Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the Biblical Jesus, and the Bible says Jesus is God.

Nope. Not a single verse. Who is the LORD in (Deuteronomy 4:39)? It States He is God.

But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.(Jerimiah 10:10)

Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.
(Matthew 16:16) I notice I'm the only one giving witness to Jesus being the Christ the Son of the living God. To deny the Son of God is to deny the 'Deity of Christ'.

Who can conquer the world? Is it not the one who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:5)

The one who has the Son has this life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this life. (1 John 5:12)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denying the deity of Jesus, believing Jesus is a created being as in the angel Michael, denying Jesus's physical bodily resurrection, claiming they are the one true church and all outside its membership are damned, antisemitic views that they are the 144,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel sealed by God, believing that their extra biblical writings are inspired by God and provide light necessary to interpret scripture, works works works both to be saved and to stay saved... I could go on.

They preach and teach another gospel.
I know all that. To me, you are for Christ or against Him. They are not against Him. Satan draws people away from Christ through many different religions, philosophies, atheism. Once we are drawn to Christ by God, then he'll try to distort, confuse, throw doubts in the mix. I just can't see the loving people that they are as being led by the Devil. Deceived and confused about many things, yes; but clinging to and worshipping the Father and obeying Christ is not Satanic.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know all that. To me, you are for Christ or against Him. They are not against Him. Satan draws people away from Christ through many different religions, philosophies, atheism. Once we are drawn to Christ by God, then he'll try to distort, confuse, throw doubts in the mix. I just can't see the loving people that they are as being led by the Devil. Deceived and confused about many things, yes; but clinging to and worshipping the Father and obeying Christ is not Satanic.
The question is not: "Do they worship Jesus?" The question is: "Which Jesus do they worship?"

2 Corinthians 11: "4For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily."

"12But I will keep on doing what I am doing, in order to undercut those who want an opportunity to be regarded as our equals in the things of which they boast. 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions."

For all the reasons I previously cited, it is abundantly clear that JW's worship a Jesus other than the One True Jesus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The question is not: "Do they worship Jesus?" The question is: "Which Jesus do they worship?"

2 Corinthians 11: "4For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily."

"12But I will keep on doing what I am doing, in order to undercut those who want an opportunity to be regarded as our equals in the things of which they boast. 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions."

For all the reasons I previously cited, it is abundantly clear that JW's worship a Jesus other than the One True Jesus.
@LTJMP14 It goes to show how vitally important truly Biblical doctrine about the Person and work of Christ indeed is...

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Not a single verse. Who is the LORD in (Deuteronomy 4:39)? It States He is God.

But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.(Jerimiah 10:10)

Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.
(Matthew 16:16) I notice I'm the only one giving witness to Jesus being the Christ the Son of the living God. To deny the Son of God is to deny the 'Deity of Christ'.

Who can conquer the world? Is it not the one who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:5)

The one who has the Son has this life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this life. (1 John 5:12)
Who is the Word? Jesus. (John 1).

Who created all things? The Word - Jesus. (John 1).

Who came into the world in the flesh? The Word - Jesus. (John 1).

Who is the Savior? The Word - Jesus. (Luke 2:11).

Who did the prophet Isaiah hear? The Word - Jesus.

Whose words did Isaiah write down as instructed? The Word - Jesus's.

What did the Word - Jesus tell Isaiah? Isaiah 43: "1 But now thus says YHVH, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3 For I am YHVH your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Isaiah 43:11 "I, I am YHVH,
and besides me there is no savior."

Who is the Savior? YHVH - the Word - Jesus.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Who is the Word? Jesus. (John 1).

Who created all things? The Word - Jesus. (John 1).

Who came into the world in the flesh? The Word - Jesus. (John 1).

Who is the Savior? The Word - Jesus. (Luke 2:11).

Who did the prophet Isaiah hear? The Word - Jesus.

Whose words did Isaiah write down as instructed? The Word - Jesus's.

What did the Word - Jesus tell Isaiah? Isaiah 43: "1 But now thus says YHVH, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3 For I am YHVH your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Isaiah 43:11 "I, I am YHVH,
and besides me there is no savior."

Who is the Savior? YHVH - the Word - Jesus.
John 1 is so full of truth! :)

Reactions: LTJMP14

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Denying the deity of Jesus, believing Jesus is a created being as in the angel Michael, denying Jesus's physical bodily resurrection, claiming they are the one true church and all outside its membership are damned, antisemitic views that they are the 144,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel sealed by God, believing that their extra biblical writings are inspired by God and provide light necessary to interpret scripture, works works works both to be saved and to stay saved... I could go on.

They preach and teach another gospel.
@LTJMP14 Hebrews 1 is so clear about the distinction between the Lord Jesus - the eternal Son - and angels. Such a clear chapter...

My mind seems to keep going back again and again to Hebrews, such a glorious Epistle...:)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is not: "Do they worship Jesus?" The question is: "Which Jesus do they worship?

Actually, They do not worship Jesus, they worship the Father, whose name was formulated in the 16th Century by adding vowels to the tetragrammaton.

>>I realize all those things you mentioned except your damnation of them.

We are not to worship angels; which is why they don't worship Jesus, because they believe He is Michael. That is their major flaw. But it is not willful rebelliousness, it is ignorance.
I really don't think that substituting the cross for a torture stake can forfeit your soul. That Jesus died for our sins, His blood shed is what washes us.
I do not believe that using the name Jehovah and replacing LORD 7000 times, even if it is wrong can forfeit your soul. God is given many names. And even if they get up to heaven (which many believe is full) and find out it was really the pre-incarnate Son of God who spoke to Moses, (the Great"I AM"), He won't hold it against them. Hence, the name applies to Him and not the Father, (Who prefers to be called Father), so that will not damn them either.
Their ignorance about the Holy Spirit may be crossing the line, blasphemy? But We are all ignorant to many things about God and it is not our ignorance that damns us, it is our rejection of Christ that does. And you claim they believe in a different Christ? A different concept, yes, but not what Christ did, they believe those things and are obedient to how we are to live. Isn't that what belief is, that you do what He says? Otherwise you are just talking the talk right?
Rejecting Holidays, transfusions, voting, politics, war even the entire body does not forfeit your soul. It surely disables and deprives them of many joys in life and maybe life itself.
Look at he major flaw of Judaism -- they have not recognized their true Messiah, yet their eyes will be opened when every eye sees Him. (Rom.11)
As we enter into the Great Tribulation and these events unfold, false beliefs will be corrected. When it is over, all false religions, philosophies, lies and misintereptatiins will be dissolved. Those who lived by them will say, oh ....,oops.
There may be those in Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam who have been on the fence with Jesus, maybe they secretly tucked Him away in a special place in their hearts; but have continued because of family, who would ostracized them or whatever reason.
Their eyes will,be opened quickly and they may drop their religions in a flash and call out to Jesus. ???
So we do not know the extant of God's mercy on all these peoples. Don't damn them yet! It is not your job.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, They do not worship Jesus, they worship the Father, whose name was formulated in the 16th Century by adding vowels to the tetragrammaton.

>>I realize all those things you mentioned except your damnation of them.

We are not to worship angels; which is why they don't worship Jesus, because they believe He is Michael. That is their major flaw. But it is not willful rebelliousness, it is ignorance.
I really don't think that substituting the cross for a torture stake can forfeit your soul. That Jesus died for our sins, His blood shed is what washes us.
I do not believe that using the name Jehovah and replacing LORD 7000 times, even if it is wrong can forfeit your soul. God is given many names. And even if they get up to heaven (which many believe is full) and find out it was really the pre-incarnate Son of God who spoke to Moses, (the Great"I AM"), He won't hold it against them. Hence, the name applies to Him and not the Father, (Who prefers to be called Father), so that will not damn them either.
Their ignorance about the Holy Spirit may be crossing the line, blasphemy? But We are all ignorant to many things about God and it is not our ignorance that damns us, it is our rejection of Christ that does. And you claim they believe in a different Christ? A different concept, yes, but not what Christ did, they believe those things and are obedient to how we are to live. Isn't that what belief is, that you do what He says? Otherwise you are just talking the talk right?
Rejecting Holidays, transfusions, voting, politics, war even the entire body does not forfeit your soul. It surely disables and deprives them of many joys in life and maybe life itself.
Look at he major flaw of Judaism -- they have not recognized their true Messiah, yet their eyes will be opened when every eye sees Him. (Rom.11)
As we enter into the Great Tribulation and these events unfold, false beliefs will be corrected. When it is over, all false religions, philosophies, lies and misintereptatiins will be dissolved. Those who lived by them will say, oh ....,oops.
There may be those in Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam who have been on the fence with Jesus, maybe they secretly tucked Him away in a special place in their hearts; but have continued because of family, who would ostracized them or whatever reason.
Their eyes will,be opened quickly and they may drop their religions in a flash and call out to Jesus. ???
So we do not know the extant of God's mercy on all these peoples. Don't damn them yet! It is not your job.
That they DO NOT WORSHIP JESUS is enough to show they are not truly Christians. Jesus is God and is to be worshipped as God. Therefore, anyone who rejects Jesus's deity is not worshipping God. It is not ignorance when the truth is at their fingertips. Refusing to hear or see the truth when you are completely able, and have been able to ever since Charles Taze Russell created his cult, is not ignorance, it is utter rebellion.

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Luke 4:8)

Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹna, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.” (Matthew 16:16-17)

Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ. (Matthew 16:20)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thought this video might get you spiritually thinking.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That they DO NOT WORSHIP JESUS is enough to show they are not truly Christians. Jesus is God and is to be worshipped as God. Therefore, anyone who rejects Jesus's deity is not worshipping God. It is not ignorance when the truth is at their fingertips. Refusing to hear or see the truth when you are completely able, and have been able to ever since Charles Taze Russell created his cult, is not ignorance, it is utter rebellion.
?:( Prayers that enlightenment come to them.
If Jesus appeared at their JW meeting, would they smile, be happy, give him a hug, listen and obey Him or throw rocks at him, curse Him and throw Him out? He is their teacher, their friend, they just don't see deeper in a spiritual sense. Heck , they don't believe their spirit is the essence of who they are, the invisible person who at death ascends to heaven. So it is a partial blindness.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Luke 4:8)

Jesus stated, "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24)
  • Jesus NEVER stated God is three modes of nature....
  • Jesus NEVER stated God is three separate persons...
  • Jesus NEVER stated God is triune multi-natured...
  • Jesus NEVER stated God is a man...
Jesus stated God is One Nature... "God is a Spirit" "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (Matthew 4:23)

Jehovah Witnesses are true Christians who worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with spirit and truth.
‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ (Part I)
‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ (Part II)

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus stated, "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24)
Jesus stated God is One Nature... "God is a Spirit" "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him." (Matthew 4:23)

Jehovah Witnesses are true Christians who worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with spirit and truth.
‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ (Part I)
‘For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ’ (Part II)
Interesting that you call Father: God, and you call Jesus: god, and you claim you worship both. So, you worship two God's, not one. That is called polytheism and is unbiblical.

Worship instead the one true God that consists of three distinct persons: Father Son and Holy Spirit.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you possess the Greek Interlineary New Testament? There is not one mention of the name Jehovah. JESUS NEVER UTTERED THAT NAME. JW's added that name to the NWT, substituting it for the LORD. Nor did He utter the name Yahweh either. He referred to His Father as Father.
Those names are manufactured from adding vowels to the Tetragrammaton YHWH. Adonai is Lord, so they inserted those vowels.
Besides, the pre-incarnate Christ, who is God spoke to Moses and appeared and spoke to the Prophets throughout the Old Testament. In Exodus 3:14, God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
That was an introduction to Who God was t8 be filled in at a later time when Jesus would come.
I am the Bread of Life;
I am the Good Shepherd;
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life;
I am the Resurrection and the Life;
I am the Doorway;
I am the Vine;
I am th Alpha and the Omega;
I am He (the Savior, the Messiah, the One who spoke to you, the One who desired together you as a hen gathers her chicks, but you were not willing.)
There, you see, He filled in the blanks of Who the Great I Am is.

[/QUOTE/]
He is not three modes of nature, He created nature (Col. 1:16, 17)
He said I and the Father are one. You claim Jesus is deity, God. Man begets man, animal begets animal, but here is the tricky part that Jesus did not regard as something that man would grasp. God became a man and dwelt among us. God's Spirit is One and in Christ. Each individual has a spirit, whether it is dead or alive. GOD IS SPIRIT, GOD IS ONE. HENCE Jesus and the Father are One as well as the Holy Spirit. ONE GOD. You however claim the Father is the Almighty God but also Jesus is a lesser created god, the archangel Michael, which implies all the angels are also gods as well, making your religion polytheistic. Hindus believe in many gods too. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed in many gods.

"If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." If Jesus was not equal to God, that would be a blasphemous statement. As a matter of fact, the Pharisees understood that Jesus implied equality with Hod whichbis whybtheybaccused Him of blasphemy. He said, Before Abraham was, I Am. This was cleary a reference to His statement in Exodus 3:14.
"I and the Father are One" would also be blasphemy if He wasn't equal to His Father. Scripture states that He us the EXACT RADIANCE OF HIS GLORY, THE EXACT REFLECTION AND ESSENCE OF GOD. Angels can't claim that, they were created. Hebrews 1 clearly distinguishes Jesus as above the angels and that none of them can claim to be the Father's Son. The FATHER addresses Jesus as "O God ..."
Jesus has all authority in heaven and in earth. Only an almighty God can handle that. It requires omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.
Jesus _ IF he was Michael, an angel _ would never claimn all those "I am declarations" above. He would never draw attention himself and say believe in me and you will have life. An angel or a prophet would draw attention to the Father and declare the Father as being the Way, the Truth, the Life, etc., etc., etc.

Last edited:

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you possess the Greek Interlineary New Testament? There is not one mention of the name Jehovah. JESUS NEVER UTTERED HIS NAME. JW's added that name to the NWT, substituting it for the LORD. Nor did He utter the name Yahweh either. He referred to His Father as Father.
Those names are manufactured from adding vowels to the Tetragrammaton YHWH. Adonai is Lord, so they inserted those vowels.
Besides, the pre-incarnate Christ, who is God spoke to Moses and appeared and spoke to the Prophets throughout the Old Testament. In Exodus 3:14, God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
That was an introduction to Who God was t8 be filled in at a later time when Jesus would come.
I am the Bread of Life;
I am the Good Shepherd;
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life;
I am the Resurrection and the Life;
I am the Doorway;
I am the Vine;
I am th Alpha and the Omega;
I am He (the Savior, the Messiah, the One who spoke to you, the One who desired together you as a hen gathers her chicks, but you were not willing.)
There, you see, He filled in the blanks of Who the Great I Am is.

He is not three modes of nature, He created nature (Col. 1:16, 17)
He said I and the Father are one. You claim Jesus is deity, God. Man begets man, animal begets animal, but here is the tricky part that Jesus did not regard as something that man would grasp. God became a man and dwelt among us. God's Spirit is One and in Christ. Each individual has a spirit, whether it is dead or alive. GOD IS SPIRIT, GOD IS ONE. HENCE Jesus and the Father are One as well as the Holy Spirit. ONE GOD. You however claim the Father is the Almighty God but also Jesus is a lesser created god, the archangel Michael, which implies all the angels are also gods as well, making your religion polytheistic. Hindus believe in many gods too. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed in many gods.

"If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." If Jesus was not equal to God, that would be a blasphemous statement. As a matter of fact, the Pharisees understood that Jesus implied equality with Hod whichbis whybtheybaccused Him of blasphemy. He said, Before Abraham was, I Am. This was cleary a reference to His statement in Exodus 3:14.
"I and the Father are One" would also be blasphemy if He wasn't equal to His Father. Scripture states that He us the EXACT RADIANCE OF HIS GLORY, THE EXACT REFLECTION AND ESSENCE OF GOD. Angels can't claim that, they were created. Hebrews 1 clearly distinguishes Jesus as above the angels and that none of them can claim to be the Father's Son. The FATHER addresses Jesus as "O God ..."
Jesus has all authority in heaven and in earth. Only an almighty God can handle that. It requires omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.
Jesus _ IF he was Michael, an angel _ would never claimn all those "I am declarations" above. He would never draw attention himself and say believe in me and you will have life. An angel or a prophet would draw attention to the Father and declare the Father as being the Way, the Truth, the Life, etc., etc., etc.
Excellent. Well done.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because He anointed Me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free, to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year.” With that he rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him. Then he began to say to them: “Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.” (Luke 4:18) He quoted (Isaiah 61:1-2)

The eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him because Jesus Christ, the Son of God, uttered his Father's Name with Perfect Pronunciation. Something the Jews forbade. The Jews also forbade Christ to heal and restore sick people on the sabbath.

"Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you SENT me. I have Made Your Name Known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them." (John 17:25-26)

There goes the theory of the Pagan teaching of Incantation.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because He anointed Me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free, to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year.” With that he rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him. Then he began to say to them: “Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.” (Luke 4:18) He quoted (Isaiah 61:1-2)

The eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him because Jesus Christ, the Son of God, uttered his Father's Name with Perfect Pronunciation. Something the Jews forbade. The Jews also forbade Christ to heal and restore sick people on the sabbath.

"Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you SENT me. I have Made Your Name Known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them." (John 17:25-26)

There goes the theory of the Pagan teaching of Incantation.
You still haven't answered my question: if the JW's are anti-political , why is the Watchtower Society an associate member of the evil united nations?