Why did the sinless man Jesus also need to be "fully God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Greetings, Buzzfruit ...

From your church's website ...

He suffered and died on the cross for all human sin, was raised bodily on the third day,
and ascended to heaven. Standing in for all humanity before the Father,
Jesus Christ provides the perfect human response to God.
Since he died for all, all died in him, and all will be made alive in him.

That last sentence ... is it for real, or is it an error?
Thanks.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Greetings, Buzzfruit ...

From your church's website ...

He suffered and died on the cross for all human sin, was raised bodily on the third day,
and ascended to heaven. Standing in for all humanity before the Father,
Jesus Christ provides the perfect human response to God.
Since he died for all, all died in him, and all will be made alive in him.

That last sentence ... is it for real, or is it an error?
Thanks.

Nope....since Jesus paid the price for the sin of all, then all have been forgiven. But not everyone believe or act as if they are forgiven, but that does not mean that they are not.

Jesus said when He is lifted up (His crucifixion) He will draw all people to Himself......so all are in Christ, whether they have repented or not......they are a new creation.

John 12:32 (NASB77)
[sup]32 [/sup]"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

We should not regard any one according to the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 (ESV)
[sup]16 [/sup]From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.
[sup]17 [/sup]Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
[sup]18 [/sup]All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
[sup]19 [/sup]that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
[sup]20 [/sup]Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
[sup]21 [/sup]For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Buzzfruit,

Sorry, but you are taking a few verses out of the context of the full NT.
I.E. Your few verses do not line up (agree) with the rest of the NT.

There are dozens of verses saying that one must be a believer in Jesus, in His Father,
and in Jesus' gospel.

And there are dozens of verses saying that these ones must continue on with their faithfulness.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Buzzfruit,

Sorry, but you are taking a few verses out of the context of the full NT.
I.E. Your few verses do not line up (agree) with the rest of the NT.

There are dozens of verses saying that one must be a believer in Jesus, in His Father,
and in Jesus' gospel.

And there are dozens of verses saying that these ones must continue on with their faithfulness.

What verses are you talking about? I showed you what Jesus said. Don't you believe that when Jesus said all (John 12:23) He meant all, or 2 Cor.5:19? The scripture did not say He was recoiling only believers to Himself, it said the world. The world includes all people.

I know that some of the things that I have been saying seems strange to some, but because something is strange or is not taught in Church does not automatically mean it is false. Let the scripture through the Holy Spirit be your guide and not traditions.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
If Jesus was not fully God then how could he die for our sins?

To say that he was not fully God would be heresy.

Ray

Aug 8, 2011
The sinless man Jesus did not become GOD. GOD became the sinless man Jesus

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The fullness of God coming to dwell into someone fully man is to show us an example. Jesus was fully God, and became fully man. And he was perfect!

We, being fully man, must surrender to God and seek that his FULLNESS would dwell in us, so that we would be as him. Nothing of ourselves, but all glory to him for living in us, while we are dead! We can become conformed to Christ, we are fully man, as he became, and need the fulness of God to dwell in us, as it was with him! :)