Why Israel Will Never sign a 7 year peace treaty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul2

Jul 22, 2023
Londonderry NH
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many assert that the opening of the 1st seal is the beginning of the 70th week. As Daniel 9:24 declares, God has determined punishment upon the Jewish people and the Holy city, but the seal judgments are upon the whole world; so, how can this be the 70th week?
The seventy weeks is not just a period of punishment. At the conclusion of the 70th week Jerusalem will be reconciled. &0 weeks are determined to fulfill their redemption and accept their Messiah, Jesus Christ. The time of Jacob's troubles are also the time of the world's troubles. The Great Tribulation will awaken the Jews. When they see the Antichrist go to the rebuilt temple they were told to run for their lives. They will flee to the wilderness of 1260 days, or 42 months or a Time (one year) and Times ( 2 years) And A Half A Time (half a year). The time frame is spelled out several ways yet still it is missed.

Revelation 12:14 "And to the woman (Israel) were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
(1 Year) (2 Years) (Half A Year)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11:11 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

2 Thessalonians 2:4
"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Revelation 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
How many temples are there in Rev ch11?

Paul2

Jul 22, 2023
Londonderry NH
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many temples are there in Rev ch11?
Revelation 11 is speaking of one future rebuilt temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. At the end of chapter 11 the Heavenly Temple is mentioned but that is not the temple that was measured which is in Jerusalem where the two witnesses will be killed.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11 is speaking of one future rebuilt temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. At the end of chapter 11 the Heavenly Temple is mentioned but that is not the temple that was measured which is in Jerusalem where the two witnesses will be killed.
Correct

Which temple do you belong to?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I caught where you were going with that as soon as I posted. I immediately corrected myself. Revelation 11 primarily speaks of the earthly temple.
Rev ch11 starts off with the focus on earth in earthbound Jerusalem

Rev ch11 ends with the Heavenly Temple in Heavenly Jerusalem

Which one do you desire?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel 9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah (Jesus) be cut off, but not for himself: and the people (The Romans) of the prince (Antichrist) that shall come shall destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

What the above verse is saying is that Romans would destroy Jerusalem which happened in 70 ad by the 10th Roman Legion. Out Of the People who destroy Jerusalem would come a future Prince, The Antichrist. The "He" in Verse 27 is the Prince to come from the Romans, The Antichrist.

Daniel 9:27 "And he (The Prince that shall come from the Romans) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (Antichrist) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Doesn't pass the grammar test.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are they?
24“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

25“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.

26“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

a.) Messiah the Prince

b.) the people of the prince who is to come

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most prophecy teachers mistakenly teach that Israel will sign a 7 year peace treaty brokered by the Antichrist which will begin the famous 70th week of Daniel. That will never happen! Israel is not interested in a guarantee of 7 years of peace, they are seeking everlasting peace. in 1967 the Israelis fought the six day war, only to be attacked again in 1973 on Yom Kipper. The Arabs used the time between wars to regroup and resupply. Israel will never let it's guard down for a short term agreement of peace.

What people don't understand is the 70th week is God's time frame, not mans. God has decreed that Jesus Christ would establish His Kingdom at the end of the 70th week of Daniel.

The covenant that will start the 70th week of Daniel is an acknowledgement of God's covenant with Abraham. The Antichrist will confirm "The Covenant" with many.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Israel will be deceived into believing they are being offered a lasting peace, with their historic enemies finally acknowledging their right to exist in the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The 70th week of Daniel is a period of exactly 2520 days. The ancient Jewish calendar consisted of 360 days per year. People who teach that Israel will "Sign" a 7 year treaty never seem to consider how many days there are in the prophecy itself.

We are shown the 70 weeks from God's time frame. To think modern Israel will sign a 7 year peace treaty using the ancient Hebrew calendar, and that 7 years of peace would be an offer that would get them to lower their guard is fantasy.

If a charismatic leader got the world to acknowledge Israel's right to exist as a Jewish Nation With Jerusalem as It's eternal Capital and allow for the third temple to be built on the Temple Mount, That's an offer that would be enticing.

Most of the mainstream Bible Teachers parrot what others say. Where are the teachers who are still teachable? The Israelis' know what Christians believe, they have been warned again and again to beware of a 7 year peace offer, but that is an offer that will never come, because the 7 years is God's time frame.
Can you find JESUS, the Apostles or Revelation saying "seven years"?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Messiah.
Cannot be Messiah for both princes mentioned.

Please read carefully Daniel ch9 as two separate princes are mentioned.

Know therefore and understand,
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; = 1st Prince Messiah is now removed
And the people of the prince who is to come = Antichrist
And till the end of the war desolations are determined

The second prince is confirmed = 1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
24“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

25“Know therefore and understand,

Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,

a.) Messiah the Prince

b.) the people of the prince who is to come

Who is the only Individual identified as a prince in the passage?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is the only Individual identified as a prince in the passage?
Peace to you @covenantee and also to you @wrecked

100% passes the high school level grammar test.

#1 - Messiah is cut off and is no longer the subject of discussion after v26
JESUS and His People are not the ones destroying the city and the sanctuary = SEE Zechariah ch14

#2 - as foretold in Genesis, a ruler will rise who opposes God/Truth/Messiah/the Saints

verse 27 - JESUS did not confirm a covenant for one week and then broke it in the middle of the week

verse 27 - Is JESUS the prince/ruler that "on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate" ???

Do you believe JESUS makes and/or commits "abominations" ???

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And peace to you David in NJ

#1 - Messiah is cut off and is no longer the subject of discussion after v26
JESUS and His People are not the ones destroying the city and the sanctuary = SEE Zechariah ch14
Messiah the Prince was alive and well in 70 AD.

He directed the Roman armies, who were His people serving as His agents of judgment and destruction, destroying the city and sanctuary. Both Josephus and Titus acknowledged Divine intervention and assistance in that destruction.
#2 - as foretold in Genesis, a ruler will rise who opposes God/Truth/Messiah/the Saints
Scripture?
verse 27 - JESUS did not confirm a covenant for one week and then broke it in the middle of the week
Jesus confirmed His New Covenant during His 3 1/2 years of ministry to Israel, and His disciples confirmed it during the following 3 1/2 years, after which the Gospel was opened to the Gentiles. Matthew 26:28. Jesus did not break His New Covenant.
verse 27 - Is JESUS the prince/ruler that "on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate" ???
The Roman armies were abominations to the Jews because of the pagan ensigns which they bore and worshiped, of which the eagle was one, thus, the wing of abominations. Jesus was the Divine Desolator directing them.
Do you believe JESUS makes and/or commits "abominations" ???
Jesus directed the abominations, to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon the nation which had rejected Him.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And peace to you David in NJ

Messiah was alive and well in 70 AD.

He directed the Roman armies, who were His people serving as His agents of judgment and destruction, destroying the city and sanctuary. Both Josephus and Titus acknowledged Divine intervention and assistance in that destruction.

Scripture?

Jesus confirmed His New Covenant during His 3 1/2 years of ministry to Israel, and His disciples confirmed it during the following 3 1/2 years, after which the Gospel was opened to the Gentiles. Matthew 26:28. Jesus did not break His New Covenant.

The Roman armies were abominations to the Jews because of the pagan ensigns which they bore and worshiped, of which the eagle was one, thus, the wing of abominations. Jesus was the Divine Desolator directing them.

Jesus directed the abominations, to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon the nation which had rejected Him.
Well, that is pure human conjecture added to the scriptures.

Follow and submit to the Holy Scriptures without adding to them = Daniel 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; = 1st Prince Messiah is now removed
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, = this is not JESUS my friend

BELIEVE the TRUTH as it is written.

Here is your Verification of Daniel 9:26-27 from the Mouth of God = John 14:25-31

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

“And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.

2nd Verification 1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, that is pure human conjecture added to the scriptures.

Follow and submit to the Holy Scriptures without adding to them = Daniel 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, = this is not JESUS my friend

BELIEVE the TRUTH as it is written.

Here is your Verification of Daniel 9:26-27 from the Mouth of God = John 14:25-31

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

“And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.

2nd Verification 1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
The word "Antichrist" does not exist in Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic. It is not found in the OT. Daniel does not refer to something which does not exist.

The only occurrences of the word "Antichrist" are in John's NT epistles.

There are several references in Scripture to Messiah as Prince.

There is no reference anywhere in Scripture to Antichrist as prince.

There is not one reference in the entirety of pre-19th-century orthodox Christian recognized exposition which claims Messiah the Covenant Confirmer to be Antichrist.

That is Darby/Scofield modernist dispensational fantasy and fallacy, not to mention blasphemy.

• Wow
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Antichrist" does not exist in Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic. It is not found in the OT. Daniel does not refer to something which does not exist.

The only occurrences of the word "Antichrist" are in John's NT epistles.

There are several references in Scripture to Messiah as Prince.

There is no reference anywhere in Scripture to Antichrist as prince.

There is not one reference in the entirety of pre-19th-century orthodox Christian recognized exposition which claims Messiah the Covenant Maker to be Antichrist.

That is Darby/Scofield modernist dispensational fantasy and fallacy.
Unstuck yourself and your mind.

Your understanding either comes from man or from God via His word.

It is CRYSTAL CLEAR who JESUS is speaking of and HE and also the Apostle John and the Apostle Paul

The Antichrist goes by many names:
a.) Daniel ch9 - "prince of the people"
b.) John ch14 - "ruler of this world"
c.) 2 Thessalonians ch2 - "man of lawlessness"
d.) John ch17 and 2 Thess ch2 - "son of perdition"
e.) Matthew ch24 "false christ"
f.) 1 John 2:18 - "Antichrist"
g.) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan -
2 Thess ch2

"the prince of the people" in Daniel ch9 is confirmed by all these passages