Why Do Some People Get Healed When Others Don't ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
so tell me whats is wrong here.if we can add years to our lives here, :eek: how can they be numbered? :) religion will make excusses but true faith hope patience brings results.if lazerith had not arose from the tumb i heard here what they would of said.MUST OF BEEN HIS TIME. just saying,GODS word needs no excuss :rolleyes:

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Do Some People Get Healed And Others Don't?

I truly don't know... :huh: but God does...we know that life is in the palm of God's hands. It is he who has numbered our days. He knows our beginning from our end. wrong attitude

Thank you Angelina..my husband died of a brain tumor even though I prayed and had faith...so when I pray now, I still have faith that God will answer, but I leave it up to Him as to how He wants to do it. God will always answer in one of three ways : yes, no, or not now. wrong attitude

We rarely know ehn it is our time to die.I just pray that I don't die suddenly or alone, and to die in a state of Grace. wrong attitude

We all have a time to go. It's not a matter of faith how long you live, or what you die of. Both may have had the same faith, but, also, if you pray in faith, you pray, "YOUR will be done!" wrong attitude

As for the rest, who aren't dying, but just hurt or crippled. It's a fact that through our weakness the Lord is strong. Sometimes we have infirmities just to help us get closer to the Lord. If I have something wrong with me that makes me a better person, and helps me depend on the Lord, Why would God want to get rid of that? wrong attitude

i am involved in healing all the time. what is posted with wrong attitude attached is unbelief speaking. the word teaches that out of the heart the mouth speaks. when we truely believe then that is what comes out of our mouth. life and death are in the power of the tongue. speaking death(names like lazy, stupid, no good, i wish you were never born and ect) is not speaking life. and this scripture can be stated another also like truth(life) and lies(death) are in the power of the tongue. scripture also shows that God gives us power as he sees fit. when we life an obediant and willful lifestyle for God then God will draw near to us and the closer we get to God the more power we recieve from on high.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and God does not love one person more then another. i have found that the closer you are in your relationship with God and know where you stand in Christ the more healings take place. most christians i have found are lukewarm. they profess and believe in Christ as their savior but are not willing to follow God's plan for their life. every promise in the bible comes with a condition and if the conditions are not met then how do you expect to be able to live the promises. God can interceed for us where he can work miracles in ours lives but the word teaches that God gave us everything we need to be victorious in Christ. but the question is if we really want to learn and take the time necessary to make it happen in your life. the word teaches that sin is easy but walking righteous is tough. if walking righteously were easy then everyone would be doing it but it is not happening. walking righteously takes a conscience effort until it becomes a way of life. we started in sin and it is all we know so now that we have been reborn in Christ we need to learn to change our ways of thinking to become Godly. for example swearing was easy for me before i was saved but afterwards it took a conscience effort for me to remember to watch what i say. now i have no problem with it at all because i am victorious in that area but there are a lot of other areas i need to become victorious in and it is a fight to get free from those sins.

WhiteKnuckle says

I also think of some of the Apostles "infirmities" Paul in perticular who prayed 3 times for the Lord to take it away, and was told, "My grace is sufficent for you." This is the same man that through Christ healed the sick, the dying, and the crippled. Who also told Timothy (I think it was Tim) to have a little wine because of his health. Think about that one.

if you wish i can explain this but you misunderstand what is being said. this took research to find the truth because on the surface you are right it sounds confusing.

go with God

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Why Do Some People Get Healed And Others Don't?

I truly don't know... :huh: but God does...we know that life is in the palm of God's hands. It is he who has numbered our days. He knows our beginning from our end. wrong attitude

Thank you Angelina..my husband died of a brain tumor even though I prayed and had faith...so when I pray now, I still have faith that God will answer, but I leave it up to Him as to how He wants to do it. God will always answer in one of three ways : yes, no, or not now. wrong attitude

We rarely know ehn it is our time to die.I just pray that I don't die suddenly or alone, and to die in a state of Grace. wrong attitude

We all have a time to go. It's not a matter of faith how long you live, or what you die of. Both may have had the same faith, but, also, if you pray in faith, you pray, "YOUR will be done!" wrong attitude

As for the rest, who aren't dying, but just hurt or crippled. It's a fact that through our weakness the Lord is strong. Sometimes we have infirmities just to help us get closer to the Lord. If I have something wrong with me that makes me a better person, and helps me depend on the Lord, Why would God want to get rid of that? wrong attitude

i am involved in healing all the time. what is posted with wrong attitude attached is unbelief speaking. the word teaches that out of the heart the mouth speaks. when we truely believe then that is what comes out of our mouth. life and death are in the power of the tongue. speaking death(names like lazy, stupid, no good, i wish you were never born and ect) is not speaking life. and this scripture can be stated another also like truth(life) and lies(death) are in the power of the tongue. scripture also shows that God gives us power as he sees fit. when we life an obediant and willful lifestyle for God then God will draw near to us and the closer we get to God the more power we recieve from on high.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and God does not love one person more then another. i have found that the closer you are in your relationship with God and know where you stand in Christ the more healings take place. most christians i have found are lukewarm. they profess and believe in Christ as their savior but are not willing to follow God's plan for their life. every promise in the bible comes with a condition and if the conditions are not met then how do you expect to be able to live the promises. God can interceed for us where he can work miracles in ours lives but the word teaches that God gave us everything we need to be victorious in Christ. but the question is if we really want to learn and take the time necessary to make it happen in your life. the word teaches that sin is easy but walking righteous is tough. if walking righteously were easy then everyone would be doing it but it is not happening. walking righteously takes a conscience effort until it becomes a way of life. we started in sin and it is all we know so now that we have been reborn in Christ we need to learn to change our ways of thinking to become Godly. for example swearing was easy for me before i was saved but afterwards it took a conscience effort for me to remember to watch what i say. now i have no problem with it at all because i am victorious in that area but there are a lot of other areas i need to become victorious in and it is a fight to get free from those sins.

WhiteKnuckle says

I also think of some of the Apostles "infirmities" Paul in perticular who prayed 3 times for the Lord to take it away, and was told, "My grace is sufficent for you." This is the same man that through Christ healed the sick, the dying, and the crippled. Who also told Timothy (I think it was Tim) to have a little wine because of his health. Think about that one.

if you wish i can explain this but you misunderstand what is being said. this took research to find the truth because on the surface you are right it sounds confusing.

go with God

I hear you and not one hour of the day goes by that I do not want to believe for healing for someone! But when I think it is happening and it does not then it is not my unbelief. So not yet, but then the person dies! So now what? So then I have to question my belief and even my salvation. So then I think well I must be wrong! But it is not about me! But when My desire is so strong and always there, then what? Why do miracles happen some times but not all the time?

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Dear Shirley, I don't think we are ever at fault when the loved one we stood in faith for dies anyway. I thought it was my fault, that somehow I did'nt pray hard enough or I was'nt special enough to have a miracle happen to my husband. It took me a while not to be mad at God. It was a painful, painful time but looking back now, I can see God's hand bringing me through it all...kind of like that poem Footprints.Feel free to PM me anytime...hugs from Heaven

Reactions: Shirley

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
So when we have faith someone will be healed and they die I guess we could still say they were healed as they have no more pain and suffering when they die in Christ. How though, do we keep faith when we see it not happening. How do you give faith to a person or should i say help a person believe God will heal them when sometimes he does not. I am struggling with this right now.

But He has healed them, their heart has been healed and they have been healed from the death of this world...Has nothing to do with how much faith we or they have..small as a mustard seed is all we need..we can not give someone faith, we can asked the Lord to give them more faith, but we can obey Him and pray, we can declare healing in His name and believe the rest is up to Him..we can stand on His Word and use the authority He has given us to pray and declare healing..It is His decision wherther He heals or not, but we can pray peace and love over them and pound the Heavens for them...

Reactions: Shirley

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sooo sorry I didn't have time to read a thing here - just stopped in -then saw this topic.

I should probably share this as inspiration and to glorify God to all you lovers of God... Less than 2 weeks ago I was asked to visit or sit with a dying acquaintance bec no one was going that day probably. I was told she was on a heart pump and lung pump keeping her alive in a coma.
I stayed 3 hours dabbing her drool and keeping her warm. I spoke to her spirit that could have been out of body - (I read alot of NDEs)...I got 2 calls.. "Have you done a healing yet?" No.
(I thought she was dying - I didn't want her to be a vegetable and I'm into the blessing of 'crossing over'.) But now, I felt I had to, so I did before I left.
The next morning I got the call - "It's a miracle. She's conscious, off her pumps, talking and smiling." Well, but, of course. I'd be surprised if she wasn't...I didn't say this.
As of a few days ago she is happy and progressing famously. Well, of course, again bec I said - 'completely' - I meant completely healed... no mind/brain problems - totally healed.
Thank you Holy Spirit. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Christians are very sick...they both pray for healing...one lives but the other dies...Why is that ? Is it because the one had more faith than the other, or one had sin in their life, or maybe it was God's will. We know that God is no respector of persons, so why did'nt they both get healed ?
Two Christians are very sick...they both pray for healing...one lives but the other dies...Why is that ? Is it because the one had more faith than the other, or one had sin in their life, or maybe it was God's will. We know that God is no respector of persons, so why did'nt they both get healed ?

Darn, I wish I had more time to explain this thoroughly.
So let me just say - all your questions can be answered by a book
called, "Answered Prayers Guaranteed" by Dr. Frederick Price.
Also, so much can be found explaining healing at Andrew Wommack's site -I think it is www.awmi.net

I can vouch for both of their answers and insights. I have incorporated both of their teachings for years as a healer.
;)

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Darn, I wish I had more time to explain this thoroughly.
So let me just say - all your questions can be answered by a book
called, "Answered Prayers Guaranteed" by Dr. Frederick Price.
Also, so much can be found explaining healing at Andrew Wommack's site -I think it is www.awmi.net

I can vouch for both of their answers and insights. I have incorporated both of their teachings for years as a healer.
;)
I am familiar with both Dr. Price and Brother Wommack but I don't know if anything is ' Guaranteed '.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am familiar with both Dr. Price and Brother Wommack but I don't know if anything is ' Guaranteed '.
Trust me when I say this...NEVER leave room for any doubt in your mind.
You can take that to the bank.
xxoo

Reactions: gregg

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is healed and it has nothing to do with their level of faith
Hi Holly,

I'm not sure why you said that .. to me... I will never and have never said
that healing has anything to do with a person's level of faith...if someone was talking about levels...
it takes a mustard seed amount.

A person's belief is another thing entirely...and it took me a long long time
to comprehend that.

I still remain with...never leave room for doubt in your mind, nothing is impossible with God, never be double minded.
Say or think what you will ...nothing will
ever sway me from that.

Ever.

Take care,
:)Miss Hepburn

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
We must see that God uses death, and disease even for his own purposes, and that healing is not necessarily an entitlement within the atonement itself. I know the scripture " By His stripes we ARE healed!", but does that mean one and all at all times?. Just because this is written, can we own it as our possession? ..or, does it belong to God and we receive it, as He chooses.

" And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath."

God passes by many sick, and His purposes are above the need of the individual, even the faithful.

" Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof."

There was never a hint of why? Elisha was allowed to perish from disease, but he did. God had a greater plan.

Sometimes, there are very apparent reasons why people do not get healed.

" For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

"For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep."

Weak and sickly mean diseased; "SLEEP" means die. Why? "Not discerning the body of Christ, in which we ALL our members." This discernment means how we love, or do not love, or respect, even the least of the brethren. Have we disrespected a meek or poor member of God's Holy church, and brushed them off, as a nobody? Have we refused to show mercy, or forgive any bloodwashed children, for any reason? Have we been greedy or selfish as to our possessions, or time, to a member of Christ's body?

This is "not discerning the Holy body rightly", and in this, multitudes will offend, not fearing or understanding the Word, and will not be healed, no matter how much they pray or fast. I have warned many, over and over to repent of such sin, for if you do not, and are guilty, your guilt remains, and you are under a curse, that God will refuse to deliver you from, lest you repent.

I ask everyone I pray for to consider this, and give them time to search their hearts, and repent....for the cup, the blood, will be useless to you if you have not loved, or walked in mercies, and yet offended any the belong to Christ, no matter how lowly you may think of them.

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."

This is the reason we wait for one another during the time of Common-Union, for the commandment to show love, and mercy is not an option, and we will be condemned if we do not obey. The only sin the Lord will not forgive, is the refusal to forgive another after you are forgiven.

" For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

In this sense healing is bound in the atonement, and we only qualify for mercy from God when we are seen to give it by the Father. Those who refuse this, are left out of healing, and even then, it is no guarantee. He is Sovereign. Consider some holy ones who die prematurely

"The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart;
And devout men are taken away, while no one understands.
For the righteous man is taken away from evil, He is taken into Peace."...Isaiah 57.

I see healing in the same way that Jesus put the infant child in the midst of them, and said; "Such is the Kingdom!" We receive as helpless ones, without hope unless God delivers, and heals us. Here is the heart of meekness He so honors, but even then, He does as He wills, and is Sovereign for His own purposes, no matter our own state.
"Fear God and keep His commandments!"