Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT WAS NOT A NECESSAY CONCLUSION TO SAY THAT "I BELIEVE JESUS WAS A SINNER! YOU ARE BEYOND OUT OF LINE JUST LIKE YOU TWIST MOST OF WHAT YOU POST HERE!

not you personally no!

I don’t think so little of you, on the contrary I respect you and give thanks for your faith in christ

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect you and give thanks for your faith in christ
I DO NOT RESPECT YOUR TWISTING MY COMMENTS AND THEN ADD AN ELEMENT TO WHAT I SAID THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH "A TREE"!

I'LL ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY ONLY AFTER YOU FIX IT! AND IT WAS NOT A SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDING. YOU KNEW YOU WERE TWISTING MY STATEMENT.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DO NOT RESPECT YOUR TWISTING MY COMMENTS AND THEN ADD AN ELEMENT TO WHAT I SAID THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH "A TREE"!

I'LL ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY ONLY AFTER YOU FIX IT! AND IT WAS NOT A SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDING. YOU KNEW YOU WERE TWISTING MY STATEMENT.

not twisting just drawing natural conclusion

is Jesus your savior?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are not here to discuss either my salvation or yours! This thread is about the RCC's worship of idols and the false deification of Mary.
I wouldn't be too tough on Catholics for idolizing Mary and their pinning their hopes on her. A far greater majority of Christians idolize themselves... As the scriptures say, lovers of themselves more than lovers of God. And in America, I see Christians pinning their materialistic selfish hopes on a "conservative" president. Is that idolatry? Are the cheers for him at his rallies less enthusiastic than the Catholics' cheers for the Pope when he visits?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not here to discuss either my salvation or yours! This thread is about the RCC's worship of idols and the false deification of Mary.

I was making a point

we say Christ is our savior
Why
Cos he forgave our sins right?
But he also saves or preserves us from sin
That’s all
He preserved his mother from sin

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we can’t change a biblical principle

if you say Mary is a sinner then you are saying Christ is also weather you intend to say so or not!

so Mary is not a sinner!

she found out salvation lk 1:30
She consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't be too tough on Catholics for idolizing Mary and their pinning their hopes on her. A far greater majority of Christians idolize themselves... As the scriptures say, lovers of themselves more than lovers of God. And in America, I see Christians pinning their materialistic selfish hopes on a "conservative" president. Is that idolatry? Are the cheers for him at his rallies less enthusiastic than the Catholics' cheers for the Pope when he visits?

no idolatry

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
she conceived by the Holy Spirit

spiritual marrige

Again , that's pagan , I really feel you all do Mary dis-service

The pagan system of sun worship had three main aspects: the father, mother, and the son. In ancient Chaldean times, these were the god Bel or Merodach, Ninus the son who was also worshiped as Tammuz, and the female goddess Rhea who was also worshiped as Ishtar, Astarte, or Beltis. She was also referred to as the “queen of heaven,” and the “wrath subduer.” Mary has received these same names in Catholicism.

Mother and child worship was the basis of the ancient religions. In the various religions of the world, the same system of worship was perpetuated under different names. In Egypt , the mother and child were worshiped as Isis and Osiris or Horus, in India as Isi and Iswara, in China and Japan as the mother goddess Shing-moo with child, in Greece as Ceres or Irene and Plutus, in Rome as Fortuna and Jupitor-puer, or Venus and Adurnis, and in Scandinavia as Frigga and Balder. The mother and child were worshiped in Babylon as Ishtar and Tammuz, and in Phoenicia, as Ashtoreth and Baal. Moreover, the child was worshiped as both husband and son of the mother goddess.

Nimrod and his wife Semiramus. Nimrod (the great-grandson of Noah) rebelled against God, like his father Cush. Eventually Nimrod was put to death for his evil deeds, and according to the ancient patriarchal system, parts of his body were sent to various cities as a warning.

His wife Semiramus fled, but spread the rumour that he had ascended to heaven, where he had become one with the sun. When Semiramus later gave birth to a son, she claimed that it was the reincarnation of her deified husband, and that he had returned to save the human race.

She was later deified as the mother of the sun god, and it was supposed she had ascended into heaven as the queen of heaven. In the various cultures throughout history and around the world, the same basic deities have been worshipped under different names.

Read about Mary, the mother of the true Saviour, and how paganism has twisted the truth about her identity

You all lean more to the pagan teachings than that of scripture

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't be too tough on Catholics for idolizing Mary and their pinning their hopes on her.
Scripture forbids idol worship of stone because it denies the "true God" - all others are "gods."

Deu 13:3..."you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture forbids idol worship of stone because it denies the "true God" - all others are "gods."

Deu 13:3..."you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
Idolatry isn't just about stone statues. Whatever you place above God in importance, priority, or affection and attention, become an idol.
Sport and/or players.
Music and/or "stars'.
Earthly kingdoms and politics above the kingdom of God. The list is endless.
KJV Mark 12:30
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone (not Moriah Song) said the church teaches error then the logical conclusion would be: Christ teaches error. Why?

cos Christ and the church are one.
What the church teaches Christ teaches
Lk 10:16 acts 9:4 eph 5:32

So don’t say Mary is a sinner cos the logical conclusion is that Jesus must also be a sinner!
Your so-called "illogical conclusions" are the reason you come up with such ludicrous conclusions that you do and it is what makes your post irrational at best.

When a "church" teaches error, such as the RCC does with their multitude of traditions, it is the pastor himself who is responsible for the falsehood; not the parishioners who disagree with what is being taught. Each and every one of us have an individual responsiblity to ensure that our beliefs agree with the Bible; not what a denomination teaches us.

But to say that if I say something that is in error, I am saying that Christ teaches error! That is absolutely absurd!

None of these that you posted says that if a person teaches error so does Christ! Unbelievable!
Luk 10:16..."He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Act 9:4...And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Eph 5:32...This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;​

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry isn't just about stone statues. Whatever you place above God in importance, priority, or affection and attention, become an idol.
Sport and/or players.
Music and/or "stars'.
Earthly kingdoms and politics above the kingdom of God. The list is endless.
KJV Mark 12:30
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
I don't think we are too far off in our thinking about what you wrote. However, I do believe that kneeling down and kissing the feet of a stone statue, or kissing the ring of the pope or praying to Mary and other saints are far more serious than being an avid sports fan, listening to music that is not worthy of a Christian, or collecting vintage cars are in the same catagory as worshiping idols or putting "church traditions" over scripture.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's because of Mary's virtues, faith, and obedience that Jesus, God incarnate, our Savior, was delivered unto us on Earth.
I don't have a major issue with what you wrote oveall but I do sense that you seem to have an above average degree of adoration of Mary where you said that it was because of "Mary's virtues that Jesus was delivered to earth."

It was not "because of Mary's virtues" that Jesus was delivered to earth. It was because of the "promised seed" in Genesis 3:15 that a savior would at a specific time, day and hour that the Savior of our souls would come to earth in the form of a human child through "a servant/handmaid" of the Lord and by the Holy Spirit who would impute a "seed" in her womb.

I would also add that when Elizabeth heard the sound of Mary the baby in Elizabeth's womb jumped for joy that there was a lot of extra, unusual signs, events and expectations at that time going on in Jerusalem. These things that were going on then do not go on today. This was a time that was prophesied in the OT and there needed to be these unusual sign occurances that said basically.."Yes the Day of Salvation is at hand!" and these signs are to confirm it. Even John the Baptist was prophesied as were others from the OT but they were not posessed with special "virtues"...they wre used as "vessels" to confirm that "changes" were taking place and God's plan for a new age was taking place.

Last edited: