Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MS said Mary is a sinner
Per lk 1:47

first you are saying Christ is a sinner!

a bad tree (sinner) cannot bear good fruit (our savior or our salvation)

second Christ is your savior not only cos He forgives past sins but also cos preserves us from future sins by his grace and the Holy Spirit

that’s all we’re are saying is that God in virtue of the merits of Christ preserved Mary from sin so her son is her savior!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he didn't, he was always there from the beginning not through Mary we cannot agree with that.

And as Christians who aren't catholic we honour and respect her as the Mother of Jesus our Saviour.

But anything beyond that is heresy.

Good I'm glad we can agree on that. There would be something very wrong if you did have an argument with it.

Jn 1:1 the word was made flesh
God became man
God came to us thru Mary! Yes

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MS said Mary is a sinner
Per lk 1:47

a bad tree (sinner) cannot bear good fruit (our savior or our salvation)

second Christ is your savior not only cos He forgives past sins but also cos preserves us from future sins by his grace and the Holy Spirit

that’s all we’re are saying is that God in virtue of the merits of Christ preserved Mary from sin so her son is her savior!

There is nothing in the Bible that says that God preserved Mary from sin. Nothing! She was a sinner, just like every other human who was born except Jesus.

Luke 1:46-48a, "And Mary said,

“My soul exalts the Lord,
and my spirit has begun to rejoice in God my Savior,
because he has looked upon the humble state of his servant."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in the Bible that says that God preserved Mary from sin. Nothing! She was a sinner, just like every other human who was born except Jesus.

Luke 1:46-48a, "And Mary said,

“My soul exalts the Lord,
and my spirit has begun to rejoice in God my Savior,
because he has looked upon the humble state of his servant."

then Christ must be a sinner!

a bad tree (sinner) CANNOT bear good fruit (our salvation)
Jesus Christ is our salvation in His person Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

Jesus is our savior! Matt 1:21
Jn 1:29
Mary CANNOT be a sinner!

Jesus is the treasure!
Mary is the field!

He was found in her!

Matt 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I STRONGLY OBJECT TO YOUR STATEMENT AND WILL REPORT YOU IMMEDIATELY FOR DOING SO IF YOU DO NOT HIT YOUR EDIT BUTTON!.

I absolutely do not belive nor have I ever thought Christ was a sinner! You are so out of line for implying I did believe that distorted statement which is an outright lie!

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had me really concerned.
You are good! But look at these verses. They may change your mind about God thru Mary.

Phl 2:5...Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Phl 2:6...who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Phl 2:7...but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Phl 2:8...And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.
Phl 2:9...Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,
Phl 2:10...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are good! But look at these verses. They may change your mind about God thru Mary.

Phl 2:5...Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Phl 2:6...who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Phl 2:7...but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Phl 2:8...And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.
Phl 2:9...Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,
Phl 2:10...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

What are you trying to say?

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now here is a thought! In Phl 2:7 above, it says that "Jesus took the form of a servant." Now Mary also said that she was a "servant/handmaiden". That makes both Jesus and Mary "servants".
Yet, the RCC makes Mary the "spouse of the Holy Spirit." That elevate Mary above Jesus am I right?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now here is a thought! In Phl 2:7 above, it says that "Jesus took the form of a servant." Now Mary also said that she was a "servant/handmaiden". That makes both Jesus and Mary "servants".
Yet, the RCC makes Mary the "spouse of the Holy Spirit." That elevate Mary above Jesus am I right?

There is nothing in the Bible that says anything about Mary being the spouse of the Holy Spirit. That is just more RCC fiction that makes Mary into someone/something that she clearly wasn't. She was Joseph's spouse. Period.

Reactions: Moriah's Song

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I STRONGLY OBJECT TO YOUR STATEMENT AND WILL REPORT YOU IMMEDIATELY FOR DOING SO IF YOU DO NOT HIT YOUR EDIT BUTTON!.

I absolutely do not belive nor have I ever thought Christ was a sinner! You are so out of line for implying I did believe that distorted statement which is an outright lie!

It is a necessary conclusion:

a bad tree cannot bear good fruit

therefore christ cannot be good

that’s what you are saying in effect

I know you don’t realize it or have any bad intentions

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in the Bible that says anything about Mary being the spouse of the Holy Spirit. That is just more RCC fiction that makes Mary into someone/something that she clearly wasn't. She was Joseph's spouse. Period.

I did not say it was defined doctrine

The Holy Spirit is “uncreated Advocate” and Mary is “created Advocate.” Advocacy for the Church is their common cause. Since Mary is full of grace and full of the Holy Spirit, her will, prayers, and advocacy mirror that of the Holy Spirit.

but the divine mother is divine

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In effect”

or “as a result”

or a “logical conclusion”

If someone (not Moriah Song) said the church teaches error then the logical conclusion would be: Christ teaches error. Why?

cos Christ and the church are one.
What the church teaches Christ teaches
Lk 10:16 acts 9:4 eph 5:32

So don’t say Mary is a sinner cos the logical conclusion is that Jesus must also be a sinner!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

I’m not accusing you of this or saying that you would believe it but that’s a logical conclusion to have. Sorry Moriah Song for the misunderstanding