Why God did not want Tyre, Sidon and Sodom might be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CarlosB

Jul 11, 2013
Thus it is written:

Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
Mateus 11:20-24
Why did not God make signs where he knew they would repent, unwilling as they were saved. And why he did most of the signs in a place where he knew they would not repent?

CarlosB

Jul 11, 2013
veteran said:
See Gen.18:20-22. It was because of their wickedness and the cries that had come up to The LORD because of it.
wrong

We speak of the works of God and not the works of men, we're talking about the passage in Matthew and not the passage of Genesis.

The question is:

Why did not God save those cities since Jesus said that they would repent if God did signs as he was doing there?

So to say that the sins of Chorazin and Bethsaida is worse than those cities, so why not do? If there is free will, because God does not opportunity for repentance?

Furthermore repentance is God's work and not man's work:

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Atos 11:18
And again:

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2ª Timoteo 2:25
Ok, I'll answer because I know that no one who believes in free will may know.

The answer is right after I wrote, are the following verses, Christ himself answers:

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and {he} to whomsoever the Son will reveal {him}.
Mateus 11:25-27

It is always God's election, and never the choice or the works of man.

And so once again the lie of free will is destroyed.