Why isn't the shroud of turin in the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that the shroud of turin violates the second commandment?

I'm saying:

Hebrews 5:12 KJVS
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJVS
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Andrew Kind

Oct 14, 2018
Allentown
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm saying:

Hebrews 5:12 KJVS
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJVS
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Don't answer me in bible quotes if you have something to say, say it in plain English

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I hope they keep it hidden! I hope, but I suspect its not true.
It is hidden in Heaven (Rev 11:19), within the heavenly Temple.

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: [covenant] and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Reactions: Acolyte

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shroud of turin is a long linen cloth bearing a mysterious image of a man who many claim is Jesus Christ, although radio carbon dating puts the shrouds origins in the middle ages multiple lines of evidence (blood stains, dirt etc.) seem to support it being the burial cloth of Jesus.

I note you keep insisting that “nearly all the evidence points to this being the burial cloth of Jesus”, that there are “multiple lines of evidence”, confirming this and yet the only evidence you have mentioned thus far in support of this theory is “dirt” and “blood stains”. Just how exactly does dirt prove that this particular shroud was the one in which the Lord was wrapped, and how do blood stains prove that it was Jesus’ shroud? Do you or any other have a sample of Christ DNA so as to confirm this?

I think not, this is just a load of bunk, which naive individuals are made fools by.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does the shroud violate the teachings of the bible

You can keep on saying the same thing over and over.
This is the FOURTH time you have asked this...( #10, #24, #28 #48) You can keep on asking but it wont change the answers one bit..I have answered you twice, and other there have answered you also.

You are now just trolling..and you are being foolish. Foolish because you are obviously obsessed by this..or, as I say...just a troll.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:23-24 KJVS
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive
; but be gentle unto all men , apt to teach, patient,

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shroud is a very interesting item.

Science cannot explain the image. They try and always fail.

It is like an old film negative in the image is burnt into the surface of the cloth.

His face fits the time.. Short hair with no beard.

The nail wounds are in his wrist, not the palms of his hands, which is physiologically accurate but not in agreement with ancient writings.

So far nothing has proven it cannot be his image. But how do you prove it was?

Is everything recorded in the Bible? No. Does it all need to be recorded in the Bible. No.

What did they do with the cross he was nailed on?

I think there was good reason to hide these items. Hide them or watch them turn into icons and alters, which would've not been biblical to do.

Look what that kind of thinking has done to Catholicism.

What else is lacking in the Bible? Dinosaurs, records of non-Middle East civilizations, such as in Asia or the Americas.

A lot to think about but nothing essential for our salvation.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't answer my question, would god make miracle like the shroud and not put it in the bible?

John 21:25 "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

John 20:30 "Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you suppose that any answer received from men is going definitely resolve the question you have asked?
We do live for God by faith, do we not?

"We do live for God by faith, do we not?"
Is there any other way?? Lol ♥

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be something to this shroud, but the reason it was not mentioned was primarily to keep our focus on the RISEN LORD, not relics.

The Catholic Church went into the business of relics and led many people astray. Based upon the shroud, a replica of Christ has now been created. This is interesting for those who want to see something and then believe.

sculptor.jpg

'The Precise Image of What Jesus Looked Like': 3-D Replica Created from Shroud of Turin

"This is interesting for those who want to see something and then believe." Well said :)

Now, to me that would be a total lack of faith.

Reactions: Enoch111

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 119.105. 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path'.

2 Timothy 3.16, 17: 'All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.'

Psalm 119.89: 'For ever, O LORD, Thy word is settled in heaven.'

John 5.39-41: 'Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.'
And, yet - not ONE of these verses supports the.man-made doctrine of Sola Scriptura.
They simply speak of Scripture's importance . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, yet - not ONE of these verses supports the.man-made doctrine of Sola Scriptura.
They simply speak of Scripture's importance . . .

We're told to test all things against the Scriptures. Catholic doctrine, dogma traditions are not Scriptures.

I see nothing in the Bible says to use anything other than the Bible for study and testing.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shroud of turin is a long linen cloth bearing a mysterious image of a man who many claim is Jesus Christ, although radio carbon dating puts the shrouds origins in the middle ages multiple lines of evidence (blood stains, dirt etc.) seem to support it being the burial cloth of Jesus. However another factor to consider is this there is no mention of a linen cloth with the image of Jesus ANYWHERE in the bible, so the question I have is, if the shroud of turin is the burial cloth of Christ why would such a miracle be left out of the bible
John 21:25 holds the answer.
John writes:

John 21:25
There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written.

Jesus performed PLENTY of miracles in the Gospel which are written about.
If these can’t convince you – NOTHING will.

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
- St. Thomas Aquinas