Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day, when the time comes to meet with Jesus face to face too many people are going to be turned away because they preferred Mary to her Son. And preferred the Catholic teaching to that of Jesus. So many people over countless generations led astray from the truth by Catholic doctrines rammed into their heads from birth. So, so sad. And unecessary if they would only listen.
Yes indeed . Many will hear Depart from me i never knew you .
Its why i have been diligently trying to point the peoples back to the scriptures , back to Christ .
The CC is very dangerous to the souls of all who do enter her convenant .
WE must point the peoples to JESUS CHRIST , and to make sure they KNOW HIM , they better OPEN BIBLES
and start learning that version of Christ and that version of what the apostles taught
cause the CC has been decieving for years , and she aint alone , many within the protestant realm
are decieving as well . Now pull those marching boots on and let us point to JESUS CHRIST
and do all to encourage folks to get back into those bibles and start learning and growing so as
they will not longer be tossed to and fro by deceptive men .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was because of Her virtues Mary was chosen to be the mother of Jesus, God incarnate, our Savior. It is because of Her faith and obedience that She conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. If She hadn't obeyed then Jesus would not have been born unto this world.
I think we all know that @Anima And we respect her.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but many treat Her as just a vessel and not as the Queen of Heaven that She is. Many do not realize what it would mean if we didn't have Her.
I don't accept her as 'queen of heaven' as I am not a Catholic and it isn't biblical.
If Mary hadn't been who she was I'm pretty sure God would have another young girl. But God plans in advance and must have had His hand on her all through her growing up. Just as he has with so many of us to bring us to Him at the appointed time.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we all know that @Anima And we respect her.
Yes indeed dear sister . We call her blessed . but what WE DONT AND WONT DO , is pray to her , peter or any other saint or angel .
CAUSE THAT IS TOTAL BLASPHEMY against GOD . Many gonna find out on that day , but then it will be TOO LATE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't accept her as 'queen of heaven' as I am not a Catholic and it isn't biblical.
If Mary hadn't been who she was I'm pretty sure God would have another young girl. But God plans in advance and must have had His hand on her all through her growing up. Just as he has with so many of us to bring him to Him at the appointed time.
Dont do it either .
If we even read in the book of revelation . The names of the twelve apostels and twelve tribes are mentioned in the heavenly city .
HOW come it never mentions mary as queen of heaven or etc .
If it was so important how come it was never mentioned by the apostels , nor Even in the book of revelation .
And before the CC tries to say that MARY is the woman mentioned in chapter twelve , NO she is not .
How come in the original bible by the first believers . THERE IS NO MENTION made . Not even in the book of revelation
. I never Heard JESUS tell the seven churches , MAKE SURE TO PRAY TO SAINTS , TO MARY and TO ANGELS .
wait . BUT I DID hear even an angel tell JOHN , HEY DONT WORSHIP ME , GET UP
WORSHIP GOD . Rather odd ehhhhh . Let no man , woman or child pray to mary , to saints or to angels .
PRAY TO GOD in JESUS NAME . WORSHIP GOD . THE SPIRIT of PROPHCEY is THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is depicted as the spouse of the Holy spirit;

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

This is nuptial language hearkening back to Ruth 3:8, where Ruth said to Boaz “spread your skirt over me” when she revealed to him his duty to marry her according to the law of Deuteronomy 25. When Mary became pregnant, Joseph would have been required to divorce her because she would then belong to another (see Dt 24:1-4; Jer 3:1). But when Joseph found out that “the other” was the Holy Spirit, the idea of his having conjugal relations with Mary was not a consideration.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Catholics who will talk about Mary but not Jesus and I believe that this is quite widespread in the Catholic church. You may not prefer Mary but so many actually do as they learn more about her than her son.
I have a Catholic niece that prays to Mary and hears from her dead mother and father who she also prays to. She does not pray to Jesus and is embarrassed to talk about him.

She’s probably not properly taught

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is plenty of evidence that popes have led people's understanding through phrases such as '...Maria ora pro nobis' - invoking Mary to pray for us; but Scripture says:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2.5).

Christ is also the only
Judge
Teacher
Forgives of sin
Reconciliation
And light of the world!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18

Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does she have a Bible?
She does now because I gave her one. The one she had at home was in the loft so i gave her a NIV one, which is what i use. She hasn't been to church for years. That is until she came with me to my church just before lockdown.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She does now because I gave her one. The one she had at home was in the loft so i gave her a NIV one, which is what i use. She hasn't been to church for years.

good for you!

she needs guidance also

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She does.
There is a booklet that is considered to be a classic called "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer. It was printed in the '60s and I think it might still be available through Christian book distributers in Peabody, Ma.

It truly is worthy of the name. Once you started reading from the first page you become absorbed in its elevation of Christ and his concerns for "the church" and the trend he sees/saw at that tumultuous period throughout the booklet.