Why Do People Believe In This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have now read through this entire thread. I see that the majority is Paul talking to Jane about Mormonism - and the thing about Jesus and Mary Magdalen e being married is a rather late addition to the thread.

Reactions: April_Rose

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet - the OP and earliest posts were on the "Jesus and Mary Magdalene" idea - then the thread went Mormon - and now lately comes back to Jesus marrying Mary Magdalene.

I will expand my signature if I can remember even more usernames from my past.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least here, Jane can say she is a Christian.
Honestly that's part of the reason I'm hear at not somewhere else. I'm a disciple of Christ, and I'm not going to dance around saying that because of some pig-headed rule set. That doesn't mean that I'm going to "pretend" to be Protestant or something silly like that-- I'm not that for a reason. I'm an LDS Christian. And I do enjoy talking to other Christians too, including the subtypes of Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, etc.

Reactions: amadeus

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was always uncomfortable having a Forum Rule that Mormons were not Christians.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane - did they ever get Moroni's trumpet put back on? I remember when it fell off during a storm...
Background here for folks: the Salt Lake Temple (one of 150+ temples around the world) needed some updating to be better protected against earthquakes, which Salt Lake does occasionally get. And while you're doing extensive renovating, you might as well update the AC, wi-fi, plumbing, and etc. which all could use updating anyways. So the Church closed the Salt Lake temple for an estimated ~4 years to do all of these renovations.

A the top of the temple is a statue of a guy trumpeting. Part of the planned earthquake renovations was to take the statue down and get it fixed up. Hilariously, ~three days before the scheduled take-down, a earthquake actually did happen, and the trumpet actually got dislodged and fell off (no major damage anywhere on the temple). We all got a huge laugh out of it, and they took the whole statue down three days later as scheduled. It'll eventually go back up when the renovations are done.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was and is married!
The holy church is His bride come down from heaven! Rev 21:2
Holy mother church, the new or heavenly Jerusalem our mother! Gal 4