why did God make me ugly???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
UglyGuy, have you ever thought of trying to grow a full beard and mustache to help conceal your facial shortcomings? Keep it well-groomed and it can be very handsome.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
You're NOT alone, consider Jesus, Sovereign LORD of the universe. Then do as Job did, when his eyes & ears were open.

Isa 53:1-5 The people reply, "Who would have believed what we now report? Who could have seen the LORD's hand in this?

It was the will of the LORD that his servant grow like a plant taking root in dry ground. He had no dignity or beauty to make us take notice of him. There was nothing attractive about him, nothing that would draw us to him.

We despised him and rejected him; he endured suffering and pain. No one would even look at him--- we ignored him as if he were nothing.

"But he endured the suffering that should have been ours, the pain that we should have borne. All the while we thought that his suffering was punishment sent by God.

But because of our sins he was wounded, beaten because of the evil we did. We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received.

===================​

Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin.

Let us have confidence, then, and approach God's throne, where there is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it. Heb 4:15-16

NB: I noted you said you were in your late 20's but your profile says 35yrs. What's with that. Or are you taking the micky out of others and their faith?

May 14, 2013
First of all beauty is relative to culture to some degree. As to why you look the way you do it is because of biology, more specifically genetics.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
uglyGuy said:
i am so angry at for god creating me 'ugly' that i dont even want to be a christian anymore. how could god do this to one of his own children? is this some sick joke he playing at my expense?I am in my late 20s, single, no dates in years, and i dont get any attention from the opposite sex whatsoever. also, i just found out that i need $15,000 jaw surgery just to fix my overbite, but guess what: my insurance won't cover it!! thanks a lot god! your a real pal!! youre always there when i need you!! (im being sarcastic if you couldnt tell)lately ive been praying everyday that god will just strike me down and end my pathetic life. but i just realized that would be too easy for him - im sure god wants to sit up there enjoy his sick joke of watching this ugly human he made troll through life that he will probably make me live till im 100. i HATE what god did to me. all my friends at church my age are enjoying life, getting married, etc..while i am stuck alone because god made me so ugly that no one wants to be with me. and before you say: 'its not god's fault, you are probably are fat or something'. well im not overweight - i have severe jaw deficiencies that can only be corrected with expensive surgery which i can never afford. but more importantly, god did not stop there, oh no no no. he also made sure to make me with a big deformed nose and gave me severe acne as a child. i guess one deformity wasn't enough for him. i hate god for doing this to me. please please please with me for god to strike me down:pray: :pray: :pray:
Hi!
I myself was born with a cleft palate and I can completely understand the sentiments which you have expressed here.
I never dated or kissed a girl until I was 28. My entire growing up years and adolescence was one complete emotional and social disaster because of my congenital deformity, Later, I could not keep a job for more than a few days because something would happen that would suffocate me with inferiority fears for months at a time. So, I trained myself to be a professional burglar. It allowed me to 'work' alone and at night and paid my rent and food.
I soon became famous for my burglary skills. My fame invited an intense police investigation which included a special operations unit known by the acronym of 'CLEU' (Combined Law Enforcement Unit).
It was later said at court, "Your honor, there isn't a building in this city ... indeed! in this country! .. that this man can't get into."
I was sentenced to several years in the penitentiary. And, yes, I was like Jonah, I too was exceedingly angry with God for the birth deformity.
So, having stated that ... I again say to you that I know exactly what yer saying here.
When I was imprisoned, God began to speak to my heart about how it was that I was born with the cleft palate; (both my identical twin brother and also my son have a cleft palate). And I was able to get myself out of what I called the 'Land of Stolen Spirits' ... that place where everything about you (not just your physical face) is deformed, suffocated and stolen.
The end of the story is that God is indeed good! I conquered many fears and inferiority and found very rewarding management position which had me reporting to the vice-president of an international food company.
Please feel free to Private Message me and I'd be very happy to hear more of your life story and to share some more of my own with you too.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Sin makes you ugly satan has a found a way to confuse people into what looks good and what doesn't. At the end of the day you can usually spot the fake. I can meet a very pretty christian form a clean family who I could make a baby with. Or a badder girl they may look close in terms of physical demensions but the christian girl looks better because she is saving herself.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being less attractive forces one to be extra kind and gracious! Watch the movie called beauty and the beast.

God knows what it takes for each of us in order that we turn to Him! Thank God in advance for your situation! Rejoice in ALL things!

Peace

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Being good looking isn't all it's cracked to be. I get tonnes of attention from the opposite sex so I guess that means I'm good looking try not to let it define me. I have women literally almost ready to kill each other over me it's unbelievable I never encountered such wicked behavior growing up in a house with three brothers. People get extremely jealous I can't even get a job sometimes unless I play games with the female supervisor also including the gay supervisors. I get treated extremely unfairly somedays I work as hard as I can and there is always some pig female trying to control me and get me into bed with her. I got fired from my own dads company because the secretary was having an affair with my uncle and she wanted me. She hassled me all day from 8:30 til 4:30 even turning fellow coworkers against me it made it extremely difficult to focus on work. Eventually they even offered me a new car and some money for sexual intercourse with her gross old fat cheating self. That all occured over a period of four months I could probably write a book on the curse of being attractive. When I do meet someone I like she is so ready for sex that shell start grabbing me before we even know eachothers names the spoiled little she devils bother me all day fight over me all day about marriage and sex and anything under the sun.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Comm.Arnold said:
Being good looking isn't all it's cracked to be. I get tonnes of attention from the opposite sex so I guess that means I'm good looking try not to let it define me. I have women literally almost ready to kill each other over me it's unbelievable I never encountered such wicked behavior growing up in a house with three brothers. People get extremely jealous I can't even get a job sometimes unless I play games with the female supervisor also including the gay supervisors. I get treated extremely unfairly somedays I work as hard as I can and there is always some pig female trying to control me and get me into bed with her. I got fired from my own dads company because the secretary was having an affair with my uncle and she wanted me. She hassled me all day from 8:30 til 4:30 even turning fellow coworkers against me it made it extremely difficult to focus on work. Eventually they even offered me a new car and some money for sexual intercourse with her gross old fat cheating self. That all occured over a period of four months I could probably write a book on the curse of being attractive. When I do meet someone I like she is so ready for sex that shell start grabbing me before we even know eachothers names the spoiled little she devils bother me all day fight over me all day about marriage and sex and anything under the sun.

There are not many of us left, eh! ? :blink:

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Episkopos said:
There are not many of us left, eh! ? :blink:

Not sure what you mean ?

Twice in the past week there was female law enforcement officers actively checking me out from the squad car. It was actually quite frightening I felt like were going to assault me if they didn't get thier way or something not the worst looking ladies but it was something extra going on.

Amrak

May 26, 2013
it's just genetics, not God.
Many hot men have a hard time dating because (even though they're very handsome) don't give off the right signals to a woman. It's all about subliminal microexpressions, gestures, and sending the right signal. You have to feel proud, confident and full of self-esteem, then give off messages of honesty, sincerity, pride, friendly, sociable, funny, and then you'll start to pick up women. you don't have to accept your problem and shrug it off, but give it less thought and know that one day you'll have the money to make things better. I pray for you.

bibleknowledge

May 21, 2013
You are talking so much about your physical appearance. LIfe is not all about being beautiful outside. It is you beauty inside that will matter most in the end when all of mankind come face to face with God for the final judgment. Physical beauty is not the way to the heaven, it is what you keep inside.

Live positively and fulfill your mission in life. Ask God and He will definitely show your purpose. If you know NIck Vujicic, you will clearly understand what I mean that physical deformities are not hindrances to make you fulfill your destiny in life.

I suggest that you pray and etablish closer connection to God and He will be with you and guide you in your journer in life.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
JB_ said:
You're NOT alone, consider Jesus, Sovereign LORD of the universe. Then do as Job did, when his eyes & ears were open.

NB: I noted you said you were in your late 20's but your profile says 35yrs. What's with that. Or are you taking the micky out of others and their faith?
Good post JB. I think he is 35 because the thread is 6 years old.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Ugly?

If you would like to be loved, be loveable. If you would like attention give attention.

You claim to be a Christian. What spiritual gifts where you given for the edification of the church and are you using them.

You can go through life miserable or you can dedicate your life to live as Jesus wants you to live. In John13:31-35 Jesus gave us a new commandment. He said to love one another and by this the world will know that you are my disciples.

Niki

May 28, 2013
Comm.Arnold said:

I'll probably be sorry for making this my first post in the forums (other than greeting everyone at the intro part), but you sound like all you have going for you is your looks.

Frankly, I have always been called beautiful, but I never let it go to my head...in fact, I actually took the time to develop my personality and I am successful on my abilities
rather than my looks, which, in case you have not noticed, tend to fade as a person gets older?

BTW, I have been hit on by many men and yet I have not resorted to calling them names ...such as pig, etc. Ever think of praying for the pigs and the fatsos? I think you
are exaggerating and probably a little enamored of yourself.

Being good looking is not a curse...if you think it is, have your face re-arranged.. then perhaps you will feel blessed.

ps...the most vapid guy I ever went out with, was good looking enough to be a movie star and when I broke up with him, he went around telling everyone I was not his type.

Right.

I married a guy who is cute, not in love with himself, but is talented and capable. I could have married Mr. Movie Star..not interested. It takes more than looks.

Moving on..............

Now I just noticed that this thread has been revived. LOL! Told you I would be sorry....

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'vapid' what a great word

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Niki said:
I'll probably be sorry for making this my first post in the forums (other than greeting everyone at the intro part), but you sound like all you have going for you is your looks.

Frankly, I have always been called beautiful, but I never let it go to my head...in fact, I actually took the time to develop my personality and I am successful on my abilities
rather than my looks, which, in case you have not noticed, tend to fade as a person gets older?

BTW, I have been hit on by many men and yet I have not resorted to calling them names ...such as pig, etc. Ever think of praying for the pigs and the fatsos? I think you
are exaggerating and probably a little enamored of yourself.

Being good looking is not a curse...if you think it is, have your face re-arranged.. then perhaps you will feel blessed.

ps...the most vapid guy I ever went out with, was good looking enough to be a movie star and when I broke up with him, he went around telling everyone I was not his type.

Right.

I married a guy who is cute, not in love with himself, but is talented and capable. I could have married Mr. Movie Star..not interested. It takes more than looks.

Moving on..............

Now I just noticed that this thread has been revived. LOL! Told you I would be sorry...

LOL your mad you married a worse looking guy.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well Jesus was not handsome in appearance at all Isaiah 53:2 yet he was the Son of God who turned our world upside down and drew men who were lost and those without hope back into a personal relationship with his Father, through his blood. Now that is someone that any woman or man would desire to be around forever :wub:

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman [or man] who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Shalom!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is genetics but God chose who your parents were going to be long before got here. Now then, its not how you look. Its who you are and what you do with this life. If you're having a hard time meeting someone then just be patient. You will meet them soon enough. If people are judging based on looks then they can never truly love anyways. God did not make you ugly. You are exactly who he intended you to be!!