Why God forsake Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Matthew, I don’t tend to use eBay, but my daughter does. Not sure if I will be able to get it over here though as postage is usually sky high , so it works out to expensive ( sometimes cheaper to buy a new copy xx
That is true, you could also look for local shops you may have, or another town may have that may actually have this book and sell it for cheap too. Though sometimes going into business they always do not have exactly what you are looking for. There is a local shop that doesn't have Easy to Read version bible, however when talking to him, I asked him if he could order it for me. It is a very useful book in my opinion! Especially when it comes down to understanding what words meant way back when. There at one time was this man who owned this church, he would only have about 8 people show up. He gave me for free a strongs concordance but I rarely used it, but I imagine it has some type of use. Even Youngs, who wrote Youngs Literal Translation of the Bible, made a dicitonary along side, his work of translating. Really interesting stuff, especially when it comes to words concerning the bible. You are welcome, Rita. All the best in Christ, sister, and to all out there.

Reactions: Rita

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, but you still have the forsaken part for a moment of time, there is no way to just contradict the saying.
This is a problem that most people have.
Do NOT feel alone in this problem.

When we view Jesus's humanity we lose sight of his divinity. Jesus is God. God is Jesus. And conversely when we focus on Jesus's divinity we lose sight of his humanity.
Jesus was/is both human and divine.
God cannot stop being God....like ever. He cannot forsake himself. Yes, God became human to have the whole human experience including such things as surprise. (Which as an omniscient God He could not have) And as the "perfect man" AKA the second Adam He became the sacrifice necessary to atone for our sins.

When Paul says that "Jesus became sin"...he was speaking metaphorically....not realistically.

Where you claim I'm negating what He said....I believe myself to be emphasizing it when you look at the full context of the 22nd Psalm. It only appeared that God forsook His Son to those around him because they were consumed by, overwhelmed with his humanity. Completely dismissing His divinity.

Don't try to comprehend it....just apprehend it.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some translate the op as "My Elohim, My YHVH, for this I have been appointed" --- a total surrender to Abba's Purpose as always, perfectly and totally willingly.
Because Jesus is speaking Hebrew.

Hebrew is a metaphoric language and English is the worst receptor language for a metaphoric language like Hebrew where more than one meaning can be had from a single word construct. Often English has no equivalent word to make a proper translation with because we are from a Westernized mindset some 5,000 years after this poetic Psalm was written.

You cannot go with the exacting definitions English contains when reading Hebrew. Don't go beyond what is written like EVER...
But "forsaken" is along the lines of "ostracized" or "Apostacized"....not "cut off momentarily" or "deliberately forgotten/ignored momentarily" which is what earlier translators had issues with theologically speaking and had no real knowledge of 22nd Psalm

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a problem that most people have.
Do NOT feel alone in this problem.

When we view Jesus's humanity we lose sight of his divinity. Jesus is God. God is Jesus. And conversely when we focus on Jesus's divinity we lose sight of his humanity.
Jesus was/is both human and divine.
God cannot stop being God....like ever. He cannot forsake himself. Yes, God became human to have the whole human experience including such things as surprise. (Which as an omniscient God He could not have) And as the "perfect man" AKA the second Adam He became the sacrifice necessary to atone for our sins.

When Paul says that "Jesus became sin"...he was speaking metaphorically....not realistically.

Where you claim I'm negating what He said....I believe myself to be emphasizing it when you look at the full context of the 22nd Psalm. It only appeared that God forsook His Son to those around him because they were consumed by, overwhelmed with his humanity. Completely dismissing His divinity.

Don't try to comprehend it....just apprehend it.

And God also can not die. Unfortunately the topic which not allowed to be talked about here on the forum concerning the "trinity." It seems that many have a misconception concerning, Yahavah, Yahavahs Word, and the Holy Spirit of Yahavah.

Many people are unable to really say anything than he was quoting a "psalm" yes, a a psalm that came into fulfillment.

While you may continue to suggest that God did not forsake his Son while he was on the cross, really diminishes that love that Yeshua, continued to have even during the whole episode continued forward to give up his own life, for all people, and for his Father on the cross...

It is saddening.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what is the book you have shown here, I have been looking for a book like this for years- can you let me know the title and author please x

I have found that even though I have a lot of these types of books to help, that I have to dig much deeper than what they present.

Take for instance Genesis 12:3, it tells us that Israel will be a blessing to all of the people who abide in His fertile soil. The Hebrew Root in this case is H:0127 which has the meaning of "soil." The same Hebrew word can be found in Gen 2:7

Genesis 2:7: - 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of His fertile soil/field and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

When we begin to dig deeper into the meaning and context, I have found that a very different picture is revealed.

This takes time and effort to mine for/find the gems/treasures in God's word.

Shalom

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He still was forsaken.

Jesus is claiming such on the cross, no matter how many times anyone suggest that he was not... they would be contradicting Yeshuas word,

"My Yahavah (God), My Yahavah (God), why have you forsaken me?"

Either it is true or false... people have to make up their own decision. It personally does not bother me of Christ leaving Yeshua, or God in Christ leaving Yeshua, to die on the cross...

He never forgot about him, and Yeshua, did not stop continuing to love his Father, and give up his life for all people...

People tend to diminish what Yeshua had done greatly when they suggest that Yeshua was not forsaken at all.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He still was forsaken.

Jesus is claiming such on the cross, no matter how many times anyone suggest that he was not... they would be contradicting Yeshuas word,

"My Yahavah (God), My Yahavah (God), why have you forsaken me?"

Either it is true or false... people have to make up their own decision. It personally does not bother me of Christ leaving Yeshua, or God in Christ leaving Yeshua, to die on the cross...

He never forgot about him, and Yeshua, did not stop continuing to love his Father, and give up his life for all people...

People tend to diminish what Yeshua had done greatly when they suggest that Yeshua was not forsaken at all.

<"My Yahavah (God), My Yahavah (God), why have you forsaken me?" Either it is true or false...>
Read the yellow highlighted text, and say WHICH is false, MAN'S version, <God, you have forsaken me>, or the Psalmist who, inspired by the Holy Ghost unambiguously wrote: “You have NOT (My Father) hidden your face for Him (Your Son)”.

1713362135608.png

1713441153928.png

1713441182316.png

1713441211773.png

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG what is the book you have shown here, I have been looking for a book like this for years- can you let me know the title and author please x
look on the web for e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with and electronic edge. It is a free on-line Bible study site. Vine's is one of the many Dictionaries available with e-Sword. That site has been my go-to web site for several years now.

Reactions: Rita and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<"My Yahavah (God), My Yahavah (God), why have you forsaken me?" Either it is true or false...>
Read the yellow highlighted text, and say WHICH is false, MAN'S version, <God, you have forsaken me>, or the Psalmist who, inspired by the Holy Ghost unambiguously wrote: “You have NOT (My Father) hidden your face for Him (Your Son)”.

View attachment 44494

Yahavah by his Spirit couldn't remain with Yeshua, whom became sin, thus Yahavah forsake him... I do not understand why people have an issue with that. I personally have no issue with this because Yeshua even though abandon being separated and left to die with Yahavah with Him, but continue to have hope that his Father would come through on his promises, and then gives up his life for his Father and for the world willingly...

It seems a lot of people diminish the work of Yeshua, during this separation from Yahavah which is Christ leaving Jesus to die on the cross, being raised again by the Holy spirit of Yahavah on the third day. In no way am I denying that Yeshua was God with us, however Yeshua, is stating that he is being forsake... but people continue to say no...

Yeshua was not forsaken...

If infering "humanism" I believe that is incapable of being mentioned as for... it was the Word of Yahavah, carrying out the works of Yahavah, to achieve Yahavahs will, by willingly his Word, in flesh, named Jesus, gave up his life, for all people on the cross... but he was separated from his Father, as he calls out My God My God, why have you forsaken me...

Christ within Jesus was leaving that body becoming the sin sacrifice.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahavah by his Spirit couldn't remain with Yeshua, whom became sin, thus Yahavah forsake him... I do not understand why people have an issue with that. I personally have no issue with this because Yeshua even though abandon being separated and left to die with Yahavah with Him, but continue to have hope that his Father would come through on his promises, and then gives up his life for his Father and for the world willingly...

It seems a lot of people diminish the work of Yeshua, during this separation from Yahavah which is Christ leaving Jesus to die on the cross, being raised again by the Holy spirit of Yahavah on the third day. In no way am I denying that Yeshua was God with us, however Yeshua, is stating that he is being forsake... but people continue to say no...

Yeshua was not forsaken...

If infering "humanism" I believe that is incapable of being mentioned as for... it was the Word of Yahavah, carrying out the works of Yahavah, to achieve Yahavahs will, by willingly his Word, in flesh, named Jesus, gave up his life, for all people on the cross... but he was separated from his Father, as he calls out My God My God, why have you forsaken me...

Christ within Jesus was leaving that body becoming the sin sacrifice.

Now with sin being done away with - the only sin that really remains is unbelief.

As it is belief in faith which one becomes right with Yahavah.

Romans
5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; 4 and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Christ in Our Place​

6 For when we were still without strength, [d]in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I know not of a Yahahavahweh what's 'is name alias <christ within jesus leaving that body becoming the sin sacrifice>. I thought Jesus the Christ was the Lamb of God slain from before the foundation of the world--ts ts.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know not of a Yahahavahweh what's 'is name alias <christ within jesus leaving that body becoming the sin sacrifice>. I thought Jesus the Christ was the Lamb of God slain from before the foundation of the world--ts ts.

It was Abraham, whom stated that "Yahavah would provide a lamb for the sacrifice." As he spoke to his son, whom he was going to slay for Yahweh/Yahavah/Jehovah.

Many people deem that the name of God or the use of it is unimportant, or it is so holy you aren't allowed to say it.

Exodus 33:19 The LORD replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.

Exodus 33:19 and He saith, 'I cause all My goodness to pass before thy face, and have called concerning the Name of Jehovah before thee, and favoured him whom I favour, and loved him whom I love.'

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gerhard, do you think that God could become sin? While it was known as the Messiah whom dies on the cross, there seems to be a separation happening... I agree with Yeshua, being the Lamb of God, and also the Messiah, or Christ. There is a passage in scripture that states that Yahavah, was within Christ, reconciling the world unto himself. By and through the body, which the Word of God, has made use to become the sacrifice for sin due to the blood being pure. Eternal. He fulfilled all of the old covenants, and promises foretold to come unto the generation of that day, and instate the new covenant. I personally just see, that Yeshua crying on the cross, crying "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me" - he is no longer calling him his Father right here at this point, and it seems that there has to be a reason for this wouldnt you say? For me, it would be Yahavah in Christ, leaving him abandon on the cross. Because he was to die and pay for the price of sin...

Could Yahavah reside within the body of sin, that was yet to be justified to be able to pay for sin, until three days had passed and the promises that the Lord Jesus, the anointed one, the messiah, by and through the holy spirit of Yahavah, and being the Word of God (the heart of God), and relationship with his Father, for the first time ever was separated as Jesus cries "My God My God, why have you forsaken me," He is stating it for a reason, of course it brings people back to Psalm 22.

Forsaken, but heard, redeemed and glorified, - never becoming faithless - resurrected, by and through the Holy Spirit of Yahavah.

Many people seem to diminish the words of Yeshua, in my opinion by not considering them at all.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Many people seem to diminish the words of Yeshua, in my opinion by not considering them at all.
Multitudes on earth seem to hear, or claim to hear, and are being taught to follow some "spirit".

With grievous , fatal, perhaps, consequences.

Jesus' sheep , Jesus Says, Hear Jesus' Voice, and follow Jesus, and will not follow another.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Multitudes on earth seem to hear, or claim to hear, and are being taught to follow some "spirit".

With grievous , fatal, perhaps, consequences.

Jesus' sheep , Jesus Says, Hear Jesus' Voice, and follow Jesus, and will not follow another.

Re: <When Paul says that "Jesus became sin"...> THIS IS INSANITY! And it's not Paul.
View attachment 44523

The important thing to know is that Jesus prayed to his Father that people would come to know the true God, and the Lord Jesus whom he had sent… there has to be some merit… there though it people claim Jesus is just talking about himself…

Jesus isn’t just talking to himself when he says “my God my God, why have you forsaken me” either.

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?
God sometimes leave people when they have sin. Not saying Jesus was a sinner, but the sins of the world were applied to Jesus.

Isaiah53
6We all like sheep have gone astray,
each one has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid upon Him
the iniquity of us all.