Why does God give people over to a reprobate mind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul only mentioned the tendency to perform improper acts due to rejecting biblical principles,

Nonsense.
Paul is relating that perverted gay desires are an extreme offense to God, to the point, that God "gives them over to a reprobate mind".

You might recall that the SAME GOD, in the OT, burned them in Sodom and Gomorrah, for the same reason.

However in Romans 1, He does not burn them., ..>He "gives them over to a reprobate mind".

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says that is one of the consequences of rejecting the truth ... There are many other consequences of doing that. Read the whole passage and you'll understand that point.

Don't you know any other consequence for rejecting the evident truth? I see, for example, false Christians acting worse than unbelievers ... since they do not approve the real fruit of the spirit of God. God lets them deceive themselves and act on their own wrong ideas, because they don't accept the truth when they hear it, like Paul reminds us in 2 Tess. 2:6-12. Don't you realize it is a similar idea: people deceive by their one missconduct and wrong ideas? ... because God let them be.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul says that is one of the consequences of rejecting the truth ... There are many other consequences of doing that. Read the whole passage and you'll understand that point.

Paul is very specific about that situation and those who are the reason for the verses.
Read more carefully.

And "HELL" is a consequence of rejecting this Truth.. John 14:6

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sure, Paul knew what he was talking about, and all who read the inspired writing and its context ...

The people Paul was talking about, were clearly defined as sexual perverts., who were "given over to a reprobate mind".

These verses do not talk about backsliders, or unbelievers as the context.
They are strictly related to sexual perversion.

So, let me ask you a question.
Do you believe that Homosexual sex, is a sin?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people Paul was talking about, were clearly defined as sexual perverts., who were "given over to a reprobate mind".

These verses do not talk about backsliders, or unbelievers as the context.
They are strictly related to sexual perversion.

So, let me ask you a question.
Do you believe that Homosexual sex, is a sin?
And now a strong delusion to beleive a lie has been sent . They now have the all inclusive gospel which says
GOD is fine with homosexuality . AND FOLKS are being given over to belive the lie . THE LIE which is and has also led
to this acceptance of all religoins as valid nonsense . An all out reprobation romans one level has struck with a vengeance
And more and more are being led into the lie of acceptance of sins and the lie of not even having to BELIEVE IN JESUS to be saved .
ITS A NASTY LIE INDEED . But you would marvel at how they spun it under the word LOVE . And folks IS BUYING IT UP .
NO LAMB EVER WILL . WE STICKING TO THE GOSPEL .

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again: read the whole passage, not only a fragment, so you can get the whole idea. Maybe you are missing this part:

(New American Standard Bible) Rom. 1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a depraved mind, to do those things that are not proper, 29 people having been filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unfeeling, and unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also approve of those who practice them.

Have a good day.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again: read the whole passage, not only a fragment, so you can get the whole idea. Maybe you are missing this part:

(New American Standard Bible) Rom. 1:28And just as they did not see fit [v]to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a depraved mind, to do those things that arenot proper, 29people having been filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice; they are gossips, 30slanderers, [w]haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31without understanding, untrustworthy, unfeeling, and unmerciful; 32and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also approve of those who practice them.

Have a good day.
This delusion of the all inclusion has taken captive more and more churches as it has the entire world .
A lie sold under the word love . and folks are buying this false love lie . Following what they think is a kind and caring and loving god
when in truth , ITS SATAN . HE is this false love god which has omitted the gospel , the very fact one has to believe to be saved
and turned it into a false love which leadeth all to the second death . TWO THINGS we better well know
A , YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS , CONFESS HIM by mouth and believing from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead .
And B , JESUS AINT THE MINISTIR OF NO MANS SINS PEROID . we better learn our bibles is all i can say to us all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Now answer my question, instead of dodging it.

Do YOU believe that Homosexuality, Homosexual sex, is a SIN. ?
I accept what the Scriptures say:

1 Cor. 6:9 or do you not know that unjust men will not inherit God’s Reign? Make no mistake: neither libertines nor idolaters nor adulterers nor any who practice sodomy or submit to it 10 nor thieves nor overreaching or drunken or abusive or grasping people will inherit the Reign of God.

So homosexual acts are not the only acts God does not accept. AND I believe this also:

1 Cor. 6:11 And that is what you, some of you, were; but you were washed clean! you were sanctified! but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God!

So then I am not judging anyone, since people can change as some did in the first century and also in modern times, and I am not talking only about those who practice sexual acts that God does not approve, but other kind of acts that He won't allow in the new world either and Paul mentions in 1 Cor. 6:9,10 a lot of them ... the same he does in Rom. 1:28-32.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712 and Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do YOU believe that Homosexuality, Homosexual sex, is a SIN. ?
May I play?

I think "Homosexuality" is a mental illness ... evidence that someone is "broken" on a very deep level (perhaps irreparably so). It COULD come from an organic abnormality (very rare), or a childhood trauma/dysfunctional situation (too common), or it could have "spiritual roots". I have met too many to believe that "one size fits all".

I know "Homosexual sex" is a SIN. Scripture is clear. We just need to be clear to set guardrails: It is never "ok" or "not a sin in this case" no matter what the ultra-seeker-friendly "Church" might claim. It is also NOT the "unpardonable sin". It is included with a lot of lists of a lot of sins that get much less "air time".

Romans 1:18-32 is something very special (in my opinion). There just are not that many places where God peels back the curtain and shows us how and why He does things ... but this is one of those precious moments. I think we are seeing something that is about a LOT more than just "Homosexuality" (although the unnaturalness of Homosexual relations is made crystal clear to anyone that reads it honestly). I think that the general HEDONISM of Roman Culture needs to be remembered so we can understand that this is how THAT UNIVERSAL EVIL played out "then and there" so that we can apply the more universal lessons to "here and now". If we are too focused on the literal details, we will stand firm in the knowledge that WE don't worship statues made of stone in the shape of animals and fantastic creatures ... and we will miss the "golden idols" that permeate OUR CULTURE. We will focus on the sins that THEY freely gave themselves over to and ignore the sins conjured by OUR reprobate minds.

SIDE NOTE: "THEY" and "OUR" refer to the people of the Worldly Culture in that time and place ... not to any "saints" that God has redeemed from the world.

So (imho), Romans 1:18-32 describes how God universally "gives men over" to their sinful desires when they reject Him. It is the flip side of "Sanctification". Sanctification describes how God draws the saved closer to the goal of being more like Christ. Romans 1:18-32 describes how God allows some that want to flee from the light to move ever further from the light.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not read my posts I am not playing your game.
Again: have a good one :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
May I play?

I think "Homosexuality" is a mental illness ..

Its not a mental illness.
"Transgender" is a mental illness.

Homosexuality is a Lust issue. Its a burning lust that desires sexual depravity.
A Pop singer once defined it in song as ... a "Constant Craving"...
And its "catching".....
In other words, its a sexual lust desire that can captivate a Heterosexual, and lead them into this perverted sexuality.

Homosexuals know this, and that is why they RECRUIT, as they can't reproduce homosexuals.

God knows that Homosexuality is like a virus, and it will capture the imagination of those who are associated with it.
The reason that God burned Sodom and Gomorrah, is because He was stopping the spread of it.

In the USA, about every 3rd commercial on TV has 2 women or 2 men, GAY, in it........obvious.
Why?
Because its by association with the Gay lifestyle that you become at first, accepting, and then considering.
The Devil owns the media in this world..>He runs it, and he has a twisted sexuality and promotes and teaches it in these "end times" using the media, and even in SCHOOLS.

You, born again reader, probably wont be affected by watching 2 women kiss in a TV commercial that is selling Chocolate candy.
But your KIDS will be affected by it, as they are being TRAINED = Recruited.
Thats a fact.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you do not read my posts I am not playing your game.
Again: have a good one

I read your posts, and that is why i asked you the question 3X.

I just wanted to make sure that you personally could not condemn Homosexual sex, as being a sin.
And you can't, and i asked you in at least 3 posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is answered in my post #30. Try and understand it. I do not indulge whims.
If you continue with the same question, I will ignore you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your question is answered in my post #30. Try and understand it. I do not indulge whims.
If you continue with the same question, I will ignore you.

I asked you if you believe that Homosexuality (Gay sex) is a sin.

Your response was........ #30 Post....= "i won't judge anyone".

However that answer is a FAIL, and its not honest.
Why?
Because i didn't ask you, ElieG12, if you could or would judge anyone.
I asked you if you believe that Homosexuality (Gay sex), is a sin.

That is a very clear and direct question, that You still refuse to answer.
So, that is your answer., and you have shown us all.

Now, The reason i asked, is, because you wanted to avoid the context of 1: 25-28. (Romans).
You wanted to generalize Romans 1, into..>everyone and anyone could be that one.
But that is not the case, as not everyone, not every unbeliever has a REPROBATE mind.
See, a Reprobate mind is a "seared conscience".
God has not turned all unbelievers OVER to that mind, simply because of their unbelief, as if God did this, then non of them could ever believe on Christ and be saved.
So, Romans was specific to whom has this Reprobate mind, and why....and because you didnt want to accept who "THEY" are, and wanted to reinvent the verse as anyone, i decided to see if i could find out why.
Thanks for the revelation.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The adjective translated "Reprobate" in the KJV ("Depraved" in the NASB20) is ἀδόκιμον, "adokimon", which means "unfit; failing the test". Paul is making a play on the word ἐδοκίμασαν "edokimasan" in the first part of the sentence, which could be translated as

"Just as they did not see fit to have knowledge of God, God turned them over to an unfit mind to do things that are not proper".

I love a good pun, even in Koine Greek.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devoting one's life to temporary pleasures and get some bad personal consequences is not the only result of departing from biblical principles. Paul only mentioned the tendency to perform improper acts due to rejecting biblical principles, but it is obvious that this rejecting the truth has many more bad consequences. The bad consequences extend much further than just the personal life of each individual; they affect the society and even the planet. The passage has a very general meaning, but it is always about rejecting the truth and the correctness from God's point of view.

PS: the Bible that is quoted in the first post is the New American Standard Version ... It looks that you got a fixation problem.

thank you for taking time to share.