WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Help me to find the truth Joseph.
Why won't you list some links?

Basically because there aren't any.
You could like it or not,,,take it or leave it,
but the Catholic Church gathered the bible and
decided which books should be in it.

The Catholic canon was set at the Council of Rome (382),[2] the same Council commissioned Jerome to compile and translate those canonical texts into the Latin Vulgate Bible.

source: Development of the Christian biblical canon - Wikipedia.

A time line of the history of the New Testament canon is affirmed by the following non-Catholic sources:

1) Douglas, J.D., ed., New Bible Dictionary, Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1962 ed., 194-98.
2) Cross, F.L., and E.A. Livingstone, eds., The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2nd ed., 1983, 232,300,309-10,626,641,724,1049,1069;
3) Geisler, Norman L. & William E. Nix, From God to Us: How We Got Our Bible, Chicago: Moody Press, 1974, 109-12,117-25.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Help me to find the truth Joseph.
Why won't you list some links?

Basically because there aren't any.
So thank you for providing the commonly used links in your own post, continuing and leading to more deception ?

It won't help to sow good seed on soil that is not ready for it - the birds will come and take the seed away, and it will not bear fruit; or the cares and concerns of the world will overgrow and strangle the good, again leaving no good results except as an example of the truth of Jesus' Words.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
51V9UloOb1L.jpg

As we all know and as many of our well established textbooks have argued for decades, the Inquisition was one of the most frightening and bloody chapters in Western history, Pope Pius XII was anti-Semitic and rightfully called “Hitler’s Pope,” the Dark Ages were a stunting of the progress of knowledge to be redeemed only by the secular spirit of the Enlightenment, and the religious Crusades were an early example of the rapacious Western thirst for riches and power. But what if these long held beliefs were all wrong?

In this stunning, powerful, and ultimately persuasive book, Rodney Stark, one of the most highly regarded sociologists of religion and bestselling author of The Rise of Christianity (HarperSanFrancisco 1997) (AND IS NOT EVEN A CATHOLIC) argues that some of our most firmly held ideas about history, ideas that paint the Catholic Church in the least positive light are, in fact, fiction. Why have we held these wrongheaded ideas so strongly and for so long? And if our beliefs are wrong, what, in fact, is the truth?

In each chapter, Stark takes on a well-established anti-Catholic myth, gives a fascinating history of how each myth became the conventional wisdom, and presents a startling picture of the real truth. For example,
  • Instead of the Spanish Inquisition being an anomaly of torture and murder of innocent people persecuted for “imaginary” crimes such as witchcraft and blasphemy, Stark argues that not only did the Spanish Inquisition spill very little blood, but it was a major force in support of moderation and justice.
  • Instead of Pope Pius XII being apathetic or even helpful to the Nazi movement, such as to merit the title, “Hitler’s Pope,” Stark shows that the campaign to link Pope Pius XII to Hitler was initiated by the Soviet Union, presumably in hopes of neutralizing the Vatican in post-World War II affairs. Pope Pius XII was widely praised for his vigorous and devoted efforts to saving Jewish lives during the war.
  • Instead of the Dark Ages being understood as a millennium of ignorance and backwardness inspired by the Catholic Church’s power, Stark argues that the whole notion of the “Dark Ages” was an act of pride perpetuated by anti-religious intellectuals who were determined to claim that theirs was the era of “Enlightenment.”
In the end, readers will not only have a more accurate history of the Catholic Church, they will come to understand why it became unfairly maligned for so long.
Bearing False Witness is a compelling and sobering account of how egotism and ideology often work together to give us a false truth.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
as they noted, fake history is all that which is false, which is taught to you and others worldwide.
OK Joseph.
I really don't have time for this.

Please don't make statements to me that cannot be backed up.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I did not see the thread.
I was in a 'Catholic Charismatic Renewal',
and was asked to lead it.
I did not , as God Directed my steps elsewhere.
However, everyone of them who followed Jesus left the umbrella of catholicism far behind - they renounced it all and did not ever regret it (unless they went back like a dog returning to its own vomit as some did in the NT Record/Scripture),

they rejoiced in freedom in Christ, out from under the power of the enemy forever now.

For those who are interested (whether good or bad), there are several sites started by (saved and unsaved) former catholics for catholics , no matter where they are currently in life. (potentially anyway , God Willing). Escaping the grip of tyranny is welcome to those seeking freedom, and often a great surprise when they find out how many others once were there too, where they are or were.
There are also sites about Protestants that became Catholic.

What does that prove?
Nothing.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A time line of the history of the New Testament canon is affirmed by the following non-Catholic sources:

1) Douglas, J.D., ed., New Bible Dictionary, Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1962 ed., 194-98.
2) Cross, F.L., and E.A. Livingstone, eds., The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2nd ed., 1983, 232,300,309-10,626,641,724,1049,1069;
3) Geisler, Norman L. & William E. Nix, From God to Us: How We Got Our Bible, Chicago: Moody Press, 1974, 109-12,117-25.
I know about Norman Geisler.
Anyway, the Catholic church was the only church at that time.
What other explanation could there possibly be?
None.

New Testament Canon was decided upon by the CC.

Reactions: Illuminator

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK Joseph.
I really don't have time for this.

Please don't make statements to me that cannot be backed up.
Jesus sort of said that people that do not have time for Him daily,
He does not have time for before the Father.
Those multitudes who do not love and seek the truth without giving up daily seeking the truth,
are not promised they will know anything true, and they don't.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
OK.
A church someone set up...maybe a split from a major denomination....
But if the guy leaves...what happens to the church?
Seems like it depends on that one person that set it up.
@GodsGrace Acts 2.42 in it's simplicity goes a long way to explaining why there are so many independent local churches.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus sort of said that people that do not have time for Him daily,
He does not have time for before the Father.
Those multitudes who do not love and seek the truth without giving up daily seeking the truth,
are not promised they will know anything true, and they don't.
It's YOU I don't have time for.
Your rantings are rather silly.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That there was a true church, which was not ever the Catholic Church.

Only a few seekers ever find out, compared to the billions lost never finding out until they perish.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know about Norman Geisler.
None.

New Testament Canon was decided upon by the CC.
@GodsGrace It was the inherent authority of the writings, not what men conferred onto them, that gave them their authority.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for goodness sake!
Why do you care?
He hates Catholics and Catholicism.
Isn't that enough for you?
That's plenty enough for JESUS !
Why do you think JESUS tells HIS PEOPLE to come out of that abomination / den of iniquity/ false gospel destroying souls !?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh for goodness sake!
Why do you care?
He hates Catholics and Catholicism.
Isn't that enough for you?

Just curious, I was just simply asking him questions, I don't even know whether if his post I replied to was himself or was a quote from someone else, it definitely was an odd post from Joseph though.

I personally love Catholics, I see them as our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Reactions: Illuminator