Why do we need priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if they didn't "freely" submit, their entire nation was placed under interdict which brought the entire population into great of eternal damnation with no opportunity of repentance except to submit in humiliating fashion to the tyrant presiding over a corrupt cult. Otherwise, yeah, they did great. Philip of Spain for example... Spent the nation's entire treasury and set forth with numerous priest,and papal blessings and hangers on in the name of God to bring Britain " back to Jesus"... Sorry no, back to Rome. Guess we all know what God thought of that idea.

Did you miss the 'ruled with an iron rod' part?

But yes, God is ever in control, and uses all things for the good of those who love Him.

Even this:

Why do the nations protest and the peoples grumble in vain?

Kings on earth rise up and princes plot together against the LORD and his anointed:

"Let us break their shackles and cast off their chains!"

Peace be with you.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the fourth time, a priest in mortal sin can serve Christ, like the woman who dried His feet with her hair, if he repents. If he does not repent, he gets defrocked by the Church, after guilt is determined by the courts, not Newsweek or the National Enquirer. 99.997% of priests since the last study was done have no legal allegations against them. Any sane person would want it to be 100%. Unfortunately, public opinion is formed by main stream media, who is at war with the Church. The anti-priest drumbeat on this thread is in step with a whole culture that despises her.
I only defend the hierarchical nature of the Church WHEN IT IS DENIED.
A bad pope, or all ten of them, does not disprove the doctrine of the papacy. Yes, sometimes the hierarchical system got out of control, but the gates of Hades have not prevailed, and never will. Satan tried to kill the Church by killing 40 of the first leaders. Well, that didn't work so he is using other tricks. You either believe the Bible where it says the Church is infallible and indefectible, or you don't. Either you have the faith needed to believe that God would protect His Church, even in times of corruption, or you don't.
I am in love with Jesus who is intricately united with the Church He founded. When I use the word "Church", that includes you.
\

NO HE CAN NOT. The comparison you use is like an apple to orange thing , she was not a person who knew Christ then chose to sin.She was a sinner who knew not Christ and chose Christ and was saved. That is not what a priest in MORTAL SIN DOES. AND NO he does not serve Christ. PERIOD. The woman who cleansed Christ's feet with her hair in repentance did not know Christ until she gave her self to him. Then she STAYED in obedience unlike the priests I am speaking of and you are defending.They knew Christ and chose to return to sin. You are either really incapable of understanding scripture or it is simply WILLFUL blindness. I hope it is the first, May God Help You.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Peter 2:1-20
Deliverance from False Prophets

1Now there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow in their depravity, and because of them the way of truth will be defamed. 3In their greed, these false teachers will exploit you with deceptive words. The longstanding verdict against them remains in force, and their destruction does not sleep.

4For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them deep into hell, placing them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, among the eight; 6if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;7and if He rescued Lot, a righteous man distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if all this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

10Such punishment is specially reserved for those who indulge the corrupt desires of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and self-willed, these men are unafraid to slander angelic majesties. 11Yet not even angels, though greater in strength and power, dare to bring such slanderous charges against them before the Lord.

12These men are like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be captured and destroyed. They blaspheme in matters they do not understand, and like such creatures, they too will be destroyed. 13The harm they will suffer is the wages of their wickedness.

They consider it a pleasure to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deception as they feast with you. 14Their eyes are full of adultery; their desire for sin is never satisfied; they seduce the unstable. They are accursed children with hearts trained in greed.

15They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his transgression by a donkey, otherwise without speech, that spoke with a man’s voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18With lofty but empty words, they appeal to the sensual passions of the flesh and entice those who are just escaping from others who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves to depravity. For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.

20If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and then to turn away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

Last edited:

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHRISTIANS IT IS OKAY TO ADMONISH ONE ANOTHER :

Galatians 2:11-13 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Paul Rebukes Peter at Antioch
11 But when Cephas came to Antioch I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he ate with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. 13 And with him the rest of the Jews acted insincerely, so that even Barnabas was carried away by their insincerity.

I go to many forums and have some heated discussions with Christians of various denominations. Sometimes things turn out well sometimes they do not.
The point is, admonishment does not feel good and can seem to the one receiving the admonishment , that the one giving it is not humble.

ad·mon·ish·ment
/ədˈmäniSHmənt/
noun
noun: admonishment; plural noun: admonishments
a firm warning or reprimand.

How can it feel like a humble approach to the one at the receiving end of it? But what is clear is, the one giving it is humble before God who puts it upon his heart to give it. Admonishment is not a gentle stroke of persuasion , why? Because the person being admonished is in a harden state toward something. Admonishment is a sledge hammer not a feather. For you cannot break a rock by tickling it .

It can also be described as iron sharpens iron. This is what we are to do for one another. We are after all our brother's keeper in Christ.We are not to take the stance of Cain, not showing care for where our brother may be at.

I , in my Christian growth have received much admonishment , I am grateful for it. Admittedly it does not feel good , but it is good.

Proverbs 9:8-10 The Way of Wisdom

…8Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man, and he will love you. 9Instruct a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will increase his learning. 10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.…

Fear of being wrong should never out weigh fear of God. Pride hates admonishment. Humility loves it! The humility shown by the one being admonished reveals that person as truly a child of God.

Proverbs 1:5
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
Proverbs 25:12
As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.
Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
1 Corinthians 11:18-19
…18First of all, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19And indeed, there must be differences among you to show which of you are approved.

Those who can recognize a truth even if they formally clung to a lie are shown to be approved. For TRUTH is TRUTH and once admonished ,they receive it. Truth is irrefutable and is sound doctrine built upon the foundation- Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:9-11
Christ Our Foundation

9For we are God’s fellow workers(THE APOSTLES and Friends of in the Canon); you are God’s field (THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED THE GOOD NEWS OF CHRIST BY THEM), God’s building. 10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one must be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.…

In other words, if what a shepherd teaches can not be found in the foundation (THE WRITTEN WORD) it is not approved and is erroneous.

Proverbs 9:1

Wisdom has built her house; she has carved out her seven pillars.

Those with Wisdom build the house on the foundation , meaning -what they teach is supported by the scriptures and is true and is CHURCH. It will not be burnt because it is not wood, hay or straw, nor does it have dross.

The Living Stone 1 Peter 2:4-6

4As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men but chosen and precious in God’s sight, 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For it stands in Scripture: “See, I lay in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone; and the one who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”…

Those who believe on Christ will never be put to shame, but those who believe on men and their doctrines which cannot be found in the foundation will be.

The point: If someone receives his admonishment in humility he shows himself to be approved. If he rejects his admonishment, he is in Pride and not approved. If it is pointed out and proven, that what is presumed to be holy inspired is not ,then it should be rejected (That which is not holy inspired). If it is burnt up by the Living word as hay wood and straw are, then it has not survived the trying by fire. That which is not able to stand upon the scriptures is a false doctrine.

Psalm 12:5-7
…5“For the cause of the oppressed and for the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,” says the LORD. “I will bring safety to him who yearns.” 6The words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace, like gold purified sevenfold. 7You, O LORD, will keep us; You will forever guard us from this generation.…

This means there is no dross in God's word. Those who are silver and/or gold are to be refined by it (THE WORD). The silver and gold are people who have positions and ranking in the body of Christ. They are baptized persons . However, they may not be pure silver or pure gold , because, even though they are baptized and believe in Christ they have an attachment to some impure doctrines, that are not supported by the foundation (THE PURE WORD). They have dross which they need to be refined of. That is what admonishment does.

Psalm 18:30
As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart; the commandments of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 119:140

Your promise is completely pure; therefore Your servant loves it.

Proverbs 30:5

Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.

Psalm 66:
10For You, O God, have tested us;
You have refined us like silver.
11You led us into the net;
You laid burdens on our backs.
12You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but You brought us into abundance.

1 Peter 1:6-8

A Living Hope

…6In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in various trials 7so that the authenticity of your faith— more precious than gold (EARTHLY GOLD), which perishes, even though refined by fire— may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with an inexpressible and glorious joy,…

1 Corinthians 3:14-16
Christ Our Foundation

…14If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames. 16Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?…

When a man does not acknowledge he produced a false doctrine , he may turn from an okay state to a bad state. He may even , through his false doctrine- become the hay , wood and straw not even worthy to keep.

We must all strive to preach truth, cling to truth, and preserve only the truth, or risk aborting our conception which first came about by believing in Christ. We must avoid becoming Judas' who sell out Christ for error and acknowledgement from Pharisees (Priest, Pastors,
Bishops , Cardinals etc...) who claim to be without error yet their doctrines are not supported by the scriptures.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Song of Solomon 8:5

5Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her beloved?, (THE BRIDE) I roused you under the apple tree (ISRAEL IS THE APPLE TREE THAT WE ARE GRAFTED INTO). Israel aroused the faith in all the nations for the one true God, (THROUGH ISRAEL THE FAITH CAME); there your mother conceived you,(MOTHER MARY CONCEIVED ALL BORN IN CHRIST BECAUSE SHE CONCEIVED CHRIST, THEREFORE SHE CONCEIVE A NATION IN CHRIST) there(ISRAEL)she travailed and brought you forth (BIRTHED CHRIST AND ALL ARE BORN IN HIM). 6Set me as a seal over your heart (MOTHER MARY), as a seal upon your arm (MOTHER MARY). For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as unrelenting as Sheol. Its sparks are fiery flames, the fiercest blaze of all.…

She is our New Mother in Christ.

/ˈwildərnəs/
noun
noun: wilderness; plural noun: wildernesses
an uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region.

a neglected or abandoned area of a garden or town.
a position of disfavor, especially in a RELIGIOUS context.

LOVE:Rivers cannot wash it away= The diluting waters of false teachers cannot wash the faith away.

500_F_142395952_phs1DT9m4GDufFPk85WCZefQJGyMt1GZ.jpg

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.”
2 Timothy 3:15-17All Scripture is God-Breathed

…15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way.”

Proverbs 20:18 “Plans are established by counsel; by wise guidance wage war.”

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many” (Matt 7:13) because “the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matt 7:14).

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

“There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death” (Prov 14:12) since “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice” (Prov 12:15).

Sola Scriptura, the Protestants too ,better start leaning on the Word and stop rejecting the Blessed Mother as Mother and add to your lives all the true doctrines of the faith.

I show NO partiality I show esteem and admonishment to all.
James 2:8
A Warning against Favoritism
…8If you really keep the royal law stated in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9But if you show partiality, you sin and are convicted by the Law as transgressors. 10Whoever keeps the whole law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.…

Leviticus 19:15
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
God Bless !

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used every day things with analogies and metaphors to clarify His teachings. To claim that Jesus used the same reasoning as you, by twisting scripture to support a false presupposition, is dishonest and an insult to His parables.
If you think it twisted, then I have conveyed your error precisely.
I don't read scripture with an axe. Anti-authority, anti-priest, and anti-hierarchy is anti-biblical.
"ME, the Bible and Holy Spirit" mentality as authoritive is not authoritive at all. It is dangerous, it invites division. Such people are theologically undereducated, full of pride, and have no business binding anyone to a particular belief.
Still grinding away. Can't help yourself I guess.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not a "yes or no" question, because it has a false presupposition. I am not trying to prove you wrong, I am trying to enlighten you, make you think for yourself. Polemics of regurgitated fundamentalist propaganda doesn't cut it with me. Should I post my questions a third time? I can re-word them into "yes" or "no" questions, or "true or false" questions, if that suits you. Answering a question with a question is a more Jewish approach. It nurtures dialogue, which is better than scripture tennis.
God's authority is higher than any other including that of the pope or the church or any world leaders. His is the ultimate authority. How can you deny that?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
All cults depend more on their church and its teachings than on God and His written Word. The cult of Mary is clearly the most important part of the Catholic church.

APOSTASY ALERT: POPE FRANCIS CROWNS STATUE OF MARY AS “QUEEN OF HEAVEN”
February 14, 2018 By Beginning and End

Continuing his string of unbiblical and heretical proclamations, Pope Francis crowned a statue of Mary and proclaimed her “Queen of Heaven” before a packed crowd of adoring onlookers in Chile. The Pope’s elevation of Mary as a deity to be prayed to is not only wildly heretical but is just one of the many serious spiritual errors of his Roman Catholic doctrine.

[Here is what he said (in part)]: “[T]he virgin who wanted to be called Your handmaid was chosen mother of the Redeemer, and true mother of all the living, and now exalted above the choirs of the angels, reigns gloriously with Your Son interceding for all men as an advocate of grace and queen of mercy,” he prayed during mass, moments before crowning the statue.
Apostasy Alert: Pope Francis Crowns Statue of Mary As “Queen of Heaven”

PSALM 99 [MARY EXCLUDED]
1 The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved.
2 The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.
3 Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
4 [God, who is ] The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob.
5 Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.
6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.
7 He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them.
8 Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.
9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

Does Mary reign in Heaven? Not according to the Bible. Only God reigns in Heaven.
This is one of the problems.
There was some talk years ago of Mary being titled co-redemptrix. A whole lot of talk about what CO means in the latin, how it doesn't mean another one the same as, but a helper.

Well, I don't think Jesus needed any help. Some countries really need Mary because of how she's been exhalted and they can't go back now. I'm not sure this Pope believes everything he says...however, the crowning was wrong.

What you highlighted in your post is EXACTLY the problem....
In the CC it is taught that grace flows through Mary.

I love her and respect her and honor her,
but she is not to be worshipped, which some come really close to and are not taught otherwise.

P.S. The cc does NOT TEACH that Mary is to be worshipped.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Giuliano,

For us Christians our goal is to help the blind see so that they will open their eyes.
As if you have spiritual sight. By your own admission, you know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing, except from men -- and you then know it all.

What is your goal?
NM...you already answered that. :rolleyes:

You would not want the blind to follow you and help them open their eyes because you don't care about their soul. (Acts 26:17-18).
I did not say anything like that. In my time, I have opened a few eyes, but not by talking down to people.

Keep digging kiddo....your hole is getting deeper and closer to Gehenna.
Bible study Mary
Thanks for that judgment. I'm still amused by your comment that I was condescending. I said I don't know it all, and you think that's condescending? I would not want you as a follower. I find it easier to talk to publicans and sinners. Ah, yes, some have heard and understood. You're way "too righteous" for me to try to talk to you seriously.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Really ? Where does it say mortal sin is forgivable? Question do you know the difference between Mortal sin and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Do both denote being cut off from God- DEAD TO GOD or are they different? We know blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin, we also know we are not to pray for someone in mortal sin.
1John 5:16-18
Effective Prayer
…16If anyone sees his brother committing a sin(venial) not leading to death(Mortal sin state), he should ask God, who will give life to those who commit this kind of sin (Venial sin). So clearly LIFE can not be given to one in MORTAL sin, the scriptures say so.

There is a sin that leads to death (Mortal sin state); I am not saying he should ask regarding that sin( Mortal sin). 17All unrighteousness is sin, yet there is sin (venial)that does not lead to death. 18We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him.…

Mortal means a wound which kills-mortal blow, fatal, life ending. The death it leads to- is the soul being cut off from the grace of God. The sin which LEADS to death is MORTAL sin, GET IT. It leads to a spiritual death=BEING CUT OF FROM GOD? It is the UNFORGIVABLE SIN- BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Yeah I know a priest in this can still be a minister of the faith, and offer up the Body and Blood of Christo_O NOOOT! Yeah, according to the replacement theologians in here and throughout the Catholic Church satan's seed serves God .
No one truly born of God ends up in mortal sin.
1 John 5:
Concluding Remarks

18We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning;(THEREFORE, CAN NOT END UP IN MORTAL SIN) the One(Christ) who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him. 19We know that we are of God, and that the whole world is under the power of the evil one. 20And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true—in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
21Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

It's interesting......the scriptures are sooooo clear and the meaning of words are sooooo clear. To call a type of sin MORTAL, means death and the scriptures reveal that there is a sin which leads to the death of the soul-BEING cut OFF from God. And yet because of foot notes and coaching by obviously illiterate people, so many just march to the beat of those ordained and trained in this poppycock. It would seem clear to any mildly intelligent person that such a novice is not being coached by the Holy Spirit. Rather, is being coached by fallible men and those fallible men are not men of God but children of satan.
1 John 3:
Children of God
…9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 11This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.…
To practice sin is like to practice anything else in life; soccer , baseball , dancing , piano etc......... It is willful and contrived loved and planned. With full knowledge of what is right it delights in what is wrong. I argue, one who practices a sport or music etc, does so to be good at it, just as one who practices sin and becomes talented in the art of deception. That is the path of death(satan) called mortal sin , the path which end is hell.

Anyone defending the doctrine that a priest in Mortal Sin can serve God is the devils advocate and too ends up in the same state as the one who he or she defends. That is according to scripture alone.
Psalm 1:1-2
1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night.…

To mock the prophets of God is to walk in the counsel of the wicked.

Psalm 5:9
For not a word they speak can be trusted; destruction is within them. Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.

Psalm 5:10
Declare them guilty, O God; let them fall by their own devices. Drive them out for their many transgressions, for they have rebelled against You.

Psalm 10:2
In pride the wicked pursue the needy; let them be caught in the schemes they devise.

Psalm 73:8
They mock and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression.
Hey CP,,,
You sure did write a lot.
Are you saying mortal sin cannot be forgiven?
Are you catholic ??
Catholics teach that if you miss ONE MASS you've committed a mortal sin.
Do YOU agree with this?

The bible states there is ONLY ONE sin that cannot be forgiven...
the sin of unbelief.

Do you know that Jesus died for ALL THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD?
His sacrifice was sufficient FOR ALL SINS.

Jesus also said that some sins cannot be forgiven in this age or the age to come.
So can some sins be forgiven in the age to come? And when would that be?
After our death??

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey CP,,,
You sure did write a lot.
Are you saying mortal sin cannot be forgiven?
Are you catholic ??
Catholics teach that if you miss ONE MASS you've committed a mortal sin.
Do YOU agree with this?

The bible states there is ONLY ONE sin that cannot be forgiven...
the sin of unbelief.

Do you know that Jesus died for ALL THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD?
His sacrifice was sufficient FOR ALL SINS.

Jesus also said that some sins cannot be forgiven in this age or the age to come.
So can some sins be forgiven in the age to come? And when would that be?
After our death??

I celebrate everyday.And no it is not a mortal sin if you miss one mass. "Wherever two or three gather in My name I am there in the midst of them" . There is no sin in man in the age to come. Sin has been put under Christ's feet. After our resurrection we are in perpetual virginity not only spiritually but physically .

It is called hyperbole. Christ is nailing the fact home that there is NO way to forgive Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit not now or ever- will it be forgiven.
Matthew 12:31-33
The Unpardonable Sin
31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come. 33Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.…

I do not put men before God. No denomination is above admonishment even her who says "I sit a Queen and will never know mourning." A church is simply a glove Christ the Hand. The Glove does not direct Christ. When people start to get too full of themselves they get cut off. No church is above Christ. And I do not care what the precepts of men are , who try to make new rules or create non-scriptural based doctrines. You can believe what you want. That is the beauty of freewill. I choose ALL Christ says, not necessarily all a church says. That is TRUE CHURCH obeying ALL Christ says. Thanks be to God.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GG,
You know thats not correct...

We depend on God to guide, guard, teach, correct and preserve HIS Church.

And HE never contradicts Himself...

Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit! Forver and ever!

Peace be with you!
This is my experience.
My friends are always talking about what the church is doing and what some priest is doing.
They never speak about Jesus or some bible verses or some biblical concept.
I think the CC does not proclaim the gospel clearly enough. I hear the priest saying that we have to trust Jesus and love everyone....but he never says we must trust Jesus or be lost!
I never hear about a change of heart, but more about what we're supposed to do: love, help others. This is all good...but HOW is this done?

I know YOU depend on Jesus because you're a learned person and have sought out this learning. In fact, do you know that we're REQUIRED by church rules to learn about our faith? And how is that supposed to be done? No proper teaching at Mass because it's not "a schoolroom"; no bible studies (just two in my whole area)...MORE HAS TO BE DONE.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I celebrate everyday.And no it is not a mortal sin if you miss one mass. "Wherever two or three gather in My name I am there in the midst of them" . There is no sin in man in the age to come. Sin has been put under Christ's feet. After our resurrection we are in perpetual virginity not only spiritually but physically .

It is called hyperbole. Christ is nailing the fact home that there is NO way to forgive Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit not now or ever- will it be forgiven.
Matthew 12:31-33
The Unpardonable Sin
31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come. 33Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.…

I do not put men before God. No denomination is above admonishment even her who says "I sit a Queen and will never know mourning." A church is simply a glove Christ the Hand. The Glove does not direct Christ. When people start to get too full of themselves they get cut off. No church is above Christ. And I do not care what the precepts of men are , who try to make new rules or create non-scriptural based doctrines. You can believe what you want. That is the beauty of freewill. I choose ALL Christ says, not necessarily all a church says. That is TRUE CHURCH obeying ALL Christ says. Thanks be to God.
You're new here and I'm having a little difficulty understanding you....
But the above sounds good....I couldn't quite get what you were saying in your other post.

I brought up about the catholic church's teaching that missing one Mass is a mortal sin because you had said that we cannot commit mortal sins. I think we can...maybe even after we're saved...maybe.

I do believe that any sin can be forgiven EXCEPT unbelief, of course. And this is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit -- and it is also attributing to the Holy Spirit the work of satan. (or V V).

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's authority is higher than any other including that of the pope or the church or any world leaders. His is the ultimate authority. How can you deny that?
I don't deny that. What I deny is this refusal to accept the authority God gave to His Church. I have enough faith to believe God would preserve His church no matter what. The Bible says so. Protestantism is part of that Church, but that hasn't stopped the endless division that is built into it, which the Bible condemns. That's what happens when God's authority that He gave His Church is rejected.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
\

NO HE CAN NOT. The comparison you use is like an apple to orange thing , she was not a person who knew Christ then chose to sin. She was a sinner who knew not Christ and chose Christ and was saved. That is not what a priest in MORTAL SIN DOES. AND NO he does not serve Christ. PERIOD. The woman who cleansed Christ's feet with her hair in repentance did not know Christ until she gave her self to him. Then she STAYED in obedience unlike the priests I am speaking of and you are defending.They knew Christ and chose to return to sin. You are either really incapable of understanding scripture or it is simply WILLFUL blindness. I hope it is the first, May God Help You.
A Protestant pastor who commits adultery corrupts himself, not the congregation, and not his office. He can still feed his flock, if nobody knows about it. It's no different with a sinful priest. But you don't pick on them, just Catholic priests. I don't defend priests in mortal sin, they should be defrocked, as they are when it is proven. This is the third time I have said this. I could be wrong, but I get the impression you are attacking the office of the priesthood with .003% of bad examples. That makes you unfair and judgemental.

Did Pastor Martin Luther King Jr. serve Jesus?

If the media do not report on sexual misconduct, obviously no one will think badly of the guilty. Take the case of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI data that were recently made public show him to be a hard-drinking, bed-hopping adulterer who cheated on his wife with 40-45 other women. He also watched a pastor friend of his rape a woman and laughed about it while he did so. But thanks to the near total media blackout on this story, King’s glowing reputation remains intact.

Yet he delivered his world famous sermon "I Have a Dream", which IMO is inspired. According to you, King cannot serve Christ.

John 11:51-52 – some non-Catholics argue that sinners cannot have the power to teach infallibly. But in this verse, God allows Caiaphas to prophesy infallibly, even though he was evil and plotted Jesus’ death. God allows sinners to teach infallibly, just as He allows sinners to become saints. As a loving Father, He exalts His children, and is bound by His own justice to give His children a mechanism to know truth from error.
The Biblical Church - Scripture Catholic

Reactions: GodsGrace

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Catholics teach that if you miss ONE MASS you've committed a mortal sin".
Sounds very Pharisee like. Kind of like the sabbath thing they sought to condemn Christ and His apostles about.
You're new here and I'm having a little difficulty understanding you....
But the above sounds good....I couldn't quite get what you were saying in your other post.

I brought up about the catholic church's teaching that missing one Mass is a mortal sin because you had said that we cannot commit mortal sins. I think we can...maybe even after we're saved...maybe.

I do believe that any sin can be forgiven EXCEPT unbelief, of course. And this is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit -- and it is also attributing to the Holy Spirit the work of satan. (or V V).
Hi GG,
Well if you do not understand my post, nor the scriptures I can not say anything more about them. You have been given your freewill to believe what you want. I am not infringing upon that. For me, and I think deep down for anyone who took the time to read what I posted, it is clear what the scriptures are saying. But for those who for some reason like yourself do not get it, maybe God will open your eyes at a later time.

But something I learned in math class, regardless if one understands or not the answers the answers are always the Truth. You can not deny the equation and the sum can not be contrary to it. Maybe you will get that at some point in your life.
God Bless!

Last edited:

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Protestant pastor who commits adultery corrupts himself, not the congregation, and not his office. He can still feed his flock, if nobody knows about it. It's no different with a sinful priest. But you don't pick on them, just Catholic priests. I don't defend priests in mortal sin, they should be defrocked, as they are when it is proven. This is the third time I have said this. I could be wrong, but I get the impression you are attacking the office of the priesthood with .003% of bad examples. That makes you unfair and judgemental.

Did Pastor Martin Luther King Jr. serve Jesus?

If the media do not report on sexual misconduct, obviously no one will think badly of the guilty. Take the case of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI data that were recently made public show him to be a hard-drinking, bed-hopping adulterer who cheated on his wife with 40-45 other women. He also watched a pastor friend of his rape a woman and laughed about it while he did so. But thanks to the near total media blackout on this story, King’s glowing reputation remains intact.

Yet he delivered his world famous sermon "I Have a Dream", which IMO is inspired. According to you, King cannot serve Christ.

John 11:51-52 – some non-Catholics argue that sinners cannot have the power to teach infallibly. But in this verse, God allows Caiaphas to prophesy infallibly, even though he was evil and plotted Jesus’ death. God allows sinners to teach infallibly, just as He allows sinners to become saints. As a loving Father, He exalts His children, and is bound by His own justice to give His children a mechanism to know truth from error.
The Biblical Church - Scripture Catholic

I am not attacking the OFFICE of the Priesthood and you know it. I uphold that office more reverently than you. I am not the one angry about the importance of holiness in the priesthood you are. I say a priest in MORTAL SIN can NOT serve God. You disagree. Me saying that is not a rejection of the priesthood but rather sin. That is NOT a rejection of the priesthood but a rejection of unfaithful priest . Clearly scripture supports that, Christ and all His prophets and even saints of the Catholic Church support my stance. So your point?

Don't get mad at me because you chose the opposite side of the issue and war against scripture and God's prophets and as a matter of FACT even against Christian saints of the Catholic Church. It is not my fault that not all that assembly is on the same page.But for sure regardless of page , the pages of scripture prove you wrong .
Not all priest are unfaithful or corrupt. You sound like a child who is hearing what he does not want to hear, so you only hear what you want. That is your choice. King was not a minister of the Altar, so your point? If you need to go outside of the New Covenant priesthood obligations to find answers against me that appease you, have at it. I uphold the Holiness of the priesthood, you can say the priesthood can be otherwise. It is clear many feel the same way you do, it would seem, just look at the mess, so sad, so much scandal.
God Bless!

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I did not say anything like that. In my time, I have opened a few eyes, but not by talking down to people.
Ummmmm.....yes you did. Quote, from YOU: "I would not want blind people following me."

I look forward to your retraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.