WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's YOU I don't have time for.
Your rantings are rather silly.
Good.
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-27.htm
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27 KJV "But God hath chosen the foolish ...
[ www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-1-27/
1 Corinthians 1:27 Context. 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish ...

God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
christiantruthcenter.com/god-chooses-the-despised-foolish-and-weak-to-be-his-servants/] God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
God chooses the despised, foolish and weak to be His servants. In doing this, He confounds the mighty, proofs His power and reveals who He is. 1 Cor 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

Reactions: Truman

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace It was the inherent authority of the writings, not what men conferred onto them, that gave them their authority.
Agreed.
But there were so many letters that could have also been chosen.
Barnabas almost made it into the New Testament.
Also the Didache.

Also, let's remember that the Holy Spirit guides those that seek Him,,,,
But, of course, they must also be willing to obey.
In this case, I think we could agree that the early church did a good job in supplying
us with God's word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone brings a false gospel, do not greet them, nor have a meal with them, or you may take part in their sin.
Jesus says it is anathema! (not welcome, not to be invited, not to be accepted)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Just curious, I was just simply asking him questions, I don't even know whether if his post I replied to was himself or was a quote from someone else, it definitely was an odd post from Joseph though.

I personally love Catholics, I see them as our brothers and sisters in Christ.
I agree with you.
Every church has something about it we may or may not like.
The CC has doctrine I could not agree with, this does not mean it's a devil worshipping church.

There is ONLY ONE Body of Christ.
The saved belong to it....no matter what denomination they belong to.

I just don't have a lot of time for the forum --- I wish I did.
So I tend to like to talk to serious folk.

Reactions: Josho

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good.
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-27.htm
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27 KJV "But God hath chosen the foolish ...
[ www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-1-27/
1 Corinthians 1:27 Context. 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish ...

God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
christiantruthcenter.com/god-chooses-the-despised-foolish-and-weak-to-be-his-servants/] God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants
God chooses the despised, foolish and weak to be His servants. In doing this, He confounds the mighty, proofs His power and reveals who He is. 1 Cor 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.
I didn't say you're a fool.
I said your RANTINGS are rather silly.

It's impossible to have a serious discussion with you....
That's what I said.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus still says: I did not come to bring peace, but a sword - a sharp two-edged sword, sharp enough to divide between bone and marrow - to reveal / show/ the thoughts and intents of the heart (to expose all that is wrong, in the LIGHT, likewise showing pure gold of true faith, pure hearts, separated from those practices and thoughts that defile the body and the mind....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(and the only way to know the difference between spirit and soul)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That there was a true church, which was not ever the Catholic Church.

Only a few seekers ever find out, compared to the billions lost never finding out until they perish.
Which church do YOU believe was the first church?
Please back it up with some sort of support.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's plenty enough for JESUS !
Why do you think JESUS tells HIS PEOPLE to come out of that abomination / den of iniquity/ false gospel destroying souls !?
Please post the verse where Jesus says the above.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It shows how each local church pursues its activities without waiting for someone from outside to tell them what to do.
Here's Acts 2:42 I think you're posting the wrong verse....
41So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
42They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
43Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. 44And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common;

It even says in verse 44 that they had all things in common...
not what I find on these forums!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which church do YOU believe was the first church?
Please back it up with some sort of support.
No one should ask me, nor depend on me, for the answer to this - just read the New Testament and see - it is clearly presented even in English (though there are some things not rightly divided in English groups unless the Father reveals the meanings/ reality/ that is not evident or accurate in English....) ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's Acts 2:42 I think you're posting the wrong verse....
41So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
42They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
43Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. 44And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common;

It even says in verse 44 that they had all things in common...
not what I find on these forums!
SEE! I just now , after posting , saw this post, and you ALREADY FOUND and READ what GOD SAYS in the New Testament about the first big public assembly of EKKLESIA (the ones born again and called out by God , called out and separated by God from the world, for God's Purpose and Plan - i.e. later translated "church", though usually not the same as God Meant or Means ) ....

Thus, SEEK EKKLESIA who are in line and harmony with GOD'S DIRECTIONS, INSTRUCTIONS and HIS OWN DESCRIPTION in HIS WORD. Not man made obstacles and counterfeits....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be interesting to know what you consider to be fake history....
but since you do NOT know any church history...I won't ask you.
I know Church history...reading Acts.

The rest are extra Biblical, altered history.

Their writers are not gospel writers, though men think they are.

Even our wonderful "Josephus" cannot be accurately trusted, but just semi-trusted.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@GodsGrace It was the inherent authority of the writings, not what men conferred onto them, that gave them their authority.
No man could speak, can speak for God, without authority from God not even the Prophets, nothing to do with scripture, even Christ only spoke what was given Him to do and say.

Act 19:13 And certain from the strolling Jews, exorcists, undertook to name the name of the Lord Jesus over those having evil spirits, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.
Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.
Act 19:15 But answering the evil spirit said, Jesus I know, and I comprehend Paul, but who are you?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that this is a very overarching heading/comment and many will say it is not because of this church and that church and that lot are doing a good job. But that as it may be, and I don't decry the fact, but if one is to be honest with themselves overall, the church is going out backward.

As I said elsewhere I was talking to a friend and he said that his church has no one under 55 years of age and only two teenagers who are children of members. The church of the same denomination in the next town has no one under 50 years of age.

Most of the churches in my area (45) do not have anyone under 40 years of age. In days gone by I cannot remember being part of any church that did not have teenagers in attendance.

To overcome this, I approached both ministers fraternals in both towns about uniting in evangelism projects. The first one said, "Go away, we are the ones paid to do things around here." The second one said, "We don't have time to do evangelism we are too busy running our churches."

The first one I think got upset because I asked them how many people had been saved in the last year amongst all their churches. The answer was three. My reply was "Doesn't that speak for itself."

"You naughty boy. How dare you suggest we are not perfect."

So, why are so many churches stuck in the mud and are controlled by the status quo especially as the NTC saw things like 3,000 getting saved at one meeting?

There must be reasons and answers so let's see what we can come up with. And can I ask that you think about this before adding your thoughts as I would rather not have off the cuff ideas that are shallow?[/QU Hi. If you can picture squares of cloth for a quilt, and pretend for a minute that they are alive. Each square is made of the highest quality materials. Along the 4 sides of a square are loose threads. These threads are meant to tie the squares together. This way they would complete the quilt, which would be the reason they existed. But distrust, resentment, territorialism and selfish ambition caused the squares to pull back from each other. And to make themselves appear complete, they tied their loose ends into pretty little bows. So we've ended up with a bunch of little islands. And the square maker doesn't have a warm blanket.
Does this help?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. If you can picture squares of cloth for a quilt, and pretend for a minute that they are alive. Each square is made of the highest quality materials. Along the 4 sides of a square are loose threads. These threads are meant to tie the squares together. This way they would complete the quilt, which would be the reason they existed. But distrust, resentment, territorialism and selfish ambition caused the squares to pull back from each other. And to make themselves appear complete, they tied their loose ends into pretty little bows. So we've ended up with a bunch of little islands. And the square maker doesn't have a warm blanket.
Does this help?

Rather than an analogy, I wonder what would happen if the church ACTUALLY FOLLOWED SCRIPTURE:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

But instead we have "business" where the "owner" is in charge of EVERYTHING, and EVERYONE. And if the "HIRELING" doesn't hear from GOD, then NOBODY HEARS FROM GOD because HE's the ONLY ONE who has the "pulpit". And of course we must REVERENCE the HIRELING, while he criticizes the BODY.

Would you attend? I wouldn't, and don't. -- And so we not only have a "failing" fellowship, but a "failing" relationship with GOD. But then again, what is the GREAT FALLING AWAY except those church attendees who are not FED, or EXERCISED, or TRAINED, as PERFECT FODDER for disaster.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Truman

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rather than an analogy, I wonder what would happen if the church ACTUALLY FOLLOWED SCRIPTURE:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

But instead we have "business" where the "owner" is in charge of EVERYTHING, and EVERYONE. And if the "HIRELING" doesn't hear from GOD, then NOBODY HEARS FROM GOD because HE's the ONLY ONE who has the "pulpit". And of course we must REVERENCE the HIRELING, while he criticizes the BODY.

Would you attend? I wouldn't, and don't. -- And so we not only have a "failing" fellowship, but a "failing" relationship with GOD. But then again, what is the GREAT FALLING AWAY except those church attendees who are not FED, or EXERCISED, or TRAINED, as PERFECT FODDER for disaster.

Bobby Jo

Sounds very much like what you are doing on this forum. I suppose you speak as the one in charge of the proceedings, or you believe that you own it and a such can tell your hirelings what is your truth and therefor your god's truth.