Why is God letting evil things happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dominion-
Genesis 1:26
Verse Concepts
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Source: 44 Bible verses about Dominion
Yes,that is before their expulsion from the garden.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God changes not. The covenant he made with man then is still in force.
Romans 11-29 reminds us-
29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.
I think you know that's a New Testament passage not related to Genesis.

• Sad
Reactions: Shittim

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain had it within his own power to not kill Abel.
He could of walked away.
But he let sin reign over him, rather than he reigning over it.
God gave man dominion over sin, and still today we can walk away from committing sin.
We can prevent wars by not starting them. We can prevent hunger by feeding, we can prevent homelessnes by housing,
Lots of we things we can do to have dominion over sin.
That will not take away the sin that we are born into, only Christ can do that.
But we can refrain from committing more.

Even Eve had it within her own power to refuse the snake.
But they chose mammon over God.

Choices matter.

Hugs

God sets our steps.

Would Eve have been tempted if God didn't permit the serpent entry into the garden? One tree off limits entirely? Why did God put it there when he knew it was going to impact the future of all humanity for eternity by separating us from God? So that we are now like ping-pong balls, being paddled between Satanic dominion over earth, or finding God and holding onto his promise while on that ride?

How do we ignore what God tells us of himself and his plans for us because he has dominion eternally over all creation?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sets our steps.

Would Eve have been tempted if God didn't permit the serpent entry into the garden? One tree off limits entirely? Why did God put it there when he knew it was going to impact the future of all humanity for eternity by separating us from God? So that we are now like ping-pong balls, being paddled between Satanic dominion over earth, or finding God and holding onto his promise while on that ride?

How do we ignore what God tells us of himself and his plans for us because he has dominion eternally over all creation?
God sets our steps but if we don't walk in them, that's our headache.

Because he made the creature subject to vanity, so the same might be subject to hope.

you can't have up without down. You can't have day without night.

And that ping-pong ball stops bouncing when you stop playing the game.

Meaning.. People say they want to be like Christ but they still want to keep their old way of life.

Eve wanted to be like God, and still wanted to play the harlot.
Can't have it both ways.
But we sure do try to.

God says Look, heres my law, walk in it.
I have set the way before you.
Choose you this day if you will walk this way or that way.
Both ways have consequences. One way leads to life and one way leads to death.
You are at the crossroads every day you have to choose which step your going to take.
But God has set your steps before you.. now it is up to you to choose.

Ima ramble a little bit, I just woke up and my head is so foggy..
Hugs

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sets our steps but if we don't walk in them, that's our headache.

Because he made the creature subject to vanity, so the same might be subject to hope.

you can't have up without down. You can't have day without night.

And that ping-pong ball stops bouncing when you stop playing the game.

Meaning.. People say they want to be like Christ but they still want to keep their old way of life.

Eve wanted to be like God, and still wanted to play the harlot.
Can't have it both ways.
But we sure do try to.

God says Look, heres my law, walk in it.
I have set the way before you.
Choose you this day if you will walk this way or that way.
Both ways have consequences. One way leads to life and one way leads to death.
You are at the crossroads every day you have to choose which step your going to take.
But God has set your steps before you.. now it is up to you to choose.

Ima ramble a little bit, I just woke up and my head is so foggy..
Hugs
Eve,harlot?

You believe the serpent seed doctrine?

I will not try to persuade you from your belief.

For me, I take God as what God says of himself.

I don't believe we can ever say, God is in control, and then say,we can take control by choice.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,that is before their expulsion from the garden.
duh, yes and that is what His plan to redeem His creation will accomplish, and we are living in that process now.
If you are an outward form "christian" you may not grasp this.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
duh, yes and that is what His plan to redeem His creation will accomplish, and we are living in that process now.
If you are an outward form "christian" you may not grasp this.

Not interested in continuing this. Personal insults are pathetic.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God changes not, He wrote the whole book, not sure why you don't know that.
I have no idea who you are talking to. You're obviously at a loss to continue speaking as an adult so we are finished here. When you fall into the sin of personal slights and insults you've no business discussing scripture.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe we can ever say, God is in control, and then say,we can take control by choice.
So you don't take responsibility for any sins you ever had or ever will commit?
The bible says God leads no man into temptation and yet everyday we are tempted.
Your saying you have no choice but to do whatever is set before you because God has complete control?
Did you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour?
Was this your choice? Or were you born a christian from birth?

Hugs

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't take responsibility for any sins you ever had or ever will commit?
The bible says God leads no man into temptation and yet everyday we are tempted.
Your saying you have no choice but to do whatever is set before you because God has complete control?
Did you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour?
Was this your choice? Or were you born a christian from birth?

Hugs
Ephesians 1. Not the only evidence of,from,God.

hmm...
the mote and the beam thing.

remember God is choosing your steps, and God aint no hypocrite.. so be careful.

Hugs
Good advice for shittim.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably would of gone after the "duh" though..
just sayin..

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verse?

This one?

Eph 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Well Ephesus wasn't perfect, Revelation 2 makes that clear.

Sometimes we all fall down, but you can't blame God for that.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eve,harlot?

You believe the serpent seed doctrine?

I will not try to persuade you from your belief.

For me, I take God as what God says of himself.

Eve played the harlot in that she listened to another and not her husband.
Adam played the harlot in that he listened to his wife and not God.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Harlotry goes a lot deeper than just an outward action of the flesh. It's who we listen to with our hearts that matter.
Eve listened to the snake. She diverted her attention from God... this is IDOLATRY.

You know when Jesus said if you have hatred in your heart towards your brother without a cause, that you have committed murder already?

The same principle applies from Genesis to Revelation.
Problem is a lot of people get caught up with the flesh and have a hard time seeing beyond that veil.

The moment Eve took..... she committed sin.
She did have a choice, but God knew what steps she would take.
And provided a way of salvation even before she took it.

God knows the hearts of man. He gave them 2 choices from the start. Here it is but dont take it.
If you keep the law, life. If you break the law, death.
If you accept Christ, Life. If you reject Christ, death.

Those are our choices, always has been, always will be.
But God knows which steps leads where, and will do all in his power to have us make the right choice.

Thou shalt not eat of it, for in the day thou eatest, thou shalt surely die.

He gave them warning... they rejected it.

Thems the facts.
Hugs

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eve played the harlot in that she listened to another and not her husband.
Adam played the harlot in that he listened to his wife and not God.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Harlotry goes a lot deeper than just an outward action of the flesh. It's who we listen to with our hearts that matter.
Eve listened to the snake. She diverted her attention from God... this is IDOLATRY.

You know when Jesus said if you have hatred in your heart towards your brother without a cause, that you have committed murder already?

The same principle applies from Genesis to Revelation.
Problem is a lot of people get caught up with the flesh and have a hard time seeing beyond that veil.

The moment Eve took..... she committed sin.
She did have a choice, but God knew what steps she would take.
And provided a way of salvation even before she took it.

God knows the hearts of man. He gave them 2 choices from the start. Here it is but dont take it.
If you keep the law, life. If you break the law, death.
If you accept Christ, Life. If you reject Christ, death.

Those are our choices, always has been, always will be.
But God knows which steps leads where, and will do all in his power to have us make the right choice.

Thou shalt not eat of it, for in the day thou eatest, thou shalt surely die.

He gave them warning... they rejected it.

Thems the facts.
Hugs
God planted the tree.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh? What was the other tree he knew would be eaten if so to condemn the entire human race?

Notice how the serpent knew which one would cause that to occur?
Ok, I'm tired it's been a long day..lol.
So if I go on a ramble just bypass this post lol.

So let's jump forward what 4000 years?
We are in Jerusalem, the Paradise of God.
In Jerusalem we have the Jews Temple and we have God's temple (Jesus Christ)
The tree of do's and don'ts (The law written in stone) and the tree of life. (The law written in our hearts)

Where is the snake?

You have God and you have Caiaphas the High Priest. (who sits in Moses seat)

Caiaphas believed that Jesus had to be the sacrifice for all the nation.
It's the way he went about it that makes me go hmmm...

Mat 26:3
Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
Mat 26:4
And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.
Mat 26:5
But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.

What is the palace of the High Priest? Is that the temple in the "midst" of Jerusalem?

What was the excuse for wanting to "KILL" Jesus.
Let's first examine the law and psalms concerning those who lie in wait wantng to murder people.

We know Thou shalt not murder and this:

Psa 10:9
He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
Psa 10:10
He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.
Psa 10:11
He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.

Nothing more humbler than a snake groveling on his belly, but when they bite they are deadly.

Now why did Caiaphas want him killed?

Jhn 11:49
And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
Jhn 11:50
Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
Jhn 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
Jhn 11:52
And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
Jhn 11:53
Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.

Now let's go back to the garden....
The High Priest said gather together in one the children of God. Stop.
Who is Eve? She is the mother of all living.

How was Caiaphas going to accomplish this mission to kill Jesus?

Think outside flesh and blood.. what would really hurt his heart?

Now, In Jerusalem who is Eve? Eve represents the church.
Caiaphas would have to find a way to turn his own church against him. And how would that be accomplished?
In Jerusalem who represents Eve? ....... You know it..... It's Peter.

This part we usually look so closely at but we miss it by a long shot.

Now listen.. Adam must of told Eve at some point that God said don't eat it. Because she told the snake what God had said to Adam.
So She knew the consequences of her actions.

What did Jesus warn Peter not to do?

Luk 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luk 12:9
But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

So what happened in the garden?
Three things:

Gen 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Now let's go back to Jerusalem where we find Peter standing outside the judgment hall:

Mat 26:69
Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
Mat 26:70
But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
Mat 26:71
And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mat 26:72
And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
Mat 26:73
And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
Mat 26:74
Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
Mat 26:75
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Now let's go back to the garden after Adam and Eve had eaten the "forbidden fruit" what was their reaction?

Gen 3:7
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Peter remembered the word of Jesus, and Adam and Eve heard the voice of the Lord.

And they were naked, meaning they were ashamed.

Adam, Eve, and Peter.

Peter never would of denied the Lord if not for the subtle scheming of the High Priest Caiaphas, who saught to kill Jesus.
Eve never would of eaten of the fruit if not for the subtle cunning of the snake.

Who is Caiaphas?

1. Caiaphas = "as comely"
    1. a high priest of the Jews appointed to that office by Valerius Gratus, governor of Judaea, after removal of Simon, son of Camith, A.D. 18, and was removed A.D. 36 by Vitellius, governor of Syria, who appointed Jonathan, son of Ananus (Annus, father-in-law of Caiaphas), his successor

And who appointed him High Priest?

Valerius Gratus was the 4th Roman Prefect of Judaea province under Tiberius from 15 to 26.

Rome appointed the High Priest.

hmmm

Come and See:

Luk 22:1
Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
Luk 22:2
And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

Something interesting transpires at this very moment:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 22:3
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Luk 22:4
And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
Luk 22:5
And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
Luk 22:6
And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.

Why was Satan allowed to enter into Judas?
to fulfil God's word:

Psa 41:9
Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
Psa 55:12
For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
Psa 55:13
But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
Psa 55:14
We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

Two men betrayed Jesus. Peter who denied him 3 times, and Judas who turned him in to the High Priest.
Judas killed himself after confessing he had sent an innocent man to his death. And Peter condemned Judas.

All these things were done to fulfil God's word.

Isa 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Judas wasn't subtle about going to the High Priest, Jesus knew exactly what he was doing.
Jhn 13:27
And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Jesus knew the plan.

1Ti 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Caiaphas was appointed by Rome to make a sacrifice to save the nation.
It is Caiaphas that turned Jesus over to Pilate demanding he be put to death.

Mat 27:1
When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death:
Mat 27:2
And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.

Because as custom was of Rome:
Mat 27:15
Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.

The scapegoat...
Lev 16:8
And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
Lev 16:9
And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.
Lev 16:10
But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Mat 27:17
Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
Mat 27:18
For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

Mat 27:20
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

If you look at the context between Eden and Jerusalem, The very same theme is occuring.

Satan who is called Legion, because they are many, and Eve who is the mother of all living, have come to a crossroad.

They will either have the righteous rule or a sinner.
They will either choose Jesus or they will choose Barabbas.

Will she obey her husband or will she deny him?

Who is the snake in the garden? Who really enticed Eve to take of the forbidden fruit?

It is my belief that it was the High Priest Caiaphas and his minions, under the authority of Rome, that saught to destroy Adam and have him thrown out of the garden with Eve.
Thus Satan would rule forever more.

But we know the end of that story and the beginning of the new.
But even today we are struggling with that same war in the battle and in Jerusalem. Except now it is world wide.
And we each have 2 choices.
Obey God, or obey man.

Choose Life.
Hugs