOU to perdition?
No thanks - I'll continue to follow Jesus through His Church.

You talk a lot about "lies" but you don't list any . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
well, they're emptying out pretty quick now, anyway, i guess.
Yup - people have been saying that for, oh, about 2000 years now . . .

Matt. 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, as you know, i interpret that passage differently, there is only one Rock to me, and hewn without hands. And i don't doubt that different culture's "churches" have emptied out before, i even read about Russian churches emptying in the past, as ours have now. i guess the church in Russia is undergoing quite a renaissance now, though, just as ours surely will. I even note the rise of "post-Protestant" churches in the several locations i frequent, each somewhat different, but all much more creation~centered than former Protestant churches. Even the RCC is undergoing this--as it has before, i guess.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, this thread seems to have run its course. Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.