Why do people believe in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace and Salvation, are inseparable.
What do you think Grace does, what is the effect of Grace?
Do you think people earn God's Grace by their works or is Grace a gift?
Do people believe in Christ through Grace?
Do people stand in the Christian faith through Grace alone through God alone, or by a work on their part.
Do all people unsaved and saved have the gift of God's Grace?

Acts 15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

Acts 18:27
And when he desired to cross to Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him; and when he arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace;

1 Peter 5:12
Farewell and Peace
By Silvanus, our faithful brother as I consider him, I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand.

1 Peter 1:10
Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it works like THIS from HEAVEN looking down:

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2 (ESV)​

... and I think that it works like THIS from MAN looking up:

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. - Acts 2 (ESV)

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” - Romans 10 (ESV)​

Two sides of the same coin:

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed." - Acts 13 (ESV)

"One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul." - Acts 16 (ESV)​

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. 1 Corinthians 1:3
    Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 1 Corinthians 1:4
    Spiritual Gifts at Corinth
    I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus,
  3. 1 Corinthians 3:10
    According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
  4. 1 Corinthians 15:10
    But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Believers have Grace and peace from God of course
Grace of God is gifted to us by Christ
According to the Grace of God give to us, we do good works
But by the Grace of God you are what you are, no grace for you means you will not believe in Christ.

Our salvation begins with Grace, nothing else is involved. Because of the Grace gifted to us we believe through Grace, and God accomplishes His purposes and will through his Grace given to us.
God's Grace determines who we are in Christ, but each one of us is responsible for how they build upon that foundation.

Before our salvation, our wills and minds are bound to Satan and Sin.
But when Christ makes us free, by His Grace, we are bound to another, that is God.
And we have our fruit set to holiness and eternal life.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do people believe in Christ.
This implies man(people) do the believing.
Calvinist believe Man cannot believe without God directly giving each individual faith by a miraculous work of the Holy Spirit.

If the calvinist belief of total depravity be true.
Then people believe only because God wants them to believe.
Therefore no totally depraved person would ever desire to believe because they are incapable physically and spiritually. The choice is not ours but Gods in calvinism.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do people trust Christ?

Why do Jews trust YHWH?

Why do Muslims trust Allah?

Why did my college buddy's roommate trust those silly-@$$ed magic crystals? Sheesh.

Why do people trust anything or anybody?

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do people stand in the Christian faith through Grace alone through God alone, or by a work on their part.

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

And when he desired to cross to Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him; and when he arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace;

Farewell and Peace
By Silvanus, our faithful brother as I consider him, I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
One thing I find notable about Jesus is that he spoke the truth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do people believe in Christ?
From what I can tell, it's a pretty good option!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Farewell and Peace

Grace comes upon the one given such through Jesus Christ Salvation. one has to know Him, then Grace comes to light within one abiding in the Vine.

Another point that could be made is, One may want you to do X,Y and Z but that is not how such truly works, the one will do such due to the Holy Spirit freely and willingly in regards to the Holy Spirit. So it not you that does such, regardless of what such maybe. but is as one willing to make that in face of the odds.
So lets say I do not want to do X, Y or Z and I do not like Z and I do not think that X is worthy of my regards and Y I do not like ? but I will walk in Christ regardless of what comes, for I know that they the poor devils do not know what they do truly in fact, for they lack the Holy Spirit.

Remember Jesus forgave them that put him on the cross ? that's the majority of the Mob ? for they knew not what they do ? Now That's Grace right their in your face for a start.

True Forgiveness is a powerful and great tool at ones disposal under God ? such is Grace !

Now as to one who can not forgive regardless in relation to understanding the Stain of original Sin has no Grace. such is Carnal ! and Lost to the Holy Spirit. They are strife and there whole world is bound to that ends. I have seen this in many people they are like 5 year old brats regardless, they just can not get off that ends, they are savage like wild Dogs or can be like a precious Mutt crying foul to their own worldly ends = Satan !

As to a Nation ? well we did have a Christian Nation once ! and we were under Grace as such in as to the governance had high regard to Christ Jesus, but within their were still the un Godly but they were in the minority, so Grace abound in the Nation as a whole.
But nowadays the balance has fallen to a Godless people within our Nations, for the Churches have sold out themselves to the Beast !

Man is a Beast ? it's number is 666 and the number 6 represents one short form God ! we were made in the image of God but one short of God and we need God or we are Nothing but a stupid Beast a Curse ! Strife ! Look at History, were Grace does not abound you have Strife !

Spiritual Grace is not grace or poise that carnal people will put on such a face or façade in order to create an appearance they wish to portray them selves as. Such as that trash is only a mans works value and you will see all the carnal trash get on that train.

Grace is a saturation of the Holy Spirit within everything that is abiding in the Vine, there for she bears Fruit.
Christ Jesus came so that We would have Life abundantly ! now that does not mean as in a Carnal stooges mindset would think, fast cars and loose women etc But under God ! Worthy of Gods People ! Israel in fact as Jesus said of Nathaniel.