• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which of these choices best represent your reason for being a Christian?

• It's just the right thing to do.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • My parents were Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My friends or acquaintances influenced me the most.

• I just want to be saved.

• I love the opportunities for socializing.

• I get caught up in discussion and/or debates.

• My pastor influenced me the most.

• I want to cooperate with God in ending sin and suffering.

• I care deeply about people.

• I fell in love with Jesus.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ol amigo aint the hater of humanity judging monster a lot of folks think i am . I DO LOVE the peoples
that is why i continually remind with truth and correction .
A perfect example of self-delusion. Even Judas thought that he was doing the right thing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A perfect example of self-delusion. Even Judas thought that he was doing the right thing.
Yeah . let us examine this judas .
He like many are self deluded .
He said , could not this have been sold and the wealth redistibuted unto the poor .
BUT THIS HE SAID not cause he cared for the poor but cause he , HE HELD THE BAG JIM
HIMS was taking from that bag .
SO the next time THOSE WHO HOLD the BAG talk bout REDIST OF wealth . TRY SEEING THROUGH IT .
JESUS nor paul nor any said to TAKE from anyone . THEY SAID , LET THEM GIVE CHEERFULLY .
YES I SEE THE EVILS in the rich elites . I know heaping and steaping up money is evil
BUT I SEE A WICKED CROOKED GOVT and men who are using what seems like good
ONLY TO BUILD A SYSTEM FOR THEM . You better watch out jim .
YOU truly believe this liberal progressive social gospel is a good thing .
But you aint seeing WHO and what is behind it . And it aint just in the liberal side either
ITS all over the conservative side too . You folks are hoping IN THIS WORLD and in its MEN .
And that IS YOUR PROBLEM as well as anyone elses .
NOW OPEN the BIBLE , flee the progressive mindset , AND YOU LEARN the WHOLE rightly divided word FOR YOU .
HURRY jim .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So long as i am in this tabernacle i will stir you up by way of remembrance . PETER , sometime is AD sixites .
For years i have known the gift GOD gave to me .
EXHORTATION . to always remind all continously of the truth , of the truth of scriptures that stir folks up .
IT has brought me great joy to always exhort . Though it has been met with hatred by a lot .
And peter and them made sure the church would always have those things in remembrance whereby they could be
stirred up . THEY collected them letters my friend . THE BIBLE IS A HUGE way to be continually stirred up to remembrance
and stay stirred up . Exhortation has been my gift my friend . Always pointing to the LORD and His holy words .
And even though i know some folks knows the truth and be established in it , STILL i will by grace
continually stir them up as well . The flesh is contrary my friend . WE ALL NEED THOSE REMINDERS .
And the moment we think we dont , IS NOT A GOOD MOMENT at all .
Its true , by grace i have read the bible for hours , every day for over seventeen years now .
AND YET it has not once occured to me that i have read it enough and can now stop .
NOPE , ITS always just a love to keep reading it , to keep being reminding , to keep being stirred up
by the TRUTH OF GOD . OF COURSE that is the SPIRIT working In me to REMIND ME OF THIS . SO i remind others as well .
"IT has brought me great joy to always exhort . Though it has been met with hatred by a lot" That says it all! All you ever do is exhort! You never have anything positive to say about anyone besides yourself,

"to always remind all continously [sic] of the truth , of the truth of scriptures that stir folks up ." Wrong! That is your faulty interpretation of "the truth" (as you see it) and of Scripture.

You are not always pointing to the LORD and His holy words. You are pointing to everyone else and judging them!

You love what you believe are the contents of a book, whereas God says to "love your neighbor". IT IS TRAGIC THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

You believe that "OF COURSE that is the SPIRIT working In me to REMIND ME OF THIS" but there are false spirits masquerading as God's spirits. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"IT has brought me great joy to always exhort . Though it has been met with hatred by a lot" That says it all! All you ever do is exhort! You never have anything positive to say about anyone besides yourself,

"to always remind all continously [sic] of the truth , of the truth of scriptures that stir folks up ." Wrong! That is your faulty interpretation of "the truth" (as you see it) and of Scripture.

You are not always pointing to the LORD and His holy words. You are pointing to everyone else and judging them!

You love what you believe are the contents of a book, whereas God says to "love your neighbor". IT IS TRAGIC THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

You believe that "OF COURSE that is the SPIRIT working In me to REMIND ME OF THIS" but there are false spirits masquerading as God's spirits. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF.
Exhorting IS POSITIVE . You think its hate to expose that which is false , a religoin that is false
an act of sin that is evil . You have no idea what the LOVE of GOD entails . ONLY what the progressive liberal
social agenda sold to you as love your neighbor as yourself .
Rather odd their love seems to TROD under foot the true gospel .
Rather odd their love seems to say CORRECT not sins and errors
expose not false religions . You go read the bible , both CHRIST and the apostels DID THAT .
GUESS they didnt have the social gospel love your neighbor as yourself mindset .
TO you those men , including JESUS , need to learn YALLS version of what YOU think love is .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah . let us examine this judas .
He like many are self deluded .
He said , could not this have been sold and the wealth redistibuted unto the poor .
BUT THIS HE SAID not cause he cared for the poor but cause he , HE HELD THE BAG JIM
HIMS was taking from that bag .
SO the next time THOSE WHO HOLD the BAG talk bout REDIST OF wealth . TRY SEEING THROUGH IT .
JESUS nor paul nor any said to TAKE from anyone . THEY SAID , LET THEM GIVE CHEERFULLY .
YES I SEE THE EVILS in the rich elites . I know heaping and steaping up money is evil
BUT I SEE A WICKED CROOKED GOVT and men who are using what seems like good
ONLY TO BUILD A SYSTEM FOR THEM . You better watch out jim .
YOU truly believe this liberal progressive social gospel is a good thing .
But you aint seeing WHO and what is behind it . And it aint just in the liberal side either
ITS all over the conservative side too . You folks are hoping IN THIS WORLD and in its MEN .
And that IS YOUR PROBLEM as well as anyone elses .
NOW OPEN the BIBLE , flee the progressive mindset , AND YOU LEARN the WHOLE rightly divided word FOR YOU .
HURRY jim .
So, how was your supposed college experience. I can't believe that anyone who claims to have attended college would ever write "HIMS was taking from that bag ." and "SO the next time THOSE WHO HOLD the BAG talk bout REDIST OF wealth"

"BUT I SEE A WICKED CROOKED GOVT and men who are using what seems like good
ONLY TO BUILD A SYSTEM FOR THEM". There are none so blind as those who claim that they see.

Why, oh why, do you keep going on and on about "this liberal progressive social gospel without ever defining what that is? Do you know why? Because you can't! I have asked you over and over what you mean but since you have never defined it, it's obvious that you can't!

And now you're including conservatives as agreeing to your phony progressive social gospel! So the entire spectrum from liberals to conservatives disagree with you, but in your mind you are right! LOL!!! :jest:

NOW OPEN the BIBLE, @amigo and flee your deluded mindset. LEARN the WHOLE rightly divided word FOR YOURSELF." Try, for once, to learn what God's word actually says. And don't skip over "Love your neighbor as yourself"

"And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray" Matthew 24:11

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions." 2 Peter 2:1a

1 John 4:1, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exhorting IS POSITIVE . You think its hate to expose that which is false , a religoin that is false
an act of sin that is evil . You have no idea what the LOVE of GOD entails . ONLY what the progressive liberal
social agenda sold to you as love your neighbor as yourself .
Rather odd their love seems to TROD under foot the true gospel .
Rather odd their love seems to say CORRECT not sins and errors
expose not false religions . You go read the bible , both CHRIST and the apostels DID THAT .
GUESS they didnt have the social gospel love your neighbor as yourself mindset .
TO you those men , including JESUS , need to learn YALLS version of what YOU think love is .
Exhorting can be positive or negative. "It derives from the Latin verb hortari, meaning "to incite". The problem is that you're confusing exhortation with berating!

You are completely wrong when you write "You think its hate to expose that which is false". On the contrary, I know it's an obligation to expose that which is false. Unfortunately that is descriptive of your false doctrine: judging and condemning everyone but yourself!

You have no idea what the LOVE of GOD entails!

And then you make the preposterous claim "ONLY what the [undefined] progressive liberal
social agenda sold to you as "love your neighbor as yourself" THAT IS WHAT JESUS SAID TO DO, REPEATING THE OLD TESTAMENT COMMAND!!! It is truly tragic that you have no understanding of what that means!

"
Rather odd their love seems to TROD under foot the true gospel . Rather odd their love seems to say CORRECT not sins and errors, expose not false religions ." is total nonsense!! (But congratulations on writing to sentences in almost correct English!)

You go read the bible , both CHRIST and the apostels [sic] DID THAT . (There were no such people as "apostels")

And claiming that they didn't have the social gospel "love your neighbor as yourself" mindset is heresy! Saying that Jesus and the apostles didn't believe in loving their neighbor as themselves clearly shows that you have NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE GOSPEL!!!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen!

Ro 8:28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
And amen. That verse has been one of my favorites throughout all my Christian life. It has helped immensely to cope with and appreciate the power and loving faithfulness of my Father.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And amen. That verse has been one of my favorites throughout all my Christian life. It has helped immensely to cope with and appreciate the power and loving faithfulness of my Father.
Was actually considering that verse a few days ago and talking about it with a friend. My feeble mind can't grasp the enormity of the idea encapsulated in those few words. All things work together... All the encounters one has over a life time with both good, bad, and the indifferent, and how they affected our choices, also good, bad, and downright ugly at times. How many times, in order to fulfill that promise, did God have to go to plan b,c,d,e in order to accomplish some semblance of order whereby He could begin to put things in place to positively change ones life? I can think of several instances whereby I must have thrown Him some mighty awkward curve balls, even to the point of moving house to another city against His will, yet ultimately, good came from it, although there were several years of intermittent hardship, misdirection, crisis repeating itself, well laid plans turned to custard, and yet through it all came healing in areas we didn't even know needed healing. Some of it was hard to deal with. But yet... One day in heaven there is going to be lots of questions... How did You do that? How did You handle this? What kind of management skills were needed for You to arrange... It's simply mind boggling, yet God did it. And not just for me. For millions of people throughout time and history, many of whom were related and involved in one another's lives to bring about God's purposes for all.
KJV Psalms 8:4
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

KJV Job 9:1-10
1 Then Job answered and said,
2 I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
5 Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.

He who studies most deeply into the mysteries of nature, scripture, and God's dealing with man, will realize most fully his own ignorance and weakness. He will realize that there are depths and heights which he cannot reach, secrets which he cannot penetrate, vast fields of truth lying before him unentered.
One can do little else but be humbled in the dust and be silent before Him.

Another reason why I am a Christian.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was actually considering that verse a few days ago and talking about it with a friend. My feeble mind can't grasp the enormity of the idea encapsulated in those few words. All things work together... All the encounters one has over a life time with both good, bad, and the indifferent, and how they affected our choices, also good, bad, and downright ugly at times. How many times, in order to fulfill that promise, did God have to go to plan b,c,d,e in order to accomplish some semblance of order whereby He could begin to put things in place to positively change ones life? I can think of several instances whereby I must have thrown Him some mighty awkward curve balls, even to the point of moving house to another city against His will, yet ultimately, good came from it, although there were several years of intermittent hardship, misdirection, crisis repeating itself, well laid plans turned to custard, and yet through it all came healing in areas we didn't even know needed healing. Some of it was hard to deal with. But yet... One day in heaven there is going to be lots of questions... How did You do that? How did You handle this? What kind of management skills were needed for You to arrange... It's simply mind boggling, yet God did it. And not just for me. For millions of people throughout time and history, many of whom were related and involved in one another's lives to bring about God's purposes for all.
KJV Psalms 8:4
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

KJV Job 9:1-10
1 Then Job answered and said,
2 I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
5 Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.

He who studies most deeply into the mysteries of nature, scripture, and God's dealing with man, will realize most fully his own ignorance and weakness. He will realize that there are depths and heights which he cannot reach, secrets which he cannot penetrate, vast fields of truth lying before him unentered.
One can do little else but be humbled in the dust and be silent before Him.

Another reason why I am a Christian.
All things work together for good to THOSE WHO LOVE GOD , HIS CHRIST . not anti christ , not the world .
Just a real friendly reminder .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things work together for good to THOSE WHO LOVE GOD , HIS CHRIST . not anti christ , not the world .
Just a real friendly reminder .
"For God so loved the world..." Just a friendly reminder that everyone should believe God's word, not your faulty doctrine.