Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Republican is a person who identifies with a Republican Political Party, which the Party always identifies as RIGHT.

A Democrat is a person who identifies with a Democrat Political Party, which the Party always identifies as LEFT.

A Libertarian is a person who identifies with a Libertarian Political Party, which the Party neither identifies as RIGHT or LEFT.

Pretty well known facts, you seem to not know.
Ah, I now see your line of thinking. Very witty! :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you had to be so condescending with your last statement. I suspect that is just part of your character!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Catholics…

Have a graven image Cross’ with a “supposed” graven image likeness of Jesus hanging on the Cross’?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lie. Not once have I said, I was taught by Protestant men.
So you study Catholic men and repeat what they have taught? You don't! You repeat what Protestant men teach sooooo it's not a lie kiddo.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I now see your line of thinking. Very witty! :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you had to be so condescending with your last statement. I suspect that is just part of your character!

IF you feel an other is superior to you, that is accounted to your own character.

I can not make you feel what you are or are not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you study Catholic men and repeat what they have taught? You don't! You repeat what Protestant men teach sooooo it's not a lie kiddo.

Stop trying to testify FOR ME!

It only takes an ounce of grey matter to figure out, your ears are for LISTENING what others say, and your mouth is for SPEAKING your own words.

Not once have I said Catholic men are my teachers.
Not once have I said Protestant men are my teachers.

Even after Asking, Warning, you Repeating your false testimony over and over, gives way to suspect of your use of your grey matter.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop trying to testify FOR ME!

It only takes an ounce of grey matter to figure out, your ears are for LISTENING what others say, and your mouth is for SPEAKING your own words.

Not once have I said Catholic men are my teachers.
Not once have I said Protestant men are my teachers.

Even after Asking, Warning, you Repeating your false testimony over and over, gives way to suspect of your use of your grey matter.
Protestant defined: a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church

So, are you a Protestant? Do you repeat the teachings of Protestant men or the teachings of Catholic men?

The fact is that you repeat the teaching of Protestant men. ;)

Keeping it real with facts.....Mary:rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF you feel an other is superior to you, that is accounted to your own character.

I can not make you feel what you are or are not.
You always keep me laughing kiddo.

You are condesending.....That makes you feel superior to others....That has nothing to do with my character kiddo.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant defined: a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church

So, are you a Protestant? Do you repeat the teachings of Protestant men or the teachings of Catholic men?

The fact is that you repeat the teaching of Protestant men. ;)

Keeping it real with facts.....Mary:rolleyes:

The FACT is, marymog makes up her own FACTS and desperately tries to PRETEND she has authority to ASSIGN her FACTS to others.

LOL ... carry on marymog, you are simply revealing and verifying your own deceit!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always keep me laughing kiddo.

You are condesending.....That makes you feel superior to others....That has nothing to do with my character kiddo.

LOL....nothing you say or do defines me.
All you say, All you do, is accounted to you!

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not mean He has to offer Himself thousands of times a day.
It was done once. That is all that was needed.

once for all

once bloody on the cross or for all time unbloody

the office of a priest is the offering of sacrifice

Christ is eternal priest who offers an eternal sacrifice

the apostles in the order of melchisedec also are priests who offer his sacrifice as he commanded them

do this in remembrance of me!

mal 1:11

Malachi 1:11
King James Version

11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

pure offering
Clean obligation
Unbloody sacrifice

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....nothing you say or do defines me.
All you say, All you do, is accounted to you!

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.
Galatians 6:3: For if those who are nothing think they are something, they deceive themselves.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The FACT is, marymog makes up her own FACTS and desperately tries to PRETEND she has authority to ASSIGN her FACTS to others.
Nope, Marymog does not make up her own facts. Marymog repeats the authoritative teachings of The Church. Who's teachings due you repeat?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...I don't have it right!! But you are not going to tell me were I got it wrong? I am trying to have a discussion with you. You have rejected me. Let the record show that YOU ended this discussion even though in post #459 you asked me: You certainly do not want any open two-way discussion here...do you?

Keeping it real...Mary
Nothing new here. I would rather not go back over the same ground again without good reason. You do not agree with me and/or do not understand me.

I have explained my position on all of these things in previous discussions with you. Essentially, they have not changed since the last time. You have said nothing in this thread this time, which might change my position on any point...

Reactions: Brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Does it have a full keyboard for the ten fingers of my two hands? If not, I will stay with a desktop or at worst a laptop. I have trouble with cell phones of any kind. I have learned call out on one and to answer one finally. I missed a lot of phone calls until I finally learned to that. To use it for anything else is something I won't try anymore.
it has a virtual keyboard that pops up on the bottom half of the screen, and can be selected, qwerty, other languages, etc, but i think you could also add an extension keyboard if you wanted? typing is a lot quicker with the virtual though

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Marymog repeats the authoritative teachings of The Church
thing is mary, the Church is living stones, and not some organization that wolves have incorporated i think. I think you are as sincere as you can be, but that variance in basically every definition gets frustrating

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has a virtual keyboard that pops up on the bottom half of the screen, and can be selected, qwerty, other languages, etc, but i think you could also add an extension keyboard if you wanted? typing is a lot quicker with the virtual though
Only quicker for me if the keyboard is large enough for my hands and fingers. I was touch-typing on a manual typewriter for long before anyone had personal computers. My hands and fingers are a bit oversized.

I also hate to have to learn new programs if it is not necessary. I am not getting smarter and better even though the systems may be.
Having said all of that you may be right. For the first since we got married back in 1972, we do not have a landline telephone. Our daughter got us a cell phone a few years ago and this year she got us a second one to replace the landline. We had kept the landline out of necessity because for a long time they were unable to monitor my pacemaker on a cell phone. Now that has changed.

The pacemaker company has just sent me a new device for remotely checking my pacemaker without a landline telephone.

Later this week I will use it for the first time. I do not think it is difficult, but I believe someone will be walking me through it the first time. My pacemaker battery is getting low and likely they will let me know about that. My first pacemaker battery lasted from 2004 to 2012. This one is finally approaching its end. Likely the next one will last longer than me...LOL

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Only quicker for me if the keyboard is large enough for my hands and fingers. I was touch-typing on a manual typewriter for long before anyone had personal computers. My hands and fingers are a bit oversized
i gotta say mine arent tiny either, and the virtual buttons seem plenty large enough

I also hate to have to learn new programs if it is not necessary. I am not getting smarter and better even though the systems may be
on the flip side though, learning new stuff is good for your brain eh? And ipads are amazingly intuitive, for the most part

Likely the next one will last longer than me...LOL
well as to that, your online presence might be conglomerated and put into a kind of “book of Amadeus” so you might live longer than you thought :D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i gotta say mine arent tiny either, and the virtual buttons seem plenty large enough
I won't argue that point. I would have to see the keyboard. So far that virtual keyboard has not become a necessity.

on the flip side though, learning new stuff is good for your brain eh? And ipads are amazingly intuitive, for the most part
It is good as long as it is possible. I am already working on things and learning things all of the time at my own pace with my Bibles, my computer, my stamps, my autobiography, my pictures, a little bit on this forum and several other projects that continue seemingly without end. I certainly work slower than I once did so where would I find the time for a new one?

I hate the idea of buying a new computer anymore because of the changes made which have to be understood to continue what I what doing already on the old one. When I bought my current one a few years ago I only discovered after I had it all hooked up that it had no slot for CDs and DVDs like the old one. I bought and external drive to cover me on that. There were other things, some good, and some not so good. Learning them all was the headache.

well as to that, your online presence might be conglomerated and put into a kind of “book of Amadeus” so you might live longer than you thought :D

That is one of my ongoing projects although it does not bear that name. Yes, I may live for many years yet, but I also might die before the sun goes down. My maternal grandmother lived to her 100th birthday. I am not sure I would want to do that, but it is not up to me, is it?

Are we derailing this thread?