Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thing is mary, the Church is living stones, and not some organization ....
Hey bbyrd,

It appears you are referring to 1 Peter 2?

So bbyrd, in vs8 it says; They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. Who's word is being disobeyed bbyrd? If, as your theory goes, The Church is "not some organization" then that means that each individual Christians is The Church. So if I disobey YOUR word, I am stumbling. If you disobey the word of @Taken, you are stumbling. If taken disobeys my word, he is stumbling. If the 3 of us disobey the words of Martin Luther we are all stumbling and then only Luther would be part of the "holy" or "royal priesthood". What is the "spiritual house" (vs5) we to be built into? YOUR spiritual house? Hmmmm.....

Here are a couple of passages from Scripture that destroys your Protestant taught theory. In 1 Timothy 3:15 it says the church as the pillar and foundation of the truth. And in Matthew 18:17 we are to take our differences to The Church so The Church can decide who is wrong and to be treated as a pagan or tax collector. Are you that church bbyrd? Are you the pillar and foundation of truth that is telling me I am wrong and you are calling me a pagan since I am disagreeing with you? And when you disagree with taken does he then have the authority to call you a pagan? Can you see how your theory needs a tiny bit of work for it to be logical and based on Scripture instead of your own personal opinion?

Now I could go on with more passages from Scripture that destroys what your Protestant men have taught you (that The Church is not an organization) but I already know that I have wasted my time teaching you this much about Scripture....so I digress! Your lone wolf Christian (sitting in your basement reading Scripture while eating Dorito's and drinking your soda and the Truth is given to YOU by the Holy Spirit) theory that no one has authority over me is OPPOSITE of what Scripture teaches! ;)

Keeping it real with Scripture and logic.....Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6:3: For if those who are nothing think they are something, they deceive themselves.

Well, I have no problem with MY thinking.
There is this little gnat that attempts to do my thinking AND speaking FOR me...
Have a Scripture for one that thinks and speaks Lies for others?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have explained my position on all of these things ....
Thanks amadeus,

Is your position in line with the teachings of Christ?

You think it is. And there in lies the problem.....YOUR pride in your position on all these things. You think that Scripture allows each individual Christian to have their own position on all of these things that you and I discuss. It doesn't. :rolleyes:

17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers,..... Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders.... Elders, do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.

“God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, Marymog does not make up her own facts. Marymog repeats the authoritative teachings of The Church. Who's teachings due you repeat?

:p Evidence says otherwise.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have no problem with MY thinking.
There is this little gnat that attempts to do my thinking AND speaking FOR me...
Have a Scripture for one that thinks and speaks Lies for others?
Lol...another condescending statement. Calling me a gnat! Once again...your (lack of) character is revealed.

I am attempting to do your thinking? That makes no sense. You think! You write down what you think! And then I respond with what I think......soooo how am I attempting to do your thinking? o_O We are both thinking on our own and then writing down those thoughts......

And how in the world am I speaking for you? I take your words. I Repeat them back to you the way I understand you mean them. You then have the opportunity to correct me if I repeated them back to you wrong. If you choose not to correct me or help me better understand what you are saying then you have stopped speaking for yourself....

Keeping it real...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren’t you in agreement with your Pope and supposed to be wearing a mouth muzzle?
Lovely character you have....lovely! :rolleyes:

I see I have gotten under your skin! I apologize. I will leave you alone so you can have peace.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...another condescending statement. Calling me a gnat! Once again...your (lack of) character is revealed.

A liar says things that are not true.
A gnat is simply a pest.

Which is more to your liking?

I take your words. I Repeat them back to you the way I understand you mean them.

Exactly! You do not respond to the other persons quote, you change a persons words. Duh!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lovely character you have....lovely! :rolleyes:

Thank you.

I see I have gotten under your skin! I apologize. I will leave you alone so you can have peace.

No apologize necessary.
Truly under my skin is already occupied, no vacancy room for you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I hate the idea of buying a new computer anymore because of the changes made which have to be understood to continue what I what doing already on the old one. When I bought my current one a few years ago I only discovered after I had it all hooked up that it had no slot for CDs and DVDs like the old one. I bought and external drive to cover me on that. There were other things, some good, and some not so good. Learning them all was the headache.
oh, thats another thing i forgot--the continuity!
The constant windows updates! yuck! i'm never going back to windows :)

Are we derailing this thread?
ah, prolly? Thats a concept ive never really gotten tbh, sounds like fascism to me! Pls derail my threads to your heart's content, i might even learn something lol

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks amadeus,

Is your position in line with the teachings of Christ?

You think it is. And there in lies the problem.....YOUR pride in your position on all these things. You think that Scripture allows each individual Christian to have their own position on all of these things that you and I discuss. It doesn't. :rolleyes:

17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers,..... Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders.... Elders, do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.

“God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
Give God the glory, sister, for all that I have right. I will take credit and chastisement for anything I may have which is wrong.

Let God be the One to sort it all out and render final judgement!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, thats another thing i forgot--the continuity!
The constant windows updates! yuck! i'm never going back to windows :)

ah, prolly? Thats a concept ive never really gotten tbh, sounds like fascism to me! Pls derail my threads to your heart's content, i might even learn something lol
Well then let us give to God all of the glory which belongs to Him and....

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logically and according to Scripture we "must conform on salvific issues". Right? Isn't that what Jesus and the Apostles taught? :)If we didn't conform to the teachings of the Apostles we won't be saved. Jesus said this about the Apostles: He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despises you despises me; and he that despises me despises him that sent me. So to answer your question: Yes, I am trying to nudge you to eternal salvation.

No! If we don't adhere to what Jesus commanded is required to be saved, we won't be saved.

It is faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus for the full payment of ones sin alone that saves us.

Not faith and good works afterwards (though we are called to good works), not faith and the sacraments, not faith and novenas, communion, praying lots etc.etc.etc. those do not save a person!

Well thank you for finally saying you think me unsaved. Presumptuous again! And now playing God! I know I have eternal life but thanks for caring!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! If we don't adhere to what Jesus commanded is required to be saved, we won't be saved.
Ummmm....Yup Ronald, that is why I said; If we didn't conform to the teachings of the Apostles we won't be saved. What were the teachings of the Apostles Ronald? They were the teachings of Jesus. What did Jesus say about the Apostle Ronald? He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despises you despises me; and he that despises me despises him that sent me. The salvific teachings of Jesus and the Apostles are one in the same.....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm....Yup Ronald, that is why I said; If we didn't conform to the teachings of the Apostles we won't be saved. What were the teachings of the Apostles Ronald? They were the teachings of Jesus. What did Jesus say about the Apostle Ronald? He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despises you despises me; and he that despises me despises him that sent me. The salvific teachings of Jesus and the Apostles are one in the same.....

Yep and it is believe that Jesus came and died to save us! That is salvation!

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is what is needed to be saved!

Other words of Jesus address other issues besides salvation!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus for the full payment of ones sin alone that saves us.

Not faith and good works afterwards (though we are called to good works), not faith and the sacraments, not faith and novenas, communion, praying lots etc.etc.etc. those do not save a person!
So, Ronald. Your men have taught you that all you have to do is have "faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus" and that faith saves you? Hmmmm....I wonder if Scripture agrees with your Protestant teachers:

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Soooo if I don't have works, faith is dead!! :eek:Which means I MUST have works!

Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....... The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Soooo I should come to repentance so I won't perish and if I don't repent I won't receive the Holy Spirit! Isn't repentance a sacrament? :eek:

Baptism doth also now save us. Soooo I have to be baptized to be saved! Isn't baptism a sacrament? :eek:

Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. hmmm..sounds familiar! Water and Spirit? Where have I heard that before??? Oh, yeah. When I got baptized with water I received the gift of the Holy Spirit! Sooo I must be born of water and Spirit to be saved!

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;. Soooo I must also have the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost AND His mercy to be saved! I wonder if "washing of regeneration" means the water baptism I mentioned earlier?

Whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.....that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Sooooo looks like I have to confess before men with my mouth to be saved!!

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. Isn't anointing the sick with oil a sacrament Ronald? And Scripture tells us to fulfil that Sacrament Ronald....:rolleyes:

“This is my body, which is for you;
do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” Oh no Ronald, is this another sacrament that YOU have been taught that is not necessary for salvation!!! YOU don't have to do what he told you to do to be saved?

Now I could go on and on but my fingers are tired of typing....

Keeping it real with Scripture instead of opinions....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give God the glory, sister, for all that I have right. I will take credit and chastisement for anything I may have which is wrong.

Let God be the One to sort it all out and render final judgement!
Amen...

Reactions: amadeus