Why Do People Believe In This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This came up in another topic and I wasn't sure where to put it so hopefully here's good since it's not from regular Christian doctrine and it isn't in the Bible. How do people believe that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children with her? Some people even claim to be descendants from them. Weird. I would just see it as incest of Christ marrying His own child and having children with them then. :/ (I wonder what His DNA looked like though.) @Grailhunter.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol We are children of God...in more than one sense....But God the Father did not have an incestual relationship when He impregnated Mary....Miriam ...her real name.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This came up in another topic and I wasn't sure where to put it so hopefully here's good since it's not from regular Christian doctrine and it isn't in the Bible. How do people believe that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children with her? Some people even claim to be descendants from them. Weird. I would just see it as incest of Christ marrying His own child and having children with them then. :/ (I wonder what His DNA looked like though.) @Grailhunter.

And those that believe that Christ married Mary Magdalene and had children....site extra-biblical books and sources. Sorry forgot to put Magdalene to that. lol

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol We are children of God...in more than one sense....But God the Father did have an incestual relationship when He impregnated Mary....Miriam ...her real name.

Where does it say that in the Bible? (Not the part about being God's children the incest part.)

Reactions: Renniks

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i dont mean to derail this, but why is it such a big deal to so many to suggest Jesus got married? if someone suggested Jesus committed murder, worshiped other gods, taught you could buy your way into heaven, these ideas could be offensive. i dont see why marriage would be so offensive to people.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont mean to derail this, but why is it such a big deal to so many to suggest Jesus got married?

Cause for one it isn't biblical and two,.. why would He marry His own child?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is marriage unbiblical?
i dont get the whole marry His own child thing, what are you talking about?

Cause for one nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christ got married and for two,.. we're all of His children so umm,.. yeah. o_O

Reactions: 101G

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Cause for one nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christ got married and for two,.. we're all of His children so umm,.. yeah. o_O

i dont think you understand what i am asking. im not asking if He was married. im asking why is the idea of Jesus being married such an offensive idea.
yeah well we are all brothers and sisters as well but when i said children i was referring to physical offspring as in a man and women have a child kinda thing.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah well we are all brothers and sisters as well but when i said children i was referring to physical offspring as in a man and women have a child kinda thing.

So that would mean that He would have children with His children.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that mean all husbands marry their sisters?

In a biblical sense I guess so,.. but that's sort of different. I mean we all can be traced back to Adam and Eve at some point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is marriage unbiblical?
i dont get the whole marry His own child thing, what are you talking about?
Marriage is not unbiblical? but there is no command that you have to.
and two he did not come to get married, he has a bride already..

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say that in the Bible? (Not the part about being God's children the incest part.)

Excuse me! That should be....did not....have an incestual relationship when He impregnated Mary....Miriam ...her real name.
Sorry about that.
It is a statement not a scripture. And I corrected it.
The point being that in a sense we are children of God, but God did not commit incest when He impregnated Miriam.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me! That should be....did not....have an incestual relationship when He impregnated Mary....Miriam ...her real name.
Sorry about that.
It is a statement not a scripture. And I corrected it.
The point being that in a sense we are children of God, but God did not commit incest when He impregnated Miriam.

Oh that's okay LOL mistakes are really funny sometimes. XD

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well I reject that thtought as Jesus did not come down to start a family.

but to be Devils Advocate, one could hypothesize that jesus used His humanity to marry Mary and had children with His humanity not His divinity. don'rt ask me how that would work for I do nt believe it, but I am sure that is similar to the concept they must present.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I reject that thtought as Jesus did not come down to start a family.

but to be Devils Advocate, one could hypothesize that jesus used His humanity to marry Mary and had children with His humanity not His divinity. don'rt ask me how that would work for I do nt believe it, but I am sure that is similar to the concept they must present.

Well I don't know about the devil's advocate but I agree with everything else you're saying.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette