why can we eat animals.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus did. And he created them.
He cooked and ate fish with his friends by the shores of the sea of Galilee.
Past, courtyard ministry.

What is Jesus' current example and ministry?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat." Gen 9:3-4
Temporary for situation, and the context reveals it was to shorten lifespan of man so that there would be no longer long-lived sinners as before. That temporary allowance also came with restrictions, "even as".

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Because Jesus did.

Jesus is not a murder:

Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
And he created them.

So, why would you murder your own brothers? Seeing we have the same Father, who out of the same dust made both fishes and men, and gave the same "breath of live" to both the fishes and men.
Gen 9:3-4

This came first:

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And it can't change:

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is not a murder:
People are getting too sentimental about animals these days. It's okay to eat meat.
Jesus was not a vegetarian. The Bible records Jesus eating fish (Luke 24:42-43) and lamb (Luke 22:8-15). Jesus miraculously fed the crowds fish and bread, a strange thing for Him to do if He was a vegetarian (Matthew 14:17-21). In a vision to the apostle Peter, Jesus declared all foods to be clean, including animals (Acts 10:10-15). After the flood in Noah’s time, God gave humanity permission to eat meat (Genesis 9:2-3). God has never rescinded this permission.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see threads like this and I see people say that we aren't supposed to eat meat, when clearly God said that we could and God Himself in the flesh ate meat, gave fish to the multitudes and caused Peter's net to burst from so many fish, all I can think of is this scripture:

1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Clearly, those saying we must abstain from meat are deceived.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not a murder:

Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

So, why would you murder your own brothers? Seeing we have the same Father, who out of the same dust made both fishes and men, and gave the same "breath of live" to both the fishes and men.

This came first:

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And it can't change:

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

So you eat plants? How dare you! Do you really approve of pulling a living thing from the earth, killing it then eating it, often without cooking? How can you be so cruel? You destroy and consume what God has made alive!

Sound ridiculous? No more ridiculous than saying others murder their own brothers by eating fish and animals.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I see threads like this and I see people say that we aren't supposed to eat meat, when clearly God said that we could and God Himself in the flesh ate meat, gave fish to the multitudes and caused Peter's net to burst from so many fish, all I can think of is this scripture:

1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Clearly, those saying we must abstain from meat are deceived.
Well, exactly; this is the passage which came to mind also...

Reactions: Jim B

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Temporary for situation, and the context reveals it was to shorten lifespan of man so that there would be no longer long-lived sinners as before. That temporary allowance also came with restrictions, "even as".
You make that sound like it is wise to circumvent the times which God as shortened for our good. Which is not to say eating healthy and eating less meat is not good--but you seem to be suggesting that He only did what He has done for the foolish to die young.

I would suggest that eating heathy is indeed good, but only to a point, and certainly not to the exclusion of what God has ordained.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not a murder:

This came first:

And it can't change:

Men did change when they chose to follow their own lead instead of God. God has provided the means for men to change to a better way through Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Let us listen to God rather than man. That includes you and it includes me. Consider David and consider Stephen. Avoiding the consumption of hamburgers will not get to the end of our road on the Lord's side. What will?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if the Holy Spirit leading me has not led me to stop eating the flesh of animals, should I follow your lead instead? When did King David put away all of his extra wives?

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
The Bible records Jesus eating fish

It is impossible for Jesus to have sinned, whatsoever Scripture honors Him are True, whatsoever scripture dishonors Him are not Scripture, and not true:

Jeremiah 8:8 How can you say, ‘We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us’? Look, the false pen of the scribe certainly works falsehood.

Peter shows you he didn't eat animals, any animal. The only problem was that he was calling them "unclean".
God gave humanity permission to eat meat

One of the caracteristics of Law, is that Law is immutable. It is impossible for Law to change.

Baruch 4:1 This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die.

Just so we are clear, I am against murder, and the eating of sheep:

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

-Shedding the innocent blood of animals, like sheep, is abomination:

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Sound ridiculous? No more ridiculous than saying others murder their own brothers by eating fish and animals.

The herbs and fruits were not breath into with the breath of life which is the Spirit of the Father. So when I eat a plant, there is no shedding of innocent blood, there is no loss of live, they are not my brothers. On the other hand, when you eat flesh, there was shedding of innocent blood, there was loss of life, the life of your brother of the same Father, which was given the same breath of life as you have, and was made out of the same dust, by the same Hands.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is impossible for Jesus to have sinned, whatsoever Scripture honors Him are True, whatsoever scripture dishonors Him are not Scripture, and not true:

Jeremiah 8:8 How can you say, ‘We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us’? Look, the false pen of the scribe certainly works falsehood.

Peter shows you he didn't eat animals, any animal. The only problem was that he was calling them "unclean".

One of the caracteristics of Law, is that Law is immutable. It is impossible for Law to change.

Baruch 4:1 This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die.

Just so we are clear, I am against murder, and the eating of sheep:

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

-Shedding the innocent blood of animals, like sheep, is abomination:

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

The herbs and fruits were not breath into with the breath of life which is the Spirit of the Father. So when I eat a plant, there is no shedding of innocent blood, there is no loss of live, they are not my brothers. On the other hand, when you eat flesh, there was shedding of innocent blood, there was loss of life, the life of your brother of the same Father, which was given the same breath of life as you have, and was made out of the same dust, by the same Hands.
Okay so perhaps you are vegetarian or vegan. Don't judge those who aren't. Jesus wasn't vegetarian so neither am I and I am not condemned - apart from by people who are sentimental about animals rights.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Jesus wasn't vegetarian

He had to be a vegetarian to perfectly fulfill the Law, because the commandment: "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is not restricted to humans only, that is why bestiality is unlawfull, so likewise the commandment: "Thou shalt not kill", is not restricted to humans only, that is why killing animals is unlawfull.

Also, there is the "shedding of innocent blood" which is highly condemned in Scripture, as wicked and abominable.