Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bingo! Now, all the moderators need do is go back to the list of accounts banned for open antisemitism and look to the related IP addresses to find out which one of those is now right here. *Points to quote

Get them mad and their true nature kicks up,and pours out.
It's not antisemitism. I happen to be 100% on the side of the Jews in this world AND on the side of Israel.

You're an agent of Satan, like I said. Make yourself at his beck and call whenever he wants to falsely accuse the brethren.

The Jews happen to be only one tribe of Israel. The fullness of the Gentiles makes up Ephraim who ceased being a nation before God but has now received mercy.

Your message is not the same message Christ and His apostles taught - nor is it the message the prophets of God taught before them.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct amondo...
But there are people that really do not have it in their head to get it straight.
God never called the ten items in chapter 20 commandments.

They are summaries of Laws...
Please let me stop you right there! That is so well put. I'd like to steal that statement from you and shout it from the housetops. I think that's exactly how God intended to put it in the Scriptures, as "summaries." Why else would He set it apart as a subset of the entire Law? Beautifully put!

I think He was spelling out that all of His laws under the Old Covenant were designed to be moral, to reflect His image and likeness in Israel. And so, they are not to be cut off from the Law, but to be understood as basic to the Law itself as a Covenant. It was designed to keep Israel looking like God until their covenant could be fulfilled.

Of course, that meant that the Sabbath Law had to be fulfilled, as well. ;) But as long as Sabbath Law was being observed, it was designed to keep Israel looking like God, not stealing, not killing, not committing adultery, etc. Keeping God's rules was not to be a perfunctory practice, but an essentially spiritual, moral practice.
and as you should expect the details of each of these summaries are fully explained in the body of the 613 Mosaic Laws. Beyond that Christians do not have a Saturday Sabbath, Christians are not concerned about engraved images and our wives are not listed along with our property. Then you have….You shall have no other gods before me.....In Christianity we have the God Yahweh and the God Yeshua and the God Holy Spirit so this does not apply. You can do a tap dance and razzmatazz and word juggling if you want and say 3 Gods in one.....But the Jews will never buy that. Three named Gods that talked to each other and interacted with each other and referenced each other as Father and Son....notice the and 1+1+1=3.
Yes, Jesus also believed in just "one God," and he was God's Divine Son. He was God manifested in the finite world in the form of a man.
The Ten Commandments that the Covenant was formed in accordance with are in Exodus 34:10-28
Be sure to observe what I am commanding you this day….Exodus 34:11

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. Exodus 34”27 & 28

It is all well and good but as far as religious standards or guidance they are not part of Christianity.
Right. Same God, different Covenant. The Law was given only to Israel. Sabbath Law was given only to Israel.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bingo! Now, all the moderators need do is go back to the list of accounts banned for open antisemitism and look to the related IP addresses to find out which one of those is now right here. *Points to quote

Get them mad and their true nature kicks up,and pours out.
You're a disgrace to the name of Christ. Why don't you serve the One you claim to believe in?

It's because you can't. It requires His Holy Spirit.

Your false accusations are typical of the one who serves Satan, making himself at his beck and call to falsely accuse those who belong to Christ.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at Abraham.

Act 13:26
Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
Rom 4:1
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Rom 4:2
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:9
Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
Rom 4:12
And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Rom 4:13
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom 9:7
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2Co 11:22
Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
Gal 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Heb 11:8
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Heb 11:17
By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Jas 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
1Pe 3:6
Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Hugs

Reactions: Zao is life

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean there is no Gentile Sabbath?
Christian is a combo of both Jew and Gentile.
Jews recieved the law and Gentiles recieved Faith through Abraham who was a Gentile before he became a Hebrew before he had Jacob who became Israel.
I don't see where God told Abraham to keep a day seperate from the rest.
What I do see is when God promised Abraham that his heritage would come into the promised land, then there they would find rest.
Unless you can show me the Sabbath before Moses. I can't find it, except noted as the seventh day in Genesis.
Still looking..
hugs
Ain't no Christian Sabbath!!! Jesus said so!

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ain't no Christian Sabbath!!!
ok,
So I understand the word Sabbath is not commanded to keep in the NT. I get it.
But, there is an entering into some place, that Israel could not enter in because they had no faith.
The NT calls it To day.
So what is To day? Seeing those who have faith have already entered in?

If Christians don't have it, who does?And where is it?
Where is To day?

Hugs

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please let me stop you right there! That is so well put. I'd like to steal that statement from you and shout it from the housetops. I think that's exactly how God intended to put it in the Scriptures, as "summaries." Why else would He set it apart as a subset of the entire Law? Beautifully put!

I think He was spelling out that all of His laws under the Old Covenant were designed to be moral, to reflect His image and likeness in Israel. And so, they are not to be cut off from the Law, but to be understood as basic to the Law itself as a Covenant. It was designed to keep Israel looking like God until their covenant could be fulfilled.

Of course, that meant that the Sabbath Law had to be fulfilled, as well. ;) But as long as Sabbath Law was being observed, it was designed to keep Israel looking like God, not stealing, not killing, not committing adultery, etc. Keeping God's rules was not to be a perfunctory practice, but an essentially spiritual, moral practice.

Yes, Jesus also believed in just "one God," and he was God's Divine Son. He was God manifested in the finite world in the form of a man.

Right. Same God, different Covenant. The Law was given only to Israel. Sabbath Law was given only to Israel.
Sabbath was given at Eden. If you think that the Law was just for the Jews, How were those before Jews became a nation condemned? If there were no Law then they did nothing wrong. But God destroyed the world for something, and Sodom and the other cities of the plains for some reason. doesn't make sense does, it? And Jesus magnifying the Law, as even more that was thought (hate is murder, etc) and then after showing folk that the Law goes much deeper that what was thought POOF! it's gone . Even Paul said I had not known sin but by the Law (Romans 7:7) Well, we cannot keep the law without Jesus. In Him we become new creatures and want to do his will.
If Ye love Me keep My Commandments. Are these the two Jesus told us Love God and Love thy neighbor. both of those are found and were in force in the OT. Deut6:5 and Lev 19:18;)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 16:25
And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

Eat what to day?
Exo 16:23
And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

That which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

When is To morrow? To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the Lord.
Now that which remains... eat that To day.

There was a time when they no longer ate the manna. Once they entered into the promised land, they ate what grew there.
So this manna God gave them was only temporary until they entered in to the promised land.
They ate this To day, until To morrow came.

When is To morrow? Is To morrow To day?

Psa 95:7
For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Psa 95:8
Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Psa 95:9
When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
Psa 95:10
Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11
Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

God swore in his wrath yesterday that tomorrow this people that didn't know God's ways hmm.. would not enter into his rest To day.
Of course unless one listens to his VOICE. That is the exception.
This is my beloved Son, hear ye him. That's what God said.

So when is To day?
Mat 6:30
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
to morrow sounds like it might be hot and muggy.

Luk 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Does Jesus mean To day as in To morrow, or is To day still To day?

Here it is again: Holy Ghost is speaking here:

Heb 3:7
Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9
When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10
Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11
So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.

And again here:

Heb 3:12
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15
While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Christ is the manna God sent from heaven, and we are partakers of Christ. The old manna was yesterday, the new manna is To Day.
That which remaineth and was left over is the those things which were nailed to the cross.

We don't need to seek the promise land that God promised Abraham because he is already found by those who seek him by faith.

To Day is To Day.

Heb 3:18
And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19
So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Heb 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

NIV:
God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.

What do you suppose that "certain" day was God called To Day?
Could it possibly be the same day Moses called it Sabbath?
Because before Moses there is no mention of the word Sabbath. And in Genesis God didn't give the seventh day a name.
All we know is there is no morning or evening in it. And God called Light, Day.
To Day.

We are living in the certain day that God called To Day. This Day is limited. It is the period of Grace we are in.
After To Day comes To Morrow and it looks like it's going to be very uncomfortable, thrown into the oven even.
Don't sound fun to me.

Just pondering..
Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And that is another point there were actually fourteen....they just freaked after ten. The Jews were suppose to keep the commandments but God never called them commandments....More of a introduction into Jewish morality.

You do not think Christ knew He was a God?

Which two are you going to kick out of the Trinity?

1. You going to kick Yahweh out of the Trinity?

2. You going to kick Yeshua out of the Trinity?

3. You going to kick the Holy Spirit out of the Trinity?

Are you going to change the wording of the Bible? God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten “Me Me”

And the fifty times that God the Son referred to His father as…. My Father in heaven….are you going to change that to My ME ME in heaven….

The more people try to describe this one God formula for the Trinity, the more it sounds like something between mysticism and witchcraft.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is another point there were actually fourteen....they just freaked after ten. The Jews were suppose to keep the commandments but God never called them commandments....More of a introduction into Jewish morality.

You do not think Christ knew He was a God?

Which two are you going to kick out of the Trinity?

1. You going to kick Yahweh out of the Trinity?

2. You going to kick Yeshua out of the Trinity?

3. You going to kick the Holy Spirit out of the Trinity?

Are you going to change the wording of the Bible? God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten “Me Me”

And the fifty times that God the Son referred to His father as…. My Father in heaven….are you going to change that to My ME ME in heaven….

The more people try to describe this one God formula for the Trinity, the more it sounds like something between mysticism and witchcraft.
You trying to deliberately lock the thread?
Not cool brother, not cool at all.

hugs

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You trying to deliberately lock the thread?
Not cool brother, not cool at all.

hugs
Oh they can erase it.....A Christian forum where you cannot talk about the Trinity.....ironic or just wierd?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh they can erase it.....A Christian forum where you cannot talk about the Trinity.....ironic or just wierd?
Rules are rules. I didn't make them.
I like this thread and would appreciate it if we could keep it going.
Thankyou for your understanding
:D
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to work out..
If the children in the wilderness were so stubborn and hard hearted, why did God give them manna,and why give them rest.
It wasn't because they were good or evil. It was because God promised Abraham to bring his seed into the promised land.
So we got a bunch of disrespectful grumpy brats, and God uses Moses and Aaron and Miriam to lead them.
No matter what God does, these people are ungreatful, whiney, all they do is complain complain complain.

Moses is really inbetween the Rock and the hard place. He fears God, but he also fears the people.
The people are so wicked God has to literally drill laws into stone to make them listen, because their ears are closed to his voice.
They don't want to listen to God. They don't even want to listen to Moses. Who made you a judge over us?
So God says ok, you want to play that way, then this is what we'll do.
I'm going to give you a law that you have to follow and if you don't, You die.

I'm having a really hard time with God telling Moses to kill people after he wrote with his own finger, Thou shalt not kill.
Moses listen, Don't kill anybody. Ok Lord. Hey Moses, if they don't abide by this law, Kill them. Uh, ok Lord.

Somebody help me make sense of this. I understand punishment and consequences.
But if you die for not keeping the law, and the law says don't kill, murder, however you want to say it..

Which do you keep?

I hear the Pharisees.. It is not lawful for us to

Jhn 18:31
Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:

Jhn 8:3
And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
Jhn 8:4
They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Jhn 8:5
Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Act 7:37
This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
Act 7:38
This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Act 7:39
To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,
Act 7:40
Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
Act 7:41
And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.
Act 7:42
Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?
Act 7:43
Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Our God is not a God of confusion. So why the contradiction?

hmm
thinking..
hugs