Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking against Holy Spirit is not forgivable... it makes me think you are trying to heal a wounded conscience.

Teachings of Jesus Christ about Holy Spirit
  • "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31)
  • "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)
Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)
Samuel then said: “Does Jehovah take as much pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of Jehovah? Look! To obey is better than a sacrifice, and to pay attention than the fat of rams;” (1 Samuel 15:22)
All watchtower following JW's are lost in a corrupt cult. Get out now, your soul is in jeopardy of eternal damnation.

Reactions: amigo de christo

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking against Holy Spirit is not forgivable... it makes me think you are trying to heal a wounded conscience.

Teachings of Jesus Christ about Holy Spirit
  • "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31)
  • "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)
Samuel then said: “Does Jehovah take as much pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of Jehovah? Look! To obey is better than a sacrifice, and to pay attention than the fat of rams;” (1 Samuel 15:22)
JW's blaspheme the Holy Spirt every time JW's reject the deity of Jesus Christ. I love my God: FATHER SON and SPIRIT.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All watchtower following JW's are lost in a corrupt cult. Get out now, your soul is in jeopardy of eternal damnation.
Hold on, I would'nt judge that strictly. It is for God to do that.
They believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose in the third day. They follow his teachings and apply them. They know sin and love. They have false doctrines but so do many Christian churches and individuals. A false doctrine does'nt necessarily invalidate your salvation. It may just mean the Holy Spirit does not grow your church and you personally.
Look at the Seven Churches of Revelation. Only two did not receive rebuke. Their was a loveless church, a compromising church, and corrupt church, a dead church, a lukewarm church, and so that was just in them first century.
The faithful church and the persecuted church went without rebuke, all the rest needed to repent.
Are Jw's connected to the vine and Mormons as well? God is merciful. We need to be born again to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. I don't know, maybe they will be left behind with the Jews and then be enlightened?
Jesus said believe in Me, even on a basic level. You must realize that before the printing press, most people did not even have a Bible nor did they understand like we do today. They had a basic understanding and belief, a faith that was given them. Jesus did'nt say you must comprehend the major doctrines, pass a test and then you will be saved. Many in history of the Church would flunk if that were the case.
We'll see.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose in the third day. They follow his teachings and apply them. They know sin and love. They have false doctrines but so do many Christian churches and individuals. A false doctrine does'nt necessarily invalidate your salvation. It may just mean the Holy Spirit does not grow your church and you personally.
This may be true, but Paul warned about another Jesus.

And there is much about the Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses that just isn't the Jesus in the Bible.

Have we trusted in the death of an angel to save us? Or did our God come to die for us?

I agree, God is the One Who will determine any of our salvation. He knows who His children are! Even though there are some who look like it, and aren't. I expect there are those who don't look like it, and are.

Much love!

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the Seven Churches of Revelation. Only two did not receive rebuke. Their was a loveless church, a compromising church, and corrupt church, a dead church, a lukewarm church, and so that was just in them first century.
The faithful church and the persecuted church went without rebuke, all the rest needed to repent.
Are Jw's connected to the vine and Mormons as well? God is merciful. We need to be born again to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. I don't know, maybe they will be left behind with the Jews and then be enlightened?
Jesus said believe in Me, even on a basic level. You must realize that before the printing press, most people did not even have a Bible nor did they understand like we do today. They had a basic understanding and belief, a faith that was given them. Jesus did'nt say you must comprehend the major doctrines, pass a test and then you will be saved. Many in history of the Church would flunk if that were the case.
We'll see.
Good post!
Just a clue, though, when you have a contraction (joining two words by leaving out a letter or so) the apostrophe nearly always goes where the missing letters were. For example, 'do not' becomes 'don't'; 'could not' becomes 'couldn't'.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll see.
The JW's, LDS, SDA'S, RCC, all teach another gospel. We are told that they are accursed. It gets no plainer than that. Galatians 1:8-9.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The JW's, LDS, SDA'S, RCC, all teach another gospel. We are told that they are accursed. It gets no plainer than that. Galatians 1:8-9.

Jesus allowed himself to be accursed. Something you don't know anything about because you teach another gospel. "If a man commits a sin deserving the sentence of death and he has been put to death and you have hung him on a stake, Instead, you should be sure to bury him on that day, because the one hung up is something accursed of God, and you should not defile your land that Jehovah your God is giving you as an inheritance." (Deuteronomy 21:22-23)

It's such a shame that those whom claim to be religious, fight so hard to reject the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Only the 'Blood of Christ' gives salvation.

I think most here on the forum and in the world have already rejected the Lord's Prayer. The One Jesus calls the only true God. I wish everyone would come to know the Biblical Jesus. Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus," (1 Timothy 2:5)
Many have rejected the Mediator, how sad! :( They reject the Only Way to the Father.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus allowed himself to be accursed. Something you don't know anything about because you teach another gospel. "If a man commits a sin deserving the sentence of death and he has been put to death and you have hung him on a stake, Instead, you should be sure to bury him on that day, because the one hung up is something accursed of God, and you should not defile your land that Jehovah your God is giving you as an inheritance." (Deuteronomy 21:22-23)

It's such a shame that those whom claim to be religious, fight so hard to reject the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Only the 'Blood of Christ' gives salvation.

I think most here on the forum and in the world have already rejected the Lord's Prayer. The One Jesus calls the only true God. I wish everyone would come to know the Biblical Jesus. Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus," (1 Timothy 2:5)
Many have rejected the Mediator, how sad! :( They reject the Only Way to the Father.
Are you a JW?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?
View attachment 16769
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the time of the end known as the Last Days, "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10) True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive that Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Teachings of Jesus Christ:
  • "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;" (John 6:54)
  • For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)
  • "But whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 10:33)
  • "Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one." (Matthew 5:37)
Teaching of the Apostles:
  • "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left," (Hebrews 10:26)
Read more...

Because they ignorantly think a blood transfusion is eating blood, which it is not.

It never goes through the digestive tract at all

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far as I can tell, they don’t rely on faith in Jesus for salvation, but in “taking in knowledge about Jehovah” and earning their way into the kingdom by knocking on enough doors.

The other question is, if their Jesus is the created angel Michael who got a big promotion to being A God, but not the one True God Jehovah, and who didn’t rise bodily from the dead, but arose an invisible spirit creature — is belief in another Jesus, a salvational faith?

I wouldn’t want to chance it.

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far as I can tell, they don’t rely on faith in Jesus for salvation, but in “taking in knowledge about Jehovah” and earning their way into the kingdom by knocking on enough doors.

The other question is, if their Jesus is the created angel Michael who got a big promotion to being A God, but not the one True God Jehovah, and who didn’t rise bodily from the dead, but arose an invisible spirit creature, is belief in another Jesus, a salvational faith?

I wouldn’t want to chance it.

Who was that person that Defeated Satan? Certainly wasn't a trinity or three modes of nature...

"And war broke out in heaven: {Jesus Christ and his angels} battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven." (Rev 12:7-8)

"During that time {Jesus Christ} will stand up, the Great Prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book. And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt." (Daniel 12:1-2)

I'll stick with my Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ no matter what you are Satan says against Jesus Christ. To the true Christians.. to the end! (Matthew 24:13)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is much about the Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses that just isn't the Jesus in the Bible.
The Nature Of God the Son is distorted, not so much what He did, His sacrifice. Remember He did not regard equality with God as something man could grasp then or even now. I cannot defend them, but I do hope they are saved. I have have members in my family who are dear to me.

Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is very simple, not constructed with loads of requirements.
It is the belief that Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures.
Ask any of them if they believe that and follow Jesus, and are obedient to Him? They would say yes.
That is the gospel, are they believing something else?

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is very simple, not constructed with loads of requirements.
It is the belief that Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures.
Ask any of them if they believe that and follow Jesus, and are obedient to Him? They would say yes.
That is the gospel, are they believing something else?
Denying the deity of Jesus, believing Jesus is a created being as in the angel Michael, denying Jesus's physical bodily resurrection, claiming they are the one true church and all outside its membership are damned, antisemitic views that they are the 144,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel sealed by God, believing that their extra biblical writings are inspired by God and provide light necessary to interpret scripture, works works works both to be saved and to stay saved... I could go on.

They preach and teach another gospel.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was that person that Defeated Satan? Certainly wasn't a trinity or three modes of nature...

"And war broke out in heaven: {Jesus Christ and his angels} battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven." (Rev 12:7-8)

"During that time {Jesus Christ} will stand up, the Great Prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book. And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt." (Daniel 12:1-2)

I'll stick with my Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ no matter what you are Satan says against Jesus Christ. To the true Christians.. to the end! (Matthew 24:13)

The overwhelming biblical evidence against watchtower doctrine is too clear to obfuscate.

Soul sleep, is so easily refutable:

A synopsis of facts:

Our body is a HOME we leave at death, and go to be with Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:1,6,8

The soul leaves the body at death, therefore doesn’t sleep with it. 1Kings 17:21-23; Genesis 35:18

Damned humans are put in the same place of everlasting fire that spirits called fallen angels are - and angels have no bodies to bury or sleep in dirt - hence hell can’t be the grave. Matthew 25:41

John sees souls under the altar in heaven, who’ve been slain by the Antichrist, and they are talking to God, so are conscious and awaiting bodily resurrection - not sleeping in the dirt. Revelation 6:9-11

When Jesus returns from heaven to resurrect the dead, He brings those souls John saw in heaven with Him to reunite with their risen and immortal bodies:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God BRING WITH HIM.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive andremain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There are beings UNDER the earth who talk, thus are conscious - not buried in dirt while asleep in the grave. Revelation 5:13

Moses has died, but Moses’ soul isn’t taking a snooze in the dirt, because he visited Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. Mark 9:4

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The overwhelming biblical evidence against watchtower doctrine is too clear to obfuscate.

Soul sleep, is so easily refutable:

A synopsis of facts:

Our body is a HOME we leave at death, and go to be with Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:1,6,8

The soul leaves the body at death, therefore doesn’t sleep with it. 1Kings 17:21-23; Genesis 35:18

Damned humans are put in the same place of everlasting fire that spirits called fallen angels are - and angels have no bodies to bury or sleep in dirt - hence hell can’t be the grave. Matthew 25:41

John sees souls under the altar in heaven, who’ve been slain by the Antichrist, and they are talking to God, so are conscious and awaiting bodily resurrection - not sleeping in the dirt. Revelation 6:9-11

When Jesus returns from heaven to resurrect the dead, He brings those souls John saw in heaven with Him to reunite with their risen and immortal bodies:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God BRING WITH HIM.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive andr emain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There are beings UNDER the earth who talk, thus are conscious - not buried in dirt while asleep in the grave. Revelation 5:13

Moses has died, but Moses’ soul isn’t taking a snooze in the dirt, because he visited Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. Mark 9:4

See how such ones deny that Satan was defeated in Heaven?

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive andr emain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

I wish everyone would come to know the Biblical Jesus. Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how such ones deny that Satan was defeated in Heaven?

I wish everyone would come to know the Biblical Jesus. Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
I know the Biblical Jesus, and the Bible says Jesus is God.