Why do Catholics…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • The Word as Moses received was equipped to last inerrant for as long as it needed.

The Word the Church received is able to teach it inerrantly, pass it to our Children without corruption. Preach it to thee world and be Guided by God as we follow Jesus until we see Him coming on the clouds. authentic development.
Only Jesus could do that. The Word that comes out of the mouth of God . The full expression of the Word is necessary for the Church to accomplish the mission God expected.
You will need courage to reject what you've learned from men and accept the teaching that comes down from God.

Your long held bible alone tradition is far from sufficient, it is crippling the Church's mission. The Word of God as you understand it, is a rejection of the power in which it was given. Don't repeat the sin of the Jews. Don't continue in their sin. Don't reject the divine power of Christ and stop teaching others that it's the power not Beelzebub.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church. That is the Church of Christ, that HE founded through His apostles.
A community set apart, a people who praise God's Holy name and fulfill Malachi 1:11
The Catholic organization is easily one of the churches that is most distant from the body of Christ, the true church. That's why people had to throw off its murderous grip. I thank God that happened. I really do.

Reactions: Dropship and Jim B

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made yourselves orphans because you reject the authority of God to teach us that Jesus had in mind to parent us .
Since you might be alluding to the scriptures, don't you know that we're not left as orphans because the Holy Spirit was sent to us? That same Holy Spirit that John the Apostles says gives us each, individually, the power to discern who is teaching us the truth and what yo-yo is not. Catholics reject John's teaching. They say the Catholic leadership tells you whether or not what you're hearing is truth or not. And that ONLY they can tell you that. That's exactly how cults operate. You are in a cult.

Reactions: Jim B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic organization is easily one of the churches that is most distant from the body of Christ, the true church

You arent competant to make such a judgement.

Your obstiniate rejection of the Truth flows from your lack of faith..

Welcome to the ignore list..

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you three BIBLICAL reasons for division in the visible church and you ignored every one of them. You are in a cult.
not true.
You divide what God delivered undivided. Your uen you claim to do that for God. You aren't able to refute Catholic teaching and that hasn't happened.
You haven't exposed error l. You make; unsubstantiated claims and accusations you think describe sinful acts that Catholics are unconscious of that doesn't expose error it's N attempt to present convincing t evidence. Truth
Truth exposes error accusations desdcribe acts of sin.

Why are the words of the prophets, the Apostles, and

I've given that a thorough treatment in many recent posts.

That you ask that shows you don't read or understand what you are claiming you have refuted.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you might be alluding to the scriptures, don't you know that we're not left as orphans because the Holy Spirit was sent to us? That same Holy Spirit that John the Apostles says giv
Don't you know that a child accepts the authority of their parents to teach.? The Church has always considered that parent child dynamic operating in the Church. l. That reality is visible in the relationship between the faithful and the Magisterium.

What evidence is there that the Holy Spirit is parenting you?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you know that a child accepts the authority of their parents to teach.? The Church has always considered that parent child dynamic operating in the Church. l. That reality is visible in the relationship between the faithful and the Magisterium.

What evidence is there that the Holy Spirit is parenting you?
You aren't getting it!
It isn't that we don't need teachers.
What believers DON'T need is someone to tell them whether or not what they are being taught is truth or not.
The Holy Spirit does that!

Cults tell their people that they can't know if something is true or not for themselves and that they have to be told if something they hear is true or not. That is exactly what the Catholic church says. The Catholic church is a cult.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given that a thorough treatment in many recent posts.

That you ask that shows you don't read or understand what you are claiming you have refuted.
Keep your posts to 2-4 lines and I'll read it.
I'm not retired or on disability so I don't have time to read long posts. I'll scan them most of the time, but beyond that I simply do not have the time to examine and digest long posts.

It's a valuable discipline to try to express your thoughts in 2-4 lines. Try it. You'll reach more people that way.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't able to refute Catholic teaching and that hasn't happened.
You haven't exposed error
Well, for example, you could just show us where Jesus or the Apostles said the bread and the wine change into Jesus' actual body and blood. You know, of course, it doesn't say that. Your Catholic leadership decided that it must change into that, even though it doesn't say that. Non-Catholics just think the obvious: It's obviously not his actual blood and body so, obviously, he was talking figuratively. Let's be honest here. The non-Catholic understanding is the Biblical view. Catholics ADDED to the words of Jesus to come up with their belief. And true believers have the Holy Spirit to warn them that teaching is FALSE.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreement on some matters (like the deity of the Son) does not require agreement on others (like Purgatory) as a matter of logical consistency. A slate of doctrinal pronouncements trumpeted by Rome can be accepted in part and rejected in part without sacrifice of logic. I am free to accept A, B and C while rejecting X, Y, and Z (particularly if X is the doctrine of papal infallibility when speaking ex cathedra).
You miss the point. The CC got it right about the Trinity, (A,B,C) but has no authority for X,Y,Z. I don't see that as logical.

It is worth emphasizing that Nicaea and Chalcedon were not "Vatican" councils in any sense. (Of the 300-odd bishops attending at Nicaea, I think only four were from the West, including a couple sent by Pope Sylvester.) They were ecumenical or "catholic" in the broader sense, without recognition of Roman primacy.
It's worth emphasizing that it is impossible to hold a council without Roman primacy.
"Divinity or Godhood of Christ" was declared at Nicaea and Chalcedon, while "Church government, the Eucharist, Mary, Purgatory" were not (well, there actually was a pronouncement on Church Government at Nicaea, in Canon #6 -- and it does not support recognition of Rome's world-wide authority).
We've already been over this. There is no indication of Protestantism at Nicae that you are trying to Protestantize.
The Council of Nicea was Catholic

"But wait," a Protestant might respond. "What about Canon 6 of the Council of Nicea? Doesn't that demonstrate there was no papal primacy in the early centuries of the Church?" This claim is always presented in polemical discussions of the Nicene Council.

The PlayersMajor Figures at the First Council of Nicea (A.D. 325) Arius, a popular Alexandrian priest who, under the influence of Lucian of Antioch, denied the divinity of Christ. According to Arius, Jesus was the first "creation" of God, but was not God Himself. This false teaching was rebuked at a local Egyptian synod of bishops, but Arius refused to submit to their correction and was excommunicated. After several appeals, his heretical views were aired, debated and formally condemned by the bishops of the Catholic Church assembled at Nicea.

St. Athanasius, a priest from Alexandria (who would become the bishop in 328) and tireless defender of the Trinity and Catholicism. Along with Bishop Alexander of Alexandria and Bishop Hosius of Cordoba, he stood as Arius' chief and most formidable opponent.

Hosius, Bishop of Cordoba, and presider over the Council. He played a central role in Constantine's conversion, and acted as the Emperor's theological advisor. A vocal opponent of Arius, Hosius represented the Church of Rome, along with two Roman priests.

Vito and VincentiusThe two Roman priests sent by Pope Sylvester (who was too sick to travel) to represent the Church of Rome at the Council of Nicea. They, along with Bishop Hosius, signed the acts of the Council before the other convened bishops did — which was a remarkable thing for mere priests to do, unless they had special authority as legates of the pope.

Read more: https://www.catholicfidelity.com/apologetics-topics/other-religions/protestanism/baptists-at-nicea-by-fr-hugh-barbour-o-praem/

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each of the 200 different interpretations all claim the use THE BIBLE, so which one is correct? Why aren't you getting this???
All you have to do is read the Bible and you'll know who is right! And the Holy Spirit will confirm it. It's very simple. I demonstrated how that works in my post. Simple comprehension and logic tell us who's right. It's not a truth that is hidden from true believers. I'll be happy to walk you through it again if you want.

God put his word out there and provided various teachers among the members of his body, the church, to teach it to his body, and he gave us the Holy Spirit to discern it as truth (or in the case of false teaching to discern it as not truth). It's that last part about personal discernment that you do not understand. Because your leaders didn't teach you that. They suppressed it! They say they're the only one's who know the truth and are the only ones who can discern for you, directly suppressing what the Apostle John said. So you blindly accept what they say, and what they suppress, clearly illustrating what I've been saying is wrong about your church.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each of the 200 different interpretations all claim the use THE BIBLE, so which one is correct? Why aren't you getting this???

Is this supposed to mean something in English: "Each of the 200 different interpretations all claim the use THE BIBLE"?

You follow whatever your priests tell you is "the truth". That is the problem! You follow the teachings of fallible men instead of the pure word of God. Sola scriptura!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have to do is read the Bible and you'll know who is right! And the Holy Spirit will confirm it. It's very simple. I demonstrated how that works in my post. Simple comprehension and logic tell us who's right. It's not a truth that is hidden from true believers. I'll be happy to walk you through it again if you want.

God put his word out there and provided various teachers among the members of his body, the church, to teach it to his body, and he gave us the Holy Spirit to discern it as truth (or in the case of false teaching to discern it as not truth). It's that last part about personal discernment that you do not understand. Because your leaders didn't teach you that. They suppressed it! They say they're the only one's who know the truth and are the only ones who can discern for you, directly suppressing what the Apostle John said. So you blindly accept what they say, and what they suppress, clearly illustrating what I've been saying is wrong about your church.

Great post!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You miss the point. The CC got it right about the Trinity, (A,B,C) but has no authority for X,Y,Z. I don't see that as logical.

It's worth emphasizing that it is impossible to hold a council without Roman primacy. We've already been over this. There is no indication of Protestantism at Nicae that you are trying to Protestantize.
The Council of Nicea was Catholic

The "CC" broadly defined as the entire Christian Church -- whether acknowledging Roman primacy or not (IT IS FANTASY FOR YOU TO PRESUME THAT ALL BISHOPRICS IN THE EAST DID SO) -- did get it right about the Trinity. We agree on that much. But not only is it POSSIBLE to hold a council without Roman primacy -- Nicaea is an example of it ACTUALLY happening. This was Constantine's (and Hosius's) show, not Silverster's.

And I'm not trying to "Protestantize" Nicaea. Protestantism is a later rebellion against the authority of Rome. Nicaea was a response to heresies of the time. Certainly there were some scattered "protests" against Papal authority prior to Nicaea (the Council of Carthage comes to mind) but that isn't what we now know as Protestantism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is twelve good enough for you, lol?
Mpses DIDN'T teach twelve differett sets of doctrines.
Hr taught ALL TWELVE Trives to abide by the ONE Law.

Luther was NOTHING like Moses.
By ois own admission, he opened a Pandora's Box of confusion . . .

"There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads; this one will not admit baptism; that one rejects the Sacrament of the altar; another places another world between the present one and the day of judgment; some teach that Jesus Christ is not God. There is not an individual, however clownish he may be, who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams." - Martin Luther, Christians at Antwerp, 1525