Why do we need priests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GO FIND A FORUM FOR CATHOLIC PAGANS WITH OTHERS WHO WORSHIP ISHTAR -THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GO FIND A FORUM FOR CATHOLIC PAGANS WITH OTHERS WHO WORSHIP ISHTAR -THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN!
Better yet - instead of repeatedly posting idiotic hit-and-run posts - how about trying to actually refute some of the Biblical evidence I and others have presented?
Or, is that too difficult for ya??

And while you're busy searching the writings of your Popess, Ellen G. White - how about giving us some Scriptural evidence for some of your wacky SDA perversions like "Soul Sleep"??

Reactions: Neddles

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't belong to SDA or soul sleep crap.
I say all the dead are in their graves.
On Judgmnet Day all you Catholics will be woken up and get the awaful news that you refused to believe 1 Corinthians 6:9 and Revelation 22:15.
You can ask your preist father or even popey but they will just lie and say they can help you get to heaven if you give them enough gold.

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Better yet - instead of repeatedly posting idiotic hit-and-run posts - how about trying to actually refute some of the Biblical evidence I and others have presented?
Or, is that too difficult for ya??

And while you're busy searching the writings of your Popess, Ellen G. White - how about giving us some Scriptural evidence for some of your wacky SDA perversions like "Soul Sleep"??
You've been prattling you Mariolatry lies for 17 years and still cannot understand?
Wow.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been prattling you Mariolatry lies for 17 years and still cannot understand?
Wow.
TRANSLATION:
"I can't refute ANY of your Biblically-based arguments!"

That's what I thought, sparky . . .

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Childishness is a sign of immaturity. 17 wasted years following Satan's imaginary queen of heaven Ishtar.

Reactions: Stan B

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't belong to SDA or soul sleep crap.
I say all the dead are in their graves.
On Judgmnet Day all you Catholics will be woken up and get the awaful news that you refused to believe 1 Corinthians 6:9 and Revelation 22:15.
You can ask your preist father or even popey but they will just lie and say they can help you get to heaven if you give them enough gold.
Ummmmm, you just DID espouse Soul Sleep, Einstein.

And if you're NOT SDA - you shouldn't be pasting their asinine positions from "amazingdiscoveries.org" . . .

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do I know?
I know my Catholic faith and I know a LIE when I hear one.

YOU stated the following:
"Why is there so little of Christ in the catholic church apart from statues and icons and mystical happenings in the mass?"

This is complete nonsense as the entire Catholic faith is centered on Christ.
The entire Mass is centered in the Holy Eucharist - which is Christ Himself - Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity.

I simply exposed your statement as stupid because it is.
Do your homework before you post because you just embarrass yourself with this drivel.

As for me being "anti-Protestant" - I defend Protestants all the time. I even defend Protestant beliefs when they ar attacked by ignorant Catholics. 9 of my 13 siblings are Protestants and I love them dearly.

So much for your false accusations . . .
What false accusations? Oh, I know everything I say that you don't agree with. That won't get you far in a court of law.

And how can a wafer and a sip of wine be Christ himself? Talk about nonsensical twaddle.

Reactions: r1xlx

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soooooo, you did your homework - the same way you did with the term "Rabbi/Teacher"??
That explains a LOT.

Your false claim that the Catholic Church teaches that we must "earn" our way into Heaven is just another stupid anti-Catholic lie.
That must mean catholic are liars because the ones I worked with told me that.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummmm, you can't be serious.
Are you telling me that you DON'T know that "Rabbi" means "Teacher"??

Call no man Rabbi/Teacher. How do you reconcile calling the person who taught you in school "Teacher"??
Your understanding of language is as perverted and limited as your understanding of Scripture . . .

Another try at covering your rambles to justify the stupidity of roman teaching. And have you noticed as I have that you don't get any likes for your postings? I wonder why?

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how can a wafer and a sip of wine be Christ himself?

Well, by the power of the Holy Spirit of course...

Jesus said it. I believe He is the Messiah, the Holy One of Israel.. It must therefore be True.
He demands our faith in this.. Or do you wish to be with these: John 6:66

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, by the power of the Holy Spirit of course...

Jesus said it. I believe He is the Messiah, the Holy One of Israel.. It must therefore be True.
He demands our faith in this.. Or do you wish to be with these: John 6:66

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

No doubt a silly supercilious comment.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What false accusations? Oh, I know everything I say that you don't agree with. That won't get you far in a court of law.
And how can a wafer and a sip of wine be Christ himself? Talk about nonsensical twaddle.
The false accusations of there being very "little" of Christ in the Catholic Church - and that I am "anti-Protestant".

As for your charge that God transforming bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is "nonsensical twaddle" -
You can believe that He merely spoke and the entire UNIVERSE lept into existence - be He is completely UNABLE to transform bread and wine into His Body and Blood??

Your lack of faith is appalling.

Reactions: Philip James

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another try at covering your rambles to justify the stupidity of roman teaching. And have you noticed as I have that you don't get any likes for your postings? I wonder why?
I'm not here to get "likes".
I'm only here to debunk LIES about the Catholic Church.

funny how you couldn't address the Rabbi/Teacher issue and chose instead to talk about the number of "likes" I've garnered . . .

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Sacrifice, because it makes present the one sacrifice of Christ the Savior and includes the Church's offering. The terms holy sacrifice of the Mass, "sacrifice of praise," spiritual sacrifice, pure and holy sacrifice are also used, since it completes and surpasses all the sacrifices of the Old Covenant.
This is a demonic pagan practice. The Bible says: "By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Heb 10:10

Roman Catholics worship a dead Christ. All of their crucifixes display at fake dead Christ, who has never risen from the dead. They still have Him nailed to their crosses. I am sure Satan is most pleased with this pagan Bible-rejecting cult. You can't keep shedding His blood. It was ALL shed on the cross, and no pedophile can conjure of more of it, nor recreate His body! His body was transformed into a Heavenly body without flesh and blood!!

Reactions: r1xlx and marksman

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without getting into specifics, I do not believe the above.
For instance:
Is the Assumption consistent? Was Mary truly born without sin? (O.S.)
Is purgatory in the bible?
Did men confess themselves to a priest in 100 AD?
BTW, "Purgatory" is nowhere in the Bible. All that exists is the idea of "purging" us, here on Earth, of sinful things. It was Augustine who officially invented the concept of a stopping-off, holding area before arrival in Heaven so that people could be made good enough to enter Heaven. (However, there were some writings by other people about the "idea" earlier.)

St.Augustine was a total nutcase. He introduced a whole lot of pagan ideas into the church, such as sprinkling [baptism-not!] infants because they could never enter Heaven if they died without sprinkling. Jerome carried on with these magical pagan practices, forcing them into the Roman church. Priests even sprinkle cars in the church parking lot, for good luck!! Duh!

Last edited:
Reactions: marksman

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a demonic pagan practice.

Hello Stan,
On the contrary, this has been the practice of the Church from the very beginning, and recognized as the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11
I would challenge you to find any apostolic community that says otherwise.

The Bible says: "By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Heb 10:10

Amen!

Roman Catholics worship a dead Christ.

Really? This is just a bold faced lie.
Try again...

All of their crucifixes display at fake dead Christ, who has never risen from the dead. They still have Him nailed to their crosses.

How does displaying an image of the love of Christ for the world deny His resurrection? Your baseless assertions are, frankly, ridiculous.

His body was transformed into a Heavenly body without flesh and blood!!

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Jesus made it clear to Thomas that He had indeed risen bodily from the dead.

Peace !

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Stan,

Philip James sez>> "On the contrary, this has been the practice of the Church from the very beginning, and recognized as the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11
I would challenge you to find any apostolic community that says otherwise."

I am quite familiar with early church history, and it was common practice to include bread and wine in their evening meals, and in accordance with their Passover tradition, they pronounce a blessing over the bread, and again for the wine. Just like the church at Corinth, where bread and wine were included in their weekend evening service. No magical priest to transform their meal into a dead body event.

Then as the western church started to become corrupted, priests seized upon the opportunity to focus some sort of magical powers upon themselves. And the tradition of taking bread and wine home the sick by family members became forbidden along with laity in the church serving remembrance of the Lord.

Philip James sez>> "How does displaying an image of the love of Christ for the world deny His resurrection? Your baseless assertions are, frankly, ridiculous."

Perpetrating a lie of the devil is not an act of love, other than for the devil.

Philip James sez>> "Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Jesus made it clear to Thomas that He had indeed risen bodily from the dead. !"

A body that could summarily appear and disappear at will?? A body that could walk through walls? A body that could ascend into Heaven?

Are you serious?? Get real!!

Reactions: marksman
Status
Not open for further replies.