Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah,then Jesus sinned in the New Testament.

Which,to be concise in your perspective,must be conceded .
Not in the least. As Jesu said, the Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath. The Sabbath rest was talking about ceasing from normal labors, not all labors. One must make a differentiation between the biblical Sabbath rule and the over 600 commands that came to in Jesus day made by men like the Pharisees governing Sabbath conduct.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We've already posted scriptures telling us what the sabbath looks like under the New Covenant which has nothing to do with Saturday... those having been indoctrinated by Ellen G White reject the New Covenant trying to mix the old and the new together claiming the old is still in effect.

So "proof" had already been posted again and again so all you have to do is scroll back in the thread. There's no need to keep posting what God's Word says when all the reprobates do is reject it.

Plus many more such virtually identical declarations by grail hunting Roman Catholics and other Dispensationalist Antinomians claiming for themselves the Divine Judicial Authority of God Himself, AS IF THEY - YOU - CAN SEVER FROM CHRIST OR REFUSE OR HAND OUT GRACE, in other words, AS IF YOU ARE GOD.
"God is not mocked."

That's what the reprobates keep claiming agree.gif

And it's especially funny when they call those not agreeing with Ellen G White's "vision"... catholics! laughing7.giflaughing4.gif

That's some funny stuff right there! Comedy hour has arrived again!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the least. As Jesu said, the Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath. The Sabbath rest was talking about ceasing from normal labors, not all labors. One must make a differentiation between the biblical Sabbath rule and the over 600 commands that came to in Jesus day made by men like the Pharisees governing Sabbath conduct.
One has differentiated . Yet, that is denied by those who insist God's laws are strictly OT.

Which is absurd.

It has already been noted the Pharisees were those who prosecuted violators with severe punishment.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has already been noted the Pharisees were those who prosecuted violators with severe punishment.
???:

Exo_31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Exo_31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exo_35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Did I mention "???"

Amen.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
???:

Exo_31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Exo_31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exo_35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Did I mention "???"

Amen.

As has been stated so many times before:

We probably ought to go ahead and pile up some rocks in case anybody takes the LORD's name in vain or dishonors their parents, too, I guess.

On the other hand, we could just dispense with the other 9 commandments, as well.

Why, oh why is it that we have been able to integrate non-Sabbath commandments into postmodern Christianity so nicely?

No need to answer.

It is because they are so very easy to fake.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As has been stated so many times before:

We probably ought to go ahead and pile up some rocks in case anybody takes the LORD's name in vain or dishonors their parents, too, I guess.

On the other hand, we could just dispense with the other 9 commandments, as well.

Why, oh why is it that we have been able to integrate non-Sabbath commandments into postmodern Christianity so nicely?

No need to answer.

It is because they are so very easy to fake.

I know.

How dare we respect our parents,have no other... Never mind.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not answer the post it just states your opinion with no objectivity, The fact that you can't should sound alarms off for you.
You have not addressed the points of the post you responded to. Here it is again. Please address the points of the post.

Matt 24 shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming through the grammar. Which you are choosing to ignore. And now in reference to Hebrews 4 you speak of grammar?

2 rest in Hebrews 4 not one. The rest which is the Gospel and the seventh day Sabbath rest. They are not the same.
How do we know?
The works for the Gospel rest were finished from the foundation of the world. For God had rested from all His works. Which include the rest which is the Gospel according to verse three's usage of the word although. It says that He spake in a certain place. The only time the Seventh day was spoken by God was on Mt Sinai in the giving of the Commandments.
Verse 5 says in this again. In this again what? In this again He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into His rest which is the Gospel.
How does He speak?
Verse 9 and 10 tell tells us. It says there remains therefore a Sabbath Keeping to the people of God. For He that has entered in His rest which is the Gospel also in addition to this rest Also ceases from his own work as God did from His.
As God did from His is a direct comparison. Did God enter into the rest of salvation in Christ? No!

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God. (Footnote: aThe Greek word is sabattismos, which means Sabbath-keeping.)
Heb 4:10 For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as God rested from His own.

Only the LORD Jesus can make blind people to SEE.

Religion will always keep you blind = just ask the Jewish people who keep saturday sabbath.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's "Brother Pharisee" to you (or so I was lead to believe).

But with this overwhelming Scripture evidence that there was no evening and morning re-"created" 6 days after it was originally set in motion—the very (7th) day after creation was ended—what choice do I have but to follow on to the cave with the rest of the doomed children of Hamelin?

"Night and day" is the same as "evening and morning" which, if as you claim, there was none "created" on the 7th day, then the 7th day contained no light.

And with hermeneutical leanings like this you will be swept away by the most amateurish of deceptions.

My BROTHER in Christ Barney = LOVED that one liner = good lol

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But with this overwhelming Scripture evidence that there was no evening and morning re-"created" 6 days after it was originally set in motion—the very (7th) day after creation was ended—what choice do I have but to follow on to the cave with the rest of the doomed children of Hamelin?

"Night and day" is the same as "evening and morning" which, if as you claim, there was none "created" on the 7th day, then the 7th day contained no light.

And with hermeneutical leanings like this you will be swept away by the most amateurish of deceptions.

Instead of listening to some guy named Herman Neutered, i Highly recommend the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit = aka 'Spirit of Truth'

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One has differentiated . Yet, that is denied by those who insist God's laws are strictly OT.

Which is absurd.

and most of the persecution the pharisees dished out was in violation of their own traditions vs. the Mosaic Laws.

Matthew 15

King James Version

15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plus many more such virtually identical declarations by grail hunting Roman Catholics and other Dispensationalist Antinomians claiming for themselves the Divine Judicial Authority of God Himself, AS IF THEY - YOU - CAN SEVER FROM CHRIST OR REFUSE OR HAND OUT GRACE, in other words, AS IF YOU ARE GOD.
"God is not mocked."

“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" Matthew 23:33

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Gospel of John 1:1-9
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

John 8:12
Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of listening to some guy named Herman Neutered, i Highly recommend the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit = aka 'Spirit of Truth'
Genesis 2:1-3
Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Gospel of John 1:1-9
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light
which gives light to every man coming into the world.

John 8:12
Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

There's no point in quoting Scripture alone here because I don't have a problem with Scripture.

The problem is with your "herman-neutered" interpretation of Scripture.

"No darkness on the first Sabbath" in history is Buffalo Bagels.

If Christ was in the beginning with God (of which there can be no doubt) and was Himself light that kept the darkness from the first Sabbath, where did He go to hide so there could be some night on the first 6 days, Dave? Wasn't He there with God in the beginning?

What kind of Sabbaphobic non-answer will you give for this?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and most of the persecution the pharisees dished out was in violation of their own traditions vs. the Mosaic Laws.

Matthew 15​

King James Version​

15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
I think the fact God made Sabbath for us,not us for the Sabbath is sufficient.

Adding that we are to let no one judge us for keeping God's Sabbath gift,all efforts to judge and dissuade are unnecessary. And in fact contrary to scripture.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no point in quoting Scripture alone here because I don't have a problem with Scripture.

The problem is with your "herman-neutered" interpretation of Scripture.

"No darkness on the first Sabbath" in history is Buffalo Bagels.

If Christ was in the beginning with God (of which there can be no doubt) and was Himself light that kept the darkness from the first Sabbath, where did He go to hide so there could be some night on the first 6 days, Dave? Wasn't He there with God in the beginning?

What kind of Sabbaphobic non-answer will you give for this?
TWO different Realms my Brother = Spirit and flesh/earthbound

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

TWO different Realms = Spirit and earthbound

Hebrews 8:1-6

Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer.
For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;
who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TWO different Realms my Brother = Spirit and flesh/earthbound

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

TWO different Realms = Spirit and earthbound

Hebrews 8:1-6

Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer.
For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;
who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Unfortunately, just as I expected—an absolutely irrelevant DODGE and NON-ANSWER to my specific challenge of your fanciful interpretations of Genesis 2 (a repeat of last summer).

Neo-Gnosticism in the guise of legitimate spirituality.

Reactions: Brakelite

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, just as I expected—an absolutely irrelevant DODGE and NON-ANSWER to my specific challenge of your fanciful interpretations of Genesis 2 (a repeat of last summer).

Neo-Gnosticism in the guise of legitimate spirituality.

I think they argue contrary to scripture to see how long they can occupy our time with nonsense. Seriously.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Sabbath rest was talking about ceasing from normal labors, not all labors.

No <Sabbath rest was talking> ever. "In times past GOD through his prophets spoke and in THESE LAST DAYS GOD by the SON speaks". This is here the first exhibit of you, Ronald Nolette's kinship with the LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING: the devil. You not only talk great devilish words against Scripture, but against the GOD and SPIRIT and OBJECT of Scripture: GOD THE SON.

Next: No Sabbath rest was talking about ceasing from normal or all labors of man of any kind, ever! This is here the second exhibit of you, Ronald Nolette, being of kinship with the LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING: the devil. This is why, that "ALL SCRIPTURE" - SAYS JESUS CHRIST - including all Sabbath Scriptures, talk about GOD'S, Works, of His, working, working, making, creating, EARNING, "HIS REST THE REST OF GOD"... katapausis Theou : "WHEREFORE for the People OF GOD, resting the Sabbath Day remains, and remains valid, and remains forever"... Ara apoleipetai Sabbatismos tohi laohi tou Theou!

What gross and despicable blasphemer are you, Robert Nolette!