Why do we need priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the way you see it. However, if you care to look at the doctrines they teach the majority have the same doctrines, they just may express them differently.
Better than one denomination i.e catholic church which has more doctrines of their choosing than any other denomination. I would put you on par with the Mormons.
Actually - the Catholic Church is not a "denomination".
It's the original Tree from which Protestantism splintered from and continues to splinter to this day.

The tens of thousands of Protestant “denominations” continue to splinter day after day, year after year. The abandonment of the doctrines and precepts of God have given way to the doctrines and precepts of mere men (Matthew 15:8-9, Mark 7:6-7):

- Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
- Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
- Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
- Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
- Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
- Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
- Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
- Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
- Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
- Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
- Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

What a splintered mess . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Born Again Christians are "the called out ones", whether they attend the Catholic or Protestant religions. BACs are the TRUE universal church!
And you STILL haven't been able to show me the verse that makes this claim.
I WONDER why that is . . .

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually - the Catholic Church is not a "denomination".
It's the original Tree from which Protestantism splintered from and continues to splinter to this day.

The tens of thousands of Protestant “denominations” continue to splinter day after day, year after year. The abandonment of the doctrines and precepts of God have given way to the doctrines and precepts of mere men (Matthew 15:8-9, Mark 7:6-7):

- Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
- Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
- Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
- Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
- Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
- Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
- Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
- Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
- Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
- Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
- Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

What a splintered mess . . .
And the catholic church believes that you have to earn your salvation. No thanks.

Reactions: r1xlx

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's obvious that you ignored my entire post because you're making the SAME moronic, anti-Biblical claim about Matt. 23:9.
As I educated you before - the following verses prove you WRONG:

- Jesus said, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).

- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER" (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS" (1 Cor. 12:28).

You forgot one thing in all your pontifications. The verse that says...CALL NO MAN FATHER. You are blabbering on again about the teacher thing which as I said I have NOT mentioned. You sound like a complete dimwit.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, why is there so little of Christ in the catholic church apart from statues and icons and mystical happenings in the mass?
That's a ridiculous statement coming from a person who is ignorant of all things Catholic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot one thing in all your pontifications. The verse that says...CALL NO MAN FATHER. You are blabbering on again about the teacher thing which as I said I have NOT mentioned. You sound like a complete dimwit.
You haven't commented on it because you are ignorant of the Scriptures.

Before Jesus said anything about the word "Father" (Matt. 23:9) - He told the crowd about not calling people "Teacher: (Matt. 23:8).
Ummmmmm, that is why I gave you verses about BOTH of those terms.

Got it now??

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until the ones that are wrong are shown to be wrong they are both right.
Really?? Both right until one of them is shown that they are wrong??? Who shows them that they are wrong?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit within them, who is the mind of Christ, but instead they each choose to listen to their OWN mind.
Hi Earburner,

It seems you are suggesting that the two that are right will have the Holy Spirit within in them???? I suspect that both groups would believe they have the Holy Spirit within them. I guess we would just have to wait and see which group finally figures out that they THOUGHT they had the Spirit within them and eventually realize that they were deceiving themselves by listening to their "OWN mind". o_O

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, why is there so little of Christ in the catholic church apart from statues and icons and mystical happenings in the mass?
What is a "mystical happening(s)"??

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You haven't commented on it because you are ignorant of the Scriptures.

Before Jesus said anything about the word "Father" (Matt. 23:9) - He told the crowd about not calling people "Teacher: (Matt. 23:8).
Ummmmmm, that is why I gave you verses about BOTH of those terms.

Got it now??
What I have got is that he said call NO MAN father. Got it? He said nothing about calling a man a teacher. The term in the original is Rabbi. In all my 66 years as a Christian, not once have I heard any Christian called a Rabbi.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another asinine and ignorant claim.

Do you guys ever do your homework??
Yes actually. That is one thing I am good at. Some subjects I spend months investigating to ensure I am am not blabbering about my opinion, just sticking with the facts. In fact, until I have done my homework I do not comment on a subject. I leave that to people who think their opinion is gospel.

So yes I have done my homework about Catholics having to earn their salvation so the only thing that is asinine and ignorant is your reply.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a ridiculous statement coming from a person who is ignorant of all things Catholic.
Well, what do you know? I have come to the conclusion that you as a devotee of all things catholic believe that everything a protestant says is lies and everything you say is the truth.

So......I hope you will forgive me if I think that what you say is asinine and ignorant because I have detected a superior attitude in all your writing and a disdain for anything protestant so you are, to say the least a very bad advert for anything catholic. If you are a typical catholic, then I do not want anything to do with it because I hate people who have a superior attitude and think that everyone else is dildos.

I had plenty of that when I worked in the catholic education system where the headmaster, a priest told us he was right even if he was wrong.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have got is that he said call NO MAN father. Got it? He said nothing about calling a man a teacher. The term in the original is Rabbi. In all my 66 years as a Christian, not once have I heard any Christian called a Rabbi.
Ummmm, you can't be serious.
Are you telling me that you DON'T know that "Rabbi" means "Teacher"??

Call no man Rabbi/Teacher. How do you reconcile calling the person who taught you in school "Teacher"??
Your understanding of language is as perverted and limited as your understanding of Scripture . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes actually. That is one thing I am good at. Some subjects I spend months investigating to ensure I am am not blabbering about my opinion, just sticking with the facts. In fact, until I have done my homework I do not comment on a subject. I leave that to people who think their opinion is gospel.

So yes I have done my homework about Catholics having to earn their salvation so the only thing that is asinine and ignorant is your reply.
Soooooo, you did your homework - the same way you did with the term "Rabbi/Teacher"??
That explains a LOT.

Your false claim that the Catholic Church teaches that we must "earn" our way into Heaven is just another stupid anti-Catholic lie.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, what do you know? I have come to the conclusion that you as a devotee of all things catholic believe that everything a protestant says is lies and everything you say is the truth.

So......I hope you will forgive me if I think that what you say is asinine and ignorant because I have detected a superior attitude in all your writing and a disdain for anything protestant so you are, to say the least a very bad advert for anything catholic. If you are a typical catholic, then I do not want anything to do with it because I hate people who have a superior attitude and think that everyone else is dildos.

I had plenty of that when I worked in the catholic education system where the headmaster, a priest told us he was right even if he was wrong.
What do I know?
I know my Catholic faith and I know a LIE when I hear one.

YOU stated the following:
"Why is there so little of Christ in the catholic church apart from statues and icons and mystical happenings in the mass?"

This is complete nonsense as the entire Catholic faith is centered on Christ.
The entire Mass is centered in the Holy Eucharist - which is Christ Himself - Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity.

I simply exposed your statement as stupid because it is.
Do your homework before you post because you just embarrass yourself with this drivel.

As for me being "anti-Protestant" - I defend Protestants all the time. I even defend Protestant beliefs when they ar attacked by ignorant Catholics. 9 of my 13 siblings are Protestants and I love them dearly.

So much for your false accusations . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.