Why Does God Allow This ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the poor reach out to God more
Plus, God is more present among the poor. I'm fact if he says I never knew you it's because you didn't know the poor.

Reactions: marks and Lambano

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This encapsulates my experiential faith with God right now. For a number of years there have been continual hardships from every side, the death of a wife, loss of business, ill health and poverty all of which have brought great despair and desolation. Such circumstances have caused me to now consider if this has been Gods will by an enduring test of faith? or just unfortunate? As you put it, do i shake a fist? or by faith continue to endure.
You have had a hard time of it and I am sorry for your loss and troubles.
Not sure how the system works in the UK, but here in Australia, government assistance has always been quite good for some, not so good for others. If you have worked hard all your life, you can expect that the government will support you in old age or sickness though not perfectly. But if you have not spent your money wisely or have accumulated a lot of debt, it’s a tough slog to keep your head above water financially.

If you own your own home, you are in a much better position to live comfortably (not extravagantly) on a pension or benefit payment, but if you have to find money for rent each week, it’s not so easy. I know many who are doing it tough. The cost of everything is going through the roof. Food, rent, fuel....it can be difficult.

Do you have family support? That is usually the fall back position, but if there is no family to support you till you get back on your feet, it can be very difficult to keep going.

Again, how do i know if all this loss and suffering has been a test of faith from God?
Are you one who actively “worships” or are you more of a passive “believer”? IOW are you actively involved with a particular church or are you one who simply orbits “Christianity” like a satellite?

“Christianity” has so many faces, it’s hard to know if we are serving our Creator acceptably.

I am of the firm belief that Christianity has to be active rather than passive. If we are not actively participating in worship that is approved by God, then I don’t believe that God really takes much notice of us. Why do I say that?
John 6:44...Jesus said....
“No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him...”
Then he said in verses 64-65...
“But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning those who did not believe and the one who would betray him. 65 He went on to say: “This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

We don’t even come into God’s field of vision unless he sees in us an obedient heart and a willing spirit. He then invites that person to get to know him and reveals his truth to them.
God wants active worshippers, not passive observers.

Luke 13:24...
“Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.”
Those who passively wait outside the door until it is too late will not get in.....

This coincides with Jesus’ parable of the two roads.....there are only two choices when it comes to serving God in this life.....we must be active worshippers who know what we believe and why we believe it, making God and his service our prime concern on a daily basis through careful study and application of what we learn from God’s word....this is the “Cramped road leading to life”....(Matthew 7:13-14)...it has a “narrow gate” and only those without ‘baggage’ can enter. They have to leave their ‘baggage’ behind and to be prepared to do it tough for Jesus’ sake if necessary.
That ‘baggage’ can be all our past negative experiences, hanging like a millstone around our necks and weighing us down so that moving forward is either very difficult or even impossible.

It isn’t God who causes us to carry that baggage, but the devil who loads us up because he wants us to fail. He is the one who brought all those trials upon Job, but God had his back, not allowing the devil to take him beyond his limits. So, what of those who do not have God backing them up? Does that mean that the devil will leave them alone? NO!

The way satan operates is to either get the faithful to stop putting faith in God, or to prevent anyone putting faith in God to start with....either way, he wins. We can’t let ourselves be his victims....God is as close as a prayer away.....we all have access to him, but we must have faith and demonstrate it by doing all we can to live as God instructs us.

I wish you peace....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous? Those who are reprehensible,
those who continue to perpetuate a callus disregard for life. I know of people who have impregnated women and then caused them to have an abortion because of their lack of moral responsibility. I know of alcoholics who blaspheme God, and those who work manipulative dishonest jobs and earn big money and still live a good life, even those who are self confessed atheists and still live prospress lives. Yet in spite of all these Godless attributes they still have homes to live in, jobs to go to, cars to drive and money to spend.

But then I know of many clean decent living christians true to the faith who suffer through hardships and poverty, who have no homes to live in, cars or money to spend, and many who are even destitute with many sorrows. So how is this to be understood? Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous?

You are asking what many souls have asked for centuries.

I can give you the words of King David paraphrased.

"I beheld the wicked and saw how they prospered and seemed to gain in all they do and I almost fell. Teach me to number my days so I may incline my hear to wisdom."

God does not support the wicked(unsaved), He has no relationship with them. They are lost and separated from god both now and for eternity! When the righteous suffer, God will use this to advance us in the kingdom. Why? I can't answer specifically. Gid uses the suffering we have to endure in a fallen world living in a fallen body to grow us into mature saints.

I am enduring right now continual pain because of severe, widespread and chronic arhtritis. I have depression and self-pity barking at me to let them in so I can snuff out my testimony. I prayed with other saints at our service to strengthen me against those negative emotions trying to gain control.

As much as I hate living in pain, I trust that God will work it to my good, even if I don't see how or why. I hope this helps.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous? Those who are reprehensible,
those who continue to perpetuate a callus disregard for life. I know of people who have impregnated women and then caused them to have an abortion because of their lack of moral responsibility. I know of alcoholics who blaspheme God, and those who work manipulative dishonest jobs and earn big money and still live a good life, even those who are self confessed atheists and still live prospress lives. Yet in spite of all these Godless attributes they still have homes to live in, jobs to go to, cars to drive and money to spend.

But then I know of many clean decent living christians true to the faith who suffer through hardships and poverty, who have no homes to live in, cars or money to spend, and many who are even destitute with many sorrows. So how is this to be understood? Why does God support the wicked yet condemn the righteous?
This is not the kingdom of God, not Heaven, but rather that which must come first. This is the last will and testimony of all mankind--then comes the Judgement.

God has poured out His spirit upon "all" flesh, both on the good and on the evil--on purpose. This is the power of God to raise those who love Him from the dead...and to be just and fair...to also--at the same time, condemn those who do not but prefer evil.

I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.’
Isaiah 45:7​

Do not be troubled.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that God allows the wicked to prosper because this momentary prosperity is temporary and the only reward they will get in this life or the next. This life is nothing but a test. I can relate to you as my life seems like a continual trial. But we have hope because God will reward us in the next life and eye has not seen nor ear heard what he prepared for us that love him. It will be worth all of this pain that you are going through.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think that God allows the wicked to prosper because this momentary prosperity is temporary and the only reward they will get in this life or the next. This life is nothing but a test. I can relate to you as my life seems like a continual trial. But we have hope because God will reward us in the next life and eye has not seen nor ear heard what he prepared for us that love him. It will be worth all of this pain that you are going through.
Some good thoughts here. I was thinking about this, this morning on my way home from work. Prosperity in this life can only last as long as the recipient is alive but children of God have all the blessings God has promised us for all eternity...

Inexplicable

Mar 22, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the righteous suffer, God will use this to advance us in the kingdom. God uses the suffering we have to endure in a fallen world living in a fallen body to grow us into mature saints.

This I believe, but when sufferings and hardships increase i begin to doubt and step away from God becoming despondent for a time, but then by faith find myself always returning to God.

Last edited:

Inexplicable

Mar 22, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If only in the face of sufferings and hardships it was definitive to know it's a test of faith from God, rather than doubt in thinking it's just a natural phenomenon. How much easier it would be to see it through, even to the point of spilling blood, as you would know there is a profitable come back to be redeemed for such faith, if i only new it was God working through me?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If only in the face of sufferings and hardships it was definitive to know it's a test of faith from God, rather than doubt in thinking it's just a natural phenomenon. How much easier it would be to see it through, even to the point of spilling blood, as you would know there is a profitable come back to be redeemed for such faith, if i only new it was God working through me?

Seems to me it's not an "either/or" question, but a "both/and" thing. In our age, God works His tests of faith through natural phenomena. And you are allowed to doubt, it is a perfectly reasonable state for humanity. As a bishop I once heard said: the opposite of faith is not doubt; it is certainty.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

He doesn't ,if you think that ,you need to understand His Word a lil more.
Free will , man is doing this ,also remember ,satan is the ruler of this age

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will use this to advance us in the kingdom. Why? I can't answer specifically. Gid uses the suffering we have to endure in a fallen world living in a fallen body to grow us into mature saints.
I really like to see awareness of the value suffering can offer to life in Christ. Christ died for the forgiveness of sin.
Suffering is an opportunity to forgive. That's why Jesus suffered on the cross. For the forgiveness of sin.

When we suffer like Him He can unite our suffering to His and we participate in His redeeming act. He shares His life with us.

Sin is why we live in a fallen world. That's why when we are suffering it seems unjust and we look for a reason to blame. Forgiveness instead conforms our lives to His.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I believe, but when sufferings and hardships increase begin to doubt and step away from God becoming despondent for a time, but then by faith find myself always returning to God.

That is the point, god will u se hard trials to improve us and draw us closer to HImself. He will do this always! Many times we do not even know what God is purifying us from until we are in the heat of the trial which God allows to draw us closer!

Inexplicable

Mar 22, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just like to thank everyone! for your support on this post. After witnessing creation, the glory of children and the wisdom of his word, I believe God is love, and as penetratingly hard as trials in this life can be, I'm sure there is a justifiable conclusion to it all..

Blessings.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just like to thank everyone! for your support on this post. After witnessing creation, the glory of children and the wisdom of his word, I believe God is love, and as penetratingly hard as trials in this life can be, I'm sure there is a justifiable conclusion to it all..

Blessings.

I have a theory about this. Seems to me God does not test us beyond our ability to cope. And though that coping is sometimes very hard, it provides us with the opportunity to develop and grow in the virtues, recognise those virtues in others, and appreciate them and the struggles they cost. And the virtues are the very riches of heaven.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This encapsulates my experiential faith with God right now. For a number of years there have been continual hardships from every side, the death of a wife, loss of business, ill health and poverty all of which have brought great despair and desolation. Such circumstances have caused me to now consider if this has been Gods will by an enduring test of faith? or just unfortunate? As you put it, do i shake a fist? or by faith continue to endure.

Again, how do i know if all this loss and suffering has been a test of faith from God?
Do you still believe in Christ, if so then yes, you are laying up treasure, an inheritance in heaven.

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Living Before God Our Father
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

The Enduring Word
22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 24 because

“All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever.”

Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only one who could have given world rulership over to the devil...and that was God himself.
Not intending to be picky, but the rulership off this world was given to Satan by Adam. It was Adam who before the fall had 'dominion' over all the earth. All loving creatures and the earth itself was his realm. But when he and Eve surrendered their wills to the tempter, they also surrendered their sovereignty. They second Adam, Jesus, by refusing to sin and relinquish His will to Satan, won back the rulership on behalf of man, hence when the time comes, the meek shall inherit the earth.
Because all things work together for good to them that love God, and who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Also worth considering. God does love the wicked as much as He loves the redeemed. Shall He withhold this life's blessings to those He knows will have no life in eternity? Another question to ponder... We all have free will, and God is giving the wicked, within certain limitations, the desires of their heart. But who knows if the wicked are actually happy and content? From my observation, despite their wealth, they seem to have more problems and issues going on than the poor. Could that discontent lead them to repentance? There is no peace, sayeth the Lord, to the wicked.
It is one thing to endure the life of penury, it is quite another to endure the life of wealth.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not intending to be picky, but the rulership off this world was given to Satan by Adam. It was Adam who before the fall had 'dominion' over all the earth. All loving creatures and the earth itself was his realm. But when he and Eve surrendered their wills to the tempter, they also surrendered their sovereignty. They second Adam, Jesus, by refusing to sin and relinquish His will to Satan, won back the rulership on behalf of man, hence when the time comes, the meek shall inherit the earth.

Because all things work together for good to them that love God, and who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Also worth considering. God does love the wicked as much as He loves the redeemed. Shall He withhold this life's blessings to those He knows will have no life in eternity? Another question to ponder... We all have free will, and God is giving the wicked, within certain limitations, the desires of their heart. But who knows if the wicked are actually happy and content? From my observation, despite their wealth, they seem to have more problems and issues going on than the poor. Could that discontent lead them to repentance? There is no peace, sayeth the Lord, to the wicked.
It is one thing to endure the life of penury, it is quite another to endure the life of wealth.
No, not the same great love. Proof right here
Ephesians 2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

the reasnon you are saved by grace alone is because God loved you with a great love..and not the others.

, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Time and chance happen to all. But all share the same event, they will all likewise die.

I suggest reading Ecclesiastes a number of times.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite