Why do we doubt….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
read the bible they have documented it for centuries.

look, freewill is a Greek philosophy, not a biblical stance in relationship with God and man. and the freewill is merely a feed for the ego (self interest self importance so on and so forth) in western culture. as long as you believe you're important you can go about choosing or go by your own judgement of good and evil (though no matter your choice that you believe you have condemnation is still one's destiny). where as God is the Judge of what is good and evil for His creation and the creatures therein, no exceptions.

make no mistake there is the call (God's call, not those who call themselves) then there is the choice (God's choice) and then becoming faithful, which what God knows already, i do believe according to you. so God chooses the faithful that He knows are and He knows will be.

note that Abraham was chosen, and that same faith is the faith that saves.
How does it feel to know that you have been chosen?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 14:31 (NKJV)
And immediately Jesus stretched out [His] hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The question of the ages; why do we doubt?

Jesus asks this question to the heart of man…

If it is true God is all goodness, if it is true that God is all love, if it is true God sent His son to die for the sins of the world….. If these things be true, but yet, still we doubt…

Why?

Because, choosing own will over His will, is the birth of all doubt…

For by choosing own will over His will, proves by that very choice two things, that one does not understand what self is, nor does understand the doings of His will… For His will, in all things is the right thing, this is the righteous thing, which is the love thing… For choosing self will over His will is choosing the evil thing…. But this is not believed, but it is not disbelieved either, for it is what self by nature does…. It cares not for that which is right, nor, for that which is wrong, but like a brute beast of the field cares only for what it wants, what works for it in the present set of circumstances…

This is the will that needs to be made to believe.. The word came to Peter; come, Peter responded, yet the heart was not ready to give up the life of circumstances, not knowing yet what the life of self was… For when the life of self is seen to be but the life of a brute beast of the field, it will be run from as if it was, all the evil that Christ says it is…. Once it is seen, faith reins supreme… Now when self is given leave, and allowed to manifest itself, the heart screams at it with a; oh you of little faith, why did you doubt…

Be blessed in the lesson of faith…

A fellow student, Not me
Doubt is uncertainty of the present or future. We all experience failures with everything and everyone. Promises are not kept ... The weather reports are wrong. John said he would be here and he stoid you up. When we are assured of something and that promise is kept for a long time, we doubt less. Still the possibility exists because we've experience disappointment. We dont doubt the sun will rise even if it's cloudy, we knowing there. We don't doubt gravity and we dont dont getting burnt with fire..There are certain guarantees in life, taxes and death.
But God gives us faith in Jesus, faith in His promises are assured, eternal life. Some people have weak faith. It's given out unequally. But faith can grow. It comes by the Word, the more you know It, the less you doubt.
We must realize thay Hid causes all things to work together for good, for those who love the Lord, for those who are called to His purpose. With this faith, even the day to day things we do not have to doubt, because in the back of our mind, whatever happens, whether it be a success, a failure, an achievement or disappointment, we are assured that it is all for our good.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is true God is all goodness, if it is true that God is all love, if it is true God sent His son to die for the sins of the world….. If these things be true, but yet, still we doubt…

Why?

Obviously, we doubt because God mostly hides his presence - and even existence.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does it feel to know that you have been chosen?

all i know is God makes the choice, simple as that, how i feel has no bearing on that. this subject isn't about me is it? its supposed to be about the Lord God. why don't you ask Him how He feels about those who think He has to be what they think He ought to be in their own judgement of what a good god is, before they think about choosing Him.

let me know what that answer is. doesn't matter if you don't though anyone with half a brain can figure that one out without asking.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
all i know is God makes the choice, simple as that, how i feel has no bearing on that. this subject isn't about me is it? its supposed to be about the Lord God. why don't you ask Him how He feels about those who think He has to be what they think He ought to be in their own judgement of what a good god is, before they think about choosing Him.

let me know what that answer is. doesn't matter if you don't though anyone with half a brain can figure that one out without asking.
I am sorry you could not answer my question.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DPMartin: "all i know is God makes the choice, simple as that, how i feel has no bearing on that. this subject isn't about me is it? its supposed to be about the Lord God."

No, read the OP: This subject is about the grounds of doubt and that places the focus and burden squarely on you.

DP Martin: "why don't you ask Him how He feels about those who think He has to be what they think He ought to be in their own judgement of what a good god is, before they think about choosing Him."

Your reply naively overlooks our moral need to evaluate spiritual truth claims, including the claim that God is worthy of being chosen. It is implausible for honest seekers to embrace the biblical God if they honestly perceive that God to be a morally monstrous human projection that violates our best human instincts about what is right and decent. Thinking Christians reject Allah and the alleged divine inspiration of the Quran because Allah (as portrayed in the Quran) is an often cruel projection of Muhammad's mind fueled by his desire to control through fear. Similarly, thoughtful seekers must consider whether the biblical God is real or just a projection of ancient Israel's need to justify their killing of women and children in their quest to conquer Canaan and expand their living space. I have concluded that our God passes this moral test, but pass it He must if I am to claim a faith with integrity.

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a very human characteristic to doubt and to question. It is only through seeking and exploring our doubts and questions that we arrive at a deeper understanding of any topic.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a very human characteristic to doubt and to question. It is only through seeking and exploring our doubts and questions that we arrive at a deeper understanding of any topic.

True, it is a characteristic of the fallen human nature of the life of self, but the Divine nature that has been brought to birth in one is not of the fallen human nature…

Be blessed in denying the human life of this world, that the Divine nature might become the all of life, where opinion plays no part and truth is known…

Unto Him be our all…

A fellow believer, Not me