Why Do You Believe....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question is an open-ended question specifically pertaining to the reasons believers give credibility to the religious text their faith is built on. Why do you believe the compilation of writings that we call the Bible is what it claims to be?
Because it is the word of God.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe because when I prayed to God in repentance, Jesus answered me. Not Allah or Buddha. Jesus called my name and revealed himself to me. That’s why I believe.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question is an open-ended question specifically pertaining to the reasons believers give credibility to the religious text their faith is built on. Why do you believe the compilation of writings that we call the Bible is what it claims to be?

Because God granted me faith to believe.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Because God granted me faith to believe.
Rudo, how do you verify that YOUR faith and what it entails is directly bestowed upon you from the creator of creation as opposed to another person's faith that has an equally convicted opposing viewpoint?

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rudo, how do you verify that YOUR faith and what it entails is directly bestowed upon you from the creator of creation as opposed to another person's faith that has an equally convicted opposing viewpoint?

Can you clarify what you mean?

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Instead of seeking things that lead you to vanities, your time is better spent on learning what Jesus can do for you. While you're here in this world, you're here to make a choice.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Can you clarify what you mean?
Sorry about the ambiguity. I am referring to how you differentiate the validity of the faith that you say was bestowed upon you from the validity of another person's faith that is just as strongly held is something different than yours. My point in bringing up contrasting faiths is how it is fruitless to use the fact that one has faith as a measuring stick for the soundness, validity, and truth behind the tenets of that faith.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Instead of seeking things that lead you to vanities, your time is better spent on learning what Jesus can do for you. While you're here in this world, you're here to make a choice.
Were I to give all proclaimed figures of various faiths such consideration, I'd fail for lack of time. Why should Jesus, Krishna, Ra, Muhammed, or Azura Mazda move to the front of the line to e given consideration at the expense of others?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were I to give all proclaimed figures of various faiths such consideration, I'd fail for lack of time. Why should Jesus, Krishna, Ra, Muhammed, or Azura Mazda move to the front of the line to e given consideration at the expense of others?

my personal experience is that i see things that have so far happened in our past that the Bible was correct about some 2000 yrs ago. And its not just random luck type of things happening, but very specific things.
As for faith, the fact that there are so many different faiths, yet only the Bible has been so correct at predicting not only the future, but also in showing me that people who lived in deserts and had none of the same modern amenities that i do today, still suffered with basic sinful ways. We ALL have done the exact same sins, but only the circumstances around that sin are different. The Bible is the only book to reveal that to us.
So you’re basically asking me, why do i believe the Bible is truthful. And i would say, because it is the only book that answers who we are as humans, why are we here, and what will become of us. I aint seen no one other book do all that so far.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
So you’re basically asking me, why do i believe the Bible is truthful. And i would say, because it is the only book that answers who we are as humans, why are we here, and what will become of us. I aint seen no one other book do all that so far.

Many texts have done the very same thing and have (rightly so) been relegated to myth and historical fiction.
Bible has been so correct at predicting not only the future,
Here's where we have contention.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many texts have done the very same thing and have (rightly so) been relegated to myth and historical fiction.

Here's where we have contention.

i’ve yet to read 1 book that covers the entire beginning of mankind, and the future of mankind without 1 single error, except the Bible. It is the inerrant word of God.

Reactions: Cassandra

goppss

Feb 17, 2022
Caribbean
Faith
Christian
Country
Barbados
The evidence can be seen.
The creation and the bible confirm my belief. The God of the Bible manifest in the lives of those who allows Him to do so.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about the ambiguity. I am referring to how you differentiate the validity of the faith that you say was bestowed upon you from the validity of another person's faith that is just as strongly held is something different than yours. My point in bringing up contrasting faiths is how it is fruitless to use the fact that one has faith as a measuring stick for the soundness, validity, and truth behind the tenets of that faith.

God's Word is how I differentiate validity.

Ambiguity is unavoidable :)