why can we eat animals.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall a dear sister in the Lord who passed from this life nearly 4 years ago at the age of 91. While her husband still lived, she had strived to feed him good things, and toward the end of his time here, the doctors pressed her to change his diet from what he had always enjoyed so much so as to prolong his life.

After a short time on the revised diet, he asked his wife quietly and sincerely if it would be OK to just enjoy the remainder of his natural life a little bit in the way of food? She loved him greatly and readily consented to his request. She never again pressed him on the issue. He lived three more years on his renewed old diet.

When he died, they had been married 59 years. She lived on for several years and after meeting me told me the story and asked me if I believed she had done the right thing. I asked her in turn if those last three years were good for the two of them and in their walk with God. She said without hesitation, "Oh yes!" I then answered, "Then I believe you did the right thing"!

Oh, anecdotes and subjectivism. Do I get to do mine now (you know turn-a-bout and fair play and all that, eh)? I thought we were talking about what scripture, the final authority, in all matters of faith and practice, says.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why so quick to jump all over me? Do you do that to everyone who asks you questions?
Do you think I care or do not care about you, your wife, and age and situation? Your answer will answer your question to me.

By God's grace, a Mormon elder I know is currently suffering from advanced stages of Gout, with large tophi on the knuckles of his large toes, about golf ball size with open wounds with stinking uric acid crystal puss draining from them, and he is in tremendous pain in all of his joints (inflammation due to uric acid build up in the system). Do you know what it is from? Meat and dairy eating and alcohol and soda drinking. It is literally killing him. I offered him the only solution as found in God's word. He saw his error of ways as I told him plainly. He is now following what I told him to do. The inflammation is going away in his joints, his urine is clear and the tophi will be shrinking soon. He is able to walk with crutches now, when before he was bed ridden, in tremendous pain, and could hardly get up or stand. A few months if he stays on the same regimen, he will be completely healed.

I also know of type II, diabetic, who has a massive leg ulcer eating her leg like a large shark bite (I have photos I can show you). She refuses to change her diet. She'll never be cured and maybe lose her leg even with topical remedies applied daily. The diet must change to take full effect.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just shows what being a vegetarian does to the intellect.
Health reformer.

Rom 12:1: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

Bodies (flesh).
Reasonable (mind/heart/spirit).

Salvation is of the whole person. It is literally what it means. D'sozo.

3Jn 1:2: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give God the glory!
1Cor 10:31: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

Rev 14:7: "Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

Do you know what is coming? I do.

Rev 16:9: "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

What is the first plague?

Rev 16:2: "And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

A plague of anti-health. Why?

Hos 4:6: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Context:

Hos 4:3: "Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away."

They reject the great Physician, the balm of Gilead, who will take all their diseases if they let Him:

Deu 7:15: "And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee."

But because they refuse the only cure, they reap what they are sowing, from wind to whirlwind, from a single seed to 30, 60 and 100 fold.

The first plague is coming, a disease for which no cure exists because they rejected the only cure.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so we are clear, I am against murder, and the eating of sheep:

As am I. Killing animals for food is not murder.

You are clerly deceived per the scripture that I posted and use other scriptures out of context.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Health reformer.

Rom 12:1: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

Bodies (flesh).
Reasonable (mind/heart/spirit).

Salvation is of the whole person. It is literally what it means. D'sozo.

3Jn 1:2: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

You too are deceived per 1 Timothy 4:1-5.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exodus 20:13
You shall not murder.

Now murder is not the same as killing animals for food. Murder applies only to killing people.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Mugre Pinzon

Oct 4, 2019
Fairbanks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND- JUST WHEN YOU KNOW IT CAN'T GET MORE RIDICULOUS!!!!!

It does.

By the way, when God made clothes for Adam and Eve out of animal skins - Gen 3:21 What do you suppose happened to the inside of the animal when it's skin was removed??? (chuckle)

My guess is roasted over an open fire on a spit... yummy!

Reactions: Pearl

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My guess is roasted over an open fire on a spit... yummy!
You think Adam and Eve ate the lamb slain from the foundation of the world before the instructions given to Noah after the flood in Genesis 9?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like you didn't bother to read my reply to this from just a few short posts agoScriptures.

Oh. I read it and dismiss your interpretation.

God allows us to eat meat. That cannot be denied and when you do deny it, you show yourself to be deceived.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. It's that simple.
I see where God gave those temporary instructions to Noah, as allowance, not necessity. I also see why God said He allowed it:

Gen 9:5: "And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man."

To shorten the long life of sinful man.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. I read it and dismiss your interpretation.

God allows us to eat meat. That cannot be denied and when you do deny it, you show yourself to be deceived.
My "interpretation"? No, that is forbidden (Gen. 40:8: 2 Pet. 1:20; Isa. 8:20, etc). I provided what God said.

Look again at 1 Tim. 4 and the words used.

1 Tim. 4:3, "meats" (KJB) isn't based in the word for "flesh" (G2907; kreas), but simply means "food" (G1033; brwma), and the context is that which God specifically "created", see:

Gen 1:29: "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Did you see the (KJB) "meat" referring to fruits, plants, nuts? Like the "meat" of the nut, or "meat" of the artichoke, etc?

Notice the word, "creature" (KJB) which is from G2938, ktisma, which means thing created, like what Genesis 1:29 said.

Even in English the word "creature" just means a created thing:

"creature (n.) c. 1300, "anything created," hence "a thing" in general, animate or not, but most commonly "a living being," from Old French creature "created being; all creation" (Modern French créature), from Late Latin creatura "a thing created; the creation; a creature," from creatus, past participle of Latin creare "to make, bring forth, produce, beget," from PIE root *ker- (2) "to grow."" - creature | Etymology, origin and meaning of creature by etymonline

It refers to the "good" fruits, plants, nuts that God originally created.

Then consider the last part:

1Tim 4:5: "For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

The word of God has to set it aside as "sanctified", which means God, in the word must approve of it. God never approved eating of the unclean, abomination, fat, blood, diseased, died of itself, etc among the flesh. All the prayer in the world for such will not sanctify it:

Prov 28:9: "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

In those animals which God temporarily allowed in Noah's day, God told you it would shorten your life, and later warned in Hosea that animals are more and more diseased because of the sin of mankind. God even provided Jesus, so that no more clean animals need die.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, anecdotes and subjectivism. Do I get to do mine now (you know turn-a-bout and fair play and all that, eh)? I thought we were talking about what scripture, the final authority, in all matters of faith and practice, says.
Why must you be so severe on things? Even if in the superficial black and white you were correct, what would your attitude do to that correctness? Not for me, but for God?

We really, I believe, are supposed to live for God, which means more than memorizing and obeying rules. It did not work for most of those following Moses, and it will not work today. Even at that, not everyone does, or even can, understand what you understand in the way that you do concerning what is written in scripture. Shall they all burn up in the fire because they do not see and do what you do?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "interpretation"? No, that is forbidden (Gen. 40:8: 2 Pet. 1:20; Isa. 8:20, etc). I provided what God said.

Look again a 1 Tim. 4 and the words used.

1 Tim. 4:3, "meats" (KJB) isn't based in the word for "flesh" (G2907; kreas), but simply means "food" (G1033; brwma), and the context is that which God specifically "created", see:

Gen 1:29: "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Did you see the (KJB) "meat" referring to fruits, plants, nuts? Like the "meat" of the nut, or "meat" of the artichoke, etc?

Notice the word, "creature" (KJB) which is from G2938, ktisma, which means thing created, like what Genesis 1:29 said.

Even in English the word "creature" just means a created thing:

"creature (n.) c. 1300, "anything created," hence "a thing" in general, animate or not, but most commonly "a living being," from Old French creature "created being; all creation" (Modern French créature), from Late Latin creatura "a thing created; the creation; a creature," from creatus, past participle of Latin creare "to make, bring forth, produce, beget," from PIE root *ker- (2) "to grow."" - creature | Etymology, origin and meaning of creature by etymonline

It refers to the "good" fruits, plants, nuts that God originally created.

Then consider the last part:

1Tim 4:5: "For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

The word of God has to set it aside as "sanctified", which means God, in the word must approve of it. God never approved eating of the unclean, fat, blood, diseased, died of itself, etc among the flesh. All the prayer in the world for such will not sanctify it:

Prov 28:9: "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

In those animals which God temporarily allowed in Noah's day, God told you it would shorten your life, and later warned in Hosea that animals are more and more diseased because of the sin of mankind. God even provided Jesus, so that no more clean animals need die.

I still reject your post/opinion and whether you want to believe it or not, your interpretation. You are still interpreting them, even if you deny it.

God allows us to eat meat and ate meat Himself. Scripture has been provided to prove that.

As I have said to the other poster. If you don't want to eat meat, don't. I have no issues with that. What I take issue with is you setting a prohibition on meat that isn't in effect and hiding behind God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think I care or do not care about you, your wife, and age and situation? Your answer will answer your question to me.

By God's grace, a Mormon elder I know is currently suffering from advanced stages of Gout, with large tophi on the knuckles of his large toes, about golf ball size with open wounds with stinking uric acid crystal puss draining from them, and he is in tremendous pain in all of his joints (inflammation due to uric acid build up in the system). Do you know what it is from? Meat and dairy eating and alcohol and soda drinking. It is literally killing him. I offered him the only solution as found in God's word. He saw his error of ways as I told him plainly. He is now following what I told him to do. The inflammation is going away in his joints, his urine is clear and the tophi will be shrinking soon. He is able to walk with crutches now, when before he was bed ridden, in tremendous pain, and could hardly get up or stand. A few months if he stays on the same regimen, he will be completely healed.

I also know of type II, diabetic, who has a massive leg ulcer eating her leg like a large shark bite (I have photos I can show you). She refuses to change her diet. She'll never be cured and maybe lose her leg even with topical remedies applied daily. The diet must change to take full effect.
Do you know how much information is in the world? Perhaps you know a larger share of it than most people and particularly than me.

If I know less, how can I be expected to know that your advice is really good advice? What man can be trusted? I do not expect everyone to trust me, but I do hope to gain the trust of some. Do people come to trust us because we are knowledgeable? Is the knowledge that men have more important in their walk with God than their trust in and love for Him?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 10:31: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

Rev 14:7: "Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

Do you know what is coming? I do.
The end of my course is coming. Will I be enduring with Him until then? What more must I know if I am following Him? If I am seeking first His kingdom and His righteous, will He not add anything else that is needed?

Rev 16:9: "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

What is the first plague?

Rev 16:2: "And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

A plague of anti-health. Why?

Hos 4:6: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Context:

Hos 4:3: "Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away."

They reject the great Physician, the balm of Gilead, who will take all their diseases if they let Him:

Deu 7:15: "And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee."

But because they refuse the only cure, they reap what they are sowing, from wind to whirlwind, from a single seed to 30, 60 and 100 fold.

The first plague is coming, a disease for which no cure exists because they rejected the only cure.
You may understand a whole lot of details, but must we all understand what you understand to please God and to endure to the end with Him?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48