Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred womb of Mary!

Isa 7:14 Theotokos the “God bearer”!

Sacred womb!
Blessed fruit of her womb!

Matt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

A sinner cannot have a sacred womb and be blessed and have a blessed fruit of her womb!

Only a good tree, a holy & immaculate tree can bear the good fruit who is God and our redemption and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful!

I did not say it was cos she is God!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Is Paul Divine?

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One day, when the time comes to meet with Jesus face to face too many people are going to be turned away because they preferred Mary to her Son. And preferred the Catholic teaching to that of Jesus. So many people over countless generations led astray from the truth by Catholic doctrines rammed into their heads from birth. So, so sad. And unecessary if they would only listen.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day, when the time comes to meet with Jesus face to face too many people are going to be turned away because they preferred Mary to her Son. And preferred the Catholic teaching to that of Jesus. So many people over countless generations led astray from the truth by Catholic doctrines rammed into their heads from birth. So, so sad. And necessary if they would only listen.
AMEN to that Pearl! I couln't have said it better than that!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again , that's pagan , I really feel you all do Mary dis-service

The pagan system of sun worship had three main aspects: the father, mother, and the son. In ancient Chaldean times, these were the god Bel or Merodach, Ninus the son who was also worshiped as Tammuz, and the female goddess Rhea who was also worshiped as Ishtar, Astarte, or Beltis. She was also referred to as the “queen of heaven,” and the “wrath subduer.” Mary has received these same names in Catholicism.

Mother and child worship was the basis of the ancient religions. In the various religions of the world, the same system of worship was perpetuated under different names. In Egypt , the mother and child were worshiped as Isis and Osiris or Horus, in India as Isi and Iswara, in China and Japan as the mother goddess Shing-moo with child, in Greece as Ceres or Irene and Plutus, in Rome as Fortuna and Jupitor-puer, or Venus and Adurnis, and in Scandinavia as Frigga and Balder. The mother and child were worshiped in Babylon as Ishtar and Tammuz, and in Phoenicia, as Ashtoreth and Baal. Moreover, the child was worshiped as both husband and son of the mother goddess.

Nimrod and his wife Semiramus. Nimrod (the great-grandson of Noah) rebelled against God, like his father Cush. Eventually Nimrod was put to death for his evil deeds, and according to the ancient patriarchal system, parts of his body were sent to various cities as a warning.

His wife Semiramus fled, but spread the rumour that he had ascended to heaven, where he had become one with the sun. When Semiramus later gave birth to a son, she claimed that it was the reincarnation of her deified husband, and that he had returned to save the human race.

She was later deified as the mother of the sun god, and it was supposed she had ascended into heaven as the queen of heaven. In the various cultures throughout history and around the world, the same basic deities have been worshipped under different names.

Read about Mary, the mother of the true Saviour, and how paganism has twisted the truth about her identity

You all lean more to the pagan teachings than that of scripture

only God may be worshipped
Mary is not God

the fact that there were pagan practices and a false queen of heaven or a false messiah or false prophets does NOT disprove the real prophets or the real messiah or the real queen of heaven!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

So Mary CANNOT be a sinner or a bad tree!

Sacred womb of Mary!

Isa 7:14 Theotokos the “God bearer”!

Sacred womb!
Blessed fruit of her womb!

Matt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

A sinner cannot have a sacred womb and be blessed and have a blessed fruit of her womb!

Only a good tree, a holy & immaculate tree can bear the good fruit who is God and our redemption and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your so-called "illogical conclusions" are the reason you come up with such ludicrous conclusions that you do and it is what makes your post irrational at best.

When a "church" teaches error, such as the RCC does with their multitude of traditions, it is the pastor himself who is responsible for the falsehood; not the parishioners who disagree with what is being taught. Each and every one of us have an individual responsiblity to ensure that our beliefs agree with the Bible; not what a denomination teaches us.

But to say that if I say something that is in error, I am saying that Christ teaches error! That is absolutely absurd!

None of these that you posted says that if a person teaches error so does Christ! Unbelievable!
Luk 10:16..."He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Act 9:4...And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Eph 5:32...This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;​

fundamentalist blindness
Like saul who thought he was acting righteous and doing God’s will was actually blind with thick black fundamentalist scales covering his eyes!

see how much we need the blinding light of Jesus Christ the truth Himself! Jn 14:6

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your so-called "illogical conclusions" are the reason you come up with such ludicrous conclusions that you do and it is what makes your post irrational at best.

When a "church" teaches error, such as the RCC does with their multitude of traditions, it is the pastor himself who is responsible for the falsehood; not the parishioners who disagree with what is being taught. Each and every one of us have an individual responsiblity to ensure that our beliefs agree with the Bible; not what a denomination teaches us.

But to say that if I say something that is in error, I am saying that Christ teaches error! That is absolutely absurd!

None of these that you posted says that if a person teaches error so does Christ! Unbelievable!
Luk 10:16..."He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Act 9:4...And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Eph 5:32...This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;​

then I must assume you really don’t believe these verses of God’s word?

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only after the cross - not before.

hi pearl how are you?

Lk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible!

all the graces received by the saints of the old law were before the cross

but they were all in virtue of the cross or thru the merits of His passion blood and death

God is eternal and not bound by the constraints of time!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day, when the time comes to meet with Jesus face to face too many people are going to be turned away because they preferred Mary to her Son. And preferred the Catholic teaching to that of Jesus. So many people over countless generations led astray from the truth by Catholic doctrines rammed into their heads from birth. So, so sad. And necessary if they would only listen.

Not sure what your meaning is

preferred?

Jesus is God!
Jesus is savior!
Jesus is the rock of ages and it salvation!

mary is not!

Mary was the means God used to bring our salvation
She always points to Her say and always says “do whatever He tells you”! Jn 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

she is our advocate!
Mother of divine grace!
Heb 4:16
Mary help of Christian’s

The Holy Spirit is “uncreated Advocate” and Mary is “created Advocate.” Advocacy for the Church is their common cause. Since Mary is full of grace and full of the Holy Spirit, her will, prayers, and advocacy mirror that of the Holy Spirit.

that don’t make her God!

examples

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what your meaning is

preferred?
I know Catholics who will talk about Mary but not Jesus and I believe that this is quite widespread in the Catholic church. You may not prefer Mary but so many actually do as they learn more about her than her son.
I have a Catholic niece that prays to Mary and hears from her dead mother and father who she also prays to. She does not pray to Jesus and is embarrassed to talk about him.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a Catholic niece that prays to Mary and hears from her dead mother and father who she also prays to. She does not pray to Jesus and is embarrassed to talk about him.
I can feel your pain Pearl! It is so hard to watch a loved one bearing their soul to dead people who cannot hear or respond. We know it cannot be Jesus she talks to.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can feel your pain Pearl! It is so hard to watch a loved one bearing their soul to dead people who cannot hear or respond. We know it cannot be Jesus she talks to.
A couple of years ago she spent Christmas with us and at the end of the evening was in tears as she told us about how she felt her life was falling apart. We told her about our faith in Jesus and my husband told her that she should pray to Jesus - not Mary or anybody else - and we gave her a bible and a copy of 'Journey Into Life', which is the little booklet that started us on our walk with Jesus. A couple of weeks later she wanted to come to church with me - I go to a non denominational church - and we went once more and then it was lockdown and I've only seen her once since then but my hope is that there was a seed planted in her that will eventually grow and flourish. She is called Donna, if anybody would like to join me in praying for her.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is called Donna, if anybody would like to join me in praying for her.
I will definitley keep her in my prayers! Can't you get in touch with her? Last name and town? PM me...

This virus changed our church so much! We used to give hugs; now we are afraid to. Funerals now are just for family members.

I fully believe we are in the end times...the very last days of this age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A couple of years ago she spent Christmas with us and at the end of the evening was in tears as she told us about how she felt her life was falling apart. We told her about our faith in Jesus and my husband told her that she should pray to Jesus - not Mary or anybody else - and we gave her a bible and a copy of 'Journey Into Life', which is the little booklet that started us on our walk with Jesus. A couple of weeks later she wanted to come to church with me - I go to a non denominational church - and we went once more and then it was lockdown and I've only seen her once since then but my hope is that there was a seed planted in her that will eventually grow and flourish. She is called Donna, if anybody would like to join me in praying for her.
May Donna be blessed for eternity by the message of Christ in the Scriptures!