Why do Protestants have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the thing you need to control others huh!.......very convenient.
The Bible does in fact, speak against the existence of denominations. As Paul stated in 1 Cor. 1, Christ's true church is

- not divided
- united in the same mind, doctrines, and judgement

This isn't a pro-Catholic statement, but Protestants simply cannot reconcile the existence of a multitude of fragmented groups that disagree with each other with what the Bible teaches in 1 Cor 1. Jesus only has 1 church in this world, and that church preaches and practices the exact same doctrines. The fact that Protestant sects ironically disagree with each other despite their "Sola Scriptura" slogan says a lot about the lack of credibility in that religion.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again: How do YOU define worship?

Because us Christians (along with God and Jesus) that do "worship" her we do it in the way that the dictionary defines worship: respect, honor, or devotion. It seems you don't agree that God and Jesus respected her, Honored her and were devoted to her. After all, she was “highly favored” (Luke 1.28). Out of respect for her He performed his first miracle at her request even after he told her his time hadn't come.

curious Mary

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again: How do YOU define worship?

Not in the manner that you are implying, that justifies your worship of her.

I think that the 1st and 2nd commandments in Ex. 20 is quit clear in its intent with respect to worshipping Mary.

But I am not interested in this conversation or want to join you in becoming a troll like you to win a point no matter what its relevance is.

Good Bye for now.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
who said to worship Mary?

what church teaches such a thing?

Then why do many RC pray to Mary? Don't they have a direct connection to God through their own belief in Jesus, such that they do not need Mary and the other declared "saints" to intercede on their own behalf?

It sounds like pagan practices to me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do many RC pray to Mary? Don't they have a direct connection to God through their own belief in Jesus, such that they do not need Mary and the other declared "saints" to intercede on their own behalf?

prayer is not worship
Our prayers are directed to God thru the intercession of Mary and the saints James 5:16 rev 5:8

Jesus Christ is the only savior
He alone merited all graces and they are given to us thru Mary the mother of divine grace and mercy!

heb 4:16 is Mary’s throne

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the manner that you are implying, that justifies your worship of her.

I think that the 1st and 2nd commandments in Ex. 20 is quit clear in its intent with respect to worshipping Mary.

But I am not interested in this conversation or want to join you in becoming a troll like you to win a point no matter what its relevance is.

Good Bye for now.
Lol...Hold on, hold on dodgeball.

You made a statement that the worship of previous ancestors is a pagan activity! So I asked you how you define worship. You didn't answer....so I asked you again. Instead of answering the question to clarify a statement that YOU made you suggest I am a troll??? o_O

Translation: Jay Ross can't defend what he said so he decides to "punt"...as they say.

You crack me up.....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Images are not forbidden, such as the cherubim on the ark of the covenant exod 25:18 and the bronze serpent num 21:9 and Jn 3:14 are not forbidden but even commanded, graven or worshiped as a god then these images are forbidden such as the golden calf!

Bowing down or posture does not equal worship or adoration!

Worship requires intent!
You must have the intent to worship God properly!

Worship requires intent, offering of sacrifice, a ordained priesthood, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving, and petition!

Bowing or posture does not equal worship! Kneeling next to your bed to pray is that worshiping your bed?

Genesis 23:12
And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land.

Genesis 42:6
And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.

Bowing a sign of obedience!

Genesis 43:28
And they answered, Thy servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they bowed down their heads, and made obeisance.

1 Kings 1:53
So king Solomon sent, and they brought him down from the altar. And he came and bowed himself to king Solomon: and Solomon said unto him, Go to thine house.

1 Kings 2:19
Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her

If you kneel next to your bed to say your prayers at night are you worshiping your bed? No!

I have been a catholic all my life and I’m 60 and I have never worshiped Mary or the saints or a statute!

Reverence, veneration, love and devotion yes! Worship no!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But, and I say a big but, that is not what you are doing. Is the RCC the only denomination that has God's truth? Does your rhetoric really draw people into the loving arms of Christ?

Shalom
No it doesn't. And I myself have had some pretty long 'conversations' with theefaith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are wasting our time talking to @theefaith. He is more interested in defending the RCC stance on Mary's all powerful, perpetual virginity that he is in finding the truth. But we can hope. (and pray)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

prayer is not worship
Our prayers are directed to God thru the intercession of Mary and the saints James 5:16 rev 5:8

Jesus Christ is the only savior
He alone merited all graces and they are given to us thru Mary the mother of divine grace and mercy!

heb 4:16 is Mary’s throne

You have just confirmed your idolatrous worship of Mary as your means gaining the second death at the final judgement time. Your arguments are pointless for a true Christian.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mm....I'm sure you are capable of conversation instead of a litany of accusations.
I am sure you are capable of conversation also. Do you think your oft trolling comments are a conversation starter?

curious Mary

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am sure you are capable of conversation also. Do you think your oft trolling comments are a conversation starter?

curious Mary
I don't know why my questions or comments are seen or heard as threats.
Could it be because they just don't fit into the paradigm you appear stuck in?.....that's a simple enough question isn't it?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol...Hold on, hold on dodgeball.

You made a statement that the worship of previous ancestors is a pagan activity! So I asked you how you define worship. You didn't answer....so I asked you again. Instead of answering the question to clarify a statement that YOU made you suggest I am a troll??? o_O

Translation: Jay Ross can't defend what he said so he decides to "punt"...as they say.

You crack me up.....

A false argument is your means of a put down of another member. I did provide an answer in that I said, according to the scriptures, that we are not to worship anyone else but God, without saying how I worship. If we are not supposed to worship anyone else but God, then I have answered your question. Your hounding for a response that you require, to satisfy you, is why I described you as a troll.

Mary, this conversation is over because you are a person with unreasonable expectations that people should agree with you, with your defence of the deadly practices of the RCC with respect to the becoming a candidate for the second death.

Good Bye.