Why do Catholics adore, worship and deify Mary so much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean

The churches are in dire trouble . As i said the protestant realm in large is almost as bad as the CC .

Are you trying to be a latter-day Moses? Who are you to condemn "the churches"? Have you actually surveyed the body of Christ? Or are you just mean-spirited and judgmental?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' CHURCH is Born Again and Spirit Filled PEOPLE, not religio-political organizations, neither Protestant nor Catholic.
Hey Bob,

What church meets your criteria of being Jesus Church (Born Again and Spirit Filled PEOPLE)? I know the one you attend is, can you name another?

Curious Mary

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Catholics are Christian

the new covenant church must be universal so a heretical sect started in 1900 is not universal

the church is one! Holy! Catholic! And apostolic!

that sect is the tradition of men with emotional fake charismatic experiences

Only Catholics are Christian??? Is that what your Pope teaches you? It is an unScriptural lie (but of course you don't believe the Bible).

The church, according to Scripture (which you clearly ignore!) is the body of Christ. It is not the Catholic denomination!

You are demon-possessed (just like Peter)!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't. We all respect her as an ordinary women chosen for an extraordinary purpose but we don't and shouldn't venerate her above all else. Jesus is the name above all names - not Mary.
Lol...God and Jesus didn't look at her as an "ordinary women [sic]".

You at odds with God and Jesus! Does that concern you?

Mary

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...God and Jesus didn't look at her as an "ordinary women [sic]".

You at odds with God and Jesus! Does that concern you?

Mary

Pearl was 100% correct when she wrote "We all respect her as an ordinary women chosen for an extraordinary purpose but we don't and shouldn't venerate her above all else. Jesus is the name above all names - not Mary." (even if there was a typo.)

Mary was a teenager chosen by God to become pregnant by the Holy Spirit and give birth to Jesus. After that she was a fair-to-middling mother; she lost sight of her child for more than three days! When Jesus was told that she and her (true) brothers came to see him, he said that His disciples were His true mother and brothers.

You at odds with God and Jesus and the Bible! Doesn't that concern you?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants don’t have a church!

there is only one new covenant church Jn 10:16

they have heretical sects the tradition of men

only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18-19

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Bob,

What church meets your criteria of being Jesus Church (Born Again and Spirit Filled PEOPLE)? I know the one you attend is, can you name another?

Curious Mary

Jesus' CHURCH was never, isn't, and never will be a "Visible Religio/Political organization". It's ALWAYS BEEN "just People" who are Born Again of the Holy Spirit and motivated by Him - regardless to the "Label" on the sign out front.

The Assemblies of God, like ALL "visible churches is a mixture of "Wheat" (Born Again and Spirit Filled PEOPLE), and Tares (religious, and generally GOOD people, who are not born again, and have no idea what that even means. I've been Southern Baptist, American Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ (Campbellite), United Church of Christ, and several varieties of independent Charismatic over the last 59 years, the greater proportion of which I've been Assembly of God. I saw God move in power, IN ALL of them.

The AoG is O.K. for the most part, and a good place to settle in (except for the "Contemporary soft rock music" they all play now).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Catholics are Christian

the new covenant church must be universal so a heretical sect started in 1900 is not universal

the church is one! Holy! Catholic! And apostolic!

that sect is the tradition of men with emotional fake charismatic experiences

Where does it say any of this in the Bible? Answer: nowhere!

Sola scriptura!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants don’t have a church!

there is only one new covenant church Jn 10:16

they have heretical sects the tradition of men

only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18-19

Try driving around on Sunday morning and then repeat your absurd phrase "Protestants don’t have a church!"

The church, according to the Bible, is the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:27, "Now you are Christ’s body, and each of you is a member of it." and 1 Corinthians 12:12, "For just as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body—though many—are one body, so too is Christ."

Here is a perfect definition of the Catholic denomination: a heretical sect, governed by the false the traditions of men.

Sola scriptura!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' CHURCH was never, isn't, and never will be a "Visible Religio/Political organization". It's ALWAYS BEEN "just People" who are Born Again of the Holy Spirit and motivated by Him - regardless to the "Label" on the sign out front.

The Assemblies of God, like ALL "visible churches is a mixture of "Wheat" (Born Again and Spirit Filled PEOPLE), and Tares (religious, and generally GOOD people, who are not born again, and have no idea what that even means. I've been Southern Baptist, American Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ (Campbellite), United Church of Christ, and several varieties of independent Charismatic over the last 59 years, the greater proportion of which I've been Assembly of God. I saw God move in power, IN ALL of them.

The AoG is O.K. for the most part, and a good place to settle in (except for the "Contemporary soft rock music" they all play now).

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Apostolic authority!
God sent them apostles to teach them the truth revealed by Christ!
Philip an apostle acts 8
Peter an apostle acts 10

Jn 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

There is a big difference between the people, and the priesthood of Christ and the apostles!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you. And Jn 17:18 I send you!

(The apostles with the same mission, power, and authority)

The apostles received the kingdom.
Lk 22:29

The apostles administer the kingdom. Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The apostles govern the church.
Matt 28:19-20

The apostles hold office.
Acts 1:15-20

The apostles have authority to forgive sins. Jn 20:23

Apostles are the light of the world!
The church is an extension of Christ in time and space. Matt 5:14

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Three fold ministry,

Teaching:
Sanctification:
Governing:

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

God established order and peace and knowledge of truth in a hierarchical authority of Peter and the apostles!

There is a hierarchical authority in all that God has ordained!

The angelic kingdom!
The civil kingdom!
The church kingdom!
The family!

All are ordered with hierarchical and jurisdictional authority!

There CANNOT be both!

Either Apostolic tradition in hierarchical authority which establishes truth, peace and order!

Or

Spiritual anarchy producing chaos and disorder!

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say any of this in the Bible? Answer: nowhere!

Sola scriptura!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

One: Jn 10:16

Holy: Eph 2:19:22

Catholic: Lk 1:10-11 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16
(Universal)

Apostolic: Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try driving around on Sunday morning and then repeat your absurd phrase "Protestants don’t have a church!"

The church, according to the Bible, is the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:27, "Now you are Christ’s body, and each of you is a member of it." and 1 Corinthians 12:12, "For just as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body—though many—are one body, so too is Christ."

Here is a perfect definition of the Catholic denomination: a heretical sect, governed by the false the traditions of men.

Sola scriptura!

Only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18-19 all others are heretical sects the tradition of men

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

One: Jn 10:16

Holy: Eph 2:19:22

Catholic: Lk 1:10-11 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16
(Universal)

Apostolic: Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary and the "saints" are all dead and peacefully sleeping-
"Do not grieve for those asleep, for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 4:13/14)
Yet catholicism seems to think they're awake and manning a "call centre" somewhere to receive their prayers..:)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Do not grieve for those asleep, for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 4:13/14)
Yet catholicism seems to think they're awake and manning a "call centre" somewhere to receive their prayers..:)

Jn 11:25

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33 the queen mother sits at His right hand and receives the petitions of the members of the kingdom!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblically Mary is the royal and reigning queen mother!

In ancient Israel not kings wife but his mother was crowned queen!

1 kings 2:18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king.

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.

A Seat: throne
King bows in respect
Right hand position of authority

The queen received the petitions of the people and presented them to the king Her royal Son!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He is not God of the dead but of the living. You are greatly misled

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

His church isn't visible? That makes no sense! Then how can we find it?