Why isn’t the world like its maker?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why isn’t the world like its maker? And who is the world really like?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arnie Manitoba said:

I think The Garden of Eden was more in tune with its maker

Then along came the devil and screwed everything up

Though yes Americans today refer to the earth as the world but actually biblically speaking especially some thing like KJV or some other version based on the same, the world is mankind and the earth and things of the earth, is earth, as in the Garden is a form of a place in the earth and Adam and Eve was the world in that day.
Since it is true that the devil was who he was before mankind, how is it that the Lord God can handle the fact that the devil is, and man couldn’t. It’s not the devil’s fault is it?
Also there is no doubt that the Lord God has His place in Heaven, but what is His place in earth?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't that speak to the eminence of the Creator that it is not like him? After all, the omnipotence paradox is probably more indicative of our conceptualization and language shortcomings rather than a shortcoming of God.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HammerStone said:
Doesn't that speak to the eminence of the Creator that it is not like him? After all, the omnipotence paradox is probably more indicative of our conceptualization and language shortcomings rather than a shortcoming of God.
How do you see that this is about God having pride? Men have a false sense of self importance, but it’s impossible for the Creator and Judge to have a false sense of self importance. If all of man kind lived and returned to earth never to be again, like a blade of grass. Or even never was, the Lord God is forever. And to think that because men do have cause to be ashamed, and humble, doesn’t mean the Almighty does. And if you see that as the Lord God having pride, then it sounds like you might reconsider your view of God’s nature.

But if your referring to the humble walk of Jesus Christ, then maybe one should consider that He walked in what He, the Lord, expects of men. Jesus fulfilled the will of God for the sons of man in the Son of man. And God expects Glory and to be Glorified, so, are you calling that pride?

In eternity before time the Creator and Judge always was, therefore there was nothing that was created or to be judged. He was during a eternity before time (the beginning) without anything except Himself. Yea, He is Almighty alright, and answers to nothing. And maintains His relationship with His creation through His Word by giving His Word and keeps it, therefore demonstrates His faithfulness by honoring the request for the fulfillment of His Word. And certainly not to impress mankind, though yes mankind should be more than impressed, it is be cause He is who He is and that is His nature.

God has no need to be humble, it is mankind that needs the Lord to show us what humble to God’s satisfaction is, hence the humble walk in the Son of man of Jesus our Lord and Savior.

The bottom line on the highness of God is His nature. If you don’t acknowledge the Most High God (the Creator and Judge) through is Son our Lord Jesus Christ, you can’t be saved can you?

But if you see that it is pride that is in men that is the reason why the world is not like it’s maker, then maybe you should expound on that. Just because a thing like pride exists doesn’t make it intrinsically evil, it’s just evil in hands of man. As in mankind is not the place for pride.
Arnie Manitoba said:
.... are you asking ....

Why isn't Mankind like its maker ? And who is mankind really like?
It could be seen in those terms.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
DPMartin said:
Though yes Americans today refer to the earth as the world but actually biblically speaking especially some thing like KJV or some other version based on the same, the world is mankind and the earth and things of the earth, is earth, as in the Garden is a form of a place in the earth and Adam and Eve was the world in that day.
Since it is true that the devil was who he was before mankind, how is it that the Lord God can handle the fact that the devil is, and man couldn’t. It’s not the devil’s fault is it?
Also there is no doubt that the Lord God has His place in Heaven, but what is His place in earth?
We wont find out until he returns

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
We wont find out until he returns

Jn:14:8: Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9: Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11: Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And since the Holy Spirit is God’s Presence and those born of His Spirit are His Children, how is it you don’t understand where God’s place in earth is? Isn’t the Father in the Son and the Son in the Father? And all three are not without the others because they are One? Didn’t Jesus say He came from the Father by saying He was going to return to the Father? And isn’t it true that, Jesus came in the earth via the Son of man, that is made of earth? You dwell in the earth and the Holy Spirit is to dwell in you. Thing is, why don’t you know that?

Rom:8:9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Otherwise when Jesus returns, it will be in Jerusalem, if that’s what you are thinking.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
DPMartin said:
Jn:14:8: Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9: Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11: Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And since the Holy Spirit is God’s Presence and those born of His Spirit are His Children, how is it you don’t understand where God’s place in earth is? Isn’t the Father in the Son and the Son in the Father? And all three are not without the others because they are One? Didn’t Jesus say He came from the Father by saying He was going to return to the Father? And isn’t it true that, Jesus came in the earth via the Son of man, that is made of earth? You dwell in the earth and the Holy Spirit is to dwell in you. Thing is, why don’t you know that?

Rom:8:9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Otherwise when Jesus returns, it will be in Jerusalem, if that’s what you are thinking.
What i dont know is exactly what it is you are trying to say?what i do know is that there will come a time when God will come to earth again and live with man,and that the wicked and unrighteous will be removed from this planet,because God can not and will not coexist with evil.And his Son will sit at his right hand.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
What i dont know is exactly what it is you are trying to say?what i do know is that there will come a time when God will come to earth again and live with man,and that the wicked and unrighteous will be removed from this planet,because God can not and will not coexist with evil.And his Son will sit at his right hand.
You really don’t read the scripture very much do you? Isn’t the Lord our God Righteousness? Then how can one be righteous without His righteousness in them? Which is not of them but of God. Also who told you that those without God’s Righteousness would be removed form the planet? Where does it say that in the Bible? And Jesus already sits at the Right Hand of the Father.

Mk:16:19: So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Read more then maybe you will understand more.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]Because maker makes us for a purpose. He does not create for just creating sake. Many people do not like that. They want to do what they want, not what they were created to do. They will never find fulfillment in doing what they want. [/SIZE]

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
DPMartin said:
You really don’t read the scripture very much do you? Isn’t the Lord our God Righteousness? Then how can one be righteous without His righteousness in them? Which is not of them but of God. Also who told you that those without God’s Righteousness would be removed form the planet? Where does it say that in the Bible? And Jesus already sits at the Right Hand of the Father.

Mk:16:19: So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Read more then maybe you will understand more.
I cant believe you are saying their will be wicked people in heaven.

If you read the book of "Job" you will see a righteous man who did not have the Holy Spirit.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
I cant believe you are saying their will be wicked people in heaven.

If you read the book of "Job" you will see a righteous man who did not have the Holy Spirit.
How is earth the same as heaven? Just because some might remain in the earth doesn’t mean it’s in Heaven, not even human flesh can inherit Heaven and flesh is made of earth. And it’s you that says that I said that, I don’t see anywhere where I said that? It seems you require God to fit your view of what you think He ought to be.

Who said Job was a righteous man? Wasn’t it the Lord Himself who declared Job righteous? Therefore it wasn’t of Job that Job was righteous was he? Job didn’t declare himself righteous nor make himself righteous. Didn’t Job have a relationship with the Lord God and God had a relationship with Job how did that happen without Job being in God’s Presence and since Jesus said that God is a Spirit just what would be God Presence considering your presence is flesh and God’s is Spirit? God didn’t talk to Job’s family nor Job’s friends. He talked to Job didn’t He?

And in case you didn’t know, God’s Presence is Holy and God is Spirit and if you can hear the Lord God speak to you like Job did then you are in God’s Presence which is Holy. And the true believe has God’s Presence dwelling in him and or with him and therefore God’s Presence which is Holy and is a Spirit which is righteous. Don’t befooled Jesus is the righteousness and justification of one’s being in the Presence of God. Otherwise no man is justified to be God’s Holy Presence which is Spirit. God doesn’t change what was experienced by the few in the OT is now available to the many by the pouring out of God’s Holy Spirit by God.
Suhar said:
[SIZE=medium]Because maker makes us for a purpose. He does not create for just creating sake. Many people do not like that. They want to do what they want, not what they were created to do. They will never find fulfillment in doing what they want. [/SIZE]
On one hand you’re correct in the assertion that God made man for a purpose, but on the other hand what is that purpose that is to be fulfilled to the Maker’s satisfaction? Or a more religious wording, God’s will.

I would have to disagree with your view that their want has no fulfillment. The wicked do experience fulfillment of what is in their hearts. And in the fulfillment of the Word of God, yes, even death. The fulfillment of God’s Word is fulfilled ether way. It’s the fulfillment of God’s Word in relationship to what Jesus fulfilled, that is what was necessary for the satisfaction of God’s Purpose for creating man in the first place.

But mankind always seeks the opportunity for the fulfillment of what is in his heart, hence the world without the Presence of God therein. King David’s experience of seeking God’s heart and makes the famous statement "the Lord is my Shepard and I shall not want." because the Lord God will fulfill, and or see to it that it’s fulfilled, of what is in His heart.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
DPMartin said:
How is earth the same as heaven? Just because some might remain in the earth doesn’t mean it’s in Heaven, not even human flesh can inherit Heaven and flesh is made of earth. And it’s you that says that I said that, I don’t see anywhere where I said that? It seems you require God to fit your view of what you think He ought to be.

Who said Job was a righteous man? Wasn’t it the Lord Himself who declared Job righteous? Therefore it wasn’t of Job that Job was righteous was he? Job didn’t declare himself righteous nor make himself righteous. Didn’t Job have a relationship with the Lord God and God had a relationship with Job how did that happen without Job being in God’s Presence and since Jesus said that God is a Spirit just what would be God Presence considering your presence is flesh and God’s is Spirit? God didn’t talk to Job’s family nor Job’s friends. He talked to Job didn’t He?

And in case you didn’t know, God’s Presence is Holy and God is Spirit and if you can hear the Lord God speak to you like Job did then you are in God’s Presence which is Holy. And the true believe has God’s Presence dwelling in him and or with him and therefore God’s Presence which is Holy and is a Spirit which is righteous. Don’t befooled Jesus is the righteousness and justification of one’s being in the Presence of God. Otherwise no man is justified to be God’s Holy Presence which is Spirit. God doesn’t change what was experienced by the few in the OT is now available to the many by the pouring out of God’s Holy Spirit by God.

On one hand you’re correct in the assertion that God made man for a purpose, but on the other hand what is that purpose that is to be fulfilled to the Maker’s satisfaction? Or a more religious wording, God’s will.

I would have to disagree with your view that their want has no fulfillment. The wicked do experience fulfillment of what is in their hearts. And in the fulfillment of the Word of God, yes, even death. The fulfillment of God’s Word is fulfilled ether way. It’s the fulfillment of God’s Word in relationship to what Jesus fulfilled, that is what was necessary for the satisfaction of God’s Purpose for creating man in the first place.

But mankind always seeks the opportunity for the fulfillment of what is in his heart, hence the world without the Presence of God therein. King David’s experience of seeking God’s heart and makes the famous statement "the Lord is my Shepard and I shall not want." because the Lord God will fulfill, and or see to it that it’s fulfilled, of what is in His heart.
You have the nerve of accusing me of not knowing the Bible ,when clearly it is you that is ignorant of the scripture.If you read Revelations 21:2 you will see heaven on earth. and if you take the time to read Job42:7 you will see God speaking to Jobs friends.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
DPMartin said:

Because you will never find satisfaction until you met Maker's purpose for you being created.

If you were created to sweep streets of heaven you will never be satisfied walking on them.

Hashe

Mar 1, 2014
DPMartin said:
Why isn’t the world like its maker? And who is the world really like?
So you can't see the creator in creation? Seems Paul thought otherwise (Rom 1:19-20)