Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OF course its not wrong to correct . But the problem is this generation wont correct anything or anyone , UNLESS THEY ARE BRINGING CORRECTION
THOSE THEY DO TRY and correct . They wont correct sqaut , and the only time they are diligent to correct is
IS when folks do try and correct .

What do you have against "this generation" (whatever that term means)? Also, what does "They wont correct sqaut [sic] , and the only time they are diligent to correct is IS [sic] when folks do try and correct .

Do you understand the term "sophistry"?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meaning what?
Meaning i see many who claim to know GOD to love CHRIST yet the evil they practice and the things they teach and beleive
Contradict the very GOD , the very CHRIST they claim they love . Meaning its a delusion if we think we really DO LOVE
GOD and do LOVE CHRIST and yet we embrace and honor sin . NIETHER of which GOD OR JESUS EVER ONCE DID .
JESUS always corrected . FULL OF MERCY HE IS , but he always corrected . Folks act LIKE JESUS came to
prove GOD false and to embrace murder and sins and call them good . YOu know like folks who holler gay marraige is GOOD
or abortion is good . OR those who LOVE that money and yet try and claim they LOVE GOD TOO . That wont work .
Those who love sin , DO NOT KNOW HIM . When a lamb sins , IT ACTUALLY GETS CONVICTED .
WHAT IT DONT DO IS JUSTIFY ITS SIN with rainbow flags or whatever sin it is .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meaning i see many who claim to know GOD to love CHRIST yet the evil they practice and the things they teach and beleive
Contradict the very GOD , the very CHRIST they claim they love . Meaning its a delusion if we think we really DO LOVE
GOD and do LOVE CHRIST and yet we embrace and honor sin . NIETHER of which GOD OR JESUS EVER ONCE DID .
JESUS always corrected . FULL OF MERCY HE IS , but he always corrected . Folks act LIKE JESUS came to
prove GOD false and to embrace murder and sins and call them good . YOu know like folks who holler gay marraige is GOOD
or abortion is good . OR those who LOVE that money and yet try and claim they LOVE GOD TOO . That wont work .
Those who love sin , DO NOT KNOW HIM . When a lamb sins , IT ACTUALLY GETS CONVICTED .
WHAT IT DONT DO IS JUSTIFY ITS SIN with rainbow flags or whatever sin it is .

You're rambling incoherently! Going on and on and on... Are you drunk???

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't. We all respect her as an ordinary women chosen for an extraordinary purpose but we don't and shouldn't venerate her above all else. Jesus is the name above all names - not Mary.
Yes, but that is no excuse to avoid calling her "Blessed among woman" like the Bible does. We don't honor Mary above Jesus (another stupid insult); we honor Mary because God honored her first. That does not compete with or supplant the worship that is due to God alone, contrary to the ignorance and prejudice of anti-Mary Christians. Evidence of ignorance and prejudice is found in this sick inflammatory thread title that makes a mockery of the rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but that is no excuse to avoid calling her "Blessed among woman" like the Bible does. We don't honor Mary above Jesus (another stupid insult); we honor Mary because God honored her first.

You hypocrite, God has also honored this woman, yet you completely ignore her...

Mark 14:3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
[4] And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
[5] For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
[6] And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
[7] For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
[8] She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.

[9] Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prominent Early Christian Testimonials w/ Scriptural References

I. "Mary the wife of Cleophas or Alphaeus (Clopas), who was the mother of James the bishop and apostle, and of Simon and Thaddeus (Jude/Judas), and of one Joseph." (Papias of Hierapolis [c. 60–130 AD], Fragment of Papias, Frag. 10, cf. Jn. 19:25)

II. "...James, who is called the brother of the Lord ... as appears to me, the son of Mary sister of the mother of our Lord ... after ordained by the apostles bishop of Jerusalem, wrote a single epistle, which is reckoned among the seven Catholic epistles" (cf.Jud. 1:1) and "...Mary who is described as the mother of James the Less was the wife of Alphaeus and sister of Mary the Lord's mother" (Jerome of Stridon [c. 347–420 CE], De Viris Illustribus, De Perpetua Uirginitate Beatae Mariae, cf. Jn. 19:25)

III. Eusebius of Caesarea [c. 260–340 AD] relates the following in his Historia Ecclesiastica:

James, the brother of the Lord, was the "...author of the first of the so-called catholic epistles" and that while it is disputed, "as is the case likewise with the epistle that bears the name of Jude, which is also one of the seven so-called catholic epistles," it is known they have been "...read publicly in very many churches." (Bk. I, ch. 23, cf.Jud. 1:1)

"James ... surnamed the Just ... bishop of the church of Jerusalem. This James was called the brother of the Lord..." and "Paul also makes mention of the same James the Just, where he writes, 'Other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.'" (Bk. II, ch. 1)

"...those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord ... with those that were related to the Lord according to the flesh ... pronounced Symeon (Simon), the son of Clopas ... to be worthy of the episcopal throne of that parish. He was a cousin, as they say, of the Saviour. For Hegesippus records that Clopas was a brother of Joseph." (Bk. III, ch. 11)

"Josephus, at least, has not hesitated to testify this in his writings, where he says, 'These things happened to the Jews to avenge James the Just, who was a brother of Jesus, that is called the Christ.'" (Bk. II, ch. 23)

"...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" (Flavius Josephus [c. 37-100 CE], Antiquitates Iudaicae, Bk. XX, ch. 9)

"...James the Just bishop of Jerusalem" and "...but there were two Jameses: one called the Just... thrown from the pinnacle of the temple ... and beaten to death with a club by a fuller, and another who was beheaded." (Bk. II, ch. 1) (Clement of Alexandria [c. 150–215 AD], Hypotyposes, Bk. VII, cf. Ac. 12:1-2)

"...James the brother of the Lord, succeeded to the government of the Church ... called the Just..." (Bk. II, ch. 23) and "after James the Just had suffered martyrdom ... Symeon (Simon), the son of the Lord's uncle, Clopas, was appointed the next bishop ... because he was a cousin of the Lord." (Bk. III, ch. 22) (Hegesippus [c. 110-180 AD], Hypomnemata)

Additional Scriptural Support

The aforementioned teaching that the mother of James, Simon, Joseph, and Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus (Cleophas/Clopas)
was Mary of Cleophas/Clopas (Alphaeus), Jesus's mother's sister (in-law), is supported by the following verses:

"his mother's sister, Mary of Cleophas" (Jn. 19:25)
"Mary, mother of James" (Mk. 16:1)
"Mary of James" (Lk. 24:10)
"Mary, mother of James and Joseph" (Matt. 27:56)
"Mary, mother of James the Less and Joseph" (Mk. 15:40)

If at the very least you agree "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 63 and the apostle "James" in Gal. 1:19 were the same,
consider the two of the twelve apostles named "James:"

Apostle James, son of Zebedee, whose brother [sibling] was Apostle John, and their mother is only known to have been the mother of "the sons of Zebedee." Thus it is indisputable that of the two this James-apostle doesn't correlate with the "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and Gal. 1:19. (Matt. 4:21;20:20;27:56, Mk. 1:19;3:17;10:35, Lk. 5:10, Ac. 12:1-2)

Apostle James, son of Alphaeus, whose brothers [siblings] were Apostle Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) and Joseph. Thus it is indisputable that of the two this James-apostle correlates more with "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and Gal. 1:19. (Matt. 10:3, Mk. 3:18, Lk. 6:15-16, Ac. 1:13)

Summary

The scriptural verses and testimonials of prominent early Christians above together illustrate "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3, "James the brother of the Lord," "Apostle James of Alphaeus," "James the Bishop of Jerusalem," "James the Less," "James the Just," and the author of the Epistle of James were the same, and that he, Simon, Joseph, and Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) were sons of Joseph's brother [sibling], Alphaeus (Cleophas/Clopas), and Mary of Joseph's sister-in-law, Mary of Cleophas/Clopas (Alphaeus), and thus Jesus's brothers, as in "kinsmen," specifically cousins

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prominent Early Christian Testimonials w/ Scriptural References

I. "Mary the wife of Cleophas or Alphaeus (Clopas), who was the mother of James the bishop and apostle, and of Simon and Thaddeus (Jude/Judas), and of one Joseph." (Papias of Hierapolis [c. 60–130 AD], Fragment of Papias, Frag. 10, cf. Jn. 19:25)

II. "...James, who is called the brother of the Lord ... as appears to me, the son of Mary sister of the mother of our Lord ... after ordained by the apostles bishop of Jerusalem, wrote a single epistle, which is reckoned among the seven Catholic epistles" (cf.Jud. 1:1) and "...Mary who is described as the mother of James the Less was the wife of Alphaeus and sister of Mary the Lord's mother" (Jerome of Stridon [c. 347–420 CE], De Viris Illustribus, De Perpetua Uirginitate Beatae Mariae, cf. Jn. 19:25)

III. Eusebius of Caesarea [c. 260–340 AD] relates the following in his Historia Ecclesiastica:

James, the brother of the Lord, was the "...author of the first of the so-called catholic epistles" and that while it is disputed, "as is the case likewise with the epistle that bears the name of Jude, which is also one of the seven so-called catholic epistles," it is known they have been "...read publicly in very many churches." (Bk. I, ch. 23, cf.Jud. 1:1)

"James ... surnamed the Just ... bishop of the church of Jerusalem. This James was called the brother of the Lord..." and "Paul also makes mention of the same James the Just, where he writes, 'Other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.'" (Bk. II, ch. 1)

"...those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord ... with those that were related to the Lord according to the flesh ... pronounced Symeon (Simon), the son of Clopas ... to be worthy of the episcopal throne of that parish. He was a cousin, as they say, of the Saviour. For Hegesippus records that Clopas was a brother of Joseph." (Bk. III, ch. 11)

"Josephus, at least, has not hesitated to testify this in his writings, where he says, 'These things happened to the Jews to avenge James the Just, who was a brother of Jesus, that is called the Christ.'" (Bk. II, ch. 23)

"...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" (Flavius Josephus [c. 37-100 CE], Antiquitates Iudaicae, Bk. XX, ch. 9)

"...James the Just bishop of Jerusalem" and "...but there were two Jameses: one called the Just... thrown from the pinnacle of the temple ... and beaten to death with a club by a fuller, and another who was beheaded." (Bk. II, ch. 1) (Clement of Alexandria [c. 150–215 AD], Hypotyposes, Bk. VII, cf. Ac. 12:1-2)

"...James the brother of the Lord, succeeded to the government of the Church ... called the Just..." (Bk. II, ch. 23) and "after James the Just had suffered martyrdom ... Symeon (Simon), the son of the Lord's uncle, Clopas, was appointed the next bishop ... because he was a cousin of the Lord." (Bk. III, ch. 22) (Hegesippus [c. 110-180 AD], Hypomnemata)

Additional Scriptural Support

The aforementioned teaching that the mother of James, Simon, Joseph, and Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus (Cleophas/Clopas)
was Mary of Cleophas/Clopas (Alphaeus), Jesus's mother's sister (in-law), is supported by the following verses:

"his mother's sister, Mary of Cleophas" (Jn. 19:25)
"Mary, mother of James" (Mk. 16:1)
"Mary of James" (Lk. 24:10)
"Mary, mother of James and Joseph" (Matt. 27:56)
"Mary, mother of James the Less and Joseph" (Mk. 15:40)

If at the very least you agree "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 63 and the apostle "James" in Gal. 1:19 were the same,
consider the two of the twelve apostles named "James:"

Apostle James, son of Zebedee, whose brother [sibling] was Apostle John, and their mother is only known to have been the mother of "the sons of Zebedee." Thus it is indisputable that of the two this James-apostle doesn't correlate with the "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and Gal. 1:19. (Matt. 4:21;20:20;27:56, Mk. 1:19;3:17;10:35, Lk. 5:10, Ac. 12:1-2)

Apostle James, son of Alphaeus, whose brothers [siblings] were Apostle Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) and Joseph. Thus it is indisputable that of the two this James-apostle correlates more with "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and Gal. 1:19. (Matt. 10:3, Mk. 3:18, Lk. 6:15-16, Ac. 1:13)

Summary

The scriptural verses and testimonials of prominent early Christians above together illustrate "James" in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3, "James the brother of the Lord," "Apostle James of Alphaeus," "James the Bishop of Jerusalem," "James the Less," "James the Just," and the author of the Epistle of James were the same, and that he, Simon, Joseph, and Jude (Judas/Thaddeus) were sons of Joseph's brother [sibling], Alphaeus (Cleophas/Clopas), and Mary of Joseph's sister-in-law, Mary of Cleophas/Clopas (Alphaeus), and thus Jesus's brothers, as in "kinsmen," specifically cousins

"Consequently God sends on them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 This clearly applies to you!!!

Jesus had brothers!!! He said so Himself!!! Either He is lying or you are!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear amigo,

Asking Mary to pray for me is not making her my God, anymore than asking you to pray for me.

As I love you brother, i would urge you to stop making false accusations..

Pax et Bonum

There is a big difference: amigo is alive; Mary is dead. You're asking a dead person to pray for you! And not just (dead) Mary, but all the dead saints! It is really, really weird!!

Of course, it's also really weird that you show Jesus as dead on the cross, yet you pray to Mary!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
None as far as I know, but on the other hand he never said women can't do it, and in fact many women on this board are spreading the word and long may they continue.
He always treated women with the utmost respect-
Yes, He learned that from His mother.

And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. Romans 13:1

Sure, you wanna be like Jesus, anything but that!!!

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, He learned that from His mother.

And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. Romans 13:1

Sure, you wanna be like Jesus, anything but that!!!

a) That's not Romans 13:1, it's Luke 2:51

b) That scenario happened after Mary and Joseph lost sight of their precious teenager for several days. Luke 2:43-46, "But when the feast was over, as they were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but (because they assumed that he was in their group of travelers) they went a day’s journey. Then they began to look for him among their relatives and acquaintances. When they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days (of looking for Him)they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

Luke 2:48-41, "When his parents saw him, they were overwhelmed. His mother said to him, “Child, why have you treated us like this? Look, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously.” But he replied, “Why were you looking for me? Didn’t you know that I must be in my Father’s house?” Yet his parents did not understand the remark he made to them. Then he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them. But his mother kept all these things in her heart." They were obviously pretty angry with Him, because He behaved after that (as far as we know). Typical teenager!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Southern Baptists look at severing ties with Saddleback after megachurch ordains women pastors

The denomination will consider establishing a committee to study whether the SBC should break with Saddleback Church, which ordained three women as pastors, The Tennessean reported. “The SBC statement of beliefs says the “office of pastor” is reserved for men,” the report states.
Southern Baptists look at severing ties with Saddleback after megachurch ordains women pastors.

Imagine such heresy!!! Thinking that women in the 21st Century can actually think that they can lead worshipers! What is the matter with them?

The SBC might just enter into the 21st Century if they try really, really hard!!!

BTW, this has nothing to do with the OP. IMHO, it's nice to have a break from the Mary myths though.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you have against "this generation" (whatever that term means)? Also, what does "They wont correct sqaut [sic] , and the only time they are diligent to correct is IS [sic] when folks do try and correct .

Do you understand the term "sophistry"?
I mean
Southern Baptists look at severing ties with Saddleback after megachurch ordains women pastors

The denomination will consider establishing a committee to study whether the SBC should break with Saddleback Church, which ordained three women as pastors, The Tennessean reported. “The SBC statement of beliefs says the “office of pastor” is reserved for men,” the report states.
Southern Baptists look at severing ties with Saddleback after megachurch ordains women pastors.
The churches are in dire trouble . As i said the protestant realm in large is almost as bad as the CC .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' Church ministers His power, it's not just an outward appearance of a Christian faith.
just for comparison, the Assemblies of GOd DENOMINATION has grown from nothing in 1900 to over 70 MILLION in only 100 years, and is the MOST EFFECTIVE missionary force in the World today, and we didn't even have to threaten or murder people to accomplish that like the Catholics did.

SO where's the Roman Catholic evidence of "God's power" Your "Spirit led" college of Cardinals couldn't even elect a Pope who believed in the "Catholic" system (and probably isn't even a Christian).

Reactions: Jim B

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let em!!! Denominational "precious beliefs" don't really mean SPIT in the final analysis. Saddleback would probably be better off without 'em.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just for comparison, the Assemblies of GOd DENOMINATION has grown from nothing in 1900 to over 70 MILLION in only 100 years, and is the MOST EFFECTIVE missionary force in the World today, and we didn't even have to threaten or murder people to accomplish that like the Catholics did.

SO where's the Roman Catholic evidence of "God's power" Your "Spirit led" college of Cardinals couldn't even elect a Pope who believed in the "Catholic" system (and probably isn't even a Christian).

Only Catholics are Christian

the new covenant church must be universal so a heretical sect started in 1900 is not universal

the church is one! Holy! Catholic! And apostolic!

that sect is the tradition of men with emotional fake charismatic experiences