Why is God letting evil things happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were definitely inspired to write all that. I hope it speaks to the one for whom it is meant. For me,it was too long and not truly relevant to the singular matter.

Ephesians 1:11
“God works all things after the counsel of his will.”

What if there was never planted a tree bearing the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil?

Matthew 25:34
Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Revelation 13:8
“All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.”

Revelation 20
The Judgment of the Dead
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if there was never planted a tree bearing the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil?
Then there would of been no need of the law, no need for man to know his need for God, no need for salvation, no need for eternal life.
No need for hope, no need for faith.
No need for man to become the image and likeness of God and become sons of God.
No trials, no testing, no chastisement, no judgment, no punishment.

ANARCHY.

Hugs

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there would of been no need of the law, no need for man to know his need for God, no need for salvation, no need for eternal life.
No need for hope, no need for faith.
No need for man to become the image and likeness of God and become sons of God.
No trials, no testing, no chastisement, no judgment, no punishment.

ANARCHY.

Hugs
Forgive my observation as it is sincere. I don't think you really considered the question. Because everything you observed is due to that tree having been planted in Eden.

Adam and Eve had a deep awareness and relationship with God before eating of that tree, before the fall that separated them from God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive my observation as it is sincere. I don't think you really considered the question. Because everything you observed is due to that tree having been planted in Eden.

Adam and Eve had a deep awareness and relationship with God before eating of that tree, before the fall that separated them from God.
Adam was not created with Spiritual material.
Adam was created from the dust of the ground.
Adam was created earthy. not spiritually.

Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Adam was no different then the beasts of the earth.

Gen 2:19
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Rom 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.

Lot of talk about who was predestined and who was chosen from the foundation of the earth. So many threads, so many posts.
And I will make your seed as the dust of the earth... who? Israel.
Fast forward 4000 years.
Mary a young woman out of thousands is chosen to bare the physical body, the vessel, the temple in which God himself will reside.
Mary is of the dust of the ground/earth. She is a seed of Israel.
This is the dust of the earth that Adam was formed from.
But Jesus was not just born with the breath as all beasts have. Jesus was born with the spirit of God in him.

Adam was not.

God took the dust of the ground and formed man. This man Adam only had the breath as animals have.
This dust which God formed the man from is the foundation of Israel. It is the seed of all those who have ever been chosen and predestined since the foundation of the world.
This is the chosen seed God took and planted in his garden.
Chosen for what? To be destined to become the sons of God.
In order to have children you need a vessel that can carry a child. Thus Eve was taken from Adam to be a help meet for Adam.
Meaning Adam (unlike todays thinking) could not bare children. See: What is a Woman.

Jesus would have no kingdom without subjects to serve him and love him and honor him and live by him.
So a woman was needed. Called the church.
There would be no Eve without Adam. There would be no church without Christ.

It was inevitable that Adam and Eve would take from the tree, because they were made subject to vanity.
They were made SUBJECT/servants of.. vanity.
But with that subjection to vanity also came subjection to hope.

What is hope for?
Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Did Adam know that death was imminent? He had lived among the animals and the birds and the creatures in the sea.
Did all these animals have eternal life in them, or did he witness the circle of life through them?
Did the old ones die and new ones were being born?
Did he know that the same fate awaited him?
Did Eve know?

1Ti 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Adam knew that he was flesh and blood.
Eve believed that she could take eternal life instead of it being a gift from God.
Adam ate because he loved Eve and condemned himself to eternal death with her.
Like Romeo and Juliet.

But God had a plan......
It had to be this way.

Genesis and the Gospel are mirror images of themselves. When you overlay them you can see the whole picture.

I hope this wasn't too long..
Hugs

Reactions: Shittim

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this also, before giving in to the temptation, A&E walked & talked with God, having need of nothing but his provisions.

Genesis 2 & 3 make plain the plan of God before the foundation of the world for the fall of man & redemption. The decision of free-will; the tree of the knowledge of good / evil set before them, forbidden, obey and continue living in that intimate relationship with God or by listening to someone other than God, choose death. Disobedience was the choice they made, choosing to believe the lie rather than truth. He sets this same choice before all, choose truth & live or believe the lie and be damned in delusions.

Had they thought to or had an opportunity to then eat from the tree of life there would have been no need for salvation; creation would have consisted of only the two.

God's plan and ways are perfect, filled with love, mercy & judgement. His ways are far above our finite thinking and he seeks no council from his creation.

Make choices wisely, seeking the leading of the Spirit in the word. It is still a choice of life and death to all whom have ever breathed. Jesus is the tree of life offered to mankind, now.....CHOOSE WHOM YOU WILL SERVE !

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea who you are talking to. You're obviously at a loss to continue speaking as an adult so we are finished here. When you fall into the sin of personal slights and insults you've no business discussing scripture.
Thank you, I as well have no desire to communicate with you.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was not created with Spiritual material.
Adam was created from the dust of the ground.
Adam was created earthy. not spiritually.

Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Adam was no different then the beasts of the earth.

Gen 2:19
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Rom 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.

Lot of talk about who was predestined and who was chosen from the foundation of the earth. So many threads, so many posts.
And I will make your seed as the dust of the earth... who? Israel.
Fast forward 4000 years.
Mary a young woman out of thousands is chosen to bare the physical body, the vessel, the temple in which God himself will reside.
Mary is of the dust of the ground/earth. She is a seed of Israel.
This is the dust of the earth that Adam was formed from.
But Jesus was not just born with the breath as all beasts have. Jesus was born with the spirit of God in him.

Adam was not.

God took the dust of the ground and formed man. This man Adam only had the breath as animals have.
This dust which God formed the man from is the foundation of Israel. It is the seed of all those who have ever been chosen and predestined since the foundation of the world.
This is the chosen seed God took and planted in his garden.
Chosen for what? To be destined to become the sons of God.
In order to have children you need a vessel that can carry a child. Thus Eve was taken from Adam to be a help meet for Adam.
Meaning Adam (unlike todays thinking) could not bare children. See: What is a Woman.

Jesus would have no kingdom without subjects to serve him and love him and honor him and live by him.
So a woman was needed. Called the church.
There would be no Eve without Adam. There would be no church without Christ.

It was inevitable that Adam and Eve would take from the tree, because they were made subject to vanity.
They were made SUBJECT/servants of.. vanity.
But with that subjection to vanity also came subjection to hope.

What is hope for?
Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Did Adam know that death was imminent? He had lived among the animals and the birds and the creatures in the sea.
Did all these animals have eternal life in them, or did he witness the circle of life through them?
Did the old ones die and new ones were being born?
Did he know that the same fate awaited him?
Did Eve know?

1Ti 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Adam knew that he was flesh and blood.
Eve believed that she could take eternal life instead of it being a gift from God.
Adam ate because he loved Eve and condemned himself to eternal death with her.
Like Romeo and Juliet.

But God had a plan......
It had to be this way.

Genesis and the Gospel are mirror images of themselves. When you overlay them you can see the whole picture.

I hope this wasn't too long..
Hugs
Did not the Creator breath the breath of life into Adam? And the Creation of Adam was a different process than the rest of Creation.
best wishes

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did not the Creator breath the breath of life into Adam? And the Creation of Adam was a different process than the rest of Creation.
best wishes
No I don't believe so.
I believe God breathed in the man the same life that all living things have. And man became a living soul or body. An animate being. As opposed to just an image like an idol.

They were barred from partaking of the tree of life, which is eternal life within itself, until Jesus came and first he breathed on his disciples, and then sent the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, I am the Life and no man cometh to the Father but by me.
Adam had no path forward after he had sinned. Only death.

I believe man was created in the image and likeness of God, in that he had the ability to exercise his intellect.
Unlike animals we are critical thinkers and not just instinctive.
Adam was smart and God brought forth all the creatures and whatever Adam named them, that's what they were called.
But the bible says God barred them from the tree of life, eternal life, until Jesus.

In another place it says that man shall return from the dust he came from and his spirit shall return to God that gave it.

Ecc 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

and then there is this:

Jhn 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Co 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

If Adam had had God's spirit in him, he would not of been able to sin.

1Jo 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So yes man was made different than the other animals in that he was in the image and likeness of God, but he did not at that time have God's Spirit in Him.

Ye must be born again.

Hugs

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we see in verse 27 mankind was created on a different order- created in His Image, we don't see that with the rest of Creation.
best wishes

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also in the second Creation account, Genesis 2-7, we see He breathed the breath of life into man, a different order of Creation from the rest-
best wishes

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't believe so.
I believe God breathed in the man the same life that all living things have. And man became a living soul or body. An animate being. As opposed to just an image like an idol.

They were barred from partaking of the tree of life, which is eternal life within itself, until Jesus came and first he breathed on his disciples, and then sent the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, I am the Life and no man cometh to the Father but by me.
Adam had no path forward after he had sinned. Only death.

I believe man was created in the image and likeness of God, in that he had the ability to exercise his intellect.
Unlike animals we are critical thinkers and not just instinctive.
Adam was smart and God brought forth all the creatures and whatever Adam named them, that's what they were called.
But the bible says God barred them from the tree of life, eternal life, until Jesus.

In another place it says that man shall return from the dust he came from and his spirit shall return to God that gave it.

Ecc 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

and then there is this:

Jhn 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Co 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

If Adam had had God's spirit in him, he would not of been able to sin.

1Jo 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So yes man was made different than the other animals in that he was in the image and likeness of God, but he did not at that time have God's Spirit in Him.

Ye must be born again.

Hugs
God breathed life into all living creatures.
Psalms 104:29–30 If you conceal your face, they get disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they expire, And back to their dust they go. 30 If you send forth your spirit, they are created; And you make the face of the ground new.

Ecclesiastes 9:4–5
For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Shittim

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because God established the LIBERTY of FREEWILL

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why is God letting evil things happen?​

cuz men exercise the choice to exploit God's vulnerability......just as Lucifer did.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because God established the LIBERTY of FREEWILL

Glory to God,
Taken
Agree, even giving it unto ALL his has created in Heaven & Earth.
Look to Heaven at the angels and Lucifer whom used that free-will choice to try and overthrow God's throne and kingdom!

GOD IS SOVEREIGN, BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL AND HE ALONE DESPENSES JUSTICE AND MERCY BY HIS LOVE!

Reactions: Taken
Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us how and why God's permission of evil all began. Beyond that the Bible teaches us there is hope: "The angel said to them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to ALL people." (Luke 2:10) God's plan of recovery is based on His son, Jesus: "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ will ALL be made alive.” - 1Corinthians 15:22

The final outcome will be wonderful: "God will wipe away ALL tears from their eyes and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither will there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:2

A good parent will offer their children choices, will tell them they should be obedient, and will put consequences in place. God offered the choice of obedience, along with the consequences of disobedience:

“And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden eating thou dost eat; and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it—dying thou dost die.” - Genesis 2:16-17 (YLT)​

‘Dying thou dost die’, meaning "the process of dying begins." This was a test to see how well Adam would obey. The test of obedience was presented in the form of a test of true loyalty:

“The serpent said to the woman, You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.”- Genesis 3:4-6 (NASB),​

It becomes a test not just of obedience, but also of loyalty. Satan gave them a different perspective by telling a partial truth. Were they going to trust and believe in the one who put them in the garden, or were they going to trust and believe Satan?

When we have a traumatic experience of grief, we have a choice of what to do with it. We can go back to those things which were originally most important to us and hang on to them, or let it destroy us.

Mankind went down the path of grief because of disloyalty to God. But yet we suffer because of what Adam and Eve did. Why was this allowed to be a part of our lives? If God didn't keep His word and implement the promised consequences, we wouldn't be able to trust Him!
Do you trust God to punish you when you do not keep His word?