WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good.
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-27.htm
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and, God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27 KJV "But God hath chosen the foolish ...
[ www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-1-27/
1 Corinthians 1:27 Context. 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish ...

God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
christiantruthcenter.com/god-chooses-the-despised-foolish-and-weak-to-be-his-servants/] God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
God chooses the despised, foolish, and weak to be His servants. In doing this, He confounds the mighty, proofs His power, and; reveals who He is. 1 Cor 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

Hi. Paul said, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10 NIV I've learned that one's natural strength can get in the way of what God wants to do. God wants us to depend on Him.
One's own strength can become an idol. So God will break one's strength. Don't be surprised if it happens to you. Especially if you ever told Him to do whatever He wants with you. I did, and since I wouldn't fall on the Rock, the Rock fell on me and ground me to dust. Ouch. And though it's taken time, a long time, He has finally led me into an open space.
He's restored my joy and my love for His body. I started singing to Him the other day, and it seemed to me that Heaven opened up above me. And He's not finished yet! As far as God using the weak, despised, and foolish goes, "I'm a fool for Christ, whose fool are you?" Shalom.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Stan B

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rather than an analogy, I wonder what would happen if the church ACTUALLY FOLLOWED SCRIPTURE:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

But instead we have "business" where the "owner" is in charge of EVERYTHING, and EVERYONE. And if the "HIRELING" doesn't hear from GOD, then NOBODY HEARS FROM GOD because HE's the ONLY ONE who has the "pulpit". And of course we must REVERENCE the HIRELING, while he criticizes the BODY.

Would you attend? I wouldn't, and don't. -- And so we not only have a "failing" fellowship, but a "failing" relationship with GOD. But then again, what is the GREAT FALLING AWAY except those church attendees who are not FED, or EXERCISED, or TRAINED, as PERFECT FODDER for disaster.

Bobby Jo

Is it receiving money for a ministry that makes it not of God, or the ministry is not of God?
I have heard from too many who simply hate the idea that an individual can be paid so they are free to minister to others rather than doing some other job.

The problem has always been like getting married to someone you love means you will always be happy and successful.
No marriage takes learning a long relationship between two people and their own failings and blessings.

A ministry is no different. A minister is only as good as their responsive congregation. Without a congregation willing to listen to the Lord, there is actually no point ministering to the people. And within every congregation all the sins of man dwells, which will come out over time, but are the elect called or just along for the ride? Only time will tell. I know of two leaders who succumbed to seduction and a better life with another not seeing it was the same problems just with a different partner. But then its always easier to believe sin is the other persons problem and not our own, and God is truly leading me to leave my wife and hook up with some other adulterer. Love, no sorry, lust is such a powerful delusion..... but then fame and glory is what they really want...... Look at how many washed up ministers blame their congregations for their failures, not seeing they themselves bought into vain glory of ministry and not love and humbleness of the walk with our Lord and Saviour.

God bless you

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it receiving money for a ministry that makes it not of God, or the ministry is not of God?
The workman is worth of his wages. But equally, Jesus warned us of the HIRELING.

... A minister is only as good as their responsive congregation. ...
Yep, given that the congregation has the opportunity to PARTICIPATE, versus sit in a pew with their hands folded in their lap. -- But I think most church "pastors" preach week after week after week after week after week after, ... well you get the idea how they ARE run, versus how they're called to run:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. ...

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A good illustration. They would rather have fancy bows because they look better than threads that do the job properly but don't attract attention. When push comes to shove the bows will probably unravel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The workman is worth of his wages. But equally, Jesus warned us of the HIRELING.

Yep, given that the congregation has the opportunity to PARTICIPATE, versus sit in a pew with their hands folded in their lap. -- But I think most church "pastors" preach week after week after week after week after week after, ... well you get the idea how they ARE run, versus how they're called to run:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. ...

Bobby Jo

Sadly the problem of regarding ministry as a source of income, if you lose your faith, which many pastors do, how do you do a different job which you have no qualifications for. This results in ministers being nice people but not ministers of faith or truth, just someone who offers up nice sentiments every sunday. Some are so damaged, they get caught in desperation, not quite knowing what to do, because their faith no longer inspires them and they are scared to face the reality of getting a real job.

God bless you

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly the problem of regarding ministry as a source of income, if you lose your faith, which many pastors do ...

I would propose that people choose their "career" for a LOT of reasons. And the "ministry" is a good gig for someone who wants to be REVERED; has NO BOSS; and doesn't want to WORK very hard. -- Being lazy and greedy is not a "faith" issue.

But more than that, the cemeteries (sometimes spelled seminaries) have created their own "business" which DOES NOT conform to the Scripturally Defined operation of the church, but instead LIES for each other, STEALS with each other, and COVERS-UP for each other.

And it is SAD, because in the end they'll be told "depart from me", so it's a "limited gig".
Bobby Jo

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this id really intresting, i didn't know that this current generation i know that not all of them are like this but it is intresting to discover that that this generation isn't intrested in attending church, i like going to church & worshipping Jesus with other believers,

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The church is going backward because it is retreating. We should be advancing. War is the best of times AND the worst of times. I say this because we are at war. When it is our Lord Himself that is leading us, we should follow. Firstly, we need to do our own personal warfare. See Luke 9:23 But if you're looking for an easy fix, I hate to tell you but there are no easy fixes. Not easy but doable with God's help.
Back in 2000, I learned a very painful lesson; that being that it isn't usually the enemy without that gets you, it's the enemy within. I see this has and is happening in America. The dark deeds of the left are being hauled into the light and Divine retribution has just started.
It is my opinion that there are far too many hirelings running local fellowships and not nearly enough true shepherds. A ministry ran by a single person isn't the biblical model. Who are they accountable to? Someone who lives a thousand miles away? C'mon now, this won't work. Especially with so many just in it for the money.
I've heard 2 of the prosperity gospel leaders denounce this corrupt doctrine. My question is, "Does that mean you'll give back all the money you earned by teaching this travesty of scripture?" Or are they getting out while the gettings good? Shalom.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As long as Jesus is around the Church will be around. It may not be meeting in large numbers as it did in days gone by, but make no mistake the church is still alive.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
this id really intresting, i didn't know that this current generation i know that not all of them are like this but it is intresting to discover that that this generation isn't intrested in attending church, i like going to church & worshipping Jesus with other believers,
@shortangel Always good to persevere in the spirit of Acts 2.42: "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." :)

Reactions: shortangel

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Asa long as people are looking at buildings with people in it and signs over the top, they are looking in the wrong place.