• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which of these choices best represent your reason for being a Christian?

• It's just the right thing to do.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • My parents were Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My friends or acquaintances influenced me the most.

• I just want to be saved.

• I love the opportunities for socializing.

• I get caught up in discussion and/or debates.

• My pastor influenced me the most.

• I want to cooperate with God in ending sin and suffering.

• I care deeply about people.

• I fell in love with Jesus.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how long should it take for a person to get saved once God calls them?
No one "gets saved." We're still here. Salvation as it is often portrayed is a doctrine of demons. Life eternal is knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ, Whom He has sent. Knowing Jesus is literally everything to the Christian. "Salvation" (the fake kind) is about brute self-preservation. God has literally given His Son to the human race with ties that will never be broken. I don't care if I'm saved, except for His sake and the sake of those who love me and want to be with me for eternity. I just want Jesus to have all of His due glory.

:)

Reactions: Brakelite

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one "gets saved." We're still here. Salvation as it is often portrayed is a doctrine of demons. Life eternal is knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ, Whom He has sent. Knowing Jesus is literally everything to the Christian. "Salvation" (the fake kind) is about brute self-preservation. God has literally given His Son to the human race with ties that will never be broken. I don't care if I'm saved, except for His sake and the sake of those who love me and want to be with me for eternity. I just want Jesus to have all of His due glory.

:)

i gotta ask… are you a JW?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having answered the Altar Call after a Baptist fire-and-brimstone sermon as a 12-year-old boy, I know where LLS is coming from. But it messed me up for the next 30 years.

Love under the threat of torture?

Yep, and my Catholic upbringing too.

Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm really sure that is not how this thing works. He will save you for the very reason you think He won't. No one has ever been good enough to give Jesus a reason to save them. If you do not cast yourself at His feet and acknowledge that you are completely helpless and dependent upon Him to provide you with every jot and tittle of righteousness necessary to gain Heaven, His Sacrifice for you will have been in vain to you, but that's not gonna happen.

Never gonna happen, LS. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. If you've got plans to go to hell, you better hope I forget you 'cause I'm not havin' it. Neither is God. I've been knowin' Him. And I know people who are in the habit of getting prayers answered.
love0030.gif

There's a difference between predestination and predetermination. Do you think God actually predetermined Lucifer to become proud and stir up all this mess we're in now? No way, Jose! Love has to be voluntary, otherwise it's tyranny. There's an amazingly intricate plan to eventually make the universe secure from the possibility of a 2nd rebellion. Jesus died for the unsaved as well as the saved. Otherwise, everyone who's destined to be lost would just expire at the very moment of their first selfish thought. Calvary is the Centerpiece of time, space, and matter. There's way more going on there than we can imagine. The God you perceive is just too small to save to the uttermost, like the one in the Bible.

If you've ever left your soul in Christ's keeping, He will keep you alive and keep knocking on the door of your heart until you are completely uninterested in Him, and even then He may still see a spark in you.

368a1798922995bc0bcb2df6c9efc30d.jpg

I could go on forever (and I probably will), but I've got to stop and see what I've missed while typing this and taking my wife to the doctor. So I'm gonna blast this off, but don't you go anywhere.
Loved the post Barney,
I hope your wife is okay.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In all my research, my understanding seems to me, to be in order. God said believe or end up in hell. Dont have a lot of choices but to believe.
God knows your heart, that is what is most important to him. We must respect him and honour him but not fear him. Fearing God in the bible is another way of saying respect. If you just say you believe it doesn't count it must be genuine. And respect turns into love. Jesus came to show is the way to God. Look at him, see his love for you in that he died for you on that cross. We were all sinners because we all fall short of God's standard but through Jesus we are made saints as the weight of our sin is lifted from our shoulders and we can begin anew as new creations with clean slates. This is what Jesus offers. Go for it.

Reactions: Lambano

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Hi @Siddhi Koli John chapter 3 speaks in the words of the Lord Jesus about the new birth - being born again - which comes by the work of the Holy Spirit...
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
yes I have full faith in Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit
,We are in the last days
I dreamed that the majority of people were worshiping the Black Cross
Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
A Tree and Its Fruit
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2Co_1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Lastly

Pro 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Also

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

J.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli