Why Do Husbands Cheat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry I misunderstood your earlier post. Please forgive me Truman.
Of course, Pat. It was an innocent mistake anyone could make. I didn't realize that it could be read two ways. Now I do. :)

Reactions: marks

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
May the Lord draw near to your wife and open her heart to heal enough for friendship to exist and grow. My ex called me ‘ his best ex wife ‘ when nursing staff asked who I was when his cancer meant him being in hospital. Despite all his affairs he kept a picture of me with him at the hospice. We married because I was pregnant, wasn’t a Christian then.He never came to faith. I never regretted my marriage because I have four wonderful children, came to faith and had years of valuable lessons.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
May the Lord draw near to your wife and open her heart to heal enough for friendship to exist and grow. My ex called me ‘ his best ex wife ‘ when nursing staff asked who I was when his cancer meant him being in hospital. Despite all his affairs he kept a picture of me with him at the hospice. We married because I was pregnant, wasn’t a Christian then.He never came to faith. I never regretted my marriage because I have four wonderful children, came to faith and had years of valuable lessons.
I just wanted to clarify that she's my ex-wife.
It must've hurt when he cheated on you. That's one thing I didn't do.
What I did do was put her and our two children at risk for the five months that I lied to her regarding my relapse. You see, when I was a practicing addict, I was an intravenous morphine addict...with Hep. C. I was so selfish.
But they're all alive and well, my son and step-son are prospering, and though I don't deserve it, I have three lovely grandchildren, and one lovely, er...step-granddaughter? Things could always be worse.
It's the kids and grandkids that I'm concerned about, regarding the nightmare we find ourselves in. But our God is sovereign and, as always, is in complete control. They are, after all, His children. :)

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I presumed that you were not with your wife xx
Although I realise you can look back and see your actions were not helpful, at the time you were in a battle and suffering. I hope you have been able to find peace with it all, addictions happen and none of us mean to get into that cycle.
We had lots of issues to work through and my ex lost the respect of two of our children, however they were able to reconnect and be there for him when he was in the hospice.
Rita xx

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I have.
For many years, I suffered alone with multiple health problems, but I took up my cross whenever the Lord showed me something I needed to repent of and crucify.
After twenty years, the inner circumcision was finally completed.
With the old self finally out of the way, Jesus is beaming in my heart.
It's been 7 months and Jesus, the Shekinah of God, is beaming in me as brightly as ever.
Though I deeply regret the grief I caused my loved ones, "He is able to work all things together for the good of those who love Him, and are called, according to His purpose."
I am, for the first time in my life, content.
Going through the healing He has been doing, is kinda rough, but that's okay.
"I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me." :)

Reactions: Pearl and Rita

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why-do-husbands-cheat_-1.jpg

1 Corinthians 7:3 - The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.⁠

The loss of sexual intimacy in a marriage is a tell tale sign of imminent disaster. Just like a normal appetite, every man and woman has a sexual appetite that must be fed. If you are not feeding your spouse’s sexual appetite, don’t think they will just starve! Once your spouse stops seeing you in a sexual way and as a sexual partner, their desire will turn towards someone else. You will be nothing more than a roommate and/or the mother of their children. ⁠

Husbands should not be made to feel like they are sexual fiends. Sex is a natural and normal expectation in a Christian marriage. It is not to be used as a bargaining tool or reward for good behavior. A man will not put his sex life on hold either. If you are constantly putting sex on the bottom of your list of priorities, this will weaken him, causing him to be defenseless against temptation when another woman offers him what you are not.⁠

The important thing to know is that every time a husband and wife deprive each other of sexual intimacy, they are opening the door to sin through temptation!⁠

Do you make sure you’ve eaten, are dressed and ready to take on the day? Do you take time out in your busy schedule to get your nails and hair done? Do you make time to ‘go out with the girls’ or ‘grab a coffee with your bestie’? Clean the house? You make time for the things that are important to you. If you don’t find time for regular sex in your marriage, it’s time to make a change before it’s too late!⁠

Order takeout, skip the dishes, send the kids to bed early, wake up earlier yourselves, cancel extra curricular activities for the family - do whatever it takes to make and maintain time for sex in your marriage. You can do without a lot of things in your life, but a sexless marriage is not one of them! Denying your spouse sexual intercourse (conjugal rights) is a sin against God’s word.⁠
It is even worse when you marry a young lady, who on your wedding night tells you she is a lesbian.

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men cheat because they are sinful. Blaming someone else for the sin of another is vile. When did the Lord say, "if your wife doesn't please you, you are free to engage in adultery?" Never. More false teaching from @Amos Ministries .

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loves the church.

Reactions: Pearl

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why-do-husbands-cheat_-1.jpg

1 Corinthians 7:3 - The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.⁠

The loss of sexual intimacy in a marriage is a tell tale sign of imminent disaster. Just like a normal appetite, every man and woman has a sexual appetite that must be fed. If you are not feeding your spouse’s sexual appetite, don’t think they will just starve! Once your spouse stops seeing you in a sexual way and as a sexual partner, their desire will turn towards someone else. You will be nothing more than a roommate and/or the mother of their children. ⁠

Husbands should not be made to feel like they are sexual fiends. Sex is a natural and normal expectation in a Christian marriage. It is not to be used as a bargaining tool or reward for good behavior. A man will not put his sex life on hold either. If you are constantly putting sex on the bottom of your list of priorities, this will weaken him, causing him to be defenseless against temptation when another woman offers him what you are not.⁠

The important thing to know is that every time a husband and wife deprive each other of sexual intimacy, they are opening the door to sin through temptation!⁠

Do you make sure you’ve eaten, are dressed and ready to take on the day? Do you take time out in your busy schedule to get your nails and hair done? Do you make time to ‘go out with the girls’ or ‘grab a coffee with your bestie’? Clean the house? You make time for the things that are important to you. If you don’t find time for regular sex in your marriage, it’s time to make a change before it’s too late!⁠

Order takeout, skip the dishes, send the kids to bed early, wake up earlier yourselves, cancel extra curricular activities for the family - do whatever it takes to make and maintain time for sex in your marriage. You can do without a lot of things in your life, but a sexless marriage is not one of them! Denying your spouse sexual intercourse (conjugal rights) is a sin against God’s word.⁠

How about this:

Men, you are responsible for yourself and responsible toward others. It is your place as a man and husband to love your wife as Jesus Christ gave Himself for the church, covering her with love no matter her struggles in this life. Never forget that grumbling, whining, and pointing fingers at others is sin unto itself; has the Lord been unfaithful or unjust at any time?

He has not and neither should you be. Are you not supposed to be the head of the family? Then gird yourself, submit yourself to the Lord, and be the husband your wife needs, the brother your fellows need, and the example this fallen world cries out for.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is revealing. The OP says wives should not deprive their husbands sexually and BAM, claims of supporting marital rape emerge, on top of the husband being sinful. Wow!

Predictable. Makes one wonder if women have ANY responsibilities in a relationship, let alone marriage to her husband?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men cheat because they are sinful. Blaming someone else for the sin of another is vile. When did the Lord say, "if your wife doesn't please you, you are free to engage in adultery?" Never. More false teaching from @Amos Ministries .

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loves the church.
Lol, the agape love has no conditions.

Reactions: Shattered

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is revealing. The OP says wives should not deprive their husbands sexually and BAM, claims of supporting marital rape emerge, on top of the husband being sinful. Wow!

Predictable. Makes one wonder if women have ANY responsibilities in a relationship, let alone marriage to her husband?
Are you married?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than attempt to change the subject, how about you just answer the question?
Ok, of course they have responsibilities. I’ll sa y again though the agape love that Christ bestows upon his bride has 0 conditions.

that being said do you want to be Christ like?

Reactions: Shattered
Status
Not open for further replies.