why can we eat animals.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus remains the same forever. It's people who change.
Character stays the same. You have a confusion as to what staying the same means.

Mal 3:6: "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

See, it's about His character of mercy, justice and love.

The Son of God in heaven before taking upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh did not eat animal flesh, for there is no death in heaven.

He also moved from the Most Holy place in Heaven down here to the courtyard of earth and took upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh.

He lived and died.

He resurrected and ascended

He is back in Heaven where there is no more eating of flesh. He is now once again in the Most Holy place where no dead flesh comes.

We are to follow Him (the lamb) wheresoever He goes. Are you with Him in Heaven, in the Most Holy place by faith, or are you stuck in the past with your mind upon earthly things (like eating flesh)?

Even in the natural world here, when people prepare to go to a foreign land, another country, they begin to practice the language of that place, might begin to wear the clothing of that place, practice some of the customs of that place, and even eat the diet/food of that place, to make for a smooth transition from your old location to the new.

Natural to spiritual (1 Cor. 15:46).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Character stays the same. You have a confusion as to what staying the same means.

Mal 3:6: "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

See, it's about His character of mercy, justice and love.

The Son of God in heaven before taking upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh did not eat animal flesh, for there is no death in heaven.

He also moved from the Most Holy place in Heaven down here to the courtyard of earth and took upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh.

He lived and died.

He resurrected and ascended

He is back in Heaven where there is no more eating of flesh. He is now once again in the Most Holy place where no dead flesh comes.

We are to follow Him (the lamb) wheresoever He goes. Are you with Him in Heaven, in the Most Holy place by faith, or are you stuck in the past with your mind upon earthly things (like eating flesh)?

Even in the natural world here, when people prepare to go to a foreign land, another country, they begin to practice the language of that place, might begin to wear the clothing of that place, practice some of the customs of that place, and even eat the diet/food of that place, to make for a smooth transition from your old location to the new.

Natural to spiritual (1 Cor. 15:46).
Don't try to push your vegan or vegetarian habits on to other people who happily enjoy meat as God intended us to do.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if the Holy Spirit leading me has not led me to stop eating the flesh of animals, should I follow your lead instead? When did King David put away all of his extra wives?
In your pride and love for flesh (you love the flesh so much do you above the Spirit?) you liken the eating of flesh to David's sinful lifestyle of having multiple wives? You justify your position based upon the wrong actions of David? Seriously, think of the logical position you just espoused.

By the way, if you carefully read through the life of David in the scripture, you will see that God never approves David marrying multiple wives, but even allowed David to experience tremendous trial, sorrow, rebellion, anguish and grief and loss because of such decisions. If you read David really carefully you will see he did repent of those choices (Psa. 51, etc) and yet had to take care of those women he had married with their children, though he no longer slept with those women (for instance see 2 Sam. 20:3).

Did you read the study I had linked or listen to it yet, if not, why not follow the instruction of scripture and search the scriptures to see if what is presented is so, and despise not prophesyings.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has never rescinded this permission.
Consider carefully:

Hos 4:3: "Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away."

Because of the increasing sin of mankind more and more animals, of beasts, birds and bait (fishes) are diseased.

God forbid the eating of diseased creatures. God forbid the eating of those creatures which were injured, diseased and or died of itself. Do you know what is sold in the markets is filled with disease, and you have no idea if it was injured or died of itself.

God also, even in Noah's day forbid the eating of the unclean, read it carefully.

God forbid the eating of fat and blood, and everything sold today has those things mixed together. They were not killed properly, drained of blood, sodden and dried.

Study carefully the presentation, and you will see God's warning in 1 Cor. 10; Psa. 78 and Num. 11. Many are dying today because of what they eat. Misuse of diet as Adam and Eve. Their god is their belly (selfish desires for flesh).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not a vegetarian. The Bible records Jesus eating fish (Luke 24:42-43) and lamb (Luke 22:8-15). Jesus miraculously fed the crowds fish and bread, a strange thing for Him to do if He was a vegetarian (Matthew 14:17-21)
No, Jesus, while on earth was not vegetarian. He partook of the Passover lamb in his life and fish on some occasions. This is His example in the past, not present. That was His example when He was in the courtyard of earth, not as He is in the Most Holy place heaven where there is no creature death.

In other words, you are following Jesus at a great distance as Peter on the night of betrayal. Move closer in understanding to be with Him where He currently is, in the light, not in outer darkness with Peter amongst the enemies of the cross warmed by their 'fire' and sparks of self.

Deny self, and do not deny Jesus and succeed where Peter failed.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't try to push your vegan or vegetarian habits on to other people who happily enjoy meat as God intended us to do.
In 1 Tim. 4:3 what did God "create" (Gen 1-2) to be received with thanksgiving, fruit or flesh?

Most misread 1 Tim. 4.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a vision to the apostle Peter, Jesus declared all foods to be clean, including animals (Acts 10:10-15).
No, God didn't. That is a misuse and misunderstanding of Acts 10-11. The vision was symbolic in that God said not to call men unclean (as Samaritans and gentiles). It says it several times. 3 times, 3 men.

Peter is even adamant that years after Calvary, he knew that it was still sin to eat the unclean. Peter even cites from the OT health law in his epistle for Christians. Be ye therefore holy ...

Jesus never said it was ok to eat the unclean and abomination amongst animals.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't try to push
I will preach what God gives me to preach, whether you like it or not, for being from God, it is for your blessing, benefit and life.

Don't rebel as your ancestors before you did, otherwise the consequences will be worse, for light has increased in the last days, and is brighter than in their own days, as the natural reveals in the rising of the sun

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't vegetarian
Past.

What is Jesus at present?

Do you believe and follow present truth (2 Pet 1:12), or are you behind the light which has moved far ahead and beyond you (Jhn 12:35)?

Does Jesus' eat 'angels food' or does he presently suckle at the dead teat of animal flesh?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Avoiding the consumption of hamburgers
Do you know what prions are? Do you know how it affects the mind, the seat of worship? Do you know what is in hamburger, like fat, bone, gristle and blood, hormones, vaccines, GMO, puss, disease, dyes. Do you know how they make it look pink?

Mugre Pinzon

Oct 4, 2019
Fairbanks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what prions are? Do you know how it affects the mind, the seat of worship? Do you know what is in hamburger, like fat, bone, gristle and blood, hormones, vaccines, GMO, puss, disease, dyes. Do you know how they make it look pink?

What I know is that the hamburger is my favorite food of all foods. I prefer to use fresh beef with a high fat content for my burgers. I don't worry about the other stuff, life's to short for that.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your pride and love for flesh (you love the flesh so much do you above the Spirit?) you liken the eating of flesh to David's sinful lifestyle of having multiple wives? You justify your position based upon the wrong actions of David? Seriously, think of the logical position you just espoused.

By the way, if you carefully read through the life of David in the scripture, you will see that God never approves David marrying multiple wives, but even allowed David to experience tremendous trial, sorrow, rebellion, anguish and grief and loss because of such decisions. If you read David really carefully you will see he did repent of those choices (Psa. 51, etc) and yet had to take care of those women he had married with their children, though he no longer slept with those women (for instance see 2 Sam. 20:3).

Did you read the study I had linked or listen to it yet, if not, why not follow the instruction of scripture and search the scriptures to see if what is presented is so, and despise not prophesyings.
Why so quick to jump all over me? Do you do that to everyone who asks you questions?

My last post to you only posed two questions. You apparently read into my questions where you believe me to be with God. I sincerely doubt the accuracy of your 'read'.

As to the study, I did download it to my computer but am uncertain yet whether my program [not Microsoft Office as I do not have that] will be able to read it. I have been very busy with personal issues for several months.

Would you please remind me of the title of it? [I have a sizable backlog of things I need to review or read or watch.] I will make an effort to, at least, look at it. God willing, I will get to it. I do have some higher priorities.

Slow down and remember that not everyone is in the same place with God that you are. Is that good or bad? God knows.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He had to be a vegetarian to perfectly fulfill the Law, because the commandment: "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is not restricted to humans only, that is why bestiality is unlawfull, so likewise the commandment: "Thou shalt not kill", is not restricted to humans only, that is why killing animals is unlawfull.

Also, there is the "shedding of innocent blood" which is highly condemned in Scripture, as wicked and abominable.

AND- JUST WHEN YOU KNOW IT CAN'T GET MORE RIDICULOUS!!!!!

It does.

By the way, when God made clothes for Adam and Eve out of animal skins - Gen 3:21 What do you suppose happened to the inside of the animal when it's skin was removed??? (chuckle)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that many people spend a lot of time to be sure they eat the right things at the right times for a healthy physical body. If they are doing that to be good stewards of God, I am glad for them.

I read and study my read my Bible daily and talk with God. That is where I am. I care for my semi-invalid wife. I am 78 years old and both mind and body have diminished considerably to what they were in earlier days.

I have not the time nor the ability to know all about the human body and the foods people consume. My mind won't stretch that far. There too many more important things to do... and I cannot, without God's help, accomplish them. I lean on Him more heavily than on any man.

There are people, I am certain, serving God more closely than I do and who are even less knowledgeable of such subjects of stewardship than me. Are all of them and me lost because we have not understood them well and are unable to get into them like you do? I do not believe that of our God. Jesus said:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

If we are striving to do those first things first, what will He add to us? What is He adding to us? If we need more than we have room for, will He not make the room? Do not insist too strongly for us as if you knew our needs as God knows our needs? That is needs... not wants!

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He had to be a vegetarian to perfectly fulfill the Law, because the commandment: "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is not restricted to humans only, that is why bestiality is unlawfull, so likewise the commandment: "Thou shalt not kill", is not restricted to humans only, that is why killing animals is unlawfull.

Also, there is the "shedding of innocent blood" which is highly condemned in Scripture, as wicked and abominable.
Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is impossible for Jesus to have sinned, whatsoever Scripture honors Him are True, whatsoever scripture dishonors Him are not Scripture, and not true:
Eating fish is not a sin. Jesus miraculously fed fish to the 5,000

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, Jesus, while on earth was not vegetarian. He partook of the Passover lamb in his life and fish on some occasions. This is His example in the past, not present. That was His example when He was in the courtyard of earth, not as He is in the Most Holy place heaven where there is no creature death.

In other words, you are following Jesus at a great distance as Peter on the night of betrayal. Move closer in understanding to be with Him where He currently is, in the light, not in outer darkness with Peter amongst the enemies of the cross warmed by their 'fire' and sparks of self.

Deny self, and do not deny Jesus and succeed where Peter failed.
Just shows what being a vegetarian does to the intellect.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I know is that the hamburger is my favorite food of all foods. I prefer to use fresh beef with a high fat content for my burgers. I don't worry about the other stuff, life's to short for that.
I recall a dear sister in the Lord who passed from this life nearly 4 years ago at the age of 91. While her husband still lived, she had strived to feed him good things, and toward the end of his time here, the doctors pressed her to change his diet from what he had always enjoyed so much so as to prolong his life.

After a short time on the revised diet, he asked his wife quietly and sincerely if it would be OK to just enjoy the remainder of his natural life a little bit in the way of food? She loved him greatly and readily consented to his request. She never again pressed him on the issue. He lived three more years on his renewed old diet.

When he died, they had been married 59 years. She lived on for several years and after meeting me told me the story and asked me if I believed she had done the right thing. I asked her in turn if those last three years were good for the two of them and in their walk with God. She said without hesitation, "Oh yes!" I then answered, "Then I believe you did the right thing"!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are all of them and me lost because we have not understood them well and are unable to get into them like you do?
Watch the study. The answer is in it, plain as day. No hints before that.