Why is God letting evil things happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us how and why God's permission of evil all began. Beyond that the Bible teaches us there is hope: "The angel said to them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to ALL people." (Luke 2:10) God's plan of recovery is based on His son, Jesus: "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ will ALL be made alive.” - 1Corinthians 15:22

The final outcome will be wonderful: "God will wipe away ALL tears from their eyes and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither will there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:2

A good parent will offer their children choices, will tell them they should be obedient, and will put consequences in place. God offered the choice of obedience, along with the consequences of disobedience:

“And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden eating thou dost eat; and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it—dying thou dost die.” - Genesis 2:16-17 (YLT)​

‘Dying thou dost die’, meaning "the process of dying begins." This was a test to see how well Adam would obey. The test of obedience was presented in the form of a test of true loyalty:

“The serpent said to the woman, You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.”- Genesis 3:4-6 (NASB),​

It becomes a test not just of obedience, but also of loyalty. Satan gave them a different perspective by telling a partial truth. Were they going to trust and believe in the one who put them in the garden, or were they going to trust and believe Satan?

When we have a traumatic experience of grief, we have a choice of what to do with it. We can go back to those things which were originally most important to us and hang on to them, or let it destroy us.

Mankind went down the path of grief because of disloyalty to God. But yet we suffer because of what Adam and Eve did. Why was this allowed to be a part of our lives? If God didn't keep His word and implement the promised consequences, we wouldn't be able to trust Him!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why is God letting evil things happen?​

If choice is real consequences result. We chose/ choose poorly, we reap miserable consequences.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Romans 12:32
For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all [Jew and Gentile alike].

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He obligated Himself to limit Himself to what we invite Him into when He gave us dominion in the first chapter.
The devil does what he does because we allow it.
blessings

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He obligated Himself to limit Himself to what we invite Him into when He gave us dominion in the first chapter.
The devil does what he does because we allow it.
blessings
I think what your saying is something like this?

Habbakuk 1:13 NIV
Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?

That there is a certain distance He will keep himself from us as long as we distance ourselves from him?

Welcome to the Forum!
Nice to meet you

Ah, you been here awhile but your a quiet one.. lol, I get it
:D
Hugs

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the first chapter of Genesis, he gave mankind dominion.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is scripture, you don't know scripture? Read the first chapter of Genesis, that would be a good start.
I've read Genesis. All of it. It doesn't track to claim humans have dominion in this world now. Before our fall,sure.

Before we were created God cast Satan to Earth where he bestowed lordship upon him.
Before we were created God tells us he chose whom he would save.

A few things to consider and that negates the idea humans have dominion. God's words.

The whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (1John 5:19)​

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

( Proverbs 16:9)​

"I form the light and create darkness,

I bring prosperity and create disaster;

I, the Lord, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

• Sad
Reactions: Shittim

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us how and why God's permission of evil all began. Beyond that the Bible teaches us there is hope: "The angel said to them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to ALL people." (Luke 2:10) God's plan of recovery is based on His son, Jesus: "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ will ALL be made alive.” - 1Corinthians 15:22

The final outcome will be wonderful: "God will wipe away ALL tears from their eyes and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither will there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:2

A good parent will offer their children choices, will tell them they should be obedient, and will put consequences in place. God offered the choice of obedience, along with the consequences of disobedience:

“And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden eating thou dost eat; and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it—dying thou dost die.” - Genesis 2:16-17 (YLT)​

‘Dying thou dost die’, meaning "the process of dying begins." This was a test to see how well Adam would obey. The test of obedience was presented in the form of a test of true loyalty:

“The serpent said to the woman, You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.”- Genesis 3:4-6 (NASB),​

It becomes a test not just of obedience, but also of loyalty. Satan gave them a different perspective by telling a partial truth. Were they going to trust and believe in the one who put them in the garden, or were they going to trust and believe Satan?

When we have a traumatic experience of grief, we have a choice of what to do with it. We can go back to those things which were originally most important to us and hang on to them, or let it destroy us.

Mankind went down the path of grief because of disloyalty to God. But yet we suffer because of what Adam and Eve did. Why was this allowed to be a part of our lives? If God didn't keep His word and implement the promised consequences, we wouldn't be able to trust Him!
When people are afflicted by someone or something it doesn't defile them. Jesus was killed on the cross. Job was afflicted. None of that made them any more evil or wicked, but it hurt. It is not that which goes into the temple that defiles it but that which comes out of the temple.

So God may allow man to be afflicted but like Job he usually makes it up to them.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly there different ways to look at the question of why God is letting evil things happen. But to understand God, it is best to first consider things according to His terms, rather than the terms of this world--which more represent the consequences rather than the cause. In other words, we can look at things from a band aid or symptom standpoint or from a cause and cure standpoint. Simply put, without first understanding the root cause, band aids and how we now "feel" about the consequences, really doesn't offer true understanding or fix anything.

So, rather than coming in during these final hours only to examine how one might now deal with things, accomplishes very little. Alternatively, looking first to God's perspective and terms can be the actual cure, for who understanding things from God's perspective would continue the status quo?

The terms then, are that God promised that these consequences would unfold, and now they have. That--is God's perspective of the matter--the problem already occurred and these are just the unfolding consequences! In other words, the circumstances are like a criminal waking up after years of being in prison to the reality that he was a party to a crime that happened long ago, and for the first time he can either continue in life as a criminal, or change. And it gets better, because in this case the good news is that even if we have to finish doing our time--we can be exonerated at some point. Hallelujah!

But why does it continue? ...Because, as many people "as the sand upon the seashore" are involved, each in their own generation--or as Paul elaborated "but each one in his own order." And because "every hidden thing" (involved in that original crime) from "before the foundation of the world" is to "be revealed" in each and every persons life before the judgement. But don't misunderstand--the things of this life are written and are just unfolding as they "were", like the pages of a book that was written only now being read.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

"Why is God letting evil things happen?"​

Ah, the eternal question. If you have read the bible you will know that evil things have always happened; but always with God's knowledge.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read Genesis. All of it. It doesn't track to claim humans have dominion in this world now. Before our fall,sure.

Before we were created God cast Satan to Earth where he bestowed lordship upon him.
Before we were created God tells us he chose whom he would save.

A few things to consider and that negates the idea humans have dominion. God's words.

The whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (1John 5:19)​

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

( Proverbs 16:9)​

"I form the light and create darkness,

I bring prosperity and create disaster;

I, the Lord, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

God changes not. The covenant he made with man then is still in force.
Romans 11-29 reminds us-
29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain had it within his own power to not kill Abel.
He could of walked away.
But he let sin reign over him, rather than he reigning over it.
God gave man dominion over sin, and still today we can walk away from committing sin.
We can prevent wars by not starting them. We can prevent hunger by feeding, we can prevent homelessnes by housing,
Lots of we things we can do to have dominion over sin.
That will not take away the sin that we are born into, only Christ can do that.
But we can refrain from committing more.

Even Eve had it within her own power to refuse the snake.
But they chose mammon over God.

Choices matter.

Hugs

Reactions: amigo de christo

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what your saying is something like this?

Habbakuk 1:13 NIV
Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?

That there is a certain distance He will keep himself from us as long as we distance ourselves from him?

Welcome to the Forum!
Nice to meet you

Ah, you been here awhile but your a quiet one.. lol, I get it
Hugs
Dominion-
Genesis 1:26
Verse Concepts
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Source: 44 Bible verses about Dominion

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dominion-
Genesis 1:26
Verse Concepts
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Source: 44 Bible verses about Dominion
that snake sure was creepy huh?
Hugs

Reactions: Shittim and Pearl

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still is, he was so sneaky he was able to take 1/3 of the angels with him.
Jesus taught how most would have an outward form of Godliness, denying the power, whereas His Own would do greater works than He.
Makes me pause and think about whether those who merely attend church with a mental assent to His reality are really His. Faith requires action according to Jesus.
Blessings

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan took a lot of thirds..
A third of the sun, a third of the moon and a third of stars became darkened.

Mar 13:25
And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Jde 1:13
Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Faith is the power by which we can work the good works he sent us to do.
Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, preach the gospel, love those who hate you and spitefull use you.
All these take faith indeed.

HUGS

• Love
Reactions: Shittim

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you my friend-
I am enjoying and growing in this Biblical ministry he led me to quite a few years ago.
After the live services they put them on you tube and elsewhere, I know of no stronger anointed ministry.