Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tradition isn't a dirty word after all.
The APOSTOLIC traditions the apostles used in no way come close to the "FALSE traditions" of the Roman Catholic church WHATSOEVER! The apostles "traditions" that are being referring to has not been explained by them as far as my research has been thus far. Therefore, the "traditions of the RCC" remain heretical and detrimental to the truth of God's word. The RCC's "traditions" can be compared to the Jews demands of the people such rediculous rules like to "walk not more than 20 steps on the Sabbath"

But anyway, in regards to the 3 that the RCC tends to use this is really what those verses say:

1 Corinthians 11:2
"I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you."

When Paul tells the Corinthians to hold to the traditions that he delivered to them, there is no mention whatsoever, about any “sacred tradition.” There is no mention about traditions for future new-to-be-revealed doctrines. Instead, they are the traditions “delivered” in the past and, from the context, it appears that Paul is either referring to avoiding idolatry or he is restating the tradition concerning head-coverings, authority, and prayer. If the Roman Catholic Church wants to deny that these options are contextually relevant, then please tell us what the word of God is “really” saying? And if it does, is 1 Corinthians 11:2 infallibly interpreted by the Roman Catholic Church?

There is no mention whatsoever of any so-called “sacred tradition” that the Roman Catholic Church is supported by 1 Corinthians 11:2. It just isn’t there.​

So, 1 Corinthians 11:2 Doesn't Support Catholic Tradition at all.​

2 Thessalonians 2:15
"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter."

The Tradition being spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:15 is the teaching about the second coming of Christ. There is nothing in the text about continuing tradition or oral tradition being passed down from one person to another for 2,000 years. For the Roman Catholic church to lift the issue of tradition out of its context and apply it to its own “Sacred Tradition” is a clear violation of what the verse is saying.​

Therefore, 2 Thessalonians 2:15 does not support Roman Catholic Traditions in any way!​

2 Thessalonians 3:6
"Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us."

The context shows us that the tradition Paul is speaking of is the tradition of working hard and not being idle. This admonition is presumably related to what he wrote about in the preceding chapter (chapter 2) regarding the false teaching that Jesus had already returned. People had probably decided to give up their livelihoods and stop working. Paul warns them not to do that. Instead, they are to keep the traditions that they have been taught; namely, to work hard and not be idle.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 has nothing to do with the “Sacred Tradition” claimed by the Roman Catholic Church. It is about not being idle and failing to work. But that hasn’t stopped the Roman Catholic church from reading into the scripture the idea that “tradition” means apostolic pronouncements that were orally deposited to the Roman Catholic Church which then releases them over time. They should stick with what the text actually says, and not what it does not.

Lastly, 2 Thessalonians 3:6 does not support Roman Catholic Traditions either​

There is a list of all 13 uses of "tradition" in the NT that I will post separately.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verses with the word "traditions" in Scripture - the good uses along with the bad uses:
  1. Matt. 15:2, “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
  2. Matt. 15:3, “And He answered and said to them,“And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?”
  3. Matt. 15:6, “he is not to honor his father or his mother.’ And thus you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
  4. Mark 7:3, “For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the traditions of the elders.”
  5. Mark 7:5, “And the Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, ‘Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat their bread with impure hands?'”
  6. Mark 7:8, “Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”
  7. Mark 7:9, “He was also saying to them, “You nicely set aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.”
  8. Mark 7:13, “thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”
  9. 1 Cor. 11:2, “Now I praise you because you remember me in everything, and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you.”
  10. Gal. 1:14, ” and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.”
  11. Col. 2:8, “See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.”
  12. 2 Thess 2:15, “so then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.”
  13. 2 Thess. 3:6, “Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep aloof from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.”

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The APOSTOLIC traditions the apostles used in no way come close to the "FALSE traditions" of the Roman Catholic church WHATSOEVER! The apostles "traditions" that are being referring to has not been explained by them as far as my research has been thus far. Therefore, the "traditions of the RCC" remain heretical and detrimental to the truth of God's word. The RCC's "traditions" can be compared to the Jews demands of the people such rediculous rules like to "walk not more than 20 steps on the Sabbath"

But anyway, in regards to the 3 that the RCC tends to use this is really what those verses say:

1 Corinthians 11:2
"I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you."

When Paul tells the Corinthians to hold to the traditions that he delivered to them, there is no mention whatsoever, about any “sacred tradition.” There is no mention about traditions for future new-to-be-revealed doctrines. Instead, they are the traditions “delivered” in the past and, from the context, it appears that Paul is either referring to avoiding idolatry or he is restating the tradition concerning head-coverings, authority, and prayer. If the Roman Catholic Church wants to deny that these options are contextually relevant, then please tell us what the word of God is “really” saying? And if it does, is 1 Corinthians 11:2 infallibly interpreted by the Roman Catholic Church?

There is no mention whatsoever of any so-called “sacred tradition” that the Roman Catholic Church is supported by 1 Corinthians 11:2. It just isn’t there.​

So, 1 Corinthians 11:2 Doesn't Support Catholic Tradition at all.​
Paul delivered them, he didn't read them.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter."

The Tradition being spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:15 is the teaching about the second coming of Christ. There is nothing in the text about continuing tradition or oral tradition being passed down from one person to another for 2,000 years. For the Roman Catholic church to lift the issue of tradition out of its context and apply it to its own “Sacred Tradition” is a clear violation of what the verse is saying.​

Therefore, 2 Thessalonians 2:15 does not support Roman Catholic Traditions in any way!​
What part of by word of mouth don't you understand???

2 Thessalonians 3:6
"Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us."

The context shows us that the tradition Paul is speaking of is the tradition of working hard and not being idle. This admonition is presumably related to what he wrote about in the preceding chapter (chapter 2) regarding the false teaching that Jesus had already returned. People had probably decided to give up their livelihoods and stop working. Paul warns them not to do that. Instead, they are to keep the traditions that they have been taught; namely, to work hard and not be idle.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 has nothing to do with the “Sacred Tradition” claimed by the Roman Catholic Church. It is about not being idle and failing to work. But that hasn’t stopped the Roman Catholic church from reading into the scripture the idea that “tradition” means apostolic pronouncements that were orally deposited to the Roman Catholic Church which then releases them over time.​
Sorry, that is your invented definition of tradition.
They should stick with what the text actually says, and not what it does not.
According to whom? John Calvin? Which of the 40,000 denominations sticks with what the text actually says? The main reason I reject sola scriptura is because it has failed miserably.​
Lastly, 2 Thessalonians 3:6 does not support Roman Catholic Traditions either​

There is a list of all 13 uses of "tradition" in the NT that I will post separately.

the tradition that you received from us." Not read from us. You build a straw man fallacy by changing the meaning of tradition. The reason YOU changed the topic is because you couldn't prove that Mary was not a queen.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul delivered them, he didn't read them.
What part of by word of mouth don't you understand???
Sorry, that is your invented definition of tradition.
the tradition that you received from us." Not read from us. You build a straw man fallacy by changing the meaning of tradition. The reason YOU changed the topic is because you couldn't prove that Mary was not a queen.

By denying the truths spoken by the apostles in God's Holy inspired and infallible Word, your 4 comments indicate that you prefer the "man-made' FALLIBLE "traditions" of the Roman Catholic church to scripture. Your feeble attempt to ignore Paul's warnings sticks out like a sore thumb at best.

As far as Mary being "queen of heaven" goes, it is you that cannot provide even one verse that hints that she is "queen of heaven."

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verses with the word "traditions" in Scripture - the good uses along with the bad uses:
  1. Matt. 15:2, “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
  2. Matt. 15:3, “And He answered and said to them,“And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?”
  3. Matt. 15:6, “he is not to honor his father or his mother.’ And thus you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
  4. Mark 7:3, “For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the traditions of the elders.”
  5. Mark 7:5, “And the Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, ‘Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat their bread with impure hands?'”
  6. Mark 7:8, “Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”
  7. Mark 7:9, “He was also saying to them, “You nicely set aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.”
  8. Mark 7:13, “thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”
  9. 1 Cor. 11:2, “Now I praise you because you remember me in everything, and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you.”
  10. Gal. 1:14, ” and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.”
  11. Col. 2:8, “See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.”
  12. 2 Thess 2:15, “so then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.”
  13. 2 Thess. 3:6, “Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep aloof from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.”
How can we know which traditions are apostolic and which are merely human? The answer is the same as how we know which scriptures are apostolic and which are merely human—by listening to the magisterium or teaching authority of Christ’s Church. Without the Catholic Church’s teaching authority, we would not know with certainty which purported books of Scripture are authentic. If the Church revealed to us the canon of Scripture, it can also reveal to us the “canon of Tradition” by establishing which traditions have been passed down from the apostles. After all, the New Testament itself declares the Church to be “the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Tim. 3:15).
Scripture and Tradition

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
TEST QUESTIONS

Matthew 15:2-4

1) Which one of the following is incorrect, in the light of the above verses?

A) Jesus condemns human traditions that void God's word.
B) Jesus condemns all human traditions.
C) Jesus condemns the Pharisees for inventing false traditions that transgressed the Commandments.
D) A) & C)

2) Which of the following oral traditions that the Apostles taught are not found in the Old Testament?

A) Matthew 2:23 And he went and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazarene."
B) Matthew 23:2 "The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat;
3 so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice.
C) 1Cor.10:4 and all drank the same supernatural drink. For they drank from the supernatural Rock which followed them, and the Rock was Christ.
D) All of the above.

3) Which of the following are oral traditions that the Apostles taught that are found in the Gospels or the Old Testament?

A) Acts 20:35 In all things I have shown you that by so toiling one must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, `It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
B) Eph.5:14 Therefore it is said, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead,
and Christ shall give you light."
C) Hebrews 11:32 And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets – 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword; they went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, ill-treated --
D) Jude 14 It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads,
15 to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."
E) none of the above are found anywhere in the Gospels or the Old Testament

4) How do we know who wrote the books that we call Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Hebrews, and 1, 2, and 3 John? (What verse claims the name of the author?)
A) it's written on the top of the page
B) oral Tradition, reflected in the Early Church Fathers writings
C) bible scholars can prove it

5) Where did Jesus give instructions that the Christian faith should be based exclusively on a book?
A) The Gospels
B) The Epistles
C) Revelation
D) nowhere

6) True or False: Jesus told all His apostles to write things down.

7) Where in the New Testament do the apostles tell future generations that the Christian faith will be based on a book?
A) The Gospels
B) The Epistles
C) Revelation
D) nowhere

8) If the authors of the New Testament believed in Sola Scriptura, why did they sometimes draw on oral Tradition as authoritative and as
God's Word (Matt 2:23; 23:2; 1 Cor 10:4; 1 Pet 3:19; Jude 9, 14
15)?
A) once its written, its no longer tradition
B) oral Tradition comes from the same divine wellspring as the written and just as authorative

9) Some Christians claim that Jesus categorically condemned all oral tradition (Matt 15:3, 6; Mark 7:813). If so, why does He bind His
listeners to oral tradition by telling them that to obey the scribes and Pharisees when they "sit on Moses' seat" (Matt 23:2)?

A) Jesus could not have condemned all oral tradition, just the ones (He said "your traditions") that violated God's word, not the Sacred Traditions that the Jews properly followed
B) the scribes and Pharisees were pure, true Christians, and Jesus was telling his listeners to follow their example.
C) Jesus was saying that the corruption of people with authority had no bearing on the necessity of obedience, which is pleasing to God.
D) "Moses' seat" is not found anywhere in the Old Testament, so Jesus was reading from the New Testament
E) A and C

10) On what authority, or on what principle, would we accept as Scripture books that we know were not written by one of the twelve
apostles?
A) on the authority of the publisher
B) on the authority of the Church who set strict principles for the canonization of scripture
C) Luke was a clone of Paul

ANSWERS:
1) D
2) D
3) E
4) B
5) D
6) FALSE
7) D
8) B
9) E
10) B

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before the canon of the Bible, the Christian Rule of Faith (TRADITION) included belief in the Apostolic succession through the Episcopate, the authority of Tradition itself, the authority of Scripture, the three fold ministry (bishop-priest-deacon), the Eucharist as Sacrifice, belief in baptismal regeneration, prayers for the dead, veneration of the Saints, the Seven sacraments, the evangelical counsels, and others. The historical evidence is there for anyone who wishes to see it.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only legitimate teachers can give a "test" and you are not my teacher by any means.
Then give the name of who you think is legitimate teacher and I'll send them the questions. I don't claim to be a "legitimate teacher" because I am not ordained to teach, but that does not stop me from asking questions, especially the ones you refuse to answer.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus referred to the Queen of the South in Mt. 12:42 and Luke 11:31, He was actually talking about the Queen of Sheba. Scripture speaks of the Queen of the South visiting the court of Solomon in 1 Kings 10. Therefore, Jesus was contrasting the Queen’s actions with the actions of the religious leaders of His time. Though Sheba was a pagan queen, she traveled a long distance to listen to Solomon and seek his wisdom whereas the religious leaders were unwilling to listen to the Son of God who came down from heaven to save them.

There are only 4 verses in the entire New Testament that uses the word "queen" and none of them are "in heaven."

Mat 12:42...The queen of the South will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. Luk 11:31 is a repeat of Mt 12:42.

Act 8:27...And he rose and went. And behold, an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a minister of the Can'dace, queen of the Ethiopians, in charge of all her treasure, had come to Jerusalem to worship. (literal queen)

Rev 18:7...As she glorified herself and played the wanton, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning. Since in her heart she says, 'A queen I sit, I am no widow, mourning I shall never see,'
Nope! No hint of a "Holy Queen Mary" in heaven or on earth in scripture! You should probably do better on a RCC website. They will agree with your false interpretations there I assume.

Rev 12:1 crown =queen in heaven!

and since the mother of a king is always queen!

Only a queen can bear a king!

why does it need be in scripture?

scripture demands tradition or teaching authority of Christ extended to his church in the apostolic tradition

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say...
That's not biblical....
Don't you believe the Word of God?

Just goes to show how the Holy Bible can be used to illuminate the mind or be a tool to remain in darkness.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct and the Catholic Church doesn't teach She is.

If Mary was simply used for Her body, the following verses don't support insignificance:

At the mere sound of hearing Mary's voice, Elizabeth was "filled with the Holy Spirit" and her infant "leapt in her womb." (Lk. 1:41)
Mary Herself has said, "...all generations shall call me blessed." (Lk. 1:48)

So Elizabeth (not Mary) was filled with the Holy Spirit in this verse.
What difference does it make if Mary said that "...all generations shall call me blessed."?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Mary was simply used for Her body, the following verses don't support insignificance:

At the mere sound of hearing Mary's voice, Elizabeth was "filled with the Holy Spirit" and her infant "leapt in her womb." (Lk. 1:41)
Mary Herself has said, "...all generations shall call me blessed." (Lk. 1:48)
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

God's Simple Will! The apostle Of GRACE (2 Min With The BIBLE)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, for I said, "Elizabeth was "filled with the Holy Spirit." The point you missed was that that, as well as Elizabeth's infant leaping in her womb, both occurred at the mere sound of hearing Mary's voice.

@Bruce Atkinson basically said Mary is insignificant. People of all generations calling Her blessed is an example that doesn't support that.

The reason that Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and John leapt in her womb was because of God, not Mary. God fills whomever He chooses with the Holy Spirit, in whatever manner He chooses. Mary's voice was not the source, God was.

For example, how was Zecheriah filled with the Holy Spirit in Luke 1:67? "Then his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied..." Mary wasn't present.

In Acts 2:4, "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak in other languages as the Spirit enabled them." Mary wasn't there either.

The same with Acts 4:31, Acts 9:17, Acts 13:52, etc.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say it was Mary, I said, "Elizabeth was "filled with the Holy Spirit."

@Bruce Atkinson basically said Mary is insignificant. People of all generations calling Her blessed is an example that doesn't support that.

You said that said, "Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit" at the sound of Mary's voice, clearly implying that Mary's voice was the reason.

She was blessed by being chosen to give birth to Jesus. That is different than veneration, worship, and inventing unScriptural myths about her.

Reactions: Pearl

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, they do. They say she is a co-redemptrix. Calling Mary a “Co-redemptrix” places her on an equal level with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, making her something like a fourth person of the Trinity, a goddess, which is blasphemy for any true Christian.

My husband was raised catholic and my mother-in-law has given us literature (tracts) showing "Mary" (Ishtar/queen of heaven) with nail scars in her hands and a crown of thorns on her head ...and all manner of sheep looking up to her. This IS blasphemy!!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 12:1 crown =queen in heaven!

and since the mother of a king is always queen!

Only a queen can bear a king!

why does it need be in scripture?

scripture demands tradition or teaching authority of Christ extended to his church in the apostolic tradition

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

If Mary was a queen and a king is the queen's husband, then Joseph is a king! All hail King Joseph!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!