Why Does God Allow This ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, too, have been there and done that. But I find in my experience as an atheist a rich mine of truths to assimilate into the Christian religion and my personal faith. God is good, truth is good, God is truth. But even atheists may speak truth, and when they do, perhaps they are not so far from God as they, and many Christians, imagine. However, I suspect we are not converging on agreement here, so I pass the thread on to others.

Best wishes, 2RM.

I enjoyed chatting with you....best of luck to you...

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous? Those who are reprehensible,
those who continue to perpetuate a callus disregard for life. I know of people who have impregnated women and then caused them to have an abortion because of their lack of moral responsibility. I know of alcoholics who blaspheme God, and those who work manipulative dishonest jobs and earn big money and still live a good life, even those who are self confessed atheists and still live prospress lives. Yet in spite of all these Godless attributes they still have homes to live in, jobs to go to, cars to drive and money to spend.

But then I know of many clean decent living christians true to the faith who suffer through hardships and poverty, who have no homes to live in, cars or money to spend, and many who are even destitute with many sorrows. So how is this to be understood? Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous?
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; 10 as it is written,
“There is none righteous, not even one;
11 There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;

We divide people into wicked and righteous by behavior, God says there is no one righteous and the only righteousness we can know is by faith.
Jesus taught this spiritual dichotomy.
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. Mark 10:18

13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?” Luke 11:13

We are sinners by nature who look to compare ourselves to other sinners whose sin seems so much worse than our own, yet our righteousness never compares to God's.
We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
We all fade like a leaf,
and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. Isaiah 64:6
Isaiah was a priest of the order of Aaron.

We all need a Savior, not just some of us and there is no sin that can't be forgiven but one, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous? Those who are reprehensible,
those who continue to perpetuate a callus disregard for life. I know of people who have impregnated women and then caused them to have an abortion because of their lack of moral responsibility. I know of alcoholics who blaspheme God, and those who work manipulative dishonest jobs and earn big money and still live a good life, even those who are self confessed atheists and still live prospress lives. Yet in spite of all these Godless attributes they still have homes to live in, jobs to go to, cars to drive and money to spend.

But then I know of many clean decent living christians true to the faith who suffer through hardships and poverty, who have no homes to live in, cars or money to spend, and many who are even destitute with many sorrows. So how is this to be understood? Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous?

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In gen 1.27-28 God gave man Dominion over all the earth.
In gen 3 man gives their Dominion to satan.

Jesus by the atonement gave man his Dominion back and satan is a defeated foe.

God can not therefore intervene as the things that happen on earth belone to mas chaos.
God does not make you sick, dead, or pretty.
That power was given to us

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

...because life is fleeting here and this is not our home. We are just passing through and are looking toward something better, not of this world.
Not many of God's people ever lived in luxury and neither did Christ's followers.

Hebrews 11
says:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated— 38 of whom the world was not worthy—wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir. I believe that was talking old Testament. Now there is a new covenant.

Also again. It was man and not God that did the hurt.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Now there is a new covenant.'

So, I have heard of such. What, do you think, is the new covenant?

Best wishes, 2RM

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes sir. I believe that was talking old Testament. Now there is a new covenant.

Also again. It was man and not God that did the hurt.
God subjected the creation to futility against its will
Reason is this is an evil fallen creation down here and God has supremacy over what he has made to work His eternal purposes.
The futility is no matter what the creation does, apart from God it can do nothing. The only relief from the curse of the fall is with Christ.
Curses from God have real power and real effects that are felt.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reason is this is an evil fallen creation down here

Try as I might, I just can't go along with this. Seems to me to be a very misanthropic view of people, society, the world. Mostly, I find, people are reasonably good, and I love them that way.

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try as i might, I just can't go along with this. Seems to me to be a very misanthropic view of people, society, the world. Mostly, I find, people are reasonably good, and I love them that way.

Best wishes, 2RM
Galatians 1:3-5 New King James Version
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

We can know we are living in this present evil age still today by simply seeing what happens in current events for one thing.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 11:23 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

The above that Jesus said also shows us we live in this present evil age.
The unsaved are aligned with devil and are against Christ. They may claim God as their father, but this is a lie.
They are at enmity with God and Christ and follow the wicked devil and desire to do the devil's will.
The devil for example does not want people getting saved, or putting Christian morality into the world. It can seem oh so peaceful and nice their ungodly antichrist ways.
Paul speaking of the church says it also this way about the unbelieving world that they are children of the coming wrath of God that will burn this world with an all consuming destructive fire and then God will give us a new earth.

Ephesians 2 New King James Version

1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God doesn't promise His followers prosperity. You cannot love both God and mammon( wealth ). You cannot serve 2 masters. We live in a fallen world and scripture has much to say about the suffering with the followers of Christ. Do not be suprized if the world hates you, it hated Me declares Jesus. John tell us do not love the things in this world. 1 John 2- Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father Who is in heaven. For He makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
(Jesus, Matthew 5:43-45)

Reactions: Lambano

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott Downey said: Reason is this is an evil fallen creation down here.

Try as i might, I just can't go along with this. Seems to me to be a very misanthropic view of people, society, the world. Mostly, I find, people are reasonably good, and I love them that way.
From a very human perspective, that's all well and good. But the Bible is not the word of humans, but the Word of God Himself.

Grace and peace to you.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God just is Love. I do not see how one can love, and not be like unto Him. I commend the strategy to you.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God just is Love.
That's sort of the issue, 2RM, really. I mean, not that that's a issue; I agree with you. But the issue is actually underestimating ~ albeit unintentionally ~ God's love, which is far greater than we can imagine or even to attain to.

I do not see how one can love, and not be like unto Him. I commend the strategy to you.
Right on, brother.

Grace and peace to you.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm. If you're willing I would like to discuss this further. I take it that God's love is infinite, just as He is. I see it being composed of depth (how much He loves) and breadth (His whole creation wide). Do you have any comment?

Best wishes, 2RM.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we be sure its always the devil perpetrating our hardships, how much does God think we can take experiencing life's horrors before our faith is effected to the point where we then turn against him? The trial and test in this life is often devastatingly hard, filled with much sorrow even to the point of it seeming cruel, and that at times wish you had never been born.

Yet in all this God professes his love for us in saying that He so loved the world that he gave his only son to die for us, and as such are encouraged to give thanks, praise, worship and honour to God which seems paradoxically confusing when it's God himself who has placed us under such an enduring test. I remember experiencing a time of great despair a complete loss and absence of all hope, and even then God did not answer prayer,

How much then does God think we can take?

Those who are truly faithful know following the example Jesus is the key. You will not be treated worst than Jesus Christ. The Only Begotten Son of God came to us as an innocent sinless human. He was always loving, caring, and kind dispite the way he was treated. We can't say we're innocent or sinless as Jesus was. We know that Satan causes much trouble for mankind but we also know that some of the hardship we bring upon ourselves because of mankind's greedy, unloving, attitude that so many have. Greed and the pursuit of power have caused many to be homeless, many to be hungry, so many die from starvation because the poor can't afford the food. Wars happen because of greed and power. We have the scriptures that the only True God has provided. If the world would study the scriptures and put into practice what they learn much of the problems could be alleviated. No one can blame God because the majority of the world choose not to read and study and put into practice his word. The True God has his time schedule which is a perfect time schedule when God will destroy this wicked world. So those who are truly faithful to the only True God YHWH know he will never allow anything to go beyond what we can bear.