Why is homosexuality a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
People are born homosexuals, they don't choose to become one all of a sudden.

People may be born this way. But it's their cross they must bear. I've got mental illness. It's my cross. I don't commit sin because of it, though. That's the way to look at homosexuality. It's a cross, you don't have to sin with it. If you do, then you're going down the wrong road. We all suffer affliction. This is one of them. You can retrain your mind by renewing it with truth from God's word.

So to answer the question, homosexuality isn't a sin in that you were born with it, but acting on the impulse of homosexuality is a sin.

Reactions: biggandyy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the sin of homosexuality is over emphasized. Re-marrying after a divorce is also a sin, but it is hardly mentioned in our society or the church, because it can happen to anyone. The church has traditionally condemned sins that are minority sins like homosexuality and witchcraft to a greater degree than common sins.

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
the sin of homosexuality is over emphasized. Re-marrying after a divorce is also a sin, but it is hardly mentioned in our society or the church, because it can happen to anyone. The church has traditionally condemned sins that are minority sins like homosexuality and witchcraft to a greater degree than common sins.

I'll agree with that, cause it's a good point, something I didn't put in my responses, but is very true. Me gossiping is no better than a homosexual having sex with another same sex person. Romans emphasizes we are all guilty. Immorality is immorality, too. Any one messing around? In heterosexual relationship? You're in need of God's grace to heal you as much as the homosexual acting out. And I don't have much more to say, since I lived much my life immorally.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada

That is the homosexual dogma, but it is false dogma. Everyone who is born is a sinner born, but that doesn't mean he is born with a pattern for sexual deviance. He is born with a natural tendency to do his own thing, which is to sin, but God doesn't hardwire us as something that would keep us from obeying Him. Homosexuality is an act of the powerful human will.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I am a conservative.

But I feel that homophobia is wrong. Besides, if God created us to multiply, why did he create homosexuals?

God didn't create homosexuals, sin and a fallen world did.

We are all born sinful, every single one.
Can I ask whether your questions relate to gay's in general or specifically gay's within the Church. Because it's a big difference. Homosexuals who deny God and live a secular life, well, they're still sinning against the one true God, but the Bible clearly tells us we cannot hold them to a Christian's life standard. Indeed, they shouldn't be treated differently than any other sinner we are hoping may come to the truth and light.
But homosexuals within the Church...these are people saying with their lips that God is their Lord, master and Saviour, but performing acts with their bodies that deny that. Consider: if an alcoholic was a church member, would we allow him to attend church drunk all the time? Would that be considered appropriate witness for his confessed faith in a new birth through Christ? I don't think so. And yet alcoholism is also considered something that people are 'born' with or predispositioned to. The are well able to deny that disposition and move forward towards Jesus. To hold homosexuals to any different standards to them, or any other sinner in the Church...thievery, adultery, pride, religious pride...is sin itself, and is does nothing but harm the Church family and ultimately the gay person itself, because we are encouraging them in a sinful lifestyle that will bring them into the path of God's wrath.

Reactions: Lively Stone

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is the homosexual dogma, but it is false dogma. Everyone who is born is a sinner born, but that doesn't mean he is born with a pattern for sexual deviance. He is born with a natural tendency to do his own thing, which is to sin, but God doesn't hardwire us as something that would keep us from obeying Him. Homosexuality is an act of the powerful human will.

I agree...just like any other sin in our lives. As believer's, we cannot continue to live in a state of unrepentant sin. As Jesus said to the woman who was caught in adultery...John 8:11, neither do I condemn you, go your way and sin no more.

Shalom!!!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Instead of men and women, it's men and men or women and women. Why is that sinful? I can understand murder, rape etc. being sinful because they involve hurting others. But how is homosexuality sinful when no one gets hurt?

Wow! How low have we fallen! Since when did we stop reading our Bible? Obviously it started a long time ago!!! What's wrong with sleeping around?! Nothing from most people's view. If that can be justified, how about murder? Why shouldn't I murder? I'll tell you why!

Because God said so in His Scripture. If God declares something is sin, it is sin, whether we want to recognise it or not. The decision is yours.

(It really amuses me to see people go on about homosexuality. As far as the Scriptures state, it's sin, always has been sin, and always will be sin, no matter how many 'Christians' condone it. Sin has been punished, and will be punished without the remedy --- Jesus. Suck it up and get over it.)

Heb_13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

A simple answer in case you didn't quite get my post, Homosexuality is SIN because God said so, just like every other sin that dwells on planet Earth.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Did God really say that homosexuality is a sin?

This question is eerily familiar, hearkening back to the Garden of Eden and the conversation the Serpent had with Eve.

Here's what God has to say about it...

Leviticus 18:22 (NLT)

[sup]22[/sup] “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

Leviticus 20:13 (NLT)

[sup]13[/sup] “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NLT)

[sup]9[/sup] Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, [sup]10[/sup] or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Did God really say that homosexuality is a sin?

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Stupid question.

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Stupid question.

Where does it say homosexual? A general condemnation of sexual perversion is not a condemnation of homosexuality per se.

Besides, how is it possible to tell anyone that they're sinners because they're gay? Wouldn't that hurt their feelings?

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Where does it say homosexual? A general condemnation of sexual perversion is not a condemnation of homosexuality per se.

Besides, how is it possible to tell anyone that they're sinners because they're gay? Wouldn't that hurt their feelings?

I believe that Lively Stone posted some verses which make the issue clear without a shadow of a doubt.

Lev_20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Btw, what does effeminate and 'abusers of themselves with mankind' mean to you then?!

Ooooh, poor people. Forgive me, I forgot that we live in a wishy washy, love-everyone society! Or should it be called lukewarm?! It makes me sick when I hear people go on like that. Oh, the poor serial killer. He couldn't control his emotions and his hormones. The poor homosexual, he cannot conquer his fallen nature. I wonder what God thinks of such lame pass-the-buck actions!
Rev_3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
It's time to stop sitting on the fence. Either you are FOR God, or you are AGAINST God. I have more respect for ardent homosexuals than for the Christian that thinks homosexuality is ok, because that 'Christian' has just stabbed himself in the back big time.
I wonder how all the merchants felt when Jesus threw them out of the Temple! I don't care how big a fuss they want to make about homosexuality. IT IS AGAINST THE SCRIPURE AND IT IS AGAINST GOD. I believe the Scriptures, not the opinions of man. The multitudes in Noah's day didn't care a thing about God, in fact they were defying him. That never changed anything, because God doesn't change yesterday, today, or forever.

And help me out here before I choke, if homosexuality is not a sexual perversion, what is???!!!! Hmmmm, maybe bondage sex? Yeah, that probably fits the bill, but then again, maybe not, since that is usually a man and a woman! God forbid! How warped can we get!? How much more can we compromise and escape judgement?!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Lively Stone posted some verses which make the issue clear without a shadow of a doubt.

Lev_20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Btw, what does effeminate and 'abusers of themselves with mankind' mean to you then?!

Ooooh, poor people. Forgive me, I forgot that we live in a wishy washy, love-everyone society! Or should it be called lukewarm?! It makes me sick when I hear people go on like that. Oh, the poor serial killer. He couldn't control his emotions and his hormones. The poor homosexual, he cannot conquer his fallen nature. I wonder what God thinks of such lame pass-the-buck actions!
Rev_3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
It's time to stop sitting on the fence. Either you are FOR God, or you are AGAINST God. I have more respect for ardent homosexuals than for the Christian that thinks homosexuality is ok, because that 'Christian' has just stabbed himself in the back big time.
I wonder how all the merchants felt when Jesus threw them out of the Temple! I don't care how big a fuss they want to make about homosexuality. IT IS AGAINST THE SCRIPURE AND IT IS AGAINST GOD. I believe the Scriptures, not the opinions of man. The multitudes in Noah's day didn't care a thing about God, in fact they were defying him. That never changed anything, because God doesn't change yesterday, today, or forever.

And help me out here before I choke, if homosexuality is not a sexual perversion, what is???!!!! Hmmmm, maybe bondage sex? Yeah, that probably fits the bill, but then again, maybe not, since that is usually a man and a woman! God forbid! How warped can we get!? How much more can we compromise and escape judgement?!

psst.....your empathy is showing...

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada

No one is a sinner because he is homosexual or anything else. A person is a sinner without Christ.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I am going keep easy and dull.

Number one man on man and women on women. Where offsprings?

Number two you are born with it. That load bull crap scients made up, so homos don't feel so ashame of it. It like saying cooking is in my blood. No, it's not I train and work on to make my dream.

I am against the whole same sex crap because gross and stuff doesn't add up in the end right. I will be friends with people who "decides" to be homosexuals but I will not judge then on it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Homosexuality is brought about by a conditioning and negative reinforcement at an early age. Babies are not sexually awakened at birth. The root of the sin of homosexuality is the sin of those who condition the child....a violent father could cause a young girl to see women as a refuge from the world of men. An mother-abused son could likewise turn to men as their refuge.

In the end sin is just a great cycle. Jesus Christ is our only true refuge. The fact that we derive pleasure from certain false refuges, because it is possible to, merely reinforces our belief that there is nothing beyond the cause and effect world we have been conditioned to. Faith in God is the way out. Only God can straighten again what has grown up crooked.

Reactions: Lively Stone

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Homosexuality can be a hereditary sin. Just check down the family line a little and you will find others. The ancestor of the original sin has carried it through to his/her descendants as a familiar spirit. This can be broken by confession and repentance on behalf of the family by a believing member.

Shalom!!! ;)